• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath Of The Wild has sold over 20 million units worldwide

Mozza

I know brah I'd fix that fucking toy company in a week.
First thing I'd do is fire Sakurai and trash all the tard chars and then I'd make a Switch 2 that's actually good because it has proper AMD power in it none of that mobile phone hardware bullshit.
I'm just too based ;)

Sounds good to me, and as long as you keep tagging the "It's just my opinion" to each post, we all know not to take it or you too seriously. ;)

CrysisFreak

Banned
Sounds good to me, and as long as you keep tagging the "It's just my opinion" to each post, we all know not to take it or you too seriously. ;)
Yikes, that's a lot to unpack, so instead of defending your low poly apple collector game you just want to ignore me.
OK sweetie :)

Mozza

Yikes, that's a lot to unpack, so instead of defending your low poly apple collector game you just want to ignore me.
OK sweetie :)

You will find that replying to you is the very opposite of ignoring you, at least I think it is. ;)

I do not need to defend Animal crossing, the game has sold well and is enjoyed by millions, if you want to come up with something better than just a comment designed to wind people up, then I am all ears.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
You will find that replying to you is the very opposite of ignoring you, at least I think it is. ;)

I do not need to defend Animal crossing, the game has sold well and is enjoyed by millions, if you want to come up with something better than just a comment designed to wind people up, then I am all ears.

Feeding trolls is rarely worth the effort. The just puke on your shoes.

CrysisFreak

Banned

Candy Crush is enjoyed by millions. Doesn't mean it's good.

PSFan

The devs themselves said so, with full devs conference just talking about it. They even made a BOTW demo using first TLOZ style.

The devs are full of crap. I think they only said that because they knew so many Nintendo fans would just agree with them. I've played completely through BOTW and it is nothing like the first Zelda game.

MagnesG

Banned
The devs are full of crap. I think they only said that because they knew so many Nintendo fans would just agree with them. I've played completely through BOTW and it is nothing like the first Zelda game.
Sure. Your feelings matters the most.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

While I'd not go as far as to say full of crap, devs will certainly tend to say what they think will get a sale (or rather they'll say what management has told them to say to get a sale). Nothing new or surprising in that. I've not played a huge amount of SNES Zelda so it's hard for me to comment on the similarities between the games so I'll leave others more qualified to comment on that.

MagnesG

Banned
While I'd not go as far as to say full of crap, devs will certainly tend to say what they think will get a sale (or rather they'll say what management has told them to say to get a sale). Nothing new or surprising in that. I've not played a huge amount of SNES Zelda so it's hard for me to comment on the similarities between the games so I'll leave others more qualified to comment on that.

They made a protoype of most of BOTW game designs in SNES style, basically perfecting the core balance of the full system first in 2D, before translating it into 3D. It's not about path similarities and all that, it's truly inspired in the terms of how SNES Zelda leaves the players to experiment and adventure out. THEY EXPLAIN EVERYTHING IN THE GDC CONFERENCE.

But sure, crap it is. Some people do spew some truly brainless statements time to time. Gamers I guess.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

They made a protoype of most of BOTW game designs in SNES style, basically perfecting the core balance of the full system first in 2D, before translating it into 3D. It's not about path similarities and all that, it's truly inspired in the terms of how SNES Zelda leaves the players to experiment and adventure out. THEY EXPLAIN EVERYTHING IN THE GDC CONFERENCE.

But sure, crap it is. Some people do spew some truly brainless statements time to time. Gamers I guess.

I'll have to give that a watch later - had a look at a quick snippet and it looks like something I'd enjoy watching.

BlackTron

Guys...

The notion that Nintendo games are just bad and have no redeeming value is simply false. There are aspects of game design that Nintendo still schools the competition on.

That being said, the idea that BOTW is so great is also false. I agree that the game is overrated. In fact, listing off all the accolades of the game, just reinforces the reason I think it's overrated. If it wasn't rated so damn highly, I wouldn't think it was overrated, now would I??

It's still a great, fresh, fun, interesting title. It also has enormous flaws that hold it back from true greatness. While being an amazing video game that I want to own, in my opinion it fails the mantle of Legend of Zelda.

I'm an enduring Nintendo fan. I've owned every damn system they've ever done, even Virtual Boy. By this cred I can say that Nintendo can treat its fans like garbage, shamelessly. They have disappointed me more than any other company, because from them I expected the most. At the same time, when they do something legitimately good I'll still give credit where it's due. It's not like we can just choose a binary answer like yes/no or good/bad and stick with it forever. They do really great stuff and also pull the lamest nonsense. It deserves more nuanced discussion and attention than this "you're either with me or against me" crap.

Their accomplishments and contributions to gaming are too massive to simply write them off as bad. Nintendo has very high highs and low lows. For anyone with a legitimate interest in great video games you can not ignore them. It is silly to suggest that the games only warrent time played for free on an emulator. So they are worth your time but not your money? Is that how little your time is worth? That you will spend it playing a game you would never find it worth to buy? Great job insulting your own value. The money spent on the game should be a drop in the bucket compared to the time you will spend to play it.

Top Bottom