• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

zigg

ILikeFeet said:
that's still kinda Nintendo, since Skip only releases games through Nintendo (and Nintendo owns the franchise)

The point (I believe) was the notion of EAD themselves actually putting games on WiiWare, though. I can point to a million Nintendo-published games, but I'm still having a hard recalling if there's been an EAD release on the service.

BowieZ

Banned
FoxHimself said:
Same as in Mario Galaxy 1, but most of the music was placeholder stuff that was lifted from the original.
Cool, thanks for that. To be honest, I kinda hoped there was no fire (or ice) flower theme and it wasn't timed, but rather absorbed into standard play much like NSMBW, with normal BGM. But I guess that's just my partiality showing.

Rafaelcsa

zigg said:
The point (I believe) was the notion of EAD themselves actually putting games on WiiWare, though. I can point to a million Nintendo-published games, but I'm still having a hard recalling if there's been an EAD release on the service.

There's Ecoshooter by Intelligent Systems on Wiiware. Not EAD, but it's an internal team nonetheless.

BowieZ said:
Cool, thanks for that. To be honest, I kinda hoped there was no fire (or ice) flower theme and it wasn't timed, but rather absorbed into standard play much like NSMBW, with normal BGM. But I guess that's just my partiality showing.

Yeah, I was really excited to see fire Mario pictures when the first SMG came out, but ultimately it just wasn't any fun for a number of reasons, the time limit being chief among them. The ice flower was super cool, but again, it was made much less fun due to that stupid time limit.

CaVaYeRo

Well, I haven't been following this thread since the Summit. Just finished my third article on the game (in Spanish), though :lol

My 5 favorite bits after playing it, you ask?

5. Yoshi eating-launching bullets: Bowser Jr's Fearsome Fleet is the best galaxy out of the nine shown, IMO.
4. The new leaves and trees. Loads of leaves, sunlight creating glare between them.
3. NSMB Applause when you complete one of those horribly hard sections. Yeah!
2. Three planetoids. Sooo small that Mario keeps orbiting around (Sky Station)
1. Yoshi trying to eat things behind him. Awesome animation there :D

Aaaand that coin platform in Supermassive, or that part when you enter inside a planet. Or the whole, simple and incredible Flip-Swap Galaxy. Or, or, or...

Socreges

Banned
DeathbyVolcano said:
Eat a bag of dicks! The hub was awesome if only for the incredible music that accompanied it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW7pdX7pDM0

soooo goood
Then transfer the hub music to the new overworld map. Because otherwise it really doesn't matter. SMG's hub was absolutely pointless.

Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World.... now THOSE were some awesome hubs. The one in SMS was pretty good, too. I wish Nintendo would try their hand at something so complex again.

MWCShay

Socreges said:
Then transfer the hub music to the new overworld map. Because otherwise it really doesn't matter. SMG's hub was absolutely pointless.

Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World.... now THOSE were some awesome hubs. The one in SMS was pretty good, too. I wish Nintendo would try their hand at something so complex again.

Super Mario World had a hub?

I think Galaxy 2 should have a hub more like the one in Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. Most of Galaxy's levels are linear, which is exactly what I want, but the hub might be a good opportunity to mix it up by creating a more open-ended and exploration based world. Sunshine's hub had lots of cool areas to explore, and even a handful of Shines to collect.

That said, I still want access to every level of the game to be in the same part of the hub. I don't wanna run through a tedious environment just to get to the part of the game that I'm actually interested in playing. And having all the levels in one spot makes it easier to not forget about levels the way I did in Galaxy 1.

Spike

230653b.jpg

CaVaYeRo

zigg said:
You have no soul.

exactly.

BTW, a friend asked me if they kept the new fur shading (grass, etc) in this demo, but it wasn't there IIRC. Maybe they'll include it at the end? Does anyone remember it from the Summit? I could be wrong...

ILikeFeet

Banned
CaVaYeRo said:
exactly.

BTW, a friend asked me if they kept the new fur shading (grass, etc) in this demo, but it wasn't there IIRC. Maybe they'll include it at the end? Does anyone remember it from the Summit? I could be wrong...

no one really knows. I think that level with the fur grass wasn't in the demos

[Nintex]

ILikeFeet said:
no one really knows. I think that level with the fur grass wasn't in the demos
I think they removed it, it probably didn't make much sense to have both fur shaded grass and animals.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
CaVaYeRo said:
Well, I haven't been following this thread since the Summit. Just finished my third article on the game (in Spanish), though :lol

5. Yoshi eating-launching bullets: Bowser Jr's Fearsome Fleet is the best galaxy out of the nine shown, IMO.
4. The new leaves and trees. Loads of leaves, sunlight creating glare between them.

Aaaand that coin platform in Supermassive, or that part when you enter inside a planet. Or the whole, simple and incredible Flip-Swap Galaxy. Or, or, or...

Awesome info!! I personally love #3....that cracked me up when i first had that happen in NSMB. :lol

BowieZ

Banned
CaVaYeRo said:

:D

savor100

CaVaYeRo said:

That's awesome, thanks for sharing

CaVaYeRo

klier said:
^^ Not Am but M

Someone has to make a gif of Yoshi trying to eat something from behind him!!!

I'm serious, I spent like 2 minutes doing that, with the NoE rep laughing at my side :lol

I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer for that gif! But I want to know if anyone else here experienced that!

Hiltz

I know it may sound crazy, but the moment I saw Yoshi swallow and spit out those bullet bills during the boss battle in the last gameplay trailer, I knew this game had what it takes to be even better than the first one! And then there's the part where you can see Yoshi use his flutter jump move.

I want it all over my face!

BowieZ

Banned
LOL! Cool, thanks guys and I'm glad you like it. I'll take the compliment, 200dogz ;) and SPR there's only so much time a week I can devote to music :p

Mihos

Gold Member
I was a little amped, until I told my kids and they couldn't care less.

I should get them this for Christmas just to piss them off.

I would get it for me, but that sensor bar fell behind the TV about 2 years ago, and I am too lazy to dig it out... much less play a game that makes me flap my arms around.

WillyFive

That Atomic Clock Galaxy music is extremely exciting.

It also has bits and pieces that remind me of Banjo-Kazooie's music. Fantastic.

Gomu Gomu

Mihos said:

I would get it for me, but that sensor bar fell behind the TV about 2 years ago, and I am too lazy to dig it out... much less play a game that makes me flap my arms around.

-------------------------------------->
-Wii Sport Resort Official Thread->
-------------------------------------->

[Nintex]

Mihos said:

You're not even worth the haters gonna hate gif, now go to your room and think about that.

[Nintex]

Wrath2X said:
Too bad there never was a third game :(
There was and if you ignore some of the bad pacing early on and continue playing for at least 1.5/2 hours a magical world will be open to you and you can see true innovation in gaming.

Door2Dawn

Banned
[Nintex] said:
There was and if you ignore some of the bad pacing early on and continue playing for at least 1.5/2 hours a magical world will be open to you and you can see true innovation in gaming.
nah, it's pretty terrible

.la1n

CaVaYeRo said:

haha loving #5 and #1. So it safe to assume Yoshi will be in the majority of the levels in Galaxy 2?

BowieZ said:
LOL! Cool, thanks guys and I'm glad you like it. I'll take the compliment, 200dogz ;) and SPR there's only so much time a week I can devote to music :p

Love also this one, has a very epic feeling:
Koopaling Castle

Im hearing them on youtube, but no repeat button is killing me (Im working in phostoshop so I have to stop and put play again), could you do a pack of your songs for download?
In other words, you are very talented ;)

EDIT: Just saw the Jacob's nemesis theme... you sir are a good man for being a fan of Giacchinno and awesome for doing this piece.

This game looks amazing, it'll be the only thing to drag me away from SSF4. :D

It has me replaying Galaxy right now, after not playing it for a year I forgot just how amazing it is. So much polish.

There better be another 2nd quest in this one, playing as Luigi was great. I actually died a lot less as him though.

Top Bottom