• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Judgement |OT| Brothers from the beginning, Bros till the end

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
How do I know what declassified missions I have done? I'm up to Coles testimony and only just got the achievement for 20 (when it should be 21) and Im fairly certain I have done everything so far.

Unless its a bug I have done everything so far. I have 3 stars in everything plus a COG symbol in mission select up to Coles testimony.

They all have to be for the same difficulty - separate difficulty stars do not add up.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I think she was
kidnapped by stranded folk, not COG. She's MIA and not necessarily dead. I think that's what Paduk said but it was a bit ago when I finished it.

But he found
COG tags at the scene, so I take it it actually was COG soldiers. Which also explains his bad attitude towards Baird and the others.

Or am I remembering things incorrectly here? Was a couple of weeks ago after all...

quickwhips

But he found
COG tags at the scene, so I take it it actually was COG soldiers. Which also explains his bad attitude towards Baird and the others.

Or am I remembering things incorrectly here? Was a couple of weeks ago after all...

They said locust were collecting tags for trophies.

Aske

But the tags came from
one of the men Paduk killed during the kidnapping. He saw the whole thing through his scope. So it was a former Gear.

Here's the cutscene in question. Spoilers, obviously: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlOR37qyiWw

I think Paduk's saying
she was taken by locust, like Maria, Tai etc; and the tags he recovered were hers.

It's ambiguous, but since
the locust are the default enemy (plus the only faction known for taking prisoners to enslave/eat) and he doesn't specifically say 'kidnapped by stranded', it seems a reasonable assumption. The COG doesn't kidnap people, and is so tight knit that Baird would have known if a patrol brought her in. Rogue former COG soldiers would be identified as stranded by default, and if Paduk thought they were still with the COG he'd have been far more angry with Baird's squad: if she'd been 'arrested' for going AWOL, she'd have been executed. I think she and Paduk probably left the COG after such infractions ceased to matter.

The dialogue is open-ended enough that your theory is possible, but I think the locust are the only culprits who make sense in the current context.

Lupin3

Here's the cutscene in question. Spoilers, obviously: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlOR37qyiWw

I think Paduk's saying
she was taken by locust, like Maria, Tai etc; and the tags he recovered were hers.

It's ambiguous, but since
the locust are the default enemy (plus the only faction known for taking prisoners to enslave/eat) and he doesn't specifically say 'kidnapped by stranded', it seems a reasonable assumption. The COG doesn't kidnap people, and is so tight knit that Baird would have known if a patrol brought her in. Rogue former COG soldiers would be identified as stranded by default, and if Paduk thought they were still with the COG he'd have been far more angry with Baird's squad: if she'd been 'arrested' for going AWOL, she'd have been executed. I think she and Paduk probably left the COG after such infractions ceased to matter.

The dialogue is open-ended enough that your theory is possible, but I think the locust are the only culprits who make sense in the current context.

Of course the COG
doesn't kidnap people, that's why it must have been former Gears. It's the only obvious reason to why Paduk never wants to see Baird and the rest again. He looks at them all the same, no matter if they are enlisted or not. Especially since he's UIR.

Also, straight from Gearspedia:

...However, while out on patrol one day, several men kidnapped Sofia. Paduk saw the whole thing happen through his scope. He was only able to kill one of the men, who he discovered was a former Gear, seeing the COG tag solidified Paduks' hatred of the COG.

Aske

Of course the COG
doesn't kidnap people, that's why it must have been former Gears. It's the only obvious reason to why Paduk never wants to see Baird and the rest again. He looks at them all the same, no matter if they are enlisted or not. Especially since he's UIR.

Also, straight from Gearspedia:

...However, while out on patrol one day, several men kidnapped Sofia. Paduk saw the whole thing happen through his scope. He was only able to kill one of the men, who he discovered was a former Gear, seeing the COG tag solidified Paduks' hatred of the COG.

What's Gearspedia's source - someone at Epic? Watching it again, it's less cut and dry than I first thought.
The fact that he responds to Baird's "we've all lost people" with the story after saying "planet's ruined, let the grubs have it" would suggest his subtext is "yeah, we've all lost people, but I didn't lose Sophia to locust, I lost her to a bunch of former-COG degenerates." That said, there's a big difference between "he dropped these" COG tags and "I found these on his corpse". The attacker would drop the tags if he'd taken them from Sophia, but he probably wouldn't have dropped his own. So the kidnappers might have been human, but perhaps not explicitly former COG, in which case Paduk would just be expressing general misanthropy - a 'why fight for humanity; when they're as bad as the grubs?' attitude. It's important, because I like to think he's over the knee-jerk anti-COG sentiment by that point: the result of his experiences fighting alongside Baird's squad in Judgment and falling for Sophia in the first place.
Either way, I think you're right about them not being
locust.

Lupin3

What's Gearspedia's source - someone at Epic? Watching it again, it's less cut and dry than I first thought.
The fact that he responds to Baird's "we've all lost people" with the story after saying "planet's ruined, let the grubs have it" would suggest his subtext is "yeah, we've all lost people, but I didn't lose Sophia to locust, I lost her to a bunch of former-COG degenerates." That said, there's a big difference between "he dropped these" COG tags and "I found these on his corpse". The attacker would drop the tags if he'd taken them from Sophia, but he probably wouldn't have dropped his own. So the guys might have been human, but perhaps not explicitly former COG, and Paduk's attitude is just general misanthropy - a 'why fight for humanity; when they're as bad as the grubs?' attitude.
Either way, I think you're right about them not being
locust.

Gearspedia is the go-to place for information on Gears of War. I don't think the info about Sofia would be in multiple articles there if it wasn't correct. To me it's crystal clear though, no matter what the articles say, but no, I haven't heard Epic themselves explain the situation.

Problem is, that if the tags belonged to Sofia, Paduk wouldn't have given them to Baird. Plus they wouldn't be relevant. Of course Sofia had tags, Baird doesn't have to see them in order to understand that she's gone and Paduk's devastated. The tags represent the villain. They represent the COG. They represent Baird and they represent everything Paduk hates. Don't put to much focus on the actual word "dropped" here. The killed kidnapper "dropped" his own tags the same way as all the other Gears on the battlefield. Or Paduk just took them from him.

Sometimes they don't have to spell things out in order to get their message across! I don't think it's supposed to be that complicated! :)

Aske

Problem is, that if the tags belonged to Sofia, Paduk wouldn't have given them to Baird. Plus they wouldn't be relevant. Of course Sofia had tags, Baird doesn't have to see them in order to understand that she's gone and Paduk's devastated. The tags represent the villain. They represent the COG. They represent Baird and they represent everything Paduk hates.

See, I think they could just as easily
represent the finality of Sophia's death. Technically she's MIA, but COG tags in the Gearsverse are almost as good as a body. And Paduk gives them to Baird because that's where they belong: with the tags of the other fallen COG soldiers. Plus, why would he hold onto the tags of the kidnapper?

Sometimes they don't have to spell things out in order to get their message across! I don't think it's supposed to be that complicated! :)

I just wish the Aftermath writers hadn't been so ambitious. The depth of the plot and development of the characters makes the whole thing so nebulous and open to interpretation. I'm pretty sure the whole Lightmass Missile thing is intended to represent Maria losing her mind in the locust labor camp.

Card Boy

Banned
Just clocked the Judgement campaign. Yeah this Gears of War: Bulletstorm edition, not that it's a bad thing. But the campaign is broken up into little sections like Bulletstorm.

From what I played of the Aftermath campaign it feels like traditional Gears of War. I'm going to take a guess and say People Can Fly didn't develop Aftermath?

Lupin3

See, I think they could just as easily
represent the finality of Sophia's death. Technically she's MIA, but COG tags in the Gearsverse are almost as good as a body. And Paduk gives them to Baird because that's where they belong: with the tags of the other fallen COG soldiers. Plus, why would he hold onto the tags of the kidnapper?

If it was
any other than COGs, Paduk would have had no real reason to never want to see Baird and Cole again. I can only see two obvious alternatives here. Either former COGs did it for whatever reason (sexual, or other), or real COG soldiers took her in order to bring her to Azura because of her knowledge.

Why Paduk took the tags doesn't matter. For the sake of the scene in the game, he needed to have them.

Multiplayer looks fun in this game. It sucks that this game has only 4 maps and the cost of the dlc characters are expensive I think. I'll buy this game when it's cheap.

Lupin3

Multiplayer looks fun in this game. It sucks that this game has only 4 maps and the cost of the dlc characters are expensive I think. I'll buy this game when it's cheap.

At least two more maps are coming on april 23 (VIP only). There will be a new map for OverRun as well.

Still, not nearly enough to make it good.

Is this Aftermath campagin DLC?

I just stumbled over this thread and it's kind getting me interested in the game again.

I really enjoy the Gears franchise, but at the moment I just don't have to time to justify buying this game (plus my backlog is waaaay to big as well). But I'm looking forward to some more Gears content at some point. Really enjoyed Gears 3 and its campaign DLC, too.

Card Boy

Banned
Aftermath is goodly, It's clear to me now that People Can Fly didn't make this campaign.

It's actually 5 maps now for TDM (and 4 for Overrun) we got the Haven map acouple weeks ago. There is still 1 more free map coming for TDM.

No. You unlock it by playing the original campaign and collecting stars.

Okay, that's good to know.

What's the consensus on Judgment's campaign, anyway? That reminds me... I still have to play Gears 3's for a second time.

And what about multiplayer? I liked it in Gears 3, but - again - lack of time made me drop it. Halo 4 is pretty much all I play in MP these days.

Card Boy

Banned
What's the consensus on Judgment's campaign, anyway? That reminds me... I still have to play Gears 3's for a second time.

It's very much like Bulletstorm in the sense that it's like 5-10 minute sections. I feel It's more structured towards co-op than previous Gears games (if that makes sense?).

It's a good campaign i liked it.

Lupin3

Okay, that's good to know.

And what about multiplayer? I liked it in Gears 3, but - again - lack of time made me drop it. Halo 4 is pretty much all I play in MP these days.

Personally, I liked the campaign in Judgment. It felt tight, and the declassified missions (difficulty modifiers) was a nice addition.

The multiplayer is a whole other story. Mostly garbage with few modes and redesigned control. They seem to be working hard on it though, so maybe it'll start to shape up soon. But as long as we don't have Gears 3 controls and modes, I'm not playing for the fun of it. It really depends on what my friends are playing at the moment.

It's very much like Bulletstorm in the sense that it's like 5-10 minute sections. I feel It's more structured towards co-op than previous Gears games (if that makes sense?).

It's a good campaign i liked it.

Personally, I liked the campaign in Judgment. It felt tight, and the declassified missions (difficulty modifiers) was a nice addition.

The multiplayer is a whole other story. Mostly garbage with few modes and redesigned control. They seem to be working hard on it though, so maybe it'll start to shape up soon. But as long as we don't have Gears 3 controls and modes, I'm not playing for the fun of it. It really depends on what my friends are playing at the moment.

Thanks. Since I wouldn't be able to dive into the MP anytime soon anyway, this sounds fine to me. But looks like I'll have to bring my co-op buddy along.

Kabuto

The Special Event Playlist with the Gnasher/Rifle loadout is so good and it just feels right. The one weapon/pistol loadout was always one of my main complaints about Judgment. If you guys haven't played it yet, you should.

-PXG-

The Special Event Playlist with the Gnasher/Rifle loadout is so good and it just feels right. The one weapon/pistol loadout was always one of my main complaints about Judgment. If you guys haven't played it yet, you should.

Ehhhhhhhhh.....Maybe

It seldom happens, but have you guys also experienced the slide into cover kinda "timing out", so to speak? As in, if I'm pushing quickly from cover to cover, it seems as if the engine can't handle the speed, resulting in the animation glitching out and your character kinda just shifting into the piece of cover. I've only observed it in MP, so my guess is that it's merely the netcode not being able to keep up; and like I said, it's pretty infrequent, but 'tis annoying.

Lupin3

It seldom happens, but have you guys also experienced the slide into cover kinda "timing out", so to speak? As in, if I'm pushing quickly from cover to cover, it seems as if the engine can't handle the speed, resulting in the animation glitching out and your character kinda just shifting into the piece of cover. I've only observed it in MP, so my guess is that it's merely the netcode not being able to keep up; and like I said, it's pretty infrequent, but 'tis annoying.

Not entirely sure what you mean, but sometimes the sliding into cover fails on me, putting my character aaaaalmost next to the edge of the cover, somewhat rendering him stuck there for a second or two.

ive seen complaints about his on the forums but who knows what EPIC has in store for the next update. on the plus side we're probably going to see the next TU on tuesday.

Jim Brown on EPIC forums said:
- A Title Update is coming soon to address various issues. I'll update this list once that info is released.

Don't remember trying to do the other Gears on insane on my own but its damn hard on this one (to me anyway), loving it though, managed to miss 4 of the Declassified missions so going back to do those as well.

Aske

Thanks. Since I wouldn't be able to dive into the MP anytime soon anyway, this sounds fine to me. But looks like I'll have to bring my co-op buddy along.

The campaign is awesome from a gameplay perspective, and much more like the first Gears. Some have compared it to an extended Horde mode. That's an over-simplification, but not wholly inaccurate, and there are several areas based on defensive, Horde-style gameplay. The game features no gimmicky setpieces, which is good; but it's also much lighter on story and banter than previous games. Aftermath (an unlockable mini-campaign that relates both to Judgment and Gears 3) is more like typical Gears, and could easily have been Gears 3 DLC.

smik

tested it, plays tens times better as everyone expected.

Gears should always be dual primarys & 1 pistol, DBNO needs to come back for TDM as combat is way more varied (Great) and rifle usuage has been bumped up alot (& Great).
if their is one gripe its the combination of Marksa Gnasher, its the best loadout choice by far and will trump a Lancer/HB + Gnasher combo with ease, you can pinn enemies down so easily (Far,Medium & short distances) Players around the map will find it difficult to move (2 hs kill), hence DBNO point as well.

Simple fix would be

Slot 1 Lancer, Hammerburst & Retro
Slot 2 Gnasher, Sawnoff & Marksa

or have it as a pickup in Team Modes only or implement a slight tweak to balance the rifle battles out between Lancer/Retro/HB and Marksa

Also, they need to make these (reverted) changes standard asap across all Team modes whilst leaving FFA with a one weapon primary system, it will make things much better for there respective modes.

you could agrue the point of frags and inks should replace ammo boxes and have them removed from spawning with them on Team Modes, Rifle ammo is now everywhere due to dual primaries and also will lead to players fighting for nade usage which leads to entertaining and balanced gameplay

(uhh, fucking Gears.... really tired of fighting this same old fight with the devs)

tested it, plays tens times better as everyone expected.

Gears should always be dual primarys & 1 pistol, DBNO needs to come back for TDM as combat is way more varied (Great) and rifle usuage has been bumped up alot (& Great).
if their is one gripe its the combination of Marksa Gnasher, its the best loadout choice by far and will trump a Lancer/HB + Gnasher combo with ease, you can pinn enemies down so easily (Far,Medium & short distances) Players around the map will find it difficult to move (2 hs kill), hence DBNO point as well.

Simple fix would be

Slot 1 Lancer, Hammerburst & Retro
Slot 2 Gnasher, Sawnoff & Marksa

or have it as a pickup in Team Modes only or implement a slight tweak to balance the rifle battles out between Lancer/Retro/HB and Marksa

Also, they need to make these (reverted) changes standard asap across all Team modes whilst leaving FFA with a one weapon primary system, it will make things much better for there respective modes.

you could agrue the point of frags and inks should replace ammo boxes and have them removed from spawning with them on Team Modes, Rifle ammo is now everywhere due to dual primaries and also will lead to players fighting for nade usage which leads to entertaining and balanced gameplay

(uhh, fucking Gears.... really tired of fighting this same old fight with the devs)
You have an excellent grasp on what makes Gears MP excellent. Do you ever attempt engage in discourse with the developers? Twitter, Epic forums, etc.

quickwhips

This game is great. I'm sorta sad two piecing is gone. But shotgun punch works just as well. I just though two piecing makes since. If you punch someone before they shoot you they should be stunned. Oh well fuck logic. Jumping off roofs and shotgunning on the way down is so bad ass especially when you score a headshot. I know some wanted Gears 3 again but this in my opinion which doesn't mean much is something unique and I'll always remember it. Even when Gears 4 goes back to being gears 3 with new guns.

zychi

Banned
I just want Gears 3 MP gameplay again. I gave up after two weeks because there was barely anyone on the vip . Execution got added right? Anywhere I can see a list of new stuff?

Any chance they'll make this play closer to the old Gears

quickwhips

You have an excellent grasp on what makes Gears excellent. Do you ever attempt engage in discourse with the developers? Twitter, Epic forums, etc.

I would rather see this in gears 4 then them change the layout for GOWJ. Pistol shotty is fine. Most time people don't use rifles anyways and pistol works just fine. This game got rid of rapid fire controllers for the most part and is the best game ever because of it.

Kabuto

you mean this? It happens to me pretty often too and it's annoying. It's weird because it never happened in any of the old Gears games.

Why aren't Locust in regular matches again, and only in the Overrun type?

the real answer: because Epic/MS are cheap fucks. this way they only had to make CoG assets/skins and get to charge $4 for each armor skin.

the official answer: "people didn't like to play as Locust"

smik

You have an excellent grasp on what makes Gears MP excellent. Do you ever attempt engage in discourse with the developers? Twitter, Epic forums, etc.

thanks Barrow Roll

I place my Feedback here on Gears GAF way more fun & intelligent posting (dat GOW3 thread!), after GOW2's meltdown i stayed far away from EPIC's forums. Played a ton of competitive GOW1 from 06-08 at a high level, those were some great times, GOW1 truly had some great fundamental's mechanics which have evolved and dissolved over time, but damn Gears is instilled in me like muscle memory now lol

the real answer: because Epic/MS are cheap fucks. this way they only had to make CoG assets/skins and get to charge $4 for each armor skin.

the official answer: "people didn't like to play as Locust"

I have no doubt that saving money was a part of it, but I bet that not wanting to play as locust is something they hear a ton. I have heard randoms complain about having to be locust in earlier games.

Started playing the campaign again. I'm not too far and I don't mind the campaign, but can only take it in small bursts. I'm on the 2nd or third chick mission. Btw- the voice actress doing her is terrible in this game (shocked she was liara in ME)

Haven't tried MP in weeks and have been faithfully playing GOW3 almost every night.

Moving back from GOWJ you realize just how nuanced the combat in gears 3 is- all weapons are useful, (almost) all maps are well designed to allow for success with all weapons, and combat rages all over almost every map.

They should DLC in more prestige levels.

Bgamer90

Banned
Finished the campaign. Liked it much better than Gears 3 (especially the final battle, though it was a bit easy; the final battle in Gears 3 was a mess).

Wait. What am I missing? I just see him sliding into the corner????

Every now and then you'll see him slide upright into a corner and fail to 'slam and round it' in typical Gears fashion. It looks janky as all hell; as if the slide animation never initiates, but displacement still occurs.

No matter how fast you snap into cover, as long as you don't wall-bounce, you'll always slam into and round it (albeit very quickly).

It's actually very blatant and completely fucks with movement flow.

thanks Barrow Roll

I place my Feedback here on Gears GAF way more fun & intelligent posting (dat GOW3 thread!), after GOW2's meltdown i stayed far away from EPIC's forums. Played a ton of competitive GOW1 from 06-08 at a high level, those were some great times, GOW1 truly had some great fundamental's mechanics which have evolved and dissolved over time, but damn Gears is instilled in me like muscle memory now lol
Well you certainly have a lot of experience, but I don't think only posting on GAF is right the way to get heard, especially if you're hoping to incite change or provoke thought from the devs. GAF just doesn't have a large fanbase for Gears, or one that cares to participate in the OTs and the community. Gears 3 didn't even pass OT2, whereas Halo is at OT16! And if the community isn't there, I doubt the devs will stick around.

Not too long ago in the Halo OT, one of the members made a huge post about how the Halo brand has been damaged by 4 and it made the rounds on Twitter from professional players to people from 343 Industries. (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52385775&postcount=19025, https://twitter.com/GH057ayame/status/319448126161297408)

That's the kind of attention you need. Even if they stick to their guns for Judgment, they need people like you to challenge their ideas in hopes that things will get better in the future. This all probably seems really odd of me to say, but that thing you said about "really tired of fighting this same old fight with the devs", it just made me think that maybe you're tired of fighting, but perhaps you've been on the wrong battlefield?

mernst23

This all probably seems really odd of me to say, but that thing you said about "really tired of fighting this same old fight with the devs", it just made me think that maybe you're tired of fighting, but perhaps you've been on the wrong battlefield?

The problem is Epic does not view a sequel as a "keep the things that work, change what doesn't" approach. Epic has the worst online implementation strategy when it comes to games. Let's take a look a the biggest offender, the manner in which multiplayer is set up.

Gears 1 was P2P, the biggest complaint was host advantage. This is accepted at the time as a necessary evil for a new IP.

Gears 2 was also P2P, so host advantage is not addressed in the slightest. Now let's add a gimped matchmaking system that apparently cannot queue up 10 players at a time looking for a similar game in a similar area. Then it took them three months just to circumvent using standby mode to ruin room after room, further killing the community. Then began the map packs, which fractured an already smaller community (and made matchmaking even worse, if possible). Finally, almost a year after the game released, did they finally release playlists with some semblance of sanity. (Non DLC, Inidividual DLC Players Choice lists, and a I Have everything list). Add the fact that public rooms could never choose difficulty in Horde. Usually finding good horde people was the result of going into a public horde game, asking people if they had mics and half a brain, creating a party, and recruiting. That's broken, and bad. To be honest, I didn't dislike Gears 2 the game, I hated the online system, which needlessly complicated the most basic of concepts, get me online to play execution. And while i'm on the subject, considering most of my Gears 1 time (hell, a majority of most rooms) were execution matches on Gridlock/War Machine/Fuel Depot/Canals with a 5 second DBNO timer, why did they ever change that. The community spoke, the 5 second timer made the game fast paced. Big deal you downed me, come and finish me off or i'm going to get up and stick a gnasher in your face.

Then along comes Gears 3. And guess what, they finally fixed the host advantage. Sometimes.....if you bought the DLC...and if you noticed they were up.... because EPIC sure as hell wasn't forthcoming about when you were on dedi or on P2P. So host advantage is finally fixed, 6 years later, sort of. Doesn't change them from fracturing the community again (though not nearly as bad as Gears 2) with their DLC. Then started the weapon tweaks to phase out the gnasher (which is a topic that has been harped on endlessly so no point for me to talk about it again). They also do something completely idiotic and piss off the achievement crowd and or migrate them offline to play versus bots to get Seriously 3.0 with the ridiculous onyx medal criteria (that still hasn't been tweaked to something a player who played the game for 5 years online competitively would be able to achieve). I will give them credit for the fact that they finally got to a point where the community found the game enjoyable and balanced. (IE Gnasher not phased out, SOS nerfed, and Rifles being viable support weapons)

But of course, we all know how Judgement turned out. More weapon balance garbage (this shit was fixed in 3, just keep it and balance the new guns). Remove Horde/Warzone/Execution? Seriously? Fuck symmetrical maps and territorial battles, let's add the ability to roll off of buildings but not climb up (who the fuck decided that btw?)

The game made the conscious decision to remove dieing as a penalty. They removed it from most of the scoreboards FFS. Every mode is a respawn game except execution. And even that has a ridiculously short timer. It's really not a surprise. There's no such thing as a clutch moment anymore, what the hell?

How they took a game that was designed around quick gritty battles with precision movements and aiming and turned it into a game where glow in the dark skeleton's and plaid glowy lasers just lancer you from high ground, throw down regen grenades, and come up gnashering you really is a testament to how you can fuck up an amazing concept over seven years. If I wanted a COD clone, I'd play COD. The reason I played Gears is because standoffs were circumventable. Map design made it so if 2 or 3 players wanted to take me out when I was by myself and they didn't break up, I could run away and pot shot one down, and eventually take down the team, or I could attack their weakest front. There's no such thing as planning a mode of attack, it's basically a go off and hope you see someone game now. And why Epic thinks I'd enjoy playing a blind developmentally challenged simulator like this is beyond me. But I get, people are idiots, and they have shorter attention spans, so if every second they have a controller isn't spent firing a gun, obviously something is wrong. But I think i've been burned enough times to know that for the next game (if there even is one at this point), i'm waiting for them to fix their shit and I'm picking it up for clearance rack prices.

TL;DR They are ruining this damn series.

Card Boy

Banned
Finished the campaign. Liked it much better than Gears 3 (especially the final battle, though it was a bit easy; the final battle in Gears 3 was a mess).

The whole down but not out (DBNO) mechanic makes it easy. I play Gears games on Hardcore on the first run since it's the highest difficulty before you unlock Insane, but Gears 3 and Judgement are easy as fuck compared to Gears 1 & 2. Your squadmates rarely die and always manage to revive you.

Top Bottom