• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks | officially announced. THIS YEAR

Easy_D

never left the stone age
TheCardPlayer said:
So, every review so far said that there was 4 dungeons plus the Tower Of The Gods. And we now we have the Prima Guide Table Of Contents...

http://www.primagames.com/guides/display.php?isbn=9780307465931&tab=toc#tabs

And there's more than 4 dungeons. It's 6 plus the tower. Reviewers were tards...again.
More dungeons
, better music (From what I've seen in vids) no need to revisit floors in central dungeon, tap to roll,
motherfucking Master Sword
. Yeah I have a feeling this game's gonna be quite a bit better than Phantom Hourglass.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
grandjedi6 said:
There's nothing guaranteeing that there will be a dungeon in each realm though.

Don't we return to the tower after every dungeon?
And they only mention the Forest Temple anyway. They never showed any ocean or desert areas in the trailers, or screenshots, so I can't wait to see these. Well, they did show a few seconds of the train underwater...

Hobbun

So there is only 5 dungeons total? That’s pretty short. Even if you do revisit the Tower of Spirits several times.

zigg

There could be an inverse relationship between dungeon count and game awesomeness.

That would put this one just below Majora's Mask.

(choo choo)

zigg

OMG Aero said:
Didn't Majora's Mask only have 5 dungeons too?

Four, really—the moon wasn't a dungeon by any stretch. But there was a ton of stuff to do in additional minis, the extra courses if you'd collected all the masks, and the overworld.

To make it perfectly clear, ST's number doesn't worry me in the slightest.

OMG Aero

Magypsy23 said:
Did this stand out to anyone else while watching these?
14ilgdc.jpg

I'm calling it now, that's the Triforce of steam

zigg

OMG Aero said:
I'm calling it now, that's the Triforce of steam

:lol

Seriously, though, it looks like a Force Gem from FSA.

(or from PH's multiplayer, or parts of the TotOK)

Hobbun said:
So there is only 5 dungeons total? That’s pretty short. Even if you do revisit the Tower of Spirits several times.

Hopefully the dungeons are spread out and full of puzzles/events. Could be a lot of filler in btw each one....

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Mr. Wonderful said:
Yeah, but who said anything about quality thus far?

i'm only saying that if they said, "it has 100 dungeons!" there'd be no cause for celebration.

and plenty of the previews i've read have been very positive.

Hobbun

Wasn't trying to say I wasn't going to buy the game due to the low dungeon count. It's still a day 1.

However, it's low from the Zelda games I have played. (No, I haven't played MM yet).

Another concern I have about the game is what I read in Edge's review. They indicated that the overworld is basically just moving from one location to another. You can't really 'control' where you are going, except from destination to destination. There is no 'in between', or very little.

I guess I was kind of hoping more of a return to an overworld that you can actually walk on again, along with using the train.

But I'm still looking forward to the game.

Hobbun said:
Wasn't trying to say I wasn't going to buy the game due to the low dungeon count. It's still a day 1.

However, it's low from the Zelda games I have played. (No, I haven't played MM yet).

Another concern I have about the game is what I read in Edge's review. They indicated that the overworld is basically just moving from one location to another. You can't really 'control' where you are going, except from destination to destination. There is no 'in between', or very little.

I guess I was kind of hoping more of a return to an overworld that you can actually walk on again, along with using the train.

But I'm still looking forward to the game.

Any spoilers in that review?

Magypsy23 said:
It's "Tower of Spirits" in the English language version. It's "Tower of the Gods" in every single other language including the Japanese original. :/
That's to differentiate the ST tower from the Wind Waker tower and also to differentiate the deities after which it is named, I suspect. Plus, the Tower of the Gods was named for Din, Farore and Naryu, the supreme goddesses of Hyrule. The Spirit Tower is for lesser local deities, which while possibly obvious in context in Japanese (the word for the two are the same), it needs to be explicitly stated in English. The same team that translated Wind Waker did Spirit Tracks, so relax. They know what they're doing and are overseen by members of the dev team.

Translations into other European languages are done largely by NoE and the quality of the translation has historically varied.

Someone ought to do an official thread already. I can't because a) I can't write for crap and b) I don't want any more goddamned possible spoilers.

Top Bottom