• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People are streaming "shows" via PS4 twitch..

9r6ak2o0x

Dudes got a knife.....

If you browse games, you can see there's plenty of streams live. Just some sort of bug with viewing it by top channels.

My live following list was showing up empty as well, but now theres 4 on there, the same 4 that were on there before it went to 0.

What Sony needs to do is disable comments on default.

What Twitch needs to do is enable moderation on the PS4 app. Not sure why they assumed anyone viewing a PS4 stream would be a loving and kind person looking to positively contribute to the stream via chat. Seems like a massive oversight and god awful assumption to make to anyone who knows what the internet is.

How does this help anything? It is like a parental control for young kids to not be creeped on or for friends to be able to hang out without randoms posting vulgar crap. This is a horrible decision by them. I think it would have protected them as a company by offering this option. Need to check out USTREAM

so is there any easy way to find streams on ustream? like i do a search for playstation and i get a bunch of general playstation videos, and if i do a search for playstation playroom theres really nothing. i mean basically on twitch you can click a link for 'the playroom' and you get all the videos that are currently on. ustream just seems to be disorganized.

edit: ahhh http://www.ustream.tv/search?q=THE+PLAYROOM&type=live i see

Looks like they're just automatically closing Playroom streams. I was watching a stream that just popped up, this guy was actually playing the game and they closed his room. lmao

Twitch has the possibility for a huge future if they played their cards right. There is a path here that could lead to them actually taking out youtube. Looks like they either aren't interested or don't see the possibility for it that is staring them right in the face.

@TwitchTV dumbfounded as to why your removed privacy settings I will not allow my kid on there now that I cant access code it for her fam

tweeted these fools

how about people that use abusive language in family settings? This is beyond short sided. Would you rather have people do inappropriate stuff in a private room or people saying vulgar stuff to people in a public room?

Mikey Jr.

God ustream is garbage. The comments stream in so fucking slow to the player.

Fuck, one of my comments didn't even pop up for like 3 minutes. It's messed up.

Brandon & Nicol are on ustream now so it seems a lot of people will try to do talkshows there now. Any word on spartan show continuing on twitch or will twitch block them too?

LAMBO

90% of comments in the Spartan Show are bashing it.

It's the same on any stream, unless you have a pack of very good moderators banning people constantly. Twitch comments (and really comments on any site) are usually disgusting. If you don't have mods 90% of chat becomes ASCII wangs and Hitler faces.

Jal

I put Spartan on to see if he's come up with any content and he's getting rick rolled by telephone lol, what a missed opportunity.

I see that spartan already has resoultion options on his stream, so he's partnered (gets paid when ads roll). Wonder if he has any idea how to roll ads.

reKon

Banned
I basically trolled him on chat saying dark souls is the best fps game ever. Since he called assassins creed an rpg.

He repeated it...proof he doesn't know shit.

Yeah I caught the Assassin's Creed comment. He doesn't seem to know much.

Edit: OK which GAFer is calling him out on the stream right now? Lol...

Top Bottom