• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Judgement |OT| Brothers from the beginning, Bros till the end

malfcn

So not even VIP has dedicated servers? Because that shit is already starting to run poorly. The same tell-tale problems like getting stuck to cover and skipping around is happening. Just like Gears 3, game came out buttery smooth, and getting choppy.

educator

I know this seems like an insane proposal, but does anyone want to run through the survival maps? I think 3-4 people should be able to do it pretty easily on casual. My GT is RockGotham. I'll probably be working on finishing up my cog tag collecting tonight and playing overrun otherwise.

Been thinking the same thing! It's pretty difficult playing a game of survival without anyone communicating. Sometimes I'll be lucky and meet a guy who communicates, but it doesn't really matter when the rest of the team don't.

I'm going away for a short trip today but I'll be back next week. Maybe then we could try to gather a few players from here and try to do them all!

malfcn

Even better.

Another Event related achievement?
You need to play a match on the Special Event playlist.
They change the event every 1-2 weeks, and you need 30 ribbons.
*shakes head*

LQX

Just finished it. Surprised I liked it as much as I did after GoW 2 and 3 kind of wore me out. Good effort though I much preferred the younger years and hate that it ended on a cliffyhanger.

"It's never to hot"....to

GOW-Judgment-MoltenSteelArmor.jpg

GEAR'S OF WAR!

Malo

Banned
Three new maps and a new mode were announced today. It will be available April 23 for season pass holders and the 30th for everyone else. It'll be 1000 allards.

The map pack features a new mode and three new maps. The mode, Master at Arms, is a game type that asks players to score a kill with each of the game's 20 weapons — without using grenades or melee attacks. Blood Drive is set in a hospital, Terminal takes place in a train terminal and Boneyard is a grim site full of hasty burials for the casualties of the war against the Locust. The map pack also comes with six armor and gun skins.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/19/4242282/gears-of-war-judgment-call-to-arms-map-pack-release-date-price

are they honestly reselling a map that was free for GoW 3?

lmao

this fucking game

There is no way they could resell a Gears 3 map. Those map are so flat and lacking in vertical components they wouldnt work at all in GoWJ. They would have to change the maps for sure to get them to work now.

How is that different at all?

Because of the proximity of release.

A lot of people felt that Judgement would have worked better as DLC for GoW3 to begin with so that the additions and community could all stay within one game without being further segmented.

If I buy Halo 3 I don't have an issue with Halo 2 maps being remade for it and sold.

However, if Halo ODST tried to include a Halo 3 Map as paid DLC, I'd have an issue.

Because of the proximity of release.

A lot of people felt that Judgement would have worked better as DLC for GoW3 to begin with so that the additions and community could all stay within one game without being further segmented.

If I buy Halo 3 I don't have an issue with Halo 2 maps being remade for it and sold.

However, if Halo ODST tried to include a Halo 3 Map as paid DLC, I'd have an issue.

People who felt GoWJ should have been an expansion are morons. It is by far the most different of the Gears games, and it would be nuts to have totally different controls on some maps but not others. I cant believe that only numbered entries in a series are allowed to take and modify maps from earlier games. This is a full Gears game and it makes sense for them to take maps from earlier games since they are adding this new vertical mechanic to the maps. BTW ODST did come with Halo 3 maps, which you had to buy if you didnt buy ODST.

ODST came with all new maps including all H3 maps, which is something a lot of GoW3 fans would have liked to see with Judgement. It's not the same thing.

And stop making the Judgement changes out to be some unbelievable new game shit. The game is just a chaotic mess with verticality added a bunch of dumb guns, sticky nades and a new control scheme. There's absolutely nothing there that couldn't be added to GoW3 base in a title update. The fact that a lot of GoW3 maps are flat is irrelevant.

ODST came with all new maps including all H3 maps, which is something a lot of GoW3 fans would have liked to see with Judgement. It's not the same thing.

And stop making the Judgement changes out to be some unbelievable new game shit. The game is just a chaotic mess with verticality added a bunch of dumb guns, sticky nades and a new control scheme. There's absolutely nothing there that couldn't be added to GoW3 base in a title update. The fact that a lot of GoW3 maps are flat is irrelevant.

I really dont see how they could have added all this to Gears 3 with out turning it into GoWJ. The whole point was that they wanted to experiment and try out new things. I cant imagine there has ever been a case of a dev releasing an update for a game changing it this radically. Even if they could have made this a Gears 3 update that would have been a disaster. Look at all the people who post in this thread that they supposedly went back to Gears 3 since they hated the changes to GoWJ, if they had changed Gears 3 then their crying would be a million times worse.

quickwhips

People who felt GoWJ should have been an expansion are morons. It is by far the most different of the Gears games, and it would be nuts to have totally different controls on some maps but not others. I cant believe that only numbered entries in a series are allowed to take and modify maps from earlier games. This is a full Gears game and it makes sense for them to take maps from earlier games since they are adding this new vertical mechanic to the maps. BTW ODST did come with Halo 3 maps, which you had to buy if you didnt buy ODST.

I agree with a lot of what you say. If people wanted to play gears 3 they should just keep playing gears 3. I really like judgement. Sounds like they are adding gun game so I'm ok with that also.

Judgment MP would have been the worst Gears 3 title update ever.

I agree. I would hate for a compny to just decide to drastically change a game that I liked. I love that if I ever want to go back to the old way of playing that option still exists. More options is a good thing.

smik

1000 MSP for 1 new map, 1 remake and 1 I won't play (Overrun). No new characters and FFA mode... Wow.

In a nutshell, yeh. really pathetic.

GOWJ is essentially dead online, this has never happened so soon after release not even on GOW2 did this happen, the content just isnt there.
good on for those few people still sticking through with GOWJ but 400,000+ copys npd sales speaks volumes, word of mouth on this game has
been terrible since its debut.

Majority have spoken,

GOW fans/Gamers didnt purchase, didnt play, didnt like and simply did not support in numbers

GOW fans whether casual or hardcore were not going to support the MP direction out of the gate,
after the dust is settle all thats left is a fractured community (again) some who still want to help (againx3)
to get back on track where they need to be as a base (GOW1/3), with feedback.

Proof is in the pudding
they are already trying revert things back and admitting to mistakes, the new playlist is out
Gnasher Rifle combo default, Complete removal of stims, 3 melee kill, all this is great but it may be to little to late,
these needed to be there right out of the box and the MP design, content needed to be high quality & plentiful.
Gears should always been designed on Team Combat not FFA.

Gears is one of the Greatest MP shooters out there, its just EPIC dont want to embrace it or believe in its own MP product,
their is numerous familiarity/inconsistency problems throughout each release.

GOWJ is essentially dead online, this has never happened so soon after release not even on GOW2 did this happen, the content just isnt there.
good on for those few people still sticking through with GOWJ but 400,000+ copys npd sales speaks volumes, word of mouth on this game has

Majority have spoken,

GOW fans/Gamers didnt purchase, didnt play, didnt like and simply did not support in numbers

GOW fans whether casual or hardcore were not going to support the MP direction out of the gate,
after the dust is settle all thats left is a fractured community (again) some who still want to help (againx3)

Proof is in the pudding
they are already trying revert things back and admitting to mistakes, the new playlist is out
Gnasher Rifle combo default, Complete removal of stims, 3 melee kill, all this is great but it may be to little to late,
these needed to be there right out of the box and the MP design, content needed to be high quality & plentiful.

Gears is one of the Greatest MP shooters out there, its just EPIC dont want to embrace it or believe in its own MP product,

I thought that people in the NPD thread were saying 700k. Gears 3 did 2m its first month in the US and GoWJ did over 1/3. I dont think that is to bad for a non-numbered sequel by a different dev with very little marketing. The number of people only is low for sure though. I hope the game sells well enough for enough of the changes to become part of Gears 4 but we will have to wait and see what kind of legs it has.

quickwhips

Majority have spoken,

Proof is in the pudding

GOWJ is a great game on its own. I respect your opinion but I don't want them to make it like GOW3. I don't care that less people are playing it . No matter what they do now the game isn't going to sell more. Go play GOW3 and let me have GOWJ as it is. The GOW3 and GOW1 community that are hardcore are small also. Why can't I have this unique GOWJ that you don't like and you can have GOW3 or GOW1.

smik

I thought that people in the NPD thread were saying 700k. Gears 3 did 2m its first month in the US and GoWJ did over 1/3. I dont think that is to bad for a non-numbered sequel by a different dev with very little marketing. The number of people only is low for sure though. I hope the game sells well enough for enough of the changes to become part of Gears 4 but we will have to wait and see what kind of legs it has.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/16/gea...tly-underperformed-in-march-new-report-finds/

GI.biz reports that he firm’s latest investor note pegs Judgment’s March sales at 425,000 units, compared to first-month sales of Gears of War 3 at over 2 million copies when it launched in September 2011.

i could be wrong though

GOWJ is a great game on its own. I respect your opinion but I don't want them to make it like GOW3. I don't care that less people are playing it . No matter what they do now the game isn't going to sell more. Go play GOW3 and let me have GOWJ as it is. The GOW3 and GOW1 community that are hardcore are small also. Why can't I have this unique GOWJ that you don't like and you can have GOW3 or GOW1.

Dont ask me

theres a plethora of players having problems with the current game, new players to GOW didnt catch on by the numbers so there kinda scrambling atm to regain some faith

Devs are clearly not happy with where they are right now as far as GOWJ balance is concerned, i agree GOWJ couldnt possibly
bring in more people, the intial launch is where all the chuck of the sales come from. if i have ever learned anything from EPIC over
the years they totally do what the fuck they want, so i wouldn't be to worried with GOWJ.

Did they really make it so you start with two primaries again?

lulz

Halo 4 did the same thing. They added a playlist with no armor abilities or ordnance drops. Devs are always trying to case the biggest crowd they can so I guess if they can add an old school playlist for the people that didnt like those specific changes it doesnt hurt anything. Outside of splitting the playlists more, and those are already so fucking split a few more are not going to hurt much. Hell even the CoD games have a no perks mode, it seems like this it pretty standard for mp shooters.

One month after release and the player count is sad as fuck even at peak times. It will only get worse with more gametypes and DLC only playlists. Lulz

Forza Horizon did the same thing with it's DLC, selling cars we already had in FM 4.

car packs suck anyway unless you get something along side the cars, but yes selling stuff which was in original games blows.

Next up judgement will be selling real locust skins for MP.

FroJay

Banned
Picked up the first 3 Gears games day 1, avoided Judgement as it felt too soon. From all of the backlash I'm glad I did, Gears 3 is a great game online which I'm still playing and their is no reason to downgrade to Judgement. I still see between 3,000 and 5,000 people playing Gears 3 late at night on weekdays so the community is still there.

mernst23

Picked up the first 3 Gears games day 1, avoided Judgement as it felt too soon. From all of the backlash I'm glad I did, Gears 3 is a great game online which I'm still playing and their is no reason to downgrade to Judgement. I still see between 3,000 and 5,000 people playing Gears 3 late at night on weekdays so the community is still there.
360 people were in quick match execution on wednesday night when I was playing. Sad really.

Just finished Aftermath:

So was Sofia killed by COGs? Someone a few pages back just said kidnapped but certainly suggested to me that she was killed. And why would COGs starting kidnapping/killing humans if true? Unless i've missed something

Also I missed the memorial to Loomis, not sure how much have to go back and play it again to see it.

Finished Judgment campaign last night and Aftermath just now.

Fantastic game and the writing was better on this one than it has been in the others. PCF also made the game a lot more fluid than the previous ones which was very nice. But I think if anything they made a mistake putting this on 360, it would have been much better received as a 720 launch title/early game and the extra time would have given them time to add more content.

I found the declassified stuff to be a bit annoying in that you could say yes/no to it, I would rather have had the campaign without it all and then at the end had a campaign where they integrated everything into the story properly (or gave descriptions etc of things to do with weapons to give a better idea of what actually happened), also while Judgment was longer than I thought it was going to be I don't think it was long enough. I suppose Aftermath makes up for that but there we go.

Gears has been one of my favourite series this gen and I enjoyed this one just as much than the others. I hope Epic/MS give it a rest for 3 or so years before coming back with another one thats bigger than what we got in Judgment as an overall package on UE4, give them a chance to come up with something fresh.

I found the declassified stuff to be a bit annoying in that you could say yes/no to it, I would rather have had the campaign without it all and then at the end had a campaign where they integrated everything into the story properly (or gave descriptions etc of things to do with weapons to give a better idea of what actually happened), also while Judgment was longer than I thought it was going to be I don't think it was long enough. I suppose Aftermath makes up for that but there we go.
The one positive to making the declassified challenges an optional yes/no is that I can just decline all of the timed ones. So there's that ;P

I'd kill for a "random" playthrough, where you never know what challenge is going to be applied to each checkpoint. Would also love if they could add some challenges and setups of enemy types and combinations via (free) DLC. Maybe swap out different weekly/monthly challenges. The combat is so damn good and fluid I'd be into it anyway.

Grisby

Just finished Aftermath:
So was Sofia killed by COGs? Someone a few pages back just said kidnapped but certainly suggested to me that she was killed. And why would COGs starting kidnapping/killing humans if true? Unless i've missed something

Also I missed the memorial to Loomis, not sure how much have to go back and play it again to see it.
I think she was
kidnapped by stranded folk, not COG. She's MIA and not necessarily dead. I think that's what Paduk said but it was a bit ago when I finished it.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
are they honestly reselling a map that was free for GoW 3?

lmao

this fucking game

I guess you forgot that Raven Down was a free map that came in a DLC map pack for Gears 3. Oops.

Don't know what you're selectively bitching about anyways, you act like they just can copy-paste the map from a previous game into the newest version even if they didn't make any visual changes whatsoever.

The two primaries is an event that they mentioned they had in the planning since the week of release, regardless the game has been changed plenty since release with server-side changes from community feedback. It's an experimental title, and if people don't dig it, that's on them - they've shown that once you give feedback without sounding like a child, they'll respond to you and put the changes into effect, sometimes in the same day even.

Card Boy

Banned
How do I know what declassified missions I have done? I'm up to Coles testimony and only just got the achievement for 20 (when it should be 21) and Im fairly certain I have done everything so far.

Unless its a bug I have done everything so far. I have 3 stars in everything plus a COG symbol in mission select up to Coles testimony.

How do I know what declassified missions I have done? I'm up to Coles testimony and only just got the achievement for 20 (when it should be 21) and Im fairly certain I have done everything so far.

Unless its a bug I have done everything so far. I have 3 stars in everything plus a COG symbol in mission select up to Coles testimony.
You can go to the Stats and Awards page, then campaign. The last pages, 40-47 or so I believe have that info. It shows you how many stars and if they were declassified. If you see a minus sign, "-", you have not done the declassified yet. This is off the top of my head trying to remember but I am fairly positive it is correct ;)

Card Boy

Banned
Soleno Villa is bugged I have done the mission twice with declassified and its not registering in the stats page.

Edit: Third time done and now working.

Top Bottom