• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath Of The Wild has sold over 20 million units worldwide

Great stuff absolutely love the Zelda series from the start... this was an epic game for me with lots of great memory's made

CrysisFreak

Banned
Great word of mouth without price drop indicated that the game was properly rated and a lot of people are willing to pay a full price to play the game even 3 years after the released.

If the high rated game with dirt cheap permenant price drop and was given away for free after a few months of release date to inflate the sales number for PR(TLOU, UC4, and etc) then it's certainly an overrated game.
Sales != Quality
Animal Crossing sells well, it's trash. Fifa sells well, it's trash. A lot of game sell well despite being trash.
Reasons why BOTW is trash:
-Godawful combat, flurry rush is spastic, janky and unsatisfying compared to other perfect dodge mechanics, same goes for parrying, no animation cancelling, shit animations in the first place, shit enemy variety, framedrops during explosions (aka often), meme stealth mechanics, breaking weapons become annoying real quick
-Pathetic production values that are in no relation to how much money is made with the game, voice acting 404 not found 99% of the time, 2003 called lmao
-What story?
-See that aliasing? It disappears if you get closer
-Even the fastest camera speed is 3 times slower than it should be.

Honestly it seems to me that CrysisFreak CrysisFreak is just cheap, using emulation as an excuse for piracy. I've run the emulators on good hardware and honestly it's just not as good. The picture quality might be marginally better but you get so many glitches and stutters it's just not worth it, plus you lose out on the convenience of being able to play on the go or on the TV on the Switch at the drop of a hat (which beats a boiling gaming laptop). For me, the frame rate is perfectly decent and it looks lovely on my big TV, honestly 4k is horseshit at this juncture - a huge bump in required GPU spec for not much difference which will likely hobble the graphical capabilities of the next gen making the games look WORSE than the previous gen.

The other thing to consider is that we don't tend to value that which we acquire free of charge - people who pirate tend to get a game, not really try that hard if it doesn't grab them in 3 seconds and move on.
Congrats you played yourself, I have both BOTW and the season pass on my Switch right now.
It gets curbstomped by the CEMU version with CemuHook at up to 240fps so hard it's not even funny. With a legit rig it is mindblowing what you can do with it.
You can 100% it on my rig with motion controls without any bug if you want.

MagnesG

Banned
Sales != Quality
Animal Crossing sells well, it's trash. Fifa sells well, it's trash. A lot of game sell well despite being trash.
-Godawful combat, flurry rush is spastic, janky and unsatisfying compared to other perfect dodge mechanics, same goes for parrying, no animation cancelling, shit animations in the first place, shit enemy variety, framedrops during explosions (aka often), meme stealth mechanics, breaking weapons become annoying real quick
-Pathetic production values that are in no relation to how much money is made with the game, voice acting 404 not found 99% of the time, 2003 called lmao
-What story?

Congrats you played yourself, I have both BOTW and the season pass on my Switch right now.
It gets curbstomped by the CEMU version with CemuHook at up to 240fps so hard it's not even funny. With a legit rig it is mindblowing what you can do with it.
You bought trash and suddenly pirating it on PC it becomes better than turds?
Honestly the fact that you're so proud of doing it is fascinating. My rig. Yeah.

And your complaints are all over the place, it's hard to take it seriously rather than you being triggered. Your 10/10 game must have been godly fun I guess.

CrysisFreak

Banned
You bought trash and suddenly pirating it on PC it becomes better than turds?
Honestly the fact that you're so proud of doing it is fascinating. My rig. Yeah.

And your complaints are all over the place, it's hard to take it seriously rather than you being triggered. Your 10/10 game must have been godly fun I guess.
What do you mean my complaints are all over the place?
I listed the things that were shit (there's more like the copy and pasted shrines) and that's it.
I paid 80€ for that shit I get to complain.
Feel free to refute any of the points I made.

MagnesG

Banned
What do you mean my complaints are all over the place?
I listed the things that were shit (there's more like the copy and pasted shrines) and that's it.
I paid 80€ for that shit I get to complain.
Feel free to refute any of the points I made.
You could always return the game and the console for quite a nice price. Also I didn't have any problems with your complaints overall, it's your opinion and I just don't care that much.

Though if you really thought listing up those things without the good balance of game designs processes and purposes (production values? Voice acting? Story? Aliasing?) then I don't have time to entertain your thoughts really.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Sales != Quality
-What story?

You seem to focus on odd things which don't actually matter and some odd subjective views which you present as absolute sole truth.
- The combat is absolutely fine - I certainly haven't felt it to be un-fun.
- Not sure where your problem with lack of enemy variety comes from - it seems about right to me - too many and you can't learn how specific enemies work and how to battle them, too few and it becomes boring, for me they're fine.
- Your complaints about animation - honestly nothing I've particularly noticed and honestly not that important. The animation seems absolutely fine to me, wandering around killing stuff I've seen nothing that bothers me. Your complaints here seem like you're desperately fishing for something to complain about.
- You don't like the production values.. the thing is I do. Games on the Switch tend to be smaller in file size than the ridiculous bloated messes typical of the industry these days. This leads to a certain trimming of the fat. The voice acting is used when it's needed. I sense you've not played many JRPGs as it seems to be standard to voice the bits that need it. The thing is that it helps to stop the game becoming a movie. Cut-scene story bits don't outstay their welcome. For some modern PC games you go for 15 minutes barely touching the damn controller with all the cutscenes. Nintendo know people want games, not movies, and they play to that.
- I take it you missed the story about Ganon being a dick and needing to help Zelda deal with him, with a bit of help from some dead people?
- And we finish up with graphics stuff.

It sounds to me like you'd be happier playing TLOU2 or something like that, where it's all production value and well, not much else. I'd rather have the game thanks. And MagnesG MagnesG is right to point out the absurdity that you complain about the game being trash and then boast about how awesome it is on your rig. Honestly your post reads like the kind of person who thinks the latest Marvel movie is fucking amazing because it has incredible special effects but thinks that Rear Window by Hitchcock is trash because it doesn't feature enough explosions. We're clearly after different things, but it seems to me that your dismissal of BOTW is nothing to do with its quality and everything to do with your PC snobbery (I have a ridiculous gaming rig too + VR and all that jazz - it's cool, but I don't feel the need to be a dick about it).

A funny thing. You don't see Nintendo people going into xbox/PS/PC threads to troll, and yet the amount of trolling on these forums from the console warriors is extraordinary, and we get these 'look at me I can use an emulator' posts from the PC brigade once in a while (you could literally copy-paste them) - it seems to me that people are incredibly insecure about their choices and feel the need to belittle others to make themselves feel better. I guess if it makes you happy, knock yourself out, but perhaps you could take a leaf out of the book of the Nintendo people by being chill, enjoying what you have and not being so concerned at what others have - leave them to have fun their way and maybe even join them some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kev Kev

fantastic game. became my #1 goat and im not a crazy big fan of the series. i loved ocarina and wind waker, played a couple of the others but thats it. i was just absolutely blown away and taken by surprise with BOTW. 10/10 best game of all time for me hands down no contest.

CrysisFreak

Banned
You seem to focus on odd things which don't actually matter and some odd subjective views which you present as absolute sole truth.
- The combat is absolutely fine - I certainly haven't felt it to be un-fun.
- Not sure where your problem with lack of enemy variety comes from - it seems about right to me - too many and you can't learn how specific enemies work and how to battle them, too few and it becomes boring, for me they're fine.
- Your complaints about animation - honestly nothing I've particularly noticed and honestly not that important. The animation seems absolutely fine to me, wandering around killing stuff I've seen nothing that bothers me. Your complaints here seem like you're desperately fishing for something to complain about.
- You don't like the production values.. the thing is I do. Games on the Switch tend to be smaller in file size than the ridiculous bloated messes typical of the industry these days. This leads to a certain trimming of the fat. The voice acting is used when it's needed. I sense you've not played many JRPGs as it seems to be standard to voice the bits that need it. The thing is that it helps to stop the game becoming a movie. Cut-scene story bits don't outstay their welcome. For some modern PC games you go for 15 minutes barely touching the damn controller with all the cutscenes. Nintendo know people want games, not movies, and they play to that.
- I take it you missed the story about Ganon being a dick and needing to help Zelda deal with him, with a bit of help from some dead people?
- And we finish up with graphics stuff.

It sounds to me like you'd be happier playing TLOU2 or something like that, where it's all production value and well, not much else. I'd rather have the game thanks. And MagnesG MagnesG is right to point out the absurdity that you complain about the game being trash and then boast about how awesome it is on your rig. Honestly your post reads like the kind of person who thinks the latest Marvel movie is fucking amazing because it has incredible special effects but thinks that Rear Window by Hitchcock is trash because it doesn't feature enough explosions. We're clearly after different things, but it seems to me that your dismissal of BOTW is nothing to do with its quality and everything to do with your PC snobbery (I have a ridiculous gaming rig too + VR and all that jazz - it's cool, but I don't feel the need to be a dick about it).

A funny thing. You don't see Nintendo people going into xbox/PS/PC threads to troll, and yet the amount of trolling on these forums from the console warriors is extraordinary, and we get these 'look at me I can use an emulator' posts from the PC brigade once in a while (you could literally copy-paste them) - it seems to me that people are incredibly insecure about their choices and feel the need to belittle others to make themselves feel better. I guess if it makes you happy, knock yourself out, but perhaps you could take a leaf out of the book of the Nintendo people by being chill, enjoying what you have and not being so concerned at what others have - leave them to have fun their way and maybe even join them some time.
I'm not trolling I voiced my opinion as a paying customer and I don't need to legitimise that.
If you think the combat is fine that's on you lmao.
I compare the combat to actually good systems like Sekiro, DMC, Bayonetta, Tsushima, etc.
But OK if you like it.
You think the production values are fine because of the file size? LMAO!
I never give any game bonus points for being on a platform or not.
And yes the animations are objectively shit, not subjectively. They are ultra primitive, a very simple rig and they're not very impressive.
I didn't miss the story, there's not much of it and many people criticise that.

Truth is you feel triggered because I insulted you "masterpiece" and you fucking DARE, you have the fucking AUDACITY, to tell me to stfu and go play something else? What?

And no I don't like Marvel movies, seethe more.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not trolling I voiced my opinion as a paying customer and I don't need to legitimise that.
I compare the combat to actually good systems like Sekiro, DMC, Bayonetta, Tsushima, etc.
But OK if you like it.
And yes the animations are objectively shit, not subjectively. They are ultra primitive, a very simple rig and they're not very impressive.

Truth is you feel triggered because I insulted you "masterpiece" and you fucking DARE, you have the fucking AUDACITY, to tell me to stfu and go play something else? What?

Way to misrepresent and mislead. Not because of file sizes you dumb ignorant sack of shit, because it stops the game becoming an interactive movie. The points you expressed show that you would rate a game like TLOU2 highly because of 'production values' instead of a game that has gameplay. Nintendo games have those oldschool values of gameplay over graphics, not having to download a 50GB patch every god damn day, and spending your time playing a game instead of watching a movie.

And where the fuck did I tell you to play something else? I pointed out that the game isn't for you as you are looking for other things and instead of trolling threads for things you don't like you might want to just enjoy the things you do like. Why spend your time shitting on things because other people dare to like them? I'm far from triggered by anyone insulting a game - you're welcome to not like a game, lots of us like things that other people don't like, but your attitude in this thread, the way you conduct yourself and your shallow entitled attitude are frankly fucking retarded.

I'm done with you, you're clearly incapable of engaging in good faith and are just here to console war. Good luck with that.

MagnesG

Banned
But OK if you like it.

Are the game fun to you at the end?
It's not like we don't know the game have flaws, it just that despite all those critical things the game is still fun. I myself wouldn't rate it a 10 (more like a 9) but it certainly give me a 10/10 feeling at some point.

As for combat, did you managed to finish the sword trials? For the highest of game mechanics standards you could at least rate it as "fine" just for the sake of it existing. Most people are already enamored with the exploration anyway and those certainly don't hinder the exploration.

Combat can be fast and efficient, that's how I like the most.

Edit: Sword trials

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
Sales != Quality
-What story?

Fact
-Zelda BOTW is the highest rated game in this Gen with the highest perfect scores on Metacritic.
-Zelda BOTW won the game of the decade on Metacritic
-Zelda BOTW sold over 20 million units without an official or permenant price drop , no official bundle and mostly sold at a full $60 price point.
-Great words of mouth without price drop = evergreen monster.
-Didn't need to give away for free or bundled with the game system in order to move the software number like most of Sony and Microsoft 1st party games in order to inflate the number for PR purpose despite pitiful profit margin of the 1st party software sales.

CitizenX

Banned
Fact
-Zelda BOTW is the highest rated game in this Gen with the highest perfect scores on Metacritic.
-Zelda BOTW sold over 20 million units without an official or permenant price drop , no official bundle and mostly sold at a full $60 price point.
-Didn't need to give away for free or bundled with the game system in order to move the software number like most of Sony and Microsoft 1st party games in order to inflate the number for PR purpose despite pitiful profit margin of the 1st party software sales.

Thats all great for Nintendo and Zelda fans but its not even in the discussion.

MagnesG

Banned
Annnnd they are leaving 10 - 20 million more by not releasing on all platforms. Heck just go PC and they get 10
No factual data to support that notion.
Nintendo games are not worthy to be bought, only pirated - typical masterrace PC gamers.

"Low production values"
"Overpriced"
"Kiddy graphics"

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
Annnnd they are leaving 10 - 20 million more by not releasing on all platforms. Heck just go PC and they get 10
Unlike Sony and Microsoft that depend mostly on MTX/Online/Pass/DLC as the main source of business income, Nintendo core business depend on 1st party software sales and Hardware sales by releasing 1st party softwares to another systems it devalues their system greatly as Nintendo made more profits on per hardware sales than Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo also made 100% profit from their software sales on their platforms and don't want to sacrifice platform cut on Steam, Epic, and etc.

Nintendo made more profits than Sony gaming division and Microsoft XBOX division combined in the last FY earning. In this FY Q1 Nintendo record the highest ever profit for game companies thanks to that business strategy.

carlosrox

Banned
Oh great, an annoying, insufferable PC elitist dickhead has come out to play.

Everything he posted in here has been fuckin' retarded, except for the fact FIFA sucks. That's one thing we can agree on.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Never understood gaf’s hateboner for nintendo...

that said, well deserved. While not my favorite (that goes to major as mask followed behind by OoT) BotW is still in my top ten and argubly one of my favorite games this gen.

I need to work through the back catalog some time - only got my Switch in May if I recall, never had a Nintendo of any flavour until then, so I've got a lot of catching up to do. Enjoying the original on SNES on the Switch (b-b-but the shitty production values and awful graphics...) though so I reckon I've got some fun ahead of me.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse

Ehhh, it would be short term gain for long term pain. Much of the draw for Nintendo and their platforms is their exclusives, it's having those big titles that you can't get anywhere else but on a Nintendo system. As a result they benefit from secondary revenue streams springing from hardware, accessories and 3rd party licencing. If they lose that exclusivity they sell a few more software units but lose out on multiple other revenue streams which I doubt would be worth the trade.

Thats all great for Nintendo and Zelda fans but its not even in the discussion.

I'm not sure how not. His points 3-5 are particularily relevant in the context of the topic. The game didn't just sell 20 million, it sold 20 million without bundling and at full price. The vast majority of big sellers achieve their numbers via deep discounting and bundles but this title pulled these numbers while selling as a standalone at full rrp. That's what makes the sales all the crazier.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Unlike Sony and Microsoft that depend mostly on MTX/Online/Pass/DLC as the main source of business income, Nintendo core business depend on 1st party software sales and Hardware sales by releasing 1st party softwares to another systems it devalues their system greatly as Nintendo made more profits on per hardware sales than Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo also made 100% profit from their software sales on their platforms and don't want to sacrifice platform cut on Steam, Epic, and etc.

Nintendo made more profits than Sony gaming division and Microsoft XBOX division combined in the last FY earning. In this FY Q1 Nintendo record the highest ever profit for game companies thanks to that business strategy.

It's not even just about immediate profits, it's about sustainability. The model they are going for is about sustainability, it doesn't bleed the gamer for every last penny, and the games don't lose quality by catering to microtransactions (and that quality allows them to retain the high price). The other thing is that by never discounting they get a reputation for never discounting so people don't expect discounts. In the PC world you know that the game you want will be £10 within a few months so those of us who know what we're doing will wait and buy when it's cheap. This has led to a race to the bottom of course, especially in the indie scene. By having sensible pricing Nintendo avoid getting caught up in a race for price.

LordOfChaos

1.6 million seems low but most hardcore Nintendo fans really wanted to leave the Wii U behind and play BotW on the Switch day one , they wanted the new hotness, casual players only saw Nintendo advertise BotW as a Switch game lol, they never had any idea another version existed or would have cared.

For comparison, Skyward Sword only sold 3.5 million on the 100million+ Wii userbase

I guess it makes sense why it didn't see that much improvement compared to the Switch version with such a fraction of the sales (framerates had similar drops on launch, but the patch levels improved the Switch far more). Still mildly annoyed though that THE game that was supposed to be its saving grace was detuned on the Wii U (Gamepad features were removed to make them even), it's last build date on its Wii U launch was even months previous to the Switch's and BoTW's launch.

"Look at all these gamepad features! It's definitely launching next year. Horses won't run into trees" lol. Not complaining too much since I did play all of it on Wii U and enjoyed it. Would have been nice if BoTW 2 starting as DLC 3 had something to give back to the Wii U as another DLC.

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
Fact
My god nintendo fanboys are so cringe.
Do I look like I give a single flying fuck about how many side characters bought a game that I myself have played extensively and therefore have an opinion on whether it's successful or not?
I already mentioned sales != quality and you give me this shitstain of a post? What?
What do you want to tell me? That all the stuff I don't like about the game is not legit because people bought it?
Stop trying to convince me that it's a masterpiece when it's not. If you think it is then good luck.
jfc
No need to bring up Microsoft or Sony or any other company that tries to deliver great products that don't need to envy your low poly toys.

thelastword

Banned
BotW on Switch: 18.60 million
BotW on Wii U: 1.67 million
total: 20.27 million

Sold more than Smash Ultimate in Q1 this FY!

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS) as of June 2020 - 18.60m
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) as of December 2014 - 7.60m
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) as of December 2014 - 7.26m
The Legend of Zelda (NES) as of December 2014 - 6.51m
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) as of December 2018 - 6.02m
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS) as of December 2014 - 4.76m
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) as of December 2014 - 4.61
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC) as of March 2014 - 4.43m
The Legend of Zelda: Adventure of Link (NES) as of December 2014 - 4.38m
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (NS) as of March 2020 - 4.38m
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) as of December 2018 - 4.07m
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons (GBC) as of December 2014 - 3.99m
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB) as of December 2014 - 3.83m
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) as of December 2014 - 3.67m
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64) as of December 2014 - 3.36m
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS) as of December 2018 - 3.09m
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS) as of December 2014 - 2.96m
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA) as of December 2014 - 2.82m
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (WiiU) as of March 2020 - 2.31m
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (GBC) as of December 2014 - 2.22m
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA) as of December 2014 - 1.76m
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU) as of December 2018 - 1.67m
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC) as of December 2014 - 1.43m
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (3DS) as of December 2018 - 1.33m
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (WiiU) as of December 2018 - 1.12m
Are these the highest selling Zelda's? I thought they sold more than that tbh.

Bodomism

Banned
Do I look like I give a single flying fuck about how many side characters bought a game that I myself have played extensively and therefore have an opinion on whether it's successful or not?
I already mentioned sales != quality and you give me this shitstain of a post? What?
What do you want to tell me? That all the stuff I don't like about the game is not legit because people bought it?
Stop trying to convince me that it's a masterpiece when it's not. If you think it is then good luck.
jfc
No need to bring up Microsoft or Sony or any other company that tries to deliver great products that don't need to envy your low poly toys.
You did, many times too.

CitizenX

Banned
Ehhh, it would be short term gain for long term pain. Much of the draw for Nintendo and their platforms is their exclusives, it's having those big titles that you can't get anywhere else but on a Nintendo system. As a result they benefit from secondary revenue streams springing from hardware, accessories and 3rd party licencing. If they lose that exclusivity they sell a few more software units but lose out on multiple other revenue streams which I doubt would be worth the trade.

I'm not sure how not. His points 3-5 are particularily relevant in the context of the topic. The game didn't just sell 20 million, it sold 20 million without bundling and at full price. The vast majority of big sellers achieve their numbers via deep discounting and bundles but this title pulled these numbers while selling as a standalone at full rrp. That's what makes the sales all the crazier.

I could put butter on a box, call it the next Zelda title and it would sell 10-20 million. Their numbers are pretty predictable.

Good game but not even the best Zelda title imo. There's at least 3-4 better ones and its still a solid game but not the GOAT everyone seems to think it is.

Astral Dog

Good game but not even the best Zelda title imo. There's at least 3-4 better ones and its still a solid game but not the GOAT everyone seems to think it is.
Depends on what you like about the series.

It has some obvious flaws (weak story, VA, final boss/ending, combat should be improved as main dungeons) but, its the most i enjoyed a Zelda game since Wind Waker on the Game Cube, its that games Hyrule available for us to explore, towns are awesome, full of charming NPCs finding shrines is addictive, physic systems work well, little linearity, its one of the best open world games ever

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
I could put butter on a box, call it the next Zelda title and it would sell 10-20 million. Their numbers are pretty predictable.

That argument doesn't really hold up when sales figures for other Zelda titles are in the OP and none of them come close to BOTW. Even if looked at in the microcosm of the Zelda series Breath of the Wild's sales are exceptional.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
jfc

Yes, from the first post you made in this thread you very clearly give a shit and are for some reason triggered by the success (critical, commercial and public reception) of the game.

Look, he's presenting objective facts that point to the success of the game in these aspects, highlighting critical acclaim, audience approval and positive consensus as demonstrated by overall sales figures and lengevity of market life, plus critical approval all of which support his arguments. You on the otherhand are shouting names, stamping your feet and declaring everything but your own view to be irrelevant.

You don't like the game, that's okay, but there's no need for the namecalling, trolling and hissy fits. There's no need to be upset.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned

Then proceeds to post this:

jfc

Haha.

Zero self-awareness.

Saruhashi

Banned
Sales != Quality
-What story?

No.

Animal Crossing and FIFA sell well because they have a specific audience that loves those kinds of games.
There isn't really an objective method for judging them as trash since they are really games with a specific gameplay focus rather than, say, something that tries to focus itself on stories and graphics etc.

They aren't trash. They just aren't for you.
You just aren't smart enough to realize that your taste isn't the only taste in games.

With Breath of the Wild I'm more inclined to feel that people who think it's trash maybe just don't like videogames.
You're name dropping Sekiro, DMC, Bayonetta and Ghost of Tsushima later on but these games are by no means perfect themselves.

Some folks are just perpetually angry it seems and no game could ever satisfy them because they want to fly off the handle at every little thing.

I think botw is a great game but it's no where near my favorite( I think open world games are over rated, it is my favorite open world game though). Is anybody else ticked off about botw replacing traditional Zelda experiences though? I'm glad the game exists but I hate that botw seems to come at the cost of things like skyward sword, oot, and mm.

Rikoi

There is no indication that this would be healthy for Nintendo.
Zelda is a system seller, remove that exclusive and the Switch would be heavily damaged.
Also pc = higher chance of pirated copies, and Nintendo hates that.
Zelda for being so famous it sells pretty shity.
You must be kidding. 20 millions copies at FULL price is shitty? No way your post is serious.
It will keep selling for years to come as long as Switch is the main Nintendo console.

Last edited:

CitizenX

Banned
There is no indication that this would be healthy for Nintendo.
Zelda is a system seller, remove that exclusive and the Switch would be heavily damaged.
Also pc = higher chance of pirated copies, and Nintendo hates that.

You must be kidding. 20 millions copies at FULL price is shitty? No way your post is serious.

Their fanbase is solid no matter what they do they will survive but this is different time, getting that $$$$ is what counts. If they want to test the waters they should release Mario + Rabbids kingdom battle i know that would sell like fire on Steam/ Epic.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
I think botw is a great game but it's no where near my favorite( I think open world games are over rated, it is my favorite open world game though). Is anybody else ticked off about botw replacing traditional Zelda experiences though? I'm glad the game exists but I hate that botw seems to come at the cost of things like skyward sword, oot, and mm.

My favorite is still ALTTP which is technically the traditional experience, but the series changes. I missed the 2d overhead style after OoT came in and was such a big hit but that's not to say the new style wasn't enjoyable. I loved the hell out of Wind Waker which was considered subversive compared to OoT and then we got a shift back to the 3d "normal" with Twilight Princess which despite going back to what the fans said they wanted wasn't so popular.

The series changes and is constantly trying to find new angles and styles. When one hits the mark it sticks for a while and then it changes again, but we usually get a bit of the old thrown our way inbetween.

Last edited:

Rikoi

Their fanbase is solid no matter what they do they will survive but this is different time, getting that $$$$ is what counts. If they want to test the waters they should release Mario + Rabbids kingdom battle i know that would sell like fire on Steam/ Epic.
You guys should ask Sony to do the same with TLOU, GOW, Uncharted. Ask Sony why they would never do that.

Bridges

Well deserved. An experience like no other and probably one of the best launch games ever. I can't imagine it'd have ever seen this success had it stayed a Wii U exclusive.

Top Bottom