• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

TheFatOne

Did they reduce good tempest rates? I don't see any of them nearly as often anymore. Haven't seen corrupted in a while, and haven't seen 20 exiles in forever.

Rufus

Did they reduce good tempest rates? I don't see any of them nearly as often anymore. Haven't seen corrupted in a while, and haven't seen 20 exiles in forever.

Dunno, but you should use poetempest.com to monitor what's where, if you aren't already.

Any chance I could get a guild invite. Started back playing this properly and have gotten well and truly sucked in. In-game name is CinnamonGuns

TheFatOne

My flame totem magic find build is coming along nicely. My dps is a little low right now at 6.5k, but maps up to 72 are very doable with good clear speed. Now I'm saving for a six link.

I've been map capable for a few days now and I've been checking poe tempest. Haven't seen corrupting come up once. Did they tone them down or am I just unlucky?

Act III is probably my favorite act overall but jeez I hate the beginning of it. Specifically the statue busts quest. Also in general Sarn's sandy locale always felt bland and dead to me. I'm back in cruel now with my remade Ice Crash Marauder but I man I hate doing those early quests.

I love the Lunaris and Sonaris temples and everything else about Act III.

Cerity

I guess that explains the crazy exalt:chaos ratio. When I logged in the other day, people were buying exalts for upwards of 70c, haven't checked in the last few days but I guess it's only going up?

V_Arnold

I guess that explains the crazy exalt:chaos ratio. When I logged in the other day, people were buying exalts for upwards of 70c, haven't checked in the last few days but I guess it's only going up?

That is warbands economy for ya. I just ignore that league altogether, pointless imho, even Standard has a much healthier economy at this point :D

Kammie

That is warbands economy for ya. I just ignore that league altogether, pointless imho, even Standard has a much healthier economy at this point :D
Our chaos:exalt ratio has in fact been going down lately.

Can't wait till the league merge so the temp leaguers fuck up the rates once again. This is the biggest discrepancy we've had between league rates ever I think.

Rufus

Upcoming patch.
"We expect deployment to occur at 2:10pm Thursday NZT"

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1399207
Version 2.0.2

Content:
Added six new Microtransaction Pets: Lemur Pet, Cobra Pet, Pukeko Pet, Toad Pet, Tortoise Pet and Hedgehog Pet. These are critters that were introduced in The Awakening (mostly in Act Four). They have been frequently requested as player pets.
All of the halls which were removed from The Hall of Grandmasters in The Awakening have been reinstated and an additional two halls have been added.
Kaom's areas now rain down fiery meteoric flame golems.
Daresso's area now has lion statue monsters.
Added a new permanent pack of monsters (which includes a boss) to The Crossroads.
Added Blacksmith's Whetstones, Armourer's Scraps and Glassblower's Baubles to Kira in Highgate.
Added a new skill to Torchoak Grove - he will target an area and his minions will bombard that area. The map variation of this boss has not received this same change.
Upon defeating the final encounter you must now go to town before Oyun will assist you in travelling to the next difficulty.
Adjusted the composition of signature monsters in the Solaris Temple to get a more varied distribution of Assault Ribbons, Flame Sentinels and Galvanic Ribbons.
Added the Sailor Skin lore object to the Cavern of Wrath.
Added the Damp Diary lore object to the Cavern of Anger.

Minor Content:
Thistlesage in the Imperial Gardens now has effects to help him stand out.
The bosses in the Act 4 Corrupted Side areas now have new effects to help them stand out.
Updated the visuals on the Icy Manifestation monsters skills in The Grand Arena.
Hammerstorm has updated effects on his hammer throw skill.
Improved the death animations for Stygian Revenant monsters so they aren't offset from their target area when using corpse targeting.
Enduring Cry has received updated effects.
Triskeriaki's Tail's projectiles have received updated effects.
Shavronne's projectile spell has received updated effects.
The animations of Sea Witches have been improved.
Improved the audio for status ailments.
Various improvements to art, areas and audio have also been included in this patch.

Features:
The Experience-per-hour display no longer includes loss of experience.
Trade chat is no longer enabled by default for new players.
The buff icon applied when you are about to die in Oba's Sanctum is now more noticeable.
Jeweller's Strongboxes can now drop Jewels.
Vakali Totems and Inua Totems can now be generated as magic or rare monsters.
Fury Hounds and Rakangos have improved behaviour around bridges in Kaom's areas.
Chieftain spectres no longer call down monkeys from nearby trees.
Pocked Miner spectres no longer attempt to mine Chaos Sentinels out of the walls.
Improved the Auto-Select Gateway functionality.
Vendor Quest Reward ordering within their groups has been improved.

Features - Performance Improvements:
The graphical performance of Discharge has been improved - it now only plays the dominant effect if you have multiple charge types.
Vigilant Strike, Heavy Strike, Viper Strike, Dominating Blow and Infernal Blow now only play their on-hit effects on the main targets when used with Melee Splash.
Made further improvements to asset preloading, resulting in slightly faster game load time and reduced memory usage.
Improved memory usage of some user interface textures, which also slightly improves load times.

New 3D Art:
The following unique items now look like their 2D art:
Kingmaker
Mjölner
Fidelitas' Spike
Lakishu's Blade
Lavianga's Wisdom
Gorebreaker
Sire of Shards
Callinellus Malleus
Lifesprig
Screaming Eagle
Alternate Art Geofri's Baptism
Ice Tomb
Jack The Axe
Crown of the Pale King
The Deep One's Hide

Balance:
Increased the drop rate of end-game Maps to smoothen the curve into level 74-79 maps.
Increased Fire Nova Mine damage by 15% at all levels.
Increased Shockwave Totem damage by 10% at all levels.
Increased Detonate Dead damage by 10% at all levels.
Increased Spark damage by 10% at all levels.
Increased Elemental Hit damage by 10% at all levels.
The rate at which Fire Nova Mine casts Fire Novas has been increased by 20%.
The Creeping Agony in the final encounter now does 80% less damage to minions.
You can no longer use Warcry skills when under the effect of Silence.
The minimum range of Doedre's projectiles has been adjusted so that she doesn't fire straight up and down as much when you are very close to her.
Increases to Flask Effects now increase the amount of recovery gained from Flasks with the instant-recovery Seething, Panicked and Bubbling mods.
The Energised Armour unique Jewel now transforms Energy Shield to Armour at 200% of its value.
The Energy From Within unique Jewel now transforms Life into Energy Shield at 100% of its value.
Healthy Mind unique Jewel now transforms Life into Mana at 200% of its value.
Temporal Chains' slowing effect now applies multiplicatively with Chill's slowing effect. This will result in less of an impact when both are used on the same target.
Explosive Arrow's damage has been reduced in PvP. Its attack time override is now 200ms (from 400ms).
Ignites caused by Fireballs now correctly take area damage modifiers into account when applying the damage.
Flame Dash now works with Traps and Mines.
The Ice Storm skill granted by the Whispering Ice unique item now has a base duration of 1500ms (up from 700ms) and grants 150ms base duration per 100 Intelligence (from 50% increased duration per 100 Intelligence). It was a bug that it was giving 50% increased duration per 100 Intelligence. This has been fixed and rebalanced to compensate. Increases to duration will now have a greater effect on this skill.
Tormented Spirits now only flee from Players (as opposed to also fleeing from their minions).
The bloodlines mod Herald of the Obelisk can no longer appear on Rakangos.
The bloodlines mod Necrovigil can no longer appear on the Rakangos or Eye Hatchery monsters.

Tempest Content & Balance:
Added 4 new Tempest Prefixes:
Revealing Tempest - Items you find are identified.
Poisonous Tempest - Creates poison clouds at the location of the Tempests.
Arcane Tempest - Grants increased Elemental Damage and Cast Speed, and regenerates life upon casting spells.
Resisting Tempest - You cannot be Chilled, Frozen, Ignited or Shocked and you have additional Elemental and maximum Elemental Resistances.
Added 1 new Tempest Suffix: of Incursion - Adds 10 Invasion Bosses.
Tempests that use Glacial Cascade, Physical Glacial Cascade, Fire Nova, Shockwave, Summon Raging Spirits and Flame Totem have had their cast speeds adjusted.
The "Of Contamination" Tempest suffix has been changed so that monsters also add 10% of their physical damage as chaos damage.
Fixed problems with skill tempests at the start of Inferno Races.

Descent: Champions Balance:
Added the missing Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder and Desecrate skill gems to the Witch chests in Descent: Champions.
Added Herald of Ash to the Templar chests in Descent: Champions.
Removed Desecrate from the Templar chests in Descent: Champions.

Bug Fixes:
Fixed more cases of skills being invisible when re-entering the final encounter.
Fixed various cases of new maps not being able to spawn adequate amount of shrines when using the Zana crafted mod.
Fixed a rare client crash that could occur as Atziri changed into her mirror forms and returned back into her normal form. This most commonly occurred with Cyclone.
Fixed a bug where items created by Divination Cards could get more links than the sockets should allow for.
Fixing a clipping issue with the Demon King Body Armour for the Templar when in town.
Fixed a bug where Mana on Hit could stop working in some conditions until you changed area.
Fixed a bug where the achievement for reserving 95% of your life couldn't be completed in some cases when using flat reservation costs.
Fixed a bug where you could get out of sync when using teleporters in Lockstep mode.
Local Life Gain on Hit now appears correctly in the character stat sheet.
Fixed a bug where monsters dying to Tempests could sometimes drop no items.
Fixed a bug where the Tormented Forger could result in unique monsters being raised as spectres with incorrectly high cast speed.
Fixed a bug where arrows weren't correctly attaching to some monsters when fired into them.
Fixed a bug where Arctic Armour wouldn't display on your party members or monsters if you entered the instance after they activated it.
Fixed a bug where items which gained benefits per status ailment on an enemy only benefitted from a single ignite if multiple ignites were applied to the target.
Fixed a bug with the display of Divination Cards when linked on the website.
Fixed a bug where Mana on Hit wasn't being applied to off-hand attacks.
Fixed a bug where Daresso's enrage effects would not appear if you left and re-entered the instance.
Fixed a bug where Daresso's enrage effects weren't correctly displayed when he reached 50% life.
Fixed a bug where Discharge effects could play twice when repeated.
Fixed a bug where the challenge icons on ladders looked like the ones from the last leagues.
Fixed a bug where the Hungry Abyss unique jewel wasn't working correctly.
Fixed a bug where the Locomancer achievement was not completable.
Fixed various cases of Rakango Tails getting possessed by Tormented Spirits.
Fixed a bug where Life and Energy Shield could be incorrectly positioned on the globes.
Fixed a rare crash when socketing Jewels in the Passive Skill Tree.
Fixed a bug where off-hand leech from physical damage wasn't being applied.
Fixed a bug where the AFK command wouldn't auto-trigger after five minutes.
Fixed a bug where AFK mode was disabled when your party was disbanded due to other players leaving the party.
Fixed a bug where charge skills used by Voll, Fighting Bulls and Gnar, Eater of Carrion could not be evaded.
Fixed a bug where auras supported by Spell Totem and Reduced Mana could cause the totem to be unable to cast the aura, despite the player being able to place the Totem.
Fixed a bug where Plummeting Ursae summoned by the Mutated Ursa and Shriekers summoned by Voidscream had their levels incorrectly set when summoned.
Fixed a bug where Cast on Critical Strike would trigger when hitting Frost Walls.
Fixed a bug where Righteous Fire calculated an incorrect radius when you were using Righteous Fire while also being affected by an enemy's Righteous Fire.
Fixed a rare instance crash related to Voll's charge skill.
Fixed a bug where players with Eldritch Battery would spend energy shield to cast spells which reserved mana.
Fixed a bug where Cleave hit all targets simultaneously, instead of in-sequence.
Fixed a rare bug with Lightning Warp causing environment changes.
Fixed a bug where a monster affected by both a Tormented Mutilator and Tormented Necromancer could create members of the Chaos Renegades Warband.
Flame Dash now travels the same distance regardless of whether you're holding shift, when attempting to travel to or beyond maximum distance of the skill.
Fixed a rare client crash related to Maelström (water vortex) monsters.
Fixed an issue with the display of the rewards given by the Bandit Quests.
Fixed a bug where multiple projectiles from a single Frost Blades attack could hit the same target.
Fixed a bug where moving away from an NPC without using the mouse could cause the NPC menu to remain open.
Vaal Oversoul can no longer be stunned while using his submerge and emerge skill.
Fixed a bug where the critical strike multiplier provided to elemental skills by certain Jewels was applying multiple times for skills that had multiple elements.
Fixed a bug where Jewels that transformed increases and reductions to life did not also perform those transformations on increases and reductions to minion and totem life.
Fixed a bug with the animations on Totems when using Taunt.
Fixed a bug where Frost Blades projectiles weren't piercing correctly.
Fixed a crash with Flame Dash when used with the Cast when Damage Taken support gem.
Fixed a bug where item attribute requirements didn't display if they were lower than a certain value while your character's attribute requirements were also lower than that value.
Fixed a bug where the last item linked in a chat message wouldn't display its thumbnail image.
Fixed a bug where the fire explosion from Wild Strike could trigger cast on Melee Kill.
Fixed a bug where Magma Orb was not playing the fire surge effect on the player when casting the skill.
Fixed a client crash when weapon swapping between a Bow and a Melee weapon while using bow skills supported by Trap.
Fixed a bug where Marceus the Defaced had no block chance - his Tempest Shield would never trigger or refresh.
Fixed a bug where various duration modifiers weren't correctly multiplying or adding with each other.
Fixed a bug where Gluttony of Elements wasn't considered a Vaal Skill for the purpose of Vaal Skill modifiers.
Fixed an issue where walking around traps used in some Vagan missions could cause you to get out of sync.
Fixed a bug where the Scion's forearms would disappear when using Doryani's Fist.
Fixed an issue where the Flame and Ice Golems were unable to fit through gaps that the player was able to.
Fixed a bug where the "of Gluttony" Suffix on Flasks which was spawned prior to The Awakening's release would not display the mod name correctly.
Fixed a bug where Curse on Hit could support Minion Skills. It now can't, as that combination does not work.
Fixed a bug where the Standing Stones in Zana missions could get you out of sync.
Fixed an issue where the Village Ruin end-game map boss could drop items in locations where you couldn't pick them up.
Fixed a bug where Wild Strike could get out of sync.
Fixed a bug where Masters weren't spawning in the Malformation Map.
Fixed a bug where Traps and Mines could be affected by elemental status ailments.
Fixed a bug where the Map Device would use Short Allocation for players who aren't in a party, rather than the player's preferred item allocation mode.
Fixed a rare instance crash that could occur when killing Barkhul in Normal Difficulty.
Fixed a bug with the Infernal Helmet causing the Scion's neck to bend abnormally.
Fixed a bug where chests and strongboxes were not spawning in The Apex of Sacrifice and The Alluring Abyss.
Fixed a bug where Ctrl+Clicking on instance transitions and teleporters caused you to be unable to use that transition for a short period of time afterwards.
Fixed a bug where characters who die in a Hardcore league stay in that league's chat.
Fixed various typos with the line of Spiked Shields, the Alloyed, Burnished and Alder Spike Shields are now Spiked Shields. The Fossilized Spirit Shield has also been renamed to Fossilised. This may require item filters to be updated!

Ctrl-F, no Flame Totem changes that matter to me. All good

Seriously though, the list of bug fixes is disturbing. Tormented ghosts not being chased away by minions is seriously months old.

It was crazy before this was revealed but I think it may have had something to do with it. The +3 method is going to screw over the economy even more now that most are are going to try and sell their exalts to people who want to craft this themselves. The guys who revealed this tried buying up all the 6l bows and staffs right before they revealed this to generate more revenue for them. These guys are smart. I think its safe that we can say goodbye to PA in the next patch as well as this method. GGG are going to nerf everything into the ground after this.

TheFatOne

This one jumped out to me:

Added 1 new Tempest Suffix: of Incursion - Adds 10 Invasion Bosses.

Rip city in high level maps. If they ever drop on lower level maps then awesome, but I highly doubt it. The tempest rates for the better tempests should be increased. They don't happen frequently enough.
Ctrl-F, no Flame Totem changes that matter to me. All good

Seriously though, the list of bug fixes is disturbing. Tormented ghosts not being chased away by minions is seriously months old.

Yea some seriously horrendous bugs still out in the wild.

Cerity

It was crazy before this was revealed but I think it may have had something to do with it. The +3 method is going to screw over the economy even more now that most are are going to try and sell their exalts to people who want to craft this themselves. The guys who revealed this tried buying up all the 6l bows and staffs right before they revealed this to generate more revenue for them. These guys are smart. I think its safe that we can say goodbye to PA in the next patch as well as this method. GGG are going to nerf everything into the ground after this.

I'm more hoping the nerf changes the crafting cost of the mods from exalts to chaos. I've just got my PA/mf ranger up to maps :(

Kammie

I know we already have a bunch of pets and stuff, but this is quite pathetic.

PetsNews.jpg

Zynx

What's pathetic about a company trying to make money?

Especially since there's no pay to win, except for stash tabs.

V_Arnold

We got a huge shitstorm brewin when it comes to the OH-SO-HOLY-UNTOUCHABLE-HARDCORE-GRINDER-RICHES, folks :D

Related thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3hp9qz/voc_tells_the_rest_of_the_story_on_those_72/

Spreading misinformation? Check
Abusing a not-known trick that is too expensive for anyone to even think about trying? Check
GG Mod in the guild? Check
Suprised lead dev (Chris) asking how this is not obvious? Check
A few dozen people in-the-know driving up the price of exalteds thanks to this? Check

So amazing. Oh, by amazing, i mean nauseating and horrible, but yeah.

Zynx

We got a huge shitstorm brewin when it comes to the OH-SO-HOLY-UNTOUCHABLE-HARDCORE-GRINDER-RICHES, folks :D

Related thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3hp9qz/voc_tells_the_rest_of_the_story_on_those_72/

Spreading misinformation? Check
Abusing a not-known trick that is too expensive for anyone to even think about trying? Check
GG Mod in the guild? Check
Suprised lead dev (Chris) asking how this is not obvious? Check

A few dozen people in-the-know driving up the price of exalteds thanks to this? Check

So amazing. Oh, by amazing, i mean nauseating and horrible, but yeah.

Oh wow, there's a disappeared reply by qarl in a reddit thread 6 months earlier asking about the possibilities of some of these interactions. GGG definitely has to clear up if this was a hidden functionality change or if it worked all along, and what the GGG employee in that guild told his guildmates.

If it was a unmentioned functionality change between masters metamods and scouring orbs, time to riot against GGG. They changed a very important interaction in the game, while making it cheaper, without telling the public! And very suspicious that people in a guild with GGG knew how to take advantage of it. A well-deserved shitstorm in this case.

If it wasn't, then Ventor lied to everyone six months ago and we believed him, while not testing things out for ourselves. (Most of us were not going to spend multiple eternal orbs to test for ourselves).

e: There's people like skyforth and flubbi saying that scouring/master metamods did NOT worth that way before 2.0. More evidence that GGG changed functionality without a single peep in patch notes. I'm actually a little upset now, over a video game.

V_Arnold

Problem is: apparently, that deleted reply was because he DID say that those interactions worked - and by that time, they did not!

All this is thanks to a crafting functionality change that went undocumented in the patch notes of 2.0

So we have a thin grey line of "no one knew" and "it was not direct", but at the end of the day, there were information out there that "you should not waste scouring on that, it does not work", that was indeed correct by that time, and a change that actually directly contradicted that, without GGG telling anyone. (Anyone but the select few in that group of people, obviously).

Zynx

Yep, it looks more and more like GGG did something absolutely unfair to the player base.

Made an UNDOCUMENTED change to master metamod interaction with orbs, such as scouring orbs. Didn't mention in patch notes or anything. BUT, people in guild with a GGG employee SOMEHOW found out about it and took advantage of it. (The very, very thin line here is that the guild members somehow figured out on their own and the GGG employee in the guild did not provide any information. But given that it seems only these guildmembers are taking the biggest advantage of this HIDDEN SECRET UNDOCUMENTED CHANGE...)

Even if the GGG employee didn't tell his guildmates about the change, it's already sketchy that the change went unmentioned in patch notes - considering how GGG has treated patch notes so far, we have the expectations that any game-changing adjustments are mentioned so all players know about them.

Super duper unfair. Could be argued to be as unfair as MMO GM's giving free super items or money to certain players over others, since this information was as good as free wealth.

e: Fuck, it seems like there's another new undocumented change to crafting in the new 2.0.2b patch.
tMlJF5P.jpg

Someone trying to take advantage of the new information did this. However, notice you get a MAGIC item when it's semi-scoured into 1-affix item. However, before the patch, you could get 1-affix RARES. Absolutely no mention in the patch notes. (This change makes crafting +3 elemental gem staves much, much harder. I wonder if GGG did anything about +3 bows? A "small" change like changing +1 gems "paragon" into being considered an "attack" or "magic" mod could destroy the current "easier" method of crafting such bows.)

TheFatOne

If no one else is going to do it I'll post a thread about this on the gaming forum. Will take me a while though because explaining this to non PoE players is a tough

KKRT00

Going to magic item when there is only one affix seems logical. Probably it was a bug earlier.
But yeah, should be in patch notes.
Dunno if thats shady though. Mistakes can happen You know.

TheFatOne

Going to magic item when there is only one affix seems logical. Probably it was a bug earlier.
But yeah, should be in patch notes.
Dunno if thats shady though. Mistakes can happen You know.

ISx2c8u.png

The post being deleted, a GGG dev being on the guild, and some other things make this really really sketchy. I'm still waiting before I make a thread because I don't want to make a witch hunt thread, but if GGG comes out and says works as intended I'm going to go nuclear.

ypYiSAI.png

Here is the original post by Qarl before it was deleted. Clearly stating that Vent was spreading misinformation only to be deleted 10 mins later. Either way something fishy is up and information that is such a big change to crafting and game mechanics could not possibly be "forgotten" to be put in patch notes. This method wasn't working before 2.0 because eternals were still in the game.

The fact that the guys with the dev in their guild knew about all this stuff and more and completely gutted the economy while many top crafters and streamers, especially AXN, did not know about these massive changes screams insider information and market manipulation to me. For a game that puts such a huge focus on economy this is completely unacceptable no matter how you try and spin it.

Kammie

TheFatOne

Chris just edited his post saying that it worked before 2.0 Why the fuck did they never mention this? Absolute fucking horeshit.

Edit: Fuck Qarl. He corrected the information and then immediately deleted it. Such fucking horseshit.

Chris Wison said:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this why everyone was excited about Crafting Metamods in the Forsaken Masters release almost a year ago?
Edit: Now that I'm at the office, I've checked and can confirm this has functioned in this way since it was initially released. The code has not been modified since the first implementation. People who say it was changed in 2.0.0 are incorrect.

Zynx

@TheFatOne, let's collaborate on that thread, I have some ideas on how to present the information.

We need this to hopefully blow up so that GGG realizes they can't get away with this kind of shit.

TheFatOne

AfMaJy3.png

Put the quote in an imgur link cause you never know. This is beyond fucked up. Qarl or GGG knowingly mislead the community by not correcting this information early on. Allowed the 1% to become even richer, and take advantage of the community. GGG decided to keep this a secret or Qarl helped hide it to help his buddy out. Either way this is beyond slimey.

@TheFatOne, let's collaborate on that thread, I have some ideas on how to present the information.

We need this to hopefully blow up so that GGG realizes they can't get away with this kind of shit.

The real difficult part is explaining the crafting mechanincs to the uninitiated. I think if we just go over the basics we should be ok.

Edit: And how this change completely destroys the economy.

Zynx

I don't have time at this moment to work on this, but I would present the crafting mechanics by presenting probabilities. Say, the chances of getting a +3 staff with/without. Or the chance of rolling Tyrannical+Flaring with/without the revealed methods. But I'm not sure we need to get into such details. The main point is that PoE devs withheld important information, possibly even in a misleading way, a tiny group of players amassed most of the wealth in the game, and those tiny group of players happen to be in a guild with a GGG employee.

TheFatOne

I don't have time at this moment to work on this, but I would present the crafting mechanics by presenting probabilities. Say, the chances of getting a +3 staff with/without. Or the chance of rolling Tyrannical+Flaring with/without the revealed methods. But I'm not sure we need to get into such details. The main point is that PoE devs withheld important information, possibly even in a misleading way, a tiny group of players amassed most of the wealth in the game, and those tiny group of players happen to be in a guild with a GGG employee.
Check out this weak bullshit by Chris.
Chris Wilson said:
No mechanics were changed here - it has worked like this since they were introduced last year. We have seen people use and publicly discuss them working in this way.

This is so fucking sad if this is the case. If this is the case GGG failed to properly communicate major changes to the game, and allowed a select few to ruin an entire economy. It does not explain away why Qarl deleted his comments. So I'm calling bullshit on Chris Wilson here. I want them to answer why Qarl deleted the quote if indeed he was correcting Ventor and that was the correct information. Shit smells like bs so that they don't throw a dev under the bus and lose community support.

V_Arnold

By the way, as a side node, the OP of that reddit thread linkes a twitch portion of some streamer talking to a very knowledgable fellow who said some things that reminded me of something...

... All this talk about Poe.trade, procurement, acquity or whatever is this called, and some player having access to an ever faster item-querying solution: (the example used: would you wake up at 2am when your bot found someone posting a mirror sale who is obviously a newbie - no character >lv55 in his acc, to get an INSANELY good deal on it, because they do not know the value),...all this made me realize:

ALL THIS TIME, POE players in general chat shitting on Diablo 3's auction system were affected by a similar thing in this game as well. Talk about kettle and pot, lol. And GGG refuses to implement a proper Ah where people have equal footing and offline trade options. No, that would dumb down the game, right? Right?

Zynx

Boom. We have the final straw. We have clear evidence that one of the people involved have been given preferential treatment by GGG (in a different way).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Xharlion

Look at the profile. "Joined June 7, 2015"
Look at the supporter packs:
Warrior Supporter - this could only be purchased before July 29th 2014.
Master Supporter - this could only be purchased before April 20th 2015.
(http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Supporter_pack)

How the fuck does this guy get supporter packs that aren't sold anymore from times before he even made his account?

"We have seen people use and publicly discuss them working in this way." <- I agree, this line is real bullshit.

Rufus

How the fuck does this guy get supporter packs that aren't sold anymore from times before he even made his account?
There was a Reddit thread about a cheater who reached top 10 Tempest where someone said people whose accounts got banned got their supporter packs back when they made a stink about it to support. Might be the same reason here.

Anyway, if GGG does something about the crafting thing they'll only do so to safe face, because even if they don't, all of this is flushed down the toilet and next league everyone starts on even footing again. Unless people are sitting on more secret knowledge of course.

CYlFe14.png

This is from a deleted thread from a few days ago. Pretty damning if true. Take from it what you will but there was someone on teamspeak with woods about how he gets insider info from the devs and using RMT sites. Supposedly it's GGG_Gary that is the one feeding woods and his guild the info and whatnot.

Boom. We have the final straw. We have clear evidence that one of the people involved have been given preferential treatment by GGG (in a different way).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Xharlion

Look at the profile. "Joined June 7, 2015"
Look at the supporter packs:
Warrior Supporter - this could only be purchased before July 29th 2014.
Master Supporter - this could only be purchased before April 20th 2015.
(http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Supporter_pack)

"We have seen people use and publicly discuss them working in this way." <- I agree, this line is real bullshit.

Woods complained to GGG that he was getting a bad rep on his main account and harassed or something and made a new account and they transferred everything over to it. Well that is the supposed story.

There was a Reddit thread about a cheater who reached top 10 Tempest where someone said people whose accounts got banned got their supporter packs back when they made a stink about it to support. Might be the same reason here.

Anyway, if GGG does something about the crafting thing they'll only do so to safe face, because even if they don't, all of this is flushed down the toilet and next league everyone starts on even footing again. Unless people are sitting on more secret knowledge of course.

They wouldn't have revealed this unless they have more inside information and a back up plan for next league.

TheFatOne

Woods complained to GGG that he was getting a bad rep on his main account and harassed or something and made a new account and they transferred everything over to it. Well that is the supposed story.

They wouldn't have revealed this unless they have more inside information and a back up plan for next league.

Yup and if GGG wants to not tell anyone about what you can do in the game then I have no more interest in playing. These crafting changes don't even really effect me, but it's the principle of the matter. It's a disgusting practice, and GGG should not be hiding major game mechanics as a way to reward the 1%.

Edit: Holy shit at that manifesto. Zynx that thread is going up tomorrow. I'm not going to stand for such bullshit.

Rufus

CYlFe14.png

This is from a deleted thread from a few days ago. Pretty damning if true. Take from it what you will but there was someone on teamspeak with woods about how he gets insider info from the devs and using RMT sites. Supposedly it's GGG_Gary that is the one feeding woods and his guild the info and whatnot.
There was a rumour that GGG devs started as D2 dupers. Hmmmmmmmmm~

Anyway, this site is hilarious:
http://d2legit.com/items/path-of-exile/tempest-league/poe-body-armour/

TheFatOne

It's been a long long time since I have felt this angry at a gaming company. Just insane that they would ever do something like this. In a couple of hours when I have calmed down I'm going to start writing that GAF thread, and I'm going to use it as a spring board on ethics of game development. Believe me I'm going to fucking annihilate GGG in that thread.

Rufus

It's a disgusting practice, and GGG should not be hiding major game mechanics as a way to reward the 1%.
I dunno, the 20% gem recipe wasn't widely known for years and people made bank on that too, yet nobody really cared.

Why was this behaviour not clearly documented?

A large part of crafting and trading in Path of Exile is access to information. The value of items relative to the current metagame is constantly shifting. The value of mods rolled on items changes over time also. For example, +3 bow skills is great at the moment, but has been terrible in the past. There are secret recipes - one that generates a Regal Orb was only added to the wiki today, despite being in the game for years and also known by many people.

When we introduce new orbs, mods, items or crafting systems, we don't explain how to use them. The intention is that players try them out and find out what works. We feel that's a lot more fun than us just handing you an optimal crafting guide. Path of Exile is all about being rewarded for being clever.

Why did Carl quickly delete a reddit comment last year clarifying how this works?

He didn't want to accidentally reveal what was, at the time, not commonly known by the community. In the same way to how we don't reveal vendor recipes, we don't want to accidentally affect the natural progression of how players work out crafting tricks.
I really have no issue with what he's saying here.

It's been a long long time since I have felt this angry at a gaming company. Just insane that they would ever do something like this. In a couple of hours when I have calmed down I'm going to start writing that GAF thread, and I'm going to use it as a spring board on ethics of game development. Believe me I'm going to fucking annihilate GGG in that thread.
You sound more thank a little ridiculous right now, to be perfectly honest.

Okay, and now Chris released what I can only describe as the "stand your ground in being the devil's advocate" development "manifesto":

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1401804

Tell 'em, Chris. The economy is not even broken... :D:D:D

So they hid major game mechanics because they didn't want the community to find out and "affect the natural progression"? Funny how the people that "figured" this out are the ones that have a GGG dev in their guild.

And the economy is proper fucked right now in warbands. It is not going to get better and is only getting worse. It's not different for certain items which you changed rarity tiers for (for some stupid reason) it is that everything high end is priced in exalts and isn't adjusted in the economy to reflect price changes because no one has a sink for chaos. With exalts being in higher demand and consumed more regularly because of the information that has been revealed the drop rates need to increase to compensate for it or else we are stuck in the same position we are in now where the gap between the 1% and the regular players keeps widening and everything gets devalued except exalts and high end items.

V_Arnold

I dunno, the 20% gem recipe wasn't widely known for years and people made bank on that too, yet nobody really cared.

When you enter the territory of making proftits in the dozen exalteds PER ITEM per hour, you enter a realm where NO ONE who plays the game has a chance to ever accumulate wealth even one hundred of a rate that this was profitable for them.

We can all argue about what this game's goal should be, but when the best item you find in the game is still relatively worthless when compared to these trading practice's profits, somthing is not right. There should be a middle ground.

I think the main problem is that the evidence points to GGG in fact revealing the crafting info, but only to a select few.

Top Bottom