• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

backlot

You can breed regular forms in Alola (have the regular form hold an Everstone) to get the regular forms that are native born.

I feel like the spirit of the rule set is to only allow the Alolan forms of those Pokemon but I haven't seen any rules explicitly state that the original forms are banned so who knows.

You can breed regular forms in Alola (have the regular form hold an Everstone) to get the regular forms that are native born. Bring the parents in from Bank and then breed in Alola to get a native regular Geodude or whatever.

It doesn't work for Raichu, Exeggutor or Marowak though. They're stuck forever banned unless someone finds a way to force regular evolution on them. Considering the trailer showed them regular evolving, there should be a method. Just nobody has found it.

I get what you're saying now. Has it been tested that regular forms won't just switch after evolving in Alola?

DNAbro

I remember hearing the names "Elio" and "Selene" for the protagonists, but I don't know where.

This official site says this:

That sounds like they're going to enforce the "pentagon rule" again, like they did in XY. Gen VII native Pokemon have a cross mark instead of a pentagon, but they have the same function. Bringing those over from Bank may not work.

Elio and Selene come from a trailer that showed off Battle Royal

sun and moon, i assume lol

It is definitely pointing to that. But I would hate to assume that and then find out it's actually Darien and Mercedes.

Canon name is important to me because my hard-made Pokémon will carry on beyond the version, so I like their OT Trainer to reflect their original, canonical beginnings.

It is definitely pointing to that. But I would hate to assume that and then find out it's actually Darien and Mercedes.

Canon name is important to me because my hard-made Pokémon will carry on beyond the version, so I like their OT Trainer to reflect their original, canonical beginnings.

I mean, the characters name in the demo was sun, at least for the male. Can't even remember if there was a female option in the demo.

I mean, the characters name in the demo was sun, at least for the male. Can't even remember if there was a female option in the demo.

Being Sun in the demo a good sign. Sun implies an obvious Moon for the female trainer.

To those citing Elio and Selene in the prerelease footage, I wouldn't bank on those. XY used Xavier and Yvette and Black & White used Blair and Whitney.

For now, I think I have to assume Moon. It would be nice to know before I started, though.

My recommended EV training spots:

-HP: Caterpie in one of the fifty places with Caterpie
-Attack: Spearow on Route 3, Grubbin on Route 1
-Def: Sandygast, Hano Beach
-SpDef: Ledyba on Route 1
-SpA: Psyduck at Brooklet Hills
-Speed: Delibird on Route 3 (Wingull can confuse you, Rombee has Stun Spore)

Defense was the hardest to figure out because fucking everything with Defense has Sturdy I fucking swear

Defense was the hardest to figure out because fucking everything with Defense has Sturdy I fucking swear
Thank you, saving this for when I beat the game.

PK Gaming

Good stuff, thank you

ffdgh

Nothing that a mold beaker can't fix for defense.

Astral

Oh god are we gonna have to go back to traditional EV training? I thought the Pokepelago thing was good.

Shit Sandygast is a ghost type isn't it so you can't False Swipe it huh

Er... Grab Mold Breaker and go to route 12 with Geodude I guess?
Oh god are we gonna have to go back to traditional EV training? I thought the Pokepelago thing was good.
Pokepelago sucks when you can max a stat in like 2 minutes when you get into one of the encounters I listed. lol

nynt9

I still can't decide which version to get. Are there any spoilerific differences between the versions beyond what was revealed in the PR?

Koppai

I still can't decide which version to get. Are there any spoilerific differences between the versions beyond what was revealed in the PR?

Time of day is set 12 hours apart so in one game the Sun would be out in the other the Moon would be out. Version exclusives...otherwise not really. These aren't really spoilers though.

They were the worst game ever for like 12 hours before everyone learned about how fast EV training works and now they're the best games ever. That's the rough summary of the thread.
Don't forget the non-Alolan Ratatta parents giving birth to Alolan Rattata thing as well...which was solved with a simple everstone (though Marowak, Exeggutor and Raichu remain a mystery).

Notice how the last official released trailer showed UB-03 and UB-05? There are two UB-04; Blaster and Blade and like UB-02 they're version exclusives. Post game spoilers
so anything after UB-02 is seen postgame and the international police quest this time is capturing them.

I heard something about some clothes only being available for purchase in one version but there is a way to get random clothes from trainers in festival plaza.

As for the 12 hour difference postgame
at certain times of day you can go into the other versions universe...at least as far as time is concerned encounters remain unchanged

Smeargle with Soak, False Swipe and Aerial Ace? (attacking move can be anything but perfect accuracy should be helpful if there is like sand attack)

Or if going for Geodude just use Pinsir or Axew (& evolutions) as those are the can learn false swipe and have Mold Breaker. Island scan really coming through here in the case of the latter.
That reminds me Mega Pinsir can be used on Sandygast as it is flying type false swipe (IIRC strongest false swipe in the game as well)

One additional fun quirk about the SOS rescue system is that you can wind up with pokemon you shouldn't normally be able to get.

I've already mentioned about Eevee calling for help from Espeon and Umbreon. But how would you like a Level 9-12 Salamence that will obey you because it's so low-leveled before leaving Melemele Island?

That can be done. Bagon will potentially call one for help on Route 3 and Kala'e Bay. Who wants to have to level up to 50 to land one of those things anyhow? That's too much work.

Of course, that's a 1% shot. But if you want a Level 15 Slowbro LONG before Level 37. That's available. Want a Level 10 Gyarados as soon as you land a fishing rod? That's on the menu. So is Whiscash and Seaking. In fact, almost all of the fish will call their evolutions for help. So if you want to skip the small fry and land the big daddy without having to grind for levels, happiness or burn elemental stones... well, now you can.

Salamence begs to differ. In fact, so do a lot of things now. Especially since Zubat has to wait until Level 31 (or Level 35 if it's already evolved to Golbat/Crobat) for that buffed Leech Life.

This is amazing. This is something I need to exploit for trades. Maybe I'll be able to get a Jangmo-o or Mimikyu by the end of the first or the begining of the Second island threw trade.

Astral

Call for help chaining grants double EVs and Power items have been buffed. With pokerus you can go from 0 to 252 in 7 kills.

Pokepelago sucks when you can max a stat in like 2 minutes when you get into one of the encounters I listed. lol

Oh. Well ok then lol. As long as it's really fast and it doesn't involve some stupid minigame, I'm good. What about hyper training? I don't see many talking about it.

How is pokepelago's level up training feature? It's ev training is probably worse than just using encounter chains, but I could see it being good for mass leveling pokemon you might consider using later

Get a shiny one and it'll looks like a super saiyan using a spirit bomb.

The-Wire-Wee-Bey-OMG-1470610504.gif

GoldStarz

How did you get the game early?

I mean by this point there are multiple ways. Stores breaking street date, a online shop shipped it's copies early, there's even a ROM already. Honestly, how are you surprised by this when this thread is at almost 100 pages?

Kyzer

Banned
Dratini with a rod in safari zone in RBY was sick though I wish more pokemon were treated special and made hard to find attain like that

Top Bottom