• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

One additional fun quirk about the SOS rescue system is that you can wind up with pokemon you shouldn't normally be able to get.

I've already mentioned about Eevee calling for help from Espeon and Umbreon. But how would you like a Level 9-12 Salamence that will obey you because it's so low-leveled before leaving Melemele Island?

That can be done. Bagon will potentially call one for help on Route 3 and Kala'e Bay. Who wants to have to level up to 50 to land one of those things anyhow? That's too much work.

Of course, that's a 1% shot. But if you want a Level 15 Slowbro LONG before Level 37. That's available. Want a Level 10 Gyarados as soon as you land a fishing rod? That's on the menu. So is Whiscash and Seaking. In fact, almost all of the fish will call their evolutions for help. So if you want to skip the small fry and land the big daddy without having to grind for levels, happiness or burn elemental stones... well, now you can.

Salamence begs to differ. In fact, so do a lot of things now. Especially since Zubat has to wait until Level 31 (or Level 35 if it's already evolved to Golbat/Crobat) for that buffed Leech Life.
I'm gonna do this, just because I imagine it's gonna be hard af to catch that early and I want that challenge.

So apparently someone ran into this in the battle tree
screenshot_2016-11-15-01-40-19-jpg.73468

a move which wasn't on the moveset list for Kommo-o. Could be huge if it really gets it somehow

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
so technically the SOS can screw up your EV training?

a move which wasn't on the moveset list for Kommo-o. Could be huge if it really gets it somehow

possibly cheating Tree

also oh god more trainer-models-ruin-scale shit

One additional fun quirk about the SOS rescue system is that you can wind up with pokemon you shouldn't normally be able to get.

I've already mentioned about Eevee calling for help from Espeon and Umbreon. But how would you like a Level 9-12 Salamence that will obey you because it's so low-leveled before leaving Melemele Island?

That can be done. Bagon will potentially call one for help on Route 3 and Kala'e Bay. Who wants to have to level up to 50 to land one of those things anyhow? That's too much work.

Of course, that's a 1% shot. But if you want a Level 15 Slowbro LONG before Level 37. That's available. Want a Level 10 Gyarados as soon as you land a fishing rod? That's on the menu. So is Whiscash and Seaking. In fact, almost all of the fish will call their evolutions for help. So if you want to skip the small fry and land the big daddy without having to grind for levels, happiness or burn elemental stones... well, now you can.

Salamence begs to differ. In fact, so do a lot of things now. Especially since Zubat has to wait until Level 31 (or Level 35 if it's already evolved to Golbat/Crobat) for that buffed Leech Life.
That's dope.

That's so cool. A Psychic/Dragon perhaps?
I'm actually quite surprised that Necrozma is pure Psychic so a typing change would make sense.
Just looking at it, it looks kind of mechanical to me so I would've assumed it could maybe be the first dragon/steel type to exist since Dialga, but if they didn't make Necrozma steel I guess that wouldn't make too much sense for it to suddenly gain it from just reassembling itself. The dragon at least makes some sense because at least it now looks... well... dragon-ey, not that helped Charizard much until mega evolution though :eek:

Razmos

I'm actually quite surprised that Necrozma is pure Psychic so a typing change would make sense.
Just looking at it, it looks kind of mechanical to me so I would've assumed it could maybe be the first dragon/steel type to exist since Dialga, but if they didn't make Necrozma steel I guess that wouldn't make too much sense for it to suddenly gain it from just reassembling itself. The dragon at least makes some sense because at least it now looks... well... dragon-ey, not that helped Charizard much until mega evolution though :eek:
Prisms are more glass than metal, but due to how mystic and magicy they are, the Psychic type makes sense.

Has Psychic/Dragon been done before? I keep thinking of Lugia but lol

Lol. What the heck?

Wait, did I miss something? The water spider is good now?
His ability doubles the damage of Water moves. He's not crap anymore!
Why the heck it's not in the description is anyone's guess.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm pretty sure it's real if the mined encounter tables are correct. Salamence is listed in in one section. You've just got to be really lucky to find one.

Code:
Table 14 (Day):
Encounters (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Yungoos (10%), Bagon (1%)
SOS Slot 1 (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Yungoos (10%), Salamence (1%)
SOS Slot 2 (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Yungoos (10%), Bagon (1%)
SOS Slot 3 (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Yungoos (10%), Bagon (1%)
SOS Slot 4 (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Yungoos (10%), Bagon (1%)
SOS Slot 5 (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Yungoos (10%), Bagon (1%)
SOS Slot 6 (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Yungoos (10%), Bagon (1%)
SOS Slot 7 (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Yungoos (10%), Bagon (1%)
Additional SOS encounters: (None)

Table 14 (Night):
Encounters (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Bagon (1%)
SOS Slot 1 (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Salamence (1%)
SOS Slot 2 (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Bagon (1%)
SOS Slot 3 (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Bagon (1%)
SOS Slot 4 (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Bagon (1%)
SOS Slot 5 (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Bagon (1%)
SOS Slot 6 (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Bagon (1%)
SOS Slot 7 (Levels 9-12): Spearow (49%), Mankey (20%), Cutiefly (20%), Rattata (Forme 1) (10%), Bagon (1%)
Additional SOS encounters: (None)

I think he meant Kommo-o learning Shell Smash

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The 'evo-catch-early' aspect of SOS is pretty damn cool, to be honest.

Definitely going to use that for some eevee-lutions and the like, but I don't know if I'll go as far as finding a 1% chance Salamance during the main game, lol.

Breeding non-Alolan Pokemon is weird.

Alola + Alola = Alola
Ditto + Alola = Alola
Ditto (Everstone) + Alola = Alola
Ditto + Non-Alola = Alola
Non-Alola + Non-Alola = Alola
Ditto + Non-Alola(Evertone) = Non-Alola
Non-Alola + Non-Alola (Everstone) = Non-Alola

Seems kind of inconvenient to breed Non-Alolan Pokemon with a proper nature. Not that people were using Marowak or Muk much anyway. But still kind of inconvenient.

GoldStarz

Breeding non-Alolan Pokemon is weird.

Alola + Alola = Alola
Ditto + Alola = Alola
Ditto (Everstone) + Alola = Alola
Ditto + Non-Alola = Alola
Non-Alola + Non-Alola = Alola
Ditto + Non-Alola(Evertone) = Non-Alola
Non-Alola + Non-Alola (Everstone) = Non-Alola

Seems kind of inconvenient to breed Non-Alolan Pokemon with a proper nature. Not that people were using Marowak or Muk much anyway. But still kind of inconvenient.

I mean can't you potentially just port them over from Gen VI?

MiTYH

OK, sorry to ask this, and quick-link me if it's easier, but I missed the weekend on this thread. How do you farm SOS calls reliably?

Also I saw a story of someone saying 100 encounters, is that all in the same battle? How long would that take? And I assume it's similar to horde where you can only catch the remaining pokemon.

LAST SOS question, can it call multiple ones are once, or just one at a time?

ffdgh

It applies to Lycanroc Night form too.

...Not that I tested that or anything........

Shark stahp. Ignorance is bliss.

OK, sorry to ask this, and quick-link me if it's easier, but I missed the weekend on this thread. How do you farm SOS calls reliably?

Also I saw a story of someone saying 100 encounters, is that all in the same battle? How long would that take? And I assume it's similar to horde where you can only catch the remaining pokemon.

LAST SOS question, can it call multiple ones are once, or just one at a time?

Use an Adrenalin orb and lower a pokemon's health so they can call for help nearly constantly.
Yes they are infinite as long as the helper is the same species as the summoner. The helper becomes the summoner if the original one is fainted
Only one at a time. You gain double EVs the moment a helper appears though.

Edit: They will not call for help if they're affected by a status condition.

UberTag

Not for VGC or other formats that require Alola native pokemon
Doesn't that ruleset imply that they're restricting competitive use to the Alolan variant anyhow? The inconvenience shouldn't matter. Old school Arena Trap Dugtrio might be better than his surfer dude Steel-type equivalent but it's going to be barred from VGC use whether it's bred into Sun and Moon with a plus sign next to its name or not.

Reading further, this breeding thing is only for Alolan Pokemon with new base forms. For Cubone, Pichu and Exeggcute there is NO known way to not make them evolve into their Alolan forms.

Kanto Raichu, Marowak and Exeggutor are effectively banned from VGC. There is no way to get a native Gen VII version of these forms.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Doesn't that ruleset imply that they're restricting competitive use to the Alolan variant anyhow. The inconvenience shouldn't matter. Old school Arena Trap Dugtrio might be better than his surfer dude Steel-type equivalent but it's going to be barred from VGC use whether its bred into Sun and Moon with a plus sign next to its name or not.

Nope, just Pokémon that are born and part of the Alolan Pokédex which technically includes the original variants since they are part of the Pokédex and can be born in Alola without the use of bank.

Doesn't that ruleset imply that they're restricting competitive use to the Alolan variant anyhow? The inconvenience shouldn't matter. Old school Arena Trap Dugtrio might be better than his surfer dude Steel-type equivalent but it's going to be barred from VGC use whether it's bred into Sun and Moon with a plus sign next to its name or not.

non-alola variants are still in the alola dex

Well the VCG rules state the Pokemon has to be from Alola as well, right? Since all the Alolan forms are part of an evolution line, that would mean that the regular forms are essentially locked out for this VGC season.

UberTag

Nope, just Pokémon that are born and part of the Alolan Pokédex which technically includes the original variants since they are part of the Pokédex and can be born in Alola without the use of bank.
That seems like a wonky loophole to me. Especially seeing how Marowak, Raichu and Exeggutor are still barred... but whatever.
I mean, technically the use of the Bank is required to get breeding non-Alolan parents into the game legally in the first place.

Well the VCG rules state the Pokemon has to be from Alola as well, right? Since all the Alolan forms are part of an evolution line, that would mean that the regular forms are essentially locked out for this VGC season.

You can get native born Kanto Meowth, Rattata, Geodude, Diglett, etc, as soon as the bank opens. Just breed two Kanto forms or a Kanto Form with Ditto + an Everstone.

It's only the ones without an Alolan first form that are stuck. There's no known method to not get Alolan Exeggutor, Marowak or Raichu from their earlier forms. No matter where they came from. The Pikachu could come directly from Kanto via FRLG and still evolve into A Raichu as soon as it hits Alola. As if it were a native.

Weebos

Banned

IIRC this happened in the Maison too. The pokemon missing those moves got them in ORAS?

I think Entei was one of them.

I remember hearing the names "Elio" and "Selene" for the protagonists, but I don't know where.

You can get native born Kanto Meowth, Rattata, Geodude, Diglett, etc, as soon as the bank opens. It's only the ones without an Alolan first form that are stuck.

This official site says this:
Only Pokémon that can be obtained in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon may be entered.

That sounds like they're going to enforce the "pentagon rule" again, like they did in XY. Gen VII native Pokemon have a cross mark instead of a pentagon, but they have the same function. Bringing those over from Bank may not work.

I remember hearing the names "Elio" and "Selene" for the protagonists, but I don't know where.

This official site says this:

That sounds like they're going to enforce the "pentagon rule" again, like they did in XY. Gen VII native Pokemon have a cross mark instead of a pentagon, but they have the same function. Bringing those over from Bank may not work.

You can breed regular forms in Alola (have the regular form hold an Everstone) to get the regular forms that are native born. Bring the parents in from Bank and then breed in Alola to get a native regular Geodude or whatever.

It doesn't work for Raichu, Exeggutor or Marowak though. They're stuck forever banned unless someone finds a way to force regular evolution on them. Considering the trailer showed them regular evolving, there should be a method. Just nobody has found it.

Top Bottom