• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

Mr-Joker

Banned
What level is Type Null at when you get it?

I'm 100% in SaltyEuropeanMode right now.

Let's be salty together.

I was annoyed but a kind person on twitter reached out to me offering me a free Pokémon for when I play the game.

I turned it down though but I was touched by the offer.

Having said that I really hope that Nintendo and Pokémon Company at least try and do a worldwide release again or shorten the delay by 2-3 days, 5 days is too much as we will fall far behind and will have to avoid spoilers which is difficult when every wannabe Pokétuber are uploading their playthrough without any thoughts in keeping spoiler free.

Razmos

The salt has been steadily rising within me for every person I see post who has gotten the game or is getting it tomorrow.

After all those months of waiting, it's just cruel that everyone else gets it a week earlier for no real reason at all. It's not even a language thing, the game has a built in language selector.

By the time I get the game and start actually discussing it in the OT people will already be over all that and be talking competitively

Mr-Joker

Banned
The salt has been steadily rising within me for every person I see post who has gotten the game or is getting it tomorrow.

After all those months of waiting, it's just cruel that everyone else gets it a week earlier for no real reason at all. It's not even a language thing, the game has a built in language selector.

By the time I get the game and start actually discussing it in the OT people will already be over all that and be talking competitively

Exactly, Game Freak and the Pokémon Company make a big deal how Pokémon connect people worldwide but yet doesn't exactly follow through on that by delaying the European release date for the Hoenn remake and Sun and Moon.

Plus the delay didn't change anything other then annoy European customers as the game ended up leaking and the Pokémon Company have been pretty much giving away every detail of the game, so I don't get the point of the delay.

The Tapus don't have their hidden abilities, either... although you'd never want them and have probably been set up in the event that the terrain abilities are deemed overpowered and need to be axed for the next game.

It's also probably going to be rather difficult to chain for HAs from the likes of various SOS encounter pokemon like Toxapex, Sableye, Chansey, Vanilluxe, Garchomp and Castform in light of how you acquire them in the wild... although at least in the last few cases you can port them over from the bank once it opens. Porygon gets gifted to you so you're out of luck for Analytic unless the one you're given happens to have it on hand. The fossil pokemon may prove equally problematic. Lastly, the HAs of the island scanner pokemon are unavailable until the bank opens because those pokemon won't call for help.

No they do not. Neither does the Chansey / Blissey line. So unless it's otherwise available in the game as a treasure, gift or reward you may be out of luck.

The predators probably aren't super terrible are they ? You should theoretically be able to chain their actual 'helpers' to build a chain and then grab a predator with a high chain rate to start with. Admittedly not as easy as chaining friends and you're still likely better of using a heal beam setup to be able to keep a chain going despite predators.

ETA -
Also any more information on non-Alolan forms for Exuggutor / Raichu / etc. I'm guessing its probably a flag in the junk bytes so unless someone decompiles the evolution code we probably won't actually find out until the bank update (the fact that you can't send XY/ORAS pokemon back after sending them to Sun/Moon suggests that there probably is some minor data changing going on.

13ruce

Banned
Exactly, Game Freak and the Pokémon Company make a big deal how Pokémon connect people worldwide but yet doesn't exactly follow through on that by delaying the European release date for the Hoenn remake and Sun and Moon.

Plus the delay didn't change anything other then annoy European customers as the game ended up leaking and the Pokémon Company have been pretty much giving away every detail of the game, so I don't get the point of the delay.

They are quite salty about those leaks shows how immature they are imo. Lets punish the customer!

JoeM86

Has there been further research into the EV yields of SOS Battles? I put what had been discovered but people have noted it's wrong?

Has there been further research into the EV yields of SOS Battles? I put what had been discovered but people have noted it's wrong?
I have EV trained a few Pokemon now. 14 KOs each time w/ power item but no PokeRUS is enough to max out the stat.

I see no reason to doubt it's wrong in any meaningful way.

Seil

What have people said was wrong about it?

I mean, I can run tests again but I think my results were pretty conclusive last time, and I had 5 different Pokemon with different item/pokerus combinations I was checking.

The only thing I can see that could change is if for some reason things act differently for Pokemon that naturally give more than 1 EV point?

Edit: Also that we discovered soon after the initial tests that, rather than tripling the EVs of the second kill, it's just doubled EVs once a chain begins. Same end results, though.

Edit2: Yeah I see the problem, you misinterpreted things a bit.

You've got it set up such that the EV yield goes up with each Pokemon, which isn't the case.

EV yields are doubled from the moment a second Pokemon is called into battle. But it's just a 2x multiplier for the battle.

Defeating two 1 EV Pokemon in a chain will get you 4 EVs total, not 4 each. But your table makes it seem like each consecutive Pokemon gives a higher EV yield

With Pokerus + Power Item, you'd receive 36 EVs per KO in a chain, resulting in a total of 252 EVs after 7 KOs.

JoeM86

What have people said was wrong about it?

I mean, I can run tests again but I think my results were pretty conclusive last time, and I had 5 different Pokemon with different item/pokerus combinations I was checking.

The only thing I can see that could change is if for some reason things act differently for Pokemon that naturally give more than 1 EV point?

Edit: Also that we discovered soon after the initial tests that, rather than tripling the EVs of the second kill, it's just doubled EVs once a chain begins. Same end results, though.

Edit2: Yeah I see the problem, you misinterpreted things a bit.

You've got it set up such that the EV yield goes up with each Pokemon, which isn't the case.

EV yields are doubled from the moment a second Pokemon is called into battle. But it's just a 2x multiplier for the battle.

Defeating two 1 EV Pokemon in a chain will get you 4 EVs total, not 4 each. But your table makes it seem like each consecutive Pokemon gives a higher EV yield

With Pokerus + Power Item, you'd receive 36 EVs per KO in a chain, resulting in a total of 252 EVs after 7 KOs.

Ok thanks, I'll reword it :)

Top Bottom