• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

mollipen

I mean, seeing how pharmercy went, your opinion is invalidated.

<3

1473860062-4005d021b099337f79946653ab489424.gif

Oh wait, I thought you were saying you don't like regular kawakami hair.

Yes, regular hair >>>> maid hair.

Also I don't even know what I'm ruining now. :p
Sweet! We bonded over hair!

Oh you were just unknowingly giving LaughingBanana more ammo to use against me haha!

EDIT: Also judging from mollipen's response you also ruined her night. Now you're in for it!
Makoto is hiding some crazy hips

6oW2Jz7.jpg
Oh my gosh she's gorgeous.

Crap I'm conflicted again!!!

So I had Kawakami confidsnt lvl at 9 when we went to Hawaii, but for some reason we didnt go on a date and I ended up on a date with Makoto even though her lvl was 5 I think. Anyone had this happen?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So I had Kawakami confidsnt lvl at 9 when we went to Hawaii, but for some reason we didnt go on a date and I ended up on a date with Makoto even though her lvl was 5 I think. Anyone had this happen?

I mean, well, if you paid any attention to the story like, at all, you surely would have noticed that the game flat out tells you that there's a reason Kawakami wasn't there, right? same reason why Makoto is even there in the first place?

Also, take it as the game basically confirming that Makoto >>>>>> Kawakami, not that it needs any proof to begin with :p

I mean, well, if you paid any attention to the story like, at all, you surely would have noticed that the game flat out tells you that there's a reason Kawakami wasn't there, right? same reason why Makoto is even there in the first place?

Also, take it as the game basically confirming that Makoto >>>>>> Kawakami, not that it needs any proof to begin with :p

But she was there tho. So maybe you weren't paying attention?

Jintor

WHAT.

Lol, really?

Even when the game made a fuss over it before the school trip? Not to mention the amount of possibilities that it can go wrong?

Damn, lol.

The game says other teachers can't go which is why Makoto (and Haru) are there, since third years have been drafted to fill in the gaps for other teachers.

k1t4j

So i found out I have a problem saying no to 2D women.... I couldn't say NO to:

-Ann
-Tae
-Becky
-Makoto
-Hifumi
-Haru

I'm ready for the repercussions...

welp

WHAT.

Lol, really?

Even when the game made a fuss over it before the school trip? Not to mention the amount of possibilities that it can go wrong?

Damn, lol.

Sadayo says some teachers will be staying behind, not all. I think Sadayo only shows up if you max out her confidant by that time.

Clearly her desire for a beach date with Joker was enough to make her want to go.

Also she has the best beach date, as fitting for Best Girl.

Sayad

What's the penalty for romancing two girls(not more), finding it really hard to say no to Haru!

And Sugimura calling her fat was brutal, what an asshole!

Sciel

So i found out I have a problem saying no to 2D women.... I couldn't say NO to:

-Ann
-Tae
-Becky
-Makoto
-Hifumi
-Haru

I'm ready for the repercussions...

welp
Its all worth it.

What's the penalty for romancing two girls(not more), finding it really hard to say no to Haru!

And Sugimura calling her fat was brutal, what an asshole!
An extra scene at a certain point in the game.

Lol for all the "we must keep this a secret" talk the game really don't give a fuck, hahaha.

Man, this is true GENERALLY.

"Let's have a secret hideout to discuss our Phantom Thieves stuff"
*picks heavily trafficked indoor walkway overlooking Shibuya pedestrian crossing, the busiest damned intersection in all of Tokyo*
"oh yeah this is a good spot let's start the meeting HEY GUYS SO WHEN ARE WE SENDING THAT CALLING CARD FROM US, THE PHANTOM THIEVES, CAN EVERYONE HEAR ME OKAY OR SHOULD I YELL LOUDER IN FRONT OF ALL THESE STRANGERS"

I'm attempting to max all my confidants on my first playthrough and heres where I am on 15th September

• Priestess 5
  • Emperor 5
  • Hiero 5
  • Lovers 9
  • Chariot 9
  • Hermit 2
  • Fortune 7
  • Strength 4
  • Hanged 3
  • Death 7
  • Temper 8
  • Devil 7
  • Star 4
  • Moon 5
  • Sun 10
The ones left out are the ones that advance via story automatically / haven't become available yet (Tower and Empress)

My stats are all 4+ and have been since mid August. I just recently discovered all the stuff about the fortune teller, do I have a chance of doing this on this play-through? Absolutely can't arsed to do a 2nd playthrough in the immediate future, if ever, I've played 60 hours so far but christ it feels like I've done over 100. Absolutely mammoth game.

Ferrio

Banned
Huh, I didn't thing I'd see anyone finding her the best.

Secret top tier.

- Cute, casual, not a stick in the mud
- Hangs out at a chill bar, drinking whiskey and talking shit
- Friends with a Lala Escargot
- A political reporter, which due to current times resonates with me.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Secret top tier.

- Cute, casual, not a stick in the mud
- Hangs out at a chill bar, drinking whiskey and talking shit
- Friends with a Lala Escargot
- A political reporter, which due to current times resonates with me.

The drunk thing put me off, and she never really stops that.

Ultimadrago

The drunk thing put me off, and she never really stops that.

I'd imagine it puts a number of people off. Ohya's appeal I'd say is sort of like the reliable, older sister type (loosely speaking, as I'm guessing she's much older) commonly found in some anime. The archetype that you know wonders about if she'll ever find the right guy and maybe owns a pet to offset the loneliness. You might find they're most likely to tease younger inexperienced males about other girls or dating. If you're familiar, think Misato from Evangelion in her goofier moments.

And now I feel hypocritical for bringing up the dumb "Sister" example...shit. Well, it's not that Ohya feels like she's your big sister or anything. I'm simply saying the headstrong, experienced yet playful personality runs around the same vein.

That's how I interpret her anyways and I really like her as a character.

Question about Hawaii and the girls you can date there

i watched the video and it looks like yoy have to be dating ann and kawakami for their scenes and just have a high enough ranking for hifumi and makoto? I chose Makoto for mine (since the other two girls weren't high enough and I maxed ann) and the scene played out as I saw it. Will her lines change if you're dating her or is that impossible at the point of the hawaii trip in game? Same with hifumi and in reverse ann can you hawaii trip her and not be dating her?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hah.

Hope we get a new comic run for P5, it's ripe for it.

She never finished the P4 one and I don't think she's done a lot of gaming related comics since finishing school and doing her own comic strip. She pretty much abandoned her old accounts hosting those older comics.

Zafir

i watched the video and it looks like yoy have to be dating ann and kawakami for their scenes and just have a high enough ranking for hifumi and makoto? I chose Makoto for mine (since the other two girls weren't high enough and I maxed ann) and the scene played out as I saw it. Will her lines change if you're dating her or is that impossible at the point of the hawaii trip in game? Same with hifumi and in reverse ann can you hawaii trip her and not be dating her?

I was curious about that myself, so I ended up watching Makoto's one again on my second playthrough after I'd already got her to 10. It didn't change.

For reference:

When I went on the Hawaii trip I was dating Ann, but when the option came up I had the option of going out with Ann or Makoto even though I had like only like level 2 link level with makoto at the time. I went on the date with Ann btw. In another save I was high level with Hifumi but not dating her and she and Makoto were the options.

OrionX

All these desperate women keep throwing themselves at my mc, only to run away embarrassed. Sorry ladies, he's far too busy helping Yusuke search for the true meaning of desire~

Romanced Makoto, Kawakami, and Takemi, might romance Hifumi as well

Steel your heart edition, I'm no worse than that "player" in Makoto's storyline....

Ultimadrago

Romanced Makoto, Kawakami, and Takemi, might romance Hifumi as well

Steel your heart edition, I'm no worse than that "player" in Makoto's storyline....

Poor Makoto, helping out someone else with that issue while walking into it herself :(

Well, at least you aren't selling them off!

Orcastar

For reference:

When I went on the Hawaii trip I was dating Ann, but when the option came up I had the option of going out with Ann or Makoto even though I had like only like level 2 link level with makoto at the time. I went on the date with Ann btw. In another save I was high level with Hifumi but not dating her and she and Makoto were the options.

I had Ann at rank 8, Makoto at 5 and Hifumi at 5, and my choices were Makoto and Hifumi.

For reference:

All of this is really bizarre to me. I didn't think I was that behind in confidant ranks on my first playthrough, but
I got zero options except "operation babewatch part 2 with the guys."

I'm after the 2nd palace, and I don't think I've made the correct choice everytime for the S-Links. Do you think it's too late to max out all S-Links ? I mean, is it strict like P4 where the game doesn't allow a lot of mistake to max all?

Also, how do you up
Mishima
S-Link ? I can't go past rank 1...

vypek

All of this is really bizarre to me. I didn't think I was that behind in confidant ranks on my first playthrough, but
I got zero options except "operation babewatch part 2 with the guys."

I'm nowhere near the part that is being discussed but this option sounds like it would be hilarious

slash3584

About Hawaii:

Maybe the answer you choose the day before in the conversation about the type of girl you like affects the ones that send you a message?

I had both Makoto and Hifumi links on level 6 and after choosing the "Smart Girl" option I only got a message from Hifumi the next day.

Which is weird because I thought the "Smart Girl" option was refering to Makoto

Orcastar

About Hawaii:

Maybe the answer you choose the day before in the conversation about the type of girl you like affects the ones that send you a message?

I had bot Makoto and Hifumi links on level 6 and after choosing the "Smart Girl" option I only got a message from Hifumi the next day.

Which is weird because I thought the "Smart Girl" option was refering to Makoto

I chose the smart girl option as well and got messages from both Makoto and Hifumi (both were at rank 5).

I'm after the 2nd palace, and I don't think I've made the correct choice everytime for the S-Links. Do you think it's too late to max out all S-Links ? I mean, is it strict like P4 where the game doesn't allow a lot of mistake to max all?

Also, how do you up
Mishima
S-Link ? I can't go past rank 1...

How is that possible???

The first like 3-4 links are pretty much a given,
Mishima
is one of the easier ones at that I think I only spent time with him once between rank ups.

vypek

Regarding maxing out all links:

Does the player have to make use of that hidden stat using the arcana to max everyone out or is that just to make it go faster?

Top Bottom