• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

Toxi

Banned
Guys!

People on Smogon and /vp/ have been testing Araquanid, and it turns out that it's Water Bubble ability also *doubles* the base power of Water attacks before adding STAB!!! My boy is redeemed!
giphy.gif

So if pokemon can call other types into battle won't that screw up ev training certain stats? As in if I'm training hp and the poke calls in something that boosts a different stats won't that cause issues?

UberTag

So if pokemon can call other types into battle won't that screw up ev training certain stats? As in if I'm training hp and the poke calls in something that boosts a different stats won't that cause issues?
For the most part they're calling pokemon that offer the same EV parameter... and, if they don't, odds are you won't be using them to EV train anyhow.

Sandfox

Urgh I can already hear someone rushing to create a click bait Pokémon theory video about how Cubone was "originally" going to be Kangaskhan pre-evolution. ¬_¬;

I think this is a reference to an old theory that Cubone is actually a baby Kangaskhan.

Puruzi

Banned
- A new character named Gester teaches the player various "Battle Styles" once they have met certain criteria.

- Battle Styles alter your character's in-battle animations. The known Styles are: Normal, Elegant, Smug, Girlish, Right-Handed, Reverent, Passionate, and Idol.

sick

Urgh I can already hear someone rushing to create a click bait Pokémon theory video about how Cubone was "originally" going to be Kangaskhan pre-evolution. ¬_¬;
I think that's the joke. So it would be like a complete circle then. People make up rumors of Cubone being a Kanga prevo, Game Freak has many keks and does this, and then people make clickbait videos about this "CONFIRMED THEORY"

Amazing.

Now if they only had something with like Pokemon calling Pokemon that had simialr cries to them in Gen 1 or something like Onix calling Cloyster.

so, if golisopod goes below 50% hp it switches out right. If you send it back in, will it go back if it gets hit again?

how often does the ability trigger once your drop below 50 for the first time? is it every time he takes damage?

I expect it to switch under one condition. If your HP starts above 50% and goes below 50%.

Example (will switch):
67% -> 35%
51% -> 49%
100% -> 10%

Example (won't switch):
90% -> 51%
48% -> 10%
40% -> 28%

Bonus (won't switch):
100% -> 45% -> 60% (because of sitrus berry (that's what I heard at least))

This is my understanding at least. Correct me if I am wrong.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I think this is a reference to an old theory that Cubone is actually a baby Kangaskhan.

I think that's the joke. So it would be like a complete circle then. People make up rumors of Cubone being a Kanga prevo, Game Freak has many keks and does this, and then people make clickbait videos about this "CONFIRMED THEORY"

Amazing.

Now if they only had something with like Pokemon calling Pokemon that had simialr cries to them in Gen 1 or something like Onix calling Cloyster.

Hmm I didn't see it that way.

I just saw it that Cubone cries appealed to Kangaskhan mothering side and rushed to Cubone aids, kinda like surrogate which does happen in nature.

I expect it to switch under one condition. If your HP starts above 50% and goes below 50%.

Example (will switch):
67% -> 35%
51% -> 49%
100% -> 10%

Example (won't switch):
90% -> 51%
48% -> 10%
40% -> 28%

Bonus (won't switch):
100% -> 45% -> 60% (because of sitrus berry (that's what I heard at least))

This is my understanding at least. Correct me if I am wrong.

Someone on smogon said it triggers once per battle.

interesting. i could imagine it being pretty annoying if it triggeres every time you take damage below 50%, so i'm hoping that's not the case

Mr-Joker

Banned
Potentially I can see Golisopod switching out bite him in the butt if people start carrying Toxic spikes, spikes and stealth rock to counter him.

They could also Mean Look/Shadow Tag/Arena trap him to shut down the bug priority move he has.

Potentially I can see Golisopod switching out bite him in the butt if people start carrying Toxic spikes, spikes and stealth rock to counter him.

They could also Mean Look/Shadow Tag/Arena trap him to shut down the bug priority move he has.
That's why you run Rapid Spin/Defog.

Also I can't think of many trappers that would want to stay on this thing. Liquidation hits hard. Maybe Decidueye? Though it still gets hit by STAB Leech Life.

i'm still shocked that they buffed leech life to 80 BP

Zubat finally has a useful move before he gets wing attack

does emergency exit work in the face of those moves? it's more of a compulsive thing than an active switch out afaik

Late to the party, but I think this will be the team I am rolling with:

tumblr_oglx4jB06a1r1uq0jo1_1280.png

I think Alolan Marowak is the best "Alolan Form" of the gen 1 pokemon, and I may use it as well.

Guys!

People on Smogon and /vp/ have been testing Araquanid, and it turns out that it's Water Bubble ability also *doubles* the base power of Water attacks before adding STAB!!! My boy is redeemed!

Only thing it's missing now is Aqua Jet.

Araquanid's water STAB hits harder than Keldeo Hydro Pump.

It's a shame it doesn't learn Sticky Web or Aqua Jet... or any other move you'd actually wanna use. I might have to resort to Double Team/Substitute.

It's a shame it doesn't learn Sticky Web or Aqua Jet... or any other move you'd actually wanna use. I might have to resort to Double Team/Substitute.

I think this is what bothers me about GF more than anything; the blatant oversight when it comes to filling in gaps in a move set. Like Togedemaru. I plan to roll with it in my in-game team, but It's really stupid that it favors it's Attack Stat but doesn't learn any Physical Steel moves outside of Gyro Ball. Like seriously, no Iron Head?

Sandfox

While Aqua Jet would be really good, but this thing certainly has some nice moves lol.

I think this is what bothers me about GF more than anything; the blatant oversight when it comes to filling in gaps in a move set. Like Togedemaru. I plan to roll with it in my in-game team, but It's really stupid that it favors it's Attack Stat but doesn't learn any Physical Steel moves outside of Gyro Ball. Like seriously, no Iron Head?

Yeah, I dunno. They put together movesets based on flavor more than anything.

Kommo-o is supposed to be this great warrior, so it learns literally every offense boosting move under the sun. Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Bulk Up, Belly Drum, Work Up, Autotomize.

I guess GF decided that Togedemaru's head isn't strong enough to use a move like Iron Head. Though I can't imagine why Araquanid is the only spider mon not to learn Sticky Web...

hm sharpedo can learn psychic fang..with the buff to mega's, and a psychic type move to combat fighting types, i'm excited to use mega sharpedo again

i love sharpedo

Seil

Yeah, I dunno. They put together movesets based on flavor more than anything.

Kommo-o is supposed to be this great warrior, so it learns literally every offense boosting move under the sun. Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Bulk Up, Belly Drum, Work Up, Autotomize.

I guess GF decided that Togedemaru's head isn't strong enough to use a move like Iron Head. Though I can't imagine why Araquanid is the only spider mon not to learn Sticky Web...

Pikachu's tail is incredible enough to use Iron Tail, for comparison =p

True Fire

Disappointed at how much of a bore this game's story is. I'm replaying Platinum right now, and the entire lonely trek up Mt Coronet to Spear Pillar and then the Distortion World was the peak of the Pokemon franchise.

Crocodile

Disappointed at how much of a bore this game's story is. I'm replaying Platinum right now, and the entire lonely trek up Mt Coronet to Spear Pillar and then the Distortion World was the peak of the Pokemon franchise.

Interesting, I think you're the first person I've seen say something bad about this games story (within the context of a Pokemon game). Can you go into what you didn't like about S&M story without using spoilers?

hm i've only heard positive things about the game's story so far

gen IV had a mediocre story imo, and the part you're describing is actually one of my least favorite parts of the game lol, I hate Mt. Coronet

gen V is really the only gen where i enjoyed the story, but of course I don't play pokemon for the story, if it's good that's just icing lol

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How did Bewear turn out, haven't seen a lot of discussion about him...

Also was Mantine one of the Pokemon who got a buff?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/stufful-bewear-discussion.3586455/

actually pretty good tbh

great hp and attack, and a pretty diverse move pool, and its ability is neat as well

assault vest bewear will be very interesting

>252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fluffy Bewear: 242-288 (54.5 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Steelix: 254-300 (71.7 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 288-342 (81.3 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

lol

What the fuck

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Neat, I saw they gave Mega Alakazam a 10+ boost in Special Defense---he was the only Mega in Gen VI who didn't get a 100 BST boost, only a 90 BST boost.

Daemul

Interesting, I think you're the first person I've seen say something bad about this games story (within the context of a Pokemon game). Can you go into what you didn't like about S&M story without using spoilers?

I'm not him, but I thought it was alright, much better than most Pokemon game stories, buts that not a high bar at all so thats a useless point of reference lol. I liked BW's story much better due to N and the crazy events that went on at the league, but SM's story gave a decent account of itself, but it certainly won't be winning any awards for storytelling. I feel the story would have worked better if the kids involved were older, like Gen V and VI older. I know that GF made the BW protagonists older in order to fit with the story and I felt the same needed to happen here, because things felt weird at times with them being so young.

One major fault I have is the protagonist, well, not actually the protagonist but the character you play, I swear to god, everyone had different emoting faces except for them. It was hilarious at points where people were serious and the camera would pan to your character and they have that stupid smile on their face, that shit was dumb.

Top Bottom