• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

Daemul

Primarina, Azumaril, and Tapu Fini all do different things really.

Primarina is bulky special offense with excellent coverage, Azumaril is strong as fuck phys attacker, and Tapu Fini is bulky defense.

I think Primarina can do well with its stats and movepool

Yep, the OU tier has multiple Pokemon of the same typing, there's more than enough room for the Water/Fairy trio to coexist together (we need to clear away some trash first though, RIP Talonflame, I'll miss you buddy), especially since they each have different roles.

Azumarill was one of my most used Pokemon in Battlespot singles last Gen but as a physical attacker we ended up running into some problems, I'm looking forward to trying out her sisters this Gen and creating teams around all three of them to deal with different situations.

Water/Fairy = best typing!

Welp, they killed Heatran

RIP

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
On the positive side outside of new pokes and maybe breeding some new moves you can do all your ev training stuff for most of the mons in Gen 6 easy and port over. Pokémon bank is a nice thing lol

So without hordes and super training.. is the best method in this game going to be chaining wild Pokémon since they have the ability to call for reinforcements?

Why is it so hard for Gamefreak to unify criteria lol?

Do they get features returning from previous gens out of a hat?

Can't say I cared about super training tho. But hordes being gone sucks.
They count certain features, like Secret Bases, as that region's exclusive.
It sucks ass no matter what they say though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Not that it really makes much sense, but Join Avenue in B2/W2 worked the same way (and it's basically identical here). It's just a weird daily quirk that they want to keep, like the trainers in secret bases from OR/AS.

in JA you could do any service without daily limit as long as you have cash

Izayoi

Banned
Ya'll are acting like the sky is falling when you can just use the Bank to transfer out to ORAS for leveling/EV training for most every 'mon that will be viable competitively.

It will be slower at first, but Pokepelago sounds like a step FORWARD to me.

DNAbro

Ya'll are acting like the sky is falling when you can just use the Bank to transfer out to ORAS for leveling/EV training for most every 'mon that will be viable competitively.

Aren't only pokemon caught in Gen VII going to be allowed in official competitions?

No Hordes
No Super Training

lol WTF. Fucking Game Freak continues to be one of the stupidest developers in the world.

No. No! Noooo!!!!

Fucking hell. Super training was one of the reasons I was able to get into competitive play. How the fuck? Fuck man.. now I have to learn unnecessary shit to EV train my Pokémon.

Kyzer

Banned
No. No! Noooo!!!!

Fucking hell. Super training was one of the reasons I was able to get into competitive play. How the fuck? Fuck man.. now I have to learn unnecessary shit to EV train my Pokémon.

Yeah I'm so confused at how out of touch GF is.

Wait how did it work before?
Yeah, that's what I'm confused on. I thought that was exactly how it worked in Gen VI and that Speed was the sole exception, with turn order being decided on the Pokemon's Speed before Mega Evolution. Everything else was accounted for on the same turn though, right? That's how I thought it worked.

Daemul

These nonsensical and shallow ass movepools that Gen 7 Pokemon get are pissing me off more and more, Lycanroc doesn't get Earthquake ffs.

I swear GF better add Boomburst as a move tutor move in the next game in order to make up for this bullshit, but balance it out of course by limiting it only to Pokemon who can learn Hyper Voice naturally.

clemenx

Banned

In what ways? I haven't read any details on Pokepelago.

ZeroX03

Banned
This game sounds so weird. As a single player JRPG it sounds like a marked improvement, but as a multiplayer Pokemon game it sounds like a pretty big downgrade.

e: any word on online multi battle?

Daemul

The way mega evolution worked in Gen 6 was speed decided the turn order BEFORE the transformation

Now in Gen 7 speed decides the turn order AFTER the transformation

Basically meaning hooray for Banette and Beedrill and RIP Garchomp and Sabelye

Sandfox

This game sounds so weird. As a single player JRPG it sounds like a marked improvement, but as a multiplayer Pokemon game it sounds like a pretty big downgrade.
While the removal of certain things are unfortunate, I disagree with this. They added things and made changes in ways that will improve aspects of the multiplayer.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I'm afraid of spoiling myself but I gotta ask this at least, is Elekid available in the wild in this and is it early on?

Well according to the team builder it's found on Ula Ula island which is the third Island.

Except the fact that bank isn't up and running till January and limits player to Pokémon from gen 1-6, thus leaving gen 7 Pokémon out in the cold.

These nonsensical and shallow ass movepools that Gen 7 Pokemon get are pissing me off more and more, Lycanroc doesn't get Earthquake ffs.

I swear GF better add Boomburst as a move tutor move in the next game in order to make up for this bullshit, but balance it out of course by limiting it only to Pokemon who can learn Hyper Voice naturally.

Agreed, I had to drop Tsareena from my team due to her move set being pitiful.

The way mega evolution worked in Gen 6 was speed decided the turn order BEFORE the transformation

Now in Gen 7 speed decides the turn order AFTER the transformation

Basically meaning hooray for Banette and Beedrill and RIP Garchomp and Sabelye

Ha ha, original Garchomp continues to stomp all over his mega.

Kind of like how they held back the post game in X and Y for the- oh wait.

Poor Zygarde, he was robbed.

Sandfox

This reminds me of what people where saying about gen 5 prior to B2W2 lol.

On the positive side outside of new pokes and maybe breeding some new moves you can do all your ev training stuff for most of the mons in Gen 6 easy and port over. Pokémon bank is a nice thing lol

Yeah, but Pokemon Bank doesn't open up until January AND I'm pretty certain that (eventually) pokemon bread outside of gen 7 will not be allowed in ranked battles. Also, you cannot trade from gen 7 back to gen 6.

So basically you'll want/have to breed and train all your pokemon in gen 7 for one reason or another.

ffdgh

Seriously. The dogs movepool is absurdly barren. Oh what I would give for elemental punches...and no guard head smash lol.

Same thing I just posted above. Gen 7 cannot trade down to Gen 6 via bank. Once a pokemon is in gen 7, even with bank, they are stuck there. Also I'd assume that competitive battling will require the pokemon to have been born in gen 7.

Top Bottom