• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- First Gameplay Trailer!

DennisK4 said:

This impressed me the most in the trailer. Movement when running just looks so much more natural and fluid compared to past Bethesda games. Hopefully we can now jump over ankle high objects with this version of Gamebryo.

Bento

DennisK4 said:
The Witcher 2
Skyrim
Mass Effect 3
Dark Souls
Risen 2

Fantastic year for RPGs
Shouldn't you include Drago... I see what you did there :x

Skyrim looks amazing! My current PC should be able to handle it well but I might look into some upgrading this fall to get the most out of the game :eek:)

Zeliard

JoeBoy101 said:
For some games, I can agree with that. But in this case, I think it helped Bethesda. Having to keep somewhere in the realms of working on current consoles meant that more work and resources could be used to refine animation, npc appearance, world creation, art direction etc. They've been able to refine exactly where Oblivion, and even the older ones, were weak in.

Plus those goddamn dragons look SOOOooo awesome.

The ancient dragon language sounds great as well. I loved the part where the character unleashes the dragon shout.

Happens at around 1:08 in the vid, after DRAGON BORN! The character's dragon shout is evoked simultaneously and is identical to the first word the male choir says. So good.

GreekWolf

Interesting that Todd Howard is focusing his time and attention on the 360 version, rather than the PC. I was shocked by that admission in the GI podcast.

Would be phenomenal if the gameplay trailer is predominately console footage. As good as it looks, there are a few key components that make me believe the PC version would be several notches better.

Paches

I have been wanting a game that will push my new PC to the max and hopefully this is it! (Yeah I know, Crysis 2 and all...)

Also, there is something about epic music that gives me chills.

LovingSteam said:
YEP! This truly is looking like THE year of this generation:

Skyrim
Portal 2
Witcher 2
BF3
Red Orchestra 2
Deus Ex
ME3
and more
This year has more games coming out that I want. Way more so than the years past.

Skyrim is looking insane though. So good. Everything from the world itself, the animations, the characters, etc.. look wonderful.

LovingSteam said:
YEP! This truly is looking like THE year of this generation:

Skyrim
Portal 2
Witcher 2
BF3
Red Orchestra 2
Deus Ex
ME3
and more

+ Crysis 2 and Brink. Any others we are forgetting? This is the best year for PC gaming since 2004.

Suairyu

Banned
Who is the "I got paid more than you make in three years of your meaningless life just to do five minutes of voicework at the beginning of the game" actor this time around?

Hanmik

My body was not ready ...

deq5d.jpg

kadotsu said:
Looks good and sounds good. Just needs good VA and quest design to be stellar. I hope the new engine is as modable as their old one. The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Tactics Ogre, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy Type-0, Risen 2, Disgaea 4, Torchlight 2 and maybe Diablo 3 will destroy my life in the upcoming 12 months.

Even with my lack of a good PC, that's too many games.

Goodbye existence; how I knew you.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Zeliard said:
Happens at around 1:08 in the vid, after DRAGON BORN! The character's dragon shout is evoked simultaneously and is identical to the first word the male choir says. So good.
This part makes me so happy inside.

Suairyu said:
Who is the "I got paid more than you make in three years of your meaningless life just to do five minutes of voicework at the beginning of the game" actor this time around?

Max von Sydow

Almighty

DennisK4 said:
The Witcher 2
Skyrim
Mass Effect 3
Dark Souls
Risen 2

Fantastic year for RPGs

Agreed.

Though I personally am going to remain cautiously optimistic about Skyrim. I was extremly hyped for Oblivion and was left disappointed so I am going to have to wait and see on Skyrim. So far graphically it looks very nice so that it a plus for it.

okenny

Banned
Why won't this boner go away?!!

My day has been made and November will be amazing. I've already planned out my vacation the week before and the week of Thanksgiving... I need to put in the PTO and I'm set <3

Dennis

Banned
Bento said:
Shouldn't you include Drago... I see what you did there :x
Actually that was an honest oversight.

If Dragon Age 2 turns out to not quite be the dumbed-down action RPG that it appears to be from the demo, I will absolutely play the shit out of it and it should go on the list.

Durante

Fantastic.

The environments shown already seem 18x more awesome than Oblivion's (and infinitely better than shit mountain). I'm still concerned about them going further down the path of simplification that Daggerfall -> Morrowind -> Oblivion indicated, but I feel like this one could turn out to be a game that's worth playing even unmodded.

Oh, and first person perspective > * for single character RPGs.

JoeBoy101

DennisK4 said:

If that's the actual headbob when running, I'm going to shit myself. Because looking at the gif again. His head is not bobbing, its going side to side like your head would in natural running.

Put it another way, watch that gif and tell me if you can make out when right leg and left leg are going down?

Zeliard

Lyphen said:
This part makes me so happy inside.

I wonder if there are lyrics to that part. I know there are lyrics to the DOVAHKIIN! section, but I don't know about before, when the Morrowind melody starts with the choir.

JoeBoy101 said:
If that's the actual headbob when running, I'm going to shit myself. Because looking at the gif again. His head is not bobbing, its going side to side like your head would in natural running.

Put it another way, watch that gif and tell me if you can make out when right leg and left leg are going down?

I'm sure it is in and I'm sure they specifically included that clip to show it off. Looks really natural.

Zeliard

I <3 Memes said:
I'm sure it is in and I'm sure they specifically included that clip to show it off. Looks really natural.

Logically there seems to be no reason that couldn't have been gameplay. Especially since one of the biggest criticisms leveled at Beth games is the feel of your character sliding across the ground and feeling disconnected from it, damaging immersion.

Remains to be seen, though.

Haunted

The flowing water was the most obvious weakness I noticed, maybe some close-up textures as well.

Models are a million times improved, environment and design were always where Bethesda shined, general epicness of the world seems preserved.

lololol Dragon Age, go fuck yourself.

KKRT00

I <3 Memes said:
+ Crysis 2 and Brink. Any others we are forgetting? This is the best year for PC gaming since 2004.
Many more like Torchlight 2, Shogun 2, Battlefield 3, DNF, Dirt 3, Rage.
Its not even funny how many games coming out this year.

Sadly I can bet that publishers will blame gamers that they dont buy their games and that industry is declining - how is that our fault? ...

Haunted said:
The flowing water was the most obvious weakness I noticed, maybe some close-up textures as well.

Models are a million times improved, environment and design were always where Bethesda shined, general epicness of the world seems preserved.

lololol Dragon Age, go fuck yourself.

Yep.

<3 Bethesda

Jerk

Banned
As New Vegas was the first Fallout I completed, this will be the first Elder Scrolls.

No amount preparation can ready my body.

Top Bottom