• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V Trailers "MICHAEL. FRANKLIN. TREVOR."

MMaRsu

Banned
actual_1364387787.jpg

Minigun..sweeeeeeet

Minigun pic is old.

Heist pics, my god.

Damn I wish I borught my laptop to work today.. want to digest all of these screens and have to do it stealth like.

Marleyman

Banned
I have never wanted a game more than this in my life. I need to reserve ultimate collectors limited whatever edition..take my money and time, Rockstar!

slider

Man, the... the... the everything! The atmosphere of VC and SA was so fantastic and I expect this to be the same. Can't wait.

Bahama Mamas West gives me a very VC feel; and that's not a criticism.

RoKKeR

Hot damn, these screens look nice. Art direction and all that jazz.

I can't help but think I should wait for the inevitable next gen version.

HiiiLife

Man I've been busy with work and the gym. It feels like I haven't been in Gaming Discussion in ages. I cannot wait for GTA5. The hype.

UrbanRats

Is there another thread for these previews or..?

Anyway, screens look great, but the IQ is borderline abysmal, these consoles must be about to implode.

I think i judged this too harshly upon first watch, and watching it again it doesn't feel nearly as janky as I originally perceived. That said, the animations still leave a lot to be desired, especially after playing Sleeping Dogs. And I still stand by what I said about it before- it looks a lot like the GTA IV engine, only mildly improved. For the wait time I was hoping for a larger jump.. and since we are so close to next gen it kills me it wasn't built for new hardware.

Still, Im excited. I really really want to see the ganmeplay.

Con_Smith

Banned
These pics are doing a great job fixing my mood after a shitty trip to the Sprint store. I just need the embargo to be over so I can be happy again.

GlamFM

Banned
I think i judged this too harshly upon first watch, and watching it again it doesn't feel nearly as janky as I originally perceived. That said, the animations still leave a lot to be desired, especially after playing Sleeping Dogs. And I still stand by what I said about it before- it looks a lot like the GTA IV engine, only mildly improved. For the wait time I was hoping for a larger jump.. and since we are so close to next gen it kills me it wasn't built for new hardware.

That´s probably because it is the GTA IV engine, only mildly improved.

sunnz

What you might not see in graphics ( I can, a lot more colourful, bright and and a better tone to the game) you can tell already that what you will see is a A HELL of A LOT more content, a much bigger and improved map that is varied and a more interesting and enjoyable story. From being able to use submarines to go underwater ( or swim) to having fighter jets and possibly gigantic planes.

Plus things like wildlife ( is said to be in) and a more improved online experience It will be worth the wait.

UrbanRats

Previews aren´t out yet.

Don´t make an early thread....
I wasn't planning to, just wanted to know what thread i had to follow to get the news.
Don't want to get Juniored. :p

Sleeping Dogs' animations are good, but not in the R* or Ubisoft ballpark, frankly.
Not that i fault them for it, they don't have nearly the resources, but i think Max Payne 3 is probably the best animations i have ever seen in a game and Red Dead Redemption comes close.
I'm sure they won't act stingy with GTAV, either.

iUMRxsyxcwkFn.gif

The jpg compression is horrible in those screens but even still, the aliasing is extremely obvious. I'll have to rewatch the trailers. There were IQ issues but they didn't seem as apparent.

Top Bottom