• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Teaser for SyFy's Krypton Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Why don't they just make a Superman show?

because people will be confused if Superman is in the movies and on TV at the same time

supposedly

which, by the way, is why anybody who likes Flash shouldn't get all that attached. As soon as they get close to doing that solo movie, I'd expect the CW version to go away.

Or maybe they'll compromise and just kill Barry Allen

Ahasverus

This is a thing? The chronological start of the DCEu will be a Syfy, Goyer series?

I.. can't.

Looks pretty fantastic tbh,

Seesaw15

Question for all the comic readers:

Are there any good series about Pre-Superman Krypton? Why should I care about stuffy space politics?

Now that I think about it, if this goes on for more than one season and follows the Gotham pattern, Nightwing will probably show up at some point. Not Dick Grayson but actual kryptonian Nightwing.

MartyStu

Now that I think about it, if this goes on for more than one season and follows the Gotham pattern, Nightwing will probably show up at some point. Not Dick Grayson but actual kryptonian Nightwing.

Yeah, that would be cool.

Also, this series just looks like some decently produced Sci-Fi in DC drag.

I am down for that if it is actually any good.

Question for all the comic readers:

Are there any good series about Pre-Superman Krypton? Why should I care about stuffy space politics?

252258.jpg

Haven't personally read it myself, but I've seen it recomended a few times

Figboy79

Aftershock LA

Well, yeah, but I meant more than just Flash, Arrow, and Legends. It'd be cool to see more D.C. Heroes in live action. I loved Justice League Unlimited because it actually introduced me to a lot of heroes and villains I never knew about. I want that for the tv and movie stuff.

People herp derping at me about Preacher are missing the point. I want more D.C. stuff in their superhero genres. Introduce viewers to characters not tied to the league or Supes and Bats. I'm with you guys on stuff like Arrow, Flash, and Legends. Sheesh. Wanting more isn't a sin. Also, I hated season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow. It was trash. I haven't seen Season 2 yet, but hopefully it's better. Since I watch the shows on Netflix, I have to wait for the season to end, so I know nothing about the latest seasons of Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, and Legends. I stay away from GAF usually when it comes to shows.

Powerless is mediocre too. I watch it for Puddi and Tudyk, but it's a fairly average show so far (I'm only 5 episodes in). It's not bad or anything, just standard office comedy so far. Hudgens is annoying, but I think that's the point of her character arc right now.

Corpekata

Banned
Looks a lot better art direction and special effects wise than I expected, but idunno. It's pretty fucking hard to make prequels compelling.

Busty

Banned
That looked a lot better than I was expecting. I'm not sure that this will become a regular watch for me but it looks closer to The Expanse than the dozens of interchangeable, bargain basement Canadian fare SyFy usually has.

Evidently WBtv and SyFy are obviously trying to make a real go of this.

Busty

Banned
This is just from a pilot that SyFy hasn't yet ordered to series (officially, at least).

I assumed this was some kind of (leaked?) announcement video. Why else would they cut a trailer like this for a pilot that was still in contention.

I suppose it's possible that SyFy could air this pilot as a backdoor TV movie much like they did with the BSG mini series.

This will be Superman's Gotham.

Doubt it but here's hoping.
Gotham at least deals with relevant supporting characters, the legitimate main character and the city everything revolves around.

Even a Gotham series following the Wayne family in the 1800's would be more relevant imo.

(unless they plug Darkseid and shit lol.)

Pluto

They obviously spend some money making it, it looks good enough but why make a show about Superman's grandpa instead of an actual DC hero? Green Lantern would work as a space based sci-fi show if that's what they want. Another advantage of green lantern, there'd be some color in it!

I just can't get excited for this ... Superman's grandpa, that's as exciting as Batman's cousin.

Ok I KNOW how GAF feels about Man of Steel, but when I first saw it I thought the Krypton stuff at the start was fucking cool as shit. I would totally watch a series of movies based on that world and the antics that led up to its demise. Especially if Michael Shannon is cast as Zod again.

NeonZ

Doubt it but here's hoping.
Gotham at least deals with relevant supporting characters, the legitimate main character and the city everything revolves around.

Even a Gotham series following the Wayne family in the 1800's would be more relevant imo.

(unless they plug Darkseid and shit lol.)

They can throw in Brainiac, and other cosmic villains. Although if it's really DCEU they might get blocked from using some of the bigger names.

Mario007

Well, yeah, but I meant more than just Flash, Arrow, and Legends. It'd be cool to see more D.C. Heroes in live action. I loved Justice League Unlimited because it actually introduced me to a lot of heroes and villains I never knew about. I want that for the tv and movie stuff.

People herp derping at me about Preacher are missing the point. I want more D.C. stuff in their superhero genres. Introduce viewers to characters not tied to the league or Supes and Bats. I'm with you guys on stuff like Arrow, Flash, and Legends. Sheesh. Wanting more isn't a sin. Also, I hated season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow. It was trash. I haven't seen Season 2 yet, but hopefully it's better. Since I watch the shows on Netflix, I have to wait for the season to end, so I know nothing about the latest seasons of Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, and Legends. I stay away from GAF usually when it comes to shows.

Powerless is mediocre too. I watch it for Puddi and Tudyk, but it's a fairly average show so far (I'm only 5 episodes in). It's not bad or anything, just standard office comedy so far. Hudgens is annoying, but I think that's the point of her character arc right now.

Just this season on Arrow you're introduced to:
Mr Terrific
Ragman
Wild Dog
The Vigilante
Artemis
Human Target

...and that's just the "heroes". Most of these are exactly the type of people you're looking for.

ZeroX03

Banned
Effects look good. There's no way they can sustain that beyond the pilot which has twice the budget and production time.

Lead actor doesn't feel very super. Young Superman's grandpa? Feels like young Jor-El and older Seg-El would've been better.

which, by the way, is why anybody who likes Flash shouldn't get all that attached. As soon as they get close to doing that solo movie, I'd expect the CW version to go away.

They aren't cancelling The CW's highest rated show because of a movie. They've known this was coming for years. Get the fuck outta here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom