• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

Dogenzaka

Banned
kaysee said:
whole lots of images

Why does Kratos not have a shadow in one of those shots? And why does he look so damn plastic-figurine-ish.

yeah I know but I don't think they would add incest in this game (even if it was common back then)

Greek mythology is nothing BUT incest.

Dogenzaka said:
Why does Kratos not have a shadow in one of those shots? And why does he look so damn plastic-figurine-ish.

I hear the blood of Greek gods do that to you. The best body lotion imagineable, I hear. Kratos may just look like a barbie doll in the end...a very angry-looking barbie doll, and bald too.

Mad_Ban

Probably the best place to ask since it's GOW3 related:

Any idea where to purchase the Ultimate Edition in the UK? Can't find any solid links/info for it.

Corrupt

Mad_Ban said:
Probably the best place to ask since it's GOW3 related:

Any idea where to purchase the Ultimate Edition in the UK? Can't find any solid links/info for it.
It's GAME exclusive, but it doesn't seem to be listed on their site anymore.

Mad_Ban

Corrupt said:
It's GAME exclusive, but it doesn't seem to be listed on their site anymore.
Yeah I remember reading that, but I couldn't find anything on their site. I'll ask in store tomorrow when I trade in some stuff. :)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Alright, I feel like any more than this trailer would be spoiler sensitive. I'm completely going black out for this game, see you guys in a month. I'm out of this thread. :lol

MoxManiac

Is the lava guy in the demo and the new trailer supposed to be Atlas? He looks different from GoW2. Actually, Gaia looks different too.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
DihcarEM said:
Shaka is correct, it's says so in the OPM Uk review....awesome.

Awesome :lol What score did OPM give GoW 3 again? 9/10?

MoxManiac said:
Is the lava guy in the demo and the new trailer supposed to be Atlas?

You thinking of the titan in the background of the demo level? No, it's not Atlas. Can't remember what his name is.

BeeDog

Combichristoffersen said:

Yep. According to them, the game was extremely close to a 10/10, but being "samey" as the other parts hurt it a bit. No sweat though, their review was utterly glowing. :D

Mr. Sam

I'm starting to really hate the reviewing style in OPM UK. I appreciate that they have to stretch it over about ten pages so they can sell magazines, but about three quarters of it was a plot overview. They even went into specifics on who got killed, in what order, what you got from it and - in some cases - even how. Thanks.

Mr. Sam

DihcarEM said:
Yep, which is pretty damn good since i heard the previous games got a 6 and an 8.

I think you heard wrong. I used to read the magazine back then and I'm pretty sure the first got at least an eight and the second a nine. They called it a "Fitting farewell to the PS2" or something like that.

MoxManiac

Combichristoffersen said:

You thinking of the titan in the background of the demo level? No, it's not Atlas. Can't remember what his name is.

Ah, looked around a bit, it's Perses.

I finally finished GoW2 last night and am pretty hyped for 3 now!

DihcarEM said:
Yep, which is pretty damn good since i heard the previous games got a 6 and an 8.

According to metacritic, the Official PS2 magazine gave God of War a 6/10 and God of War 2 a 9/10. But I don't think the God of War review is the right score because apparently it's from the January 2007 issue, which is weird enough that it doesn't have the March 2005 review which I thought was at least a 9/10.

Also, I can't remember there being a God of War review in the January 2007 issue (long story short: I hadn't payed attention to games for a while and hadn't read an OPM in like a year and a half. Then after this long hiatus I picked up the January issue and found out about Okami and Final Fantasy XII in the reviews. This caused me to really get back into games because I didn't want to let games like Okami pass me by and I went back to get games that I had missed the first time like Shadow of the Colossus, Dragon Quest VIII and Psychonauts. So because of this I remember that issue very well and can't remember a God of War review at all, nevermind one with such a relatively low score). So essentially I'm like Rain Man for completely useless information.

Mr. Sam

electroshockwave said:
According to metacritic, the Official PS2 magazine gave God of War a 6/10 and God of War 2 a 9/10. But I don't think the God of War review is the right score because apparently it's from the January 2007 issue, which is weird enough that it doesn't have the March 2005 review which I thought was at least a 9/10.

That is bizarre. I knew I shouldn't have thrown my old issues out. It was worth clogging up my house with piles of magazines for situations just like this.

Top Bottom