• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

KyleN

Banned
Please, atleast disable CA before taking screenshots. r_Chromaticaberration 0
..And yes, C2 with maldo 4 looks better imo.
iGJ7IvDqsKxnq.jpg

iXWl9vqHamKWP.jpg

KlotePino

I dunno guys...That screenshot that symphonask posted looks pretty fantastic to me. Could use some AA I think unless that's some other shitty effect. I agree about CC though, that shit is a little overdone.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Can anyone do an example screenshot with Chromatic Aberration on, and then again with it off?

I'd like to see the difference in how drastic it is.

Off to my courses for the day, and given it doesn't seem I'll get my key any time soon I'm really excited to see the shots people have taken when I get back. First few look alright but given the location they don't really pop. Imagine a lot of that cloth/rain/water elements are more impressive in motion.

Starting to enjoy it a bit more now, feeling like a bit of a bad ass sliding and shotgunning. Also I thought the glass in the game was pretty good I would have liked to been able to run and jump through it though for some reason...

glass7hs9k.png

facecasnu.png

Can anyone do an example screenshot with Chromatic Aberration on, and then again with it off?

I'd like to see the difference in how drastic it is.

Here is my attempt I can't see much of a difference, maybe someone can offer a better retort.

Without Chromatic Aberration:

withoutvrrje.png

With Chromatic Aberration:

with6oqzw.png

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Well you kids have fun with your C3 and Rock'em Sock'em Robots, I'll see ya'll in a week when the inevitable frame by frame walkthrough of the game has died down ;P

Spazznid

That location wasn't the best example. Someone will probably post a better comparison soon.

Honestly, I found the use of CA to be LEAGUES ahead of the beta. Beta was more like, "Oh, look at me! I can do CA!"

No it looks good enough so that you don't know it's there unless you are trained to look at it.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Here is my attempt I can't see much of a difference, maybe someone can offer a better retort.

Without Chromatic Aberration:

withoutvrrje.png

With Chromatic Aberration:

with6oqzw.png

Yeah I honestly can't see a difference.

For those in the know, in what situations is it most apparent?

How? did you post it? sorry I didn't look at the previous page for spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also this game is more gorgeous than I imagined.

Nah I didn't post it I just sat there for a while looking at it :p What is the console command(s) to hide everything? Also an underwater shot while I was fumbling around...

underwater0xqep.png

shandy706

I always pick up on the littlest things...lol....first thing I noticed in this pic...

478pem.png

..is that sections of ivy/foliage going up the wall on the right is casting a shadow as if it has leaves, but the ends are just a bare limb/stick.

Grief.exe

i6yG4Q3r6CYxC.png

ibrTC60am0ALtL.png

ib1Qt7WwfHR8SA.png

System:
SLI 560 TI OC'd
2500k OC'd 4.6

Settings:
D3D9
2.5x Native
16XAF
4x SSAA
Widescreen Hack
EFB: Ram
DSP LLE Audio

SweetFX:
SMAA
Luma
Gamma
Vibrance
Curves

I also thought this was interesting, here are links to what the game would look like playing with your GC or Wii upscaled to 1080p.

http://i.imgur.com/ib8BQ1a.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sV51YUf.jpg

imgur since I don't want to infect my minus account and its more of a novelty rather than actual pictures.

Spazznid

Yeah I honestly can't see a difference.

For those in the know, in what situations is it most apparent?

lower res, non AA, shots with a high FOV and thin objects near the edge of the screen. I honestly noticed it so much I had to turn it off in beta, but it's just right now. Planetside 2 has it as well and although it's a bit more obtrusive in that, it's still good.

Look at the grass in this scene. The grass near the bottom left is being distorted by CA and the grass near the middle is not. In motion it's hard to see unless you run C3 in poopy non-ULTRA-Elite style.

ikkT212Ah5VOs.png

ixJUjjL0sph2j.png

Spazznid

iqboZ5gRymEbS.png

ibx4GIl6yBFvMS.png

There seems to be two degrees of facial animation. One when you are in scripted sequences and another when the character is just talking. The latter look much less impressive.

I need that HL3 in my veins!

AlterOdin

Great shots Spazznid. I thought they had a very STALKER wibe to them. Still bitter STALKER 2 was cancelled :,=(. Was it not rumored they showcased it on cryengine (when looking for investors)?

Top Bottom