• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miitomo |OT| A new way of COMMUnication

Dicer

Banned
& goodbye to miifotos. Was fun while it lasted.

Ce6WicjWIAAvWFv.jpg:large

I sadly still remember when they discontinued Swapnotes cause some people "abused" it.

Perhaps Nintendo is letting it's fan base grow up? 😝

DNAbro

I maaaaaay have spent money to get more drops so i could get that flower hat for that Flowey picture. This is what they were planning wasn't it?

mark-san

Banned
I got the app on my Android phone (Droid Turbo), but it won't open (black screen, then closes) :(

Guess i'll have to wait for an update...

Edit: Hmm, seems it's related to root. Rootcloak might work, i'll keep you guys updated.

Edit2: Beaten! Will still update about a possible fix.

kogasu

"Nintendo has learned that some users, have been abusing the Miifoto feature of the Miitomo Smart Device app. Nintendo has been investigating ways of preventing this and determined it is best to stop the Miitomo Smart Device app entirely because it has been actively misused. We are very sorry for any inconvenience to the many consumers who have been using this service responsibly. Thank you for your understanding."

Moaradin

Anyone know why this app doesn't work on my Galaxy S6 edge?

I installed it and it just instantly crashes if I try to boot it up.

Davey Cakes

I think I made an egregious error trying to add everyone on the suggested users list.

It's never going to end. Lol.

I'll answer friend requests only for a bit.

Cbajd5

I got the app on my Android phone (Droid Turbo), but it won't open (black screen, then closes) :(

Guess i'll have to wait for an update...

Anyone know why this app doesn't work on my Galaxy S6 edge?

I installed it and it just instantly crashes if I try to boot it up.

It sounds like the root check is triggering. There's ways around it posted somewhere in this thread and that one where someone was complaining about it. Just search rootcloak or xposed and you should find them.

Moaradin

It sounds like the root check is triggering. There's ways around it posted somewhere in this thread and that one where someone was complaining about it. Just search rootcloak or xposed and you should find them.

I just got this phone like 2 weeks ago. Didn't do anything to it. Not sure why the app isn't working.

Cbajd5

I just got this phone like 2 weeks ago. Didn't do anything to it. Not sure why the app isn't working.
Yeah, I called it a root check but apparently there's a significant amount of people who seem to be randomly getting it. Outside of the root thing there's no clear way of fixing it as far as I know.

Quonny

Open the app, it immediately closes.

Likely thinks my phone is jailbroken, like the Yokai app.

But it isn't.

I guess that's that then.

Tenrius

How do you upgrade your fashion level? I'm seemingly stuck halfway through level 2. Bought/won some clothes and it did nothing.

Kiru

Open the app, it immediately closes.

Likely thinks my phone is jailbroken, like the Yokai app.

But it isn't.

I guess that's that then.
Xcon 41 or tsProtector are your friends.

EDIT: lol forgot you don't actually have jailbreak

Also it runs fine on my iPhone 4 now even though they say it's not supported.

This app is better than the Final Fantasy XV demo, what planet are we on?

Do I have to follow people on twitter to interact with them? Is that how it works?

Top Bottom