• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Some nice reaction gifs courtesy of Inuyashiki:

Inuyashiki_One_Piece.gif

Inuyashiki_One_Piece2.gif

Anteater

Nah Luffy is gonna win and Big Mom is gonna end up with a loss this arc, she will fuck up the 4 yonko's power balance after this just like Tomago is worrying about

Nah Luffy is gonna win and Big Mom is gonna end up with a loss this arc, she will fuck up the 4 yonko's power balance after this just like Tomago is worrying about

Nah BM not getting beat this arc .
Plus the power balance going get fuck up with Kaido .
Oda not doing all that setting up for no reason .

Anteater

Nah BM not getting beat this arc .
Plus the power balance going get fuck up with Kaido .
Oda not doing all that setting up for no reason .

She's not but her army will suffer a heavy lost, I'm honestly not expecting a straight strawhats vs BM after this even though everything might be resolved at elbaf

I just have a feeling Sanji's cake will fuck her up mentally because it's so good that affect her appetite where she start fucking more shit up where we're told what actually happened with the Lola deal, especially when Pound is right there

She's not but her army will suffer a heavy lost, I'm honestly not expecting a straight strawhats vs BM after this.

I just have a feeling Sanji's cake will fuck her up mentally because it's so good that affect her appetite where she start fucking more shit up where we're told what actually happened with the Lola deal, especially when Pound is right there
Or his cake completely fixes her eating disorder thereby making big mom an ally.....I’ll leave now Xp

Daingurse

Big Mom is probably going to be somewhat content once she eats that cake. I can't wait to see how she reacts. Especially since she's been in this brainless "NEO" mode for a minute now lol.

LotusHD

Banned
Big Mom is probably going to be somewhat content once she eats that cake. I can't wait to see how she reacts. Especially since she's been in this brainless "NEO" mode for a minute now lol.

Yea it makes very little sense to keep her in an agitated sense, she's been like that long enough, and it doesn't even really make sense for Sanji's cake to do that to her. Also, we literally got foreshadowing for this when Jinbe fed her earlier. She's not going to become even more crazy. The big question is whether she becomes unconscious, or as you said, "content".

And then the even bigger question if she remains awake is how exactly she will respond to the Straw Hats and co.

---

What do you guys think about the theory about Gear 4 having three forms? Boundman, Tankman, and one more form (Think it's usually caled "Jetman") where the haki is more heavily focused on his legs? Though in hindsight, it does kind of sound redundant.

So say big mom is chill after the cake or she’s knocked out whatever y’all cool with the crew letting them go for a truce for now or rioting

^^to your edit I find that weird just his legs? Leaves himself to vulnerable what is he sanji

LotusHD

Banned
So say big mom is chill after the cake or she's knocked out whatever y'all cool with the crew letting them go for a truce for now or rioting

I'd be fucking rioting. The only thing I can currently think that would slightly (emphasis on slightly) alleviate my anger would be if said truce involved one final spin of Big Mom's Roulette Wheel.

But yea, going off of her characterization (Seriously, it is infinitely more in-character for her to want to just simply steal Sanji for herself) thus far, as well as the fact that she is much stronger than Luffy and co. (as well as the fact that Smoothie and several other strong opponents would still remain), meaning she has no reason to do a truce, it is completely nonsensical to me. Unless Oda now wants to say that she's super tired out or something from rampaging, despite her being a freaking Yonko.

Anteater

guys I'm referencing to Big Mom's childhood when she was fed her favorite food until she couldn't control herself and ate everyone near her, I think it's gonna happen again and fuck her up .__.

I'd be fucking rioting. The only thing I can currently think that would slightly (emphasis on slightly) alleviate my anger would be if said truce involved one final spin of Big Mom's Roulette Wheel.

But yea, going off of her characterization (Seriously, it is infinitely more in-character for her to want to just simply steal Sanji for herself) thus far, as well as the fact that she is much stronger than Luffy and co., it is nonsensical to me, unless Oda now wants to say that she's super tired out or something from rampaging, despite her being a freaking Yonko.
I agree it’s just..how do they get outta this luffy is done after this Win or lose to katakuri he should be down for the count ala rob lucci fight. It’s up to jinbe and co to get them outta there but how

LotusHD

Banned
guys I'm referencing to Big Mom's childhood when she was fed her favorite food until she couldn't control herself and ate everyone near her

I doubt Oda will have her repeat her cannibalism in the present day. Just gonna stick with Sanji giving her the "itis", and then presumably the Straw Hats would escape immediately afterwards.

I agree it's just..how do they get outta this luffy is done after this Win or lose to katakuri he should be down for the count ala rob lucci fight. It's up to jinbe and co to get them outta there but how

I don't know, but I don't see why Oda would need to come up with a truce in order to save his life.

Anteater

I doubt Oda will have her repeat her cannibalism in the present day. Just gonna stick with Sanji giving her the "itis", and then presumably the Straw Hats would escape immediately afterwards.

honestly it just doesn't accomplish anything other than knocking her out

Gets her ass out the way the biggest threat there and if katakuri goes down there’s another. Her going on an eating fit doesn’t really affect her crew or the strawhats they aren’t that much weaker where they’ll let her eat them

LotusHD

Banned

Knocking her out is imperative though, because frankly, she is the only one capable of chasing them "to the ends of the world", i.e. Zeus. As soon as I saw Zeus, I pretty much had no choice but to believe in the Cake theory. Knock her out, create some distance between them and her in a way that actually matters this time (RIP Pedro), and worry about the consequences later on. What matters most is escaping right now.

Not to mention we don't even know how long Oda would have her be unconscious. Since it's Sanji baking the cake, it kind of gives Oda full liberty to have her knocked out for quite a long time if he wanted.

Anteater

Gets her ass out the way the biggest threat there and if katakuri goes down there's another. Her going on an eating fit doesn't really affect her crew or the strawhats they aren't that much weaker where they'll let her eat them

her cannibalizing will get her to remember some of her childhood memories and might shred some light to whatever to the whole Loki deal, Pound and Chiffon is right there too, not to mention Pudding who has memory manipulation capability.

We also don't know what happened to the whole Lola marriage stuff, I'm not convinced the giants were making a deal with Big Mom and it was Lola that caused it to fail

LotusHD

Banned
her cannibalizing will get her to remember some of her childhood memories and might shred some light to whatever to the whole Loki deal, Pound and Chiffon is right there too, not to mention Pudding who has memory manipulation capability.

We also don't know what happened to the whole Lola marriage stuff, I'm not convinced the giants were making a deal with Big Mom and it was Lola that caused it

I feel like Pudding's abilities is a much simpler way to get her to remember stuff. She doesn't have to eat people again lol

LotusHD

Banned
She wouldn't ask Pudding about it though because BM just thinks Carmel just disappeared

Well some people are under the impression that Pudding will have some reason to look through BM's memories unprompted, so I dunno, no clue how this will all play out

Ogodei

guys I'm referencing to Big Mom's childhood when she was fed her favorite food until she couldn't control herself and ate everyone near her, I think it's gonna happen again and fuck her up .__.

I doubt this would happen, but it would be an interesting development given my theory that eating DF users is the loophole in how to get around the "only one fruit" rule. Like, she eats Katakuri, Smoothie, Perospero, and Brulee and just becomes an inhuman monster beyond her already immense power, but maybe loses sanity as a part of that, making for an even grander showdown on Elbaf.

I agree Oda's probably not going that way (even the cannibalism outcome for Luffy v Katakuri would be Luffy eating everything but Katakuri's head, then he just recovers himself later by growing his mochi body back).

Ray Down

Banned
What was it

I'll just go over some main stuff with Greg Cake Theory (since it his) along with a bit of others:

1. People always assumed with this there wouldn't be fights, now with this chapter all the parties (maybe not all BMP forces but the strongest ones ie Veterans and Smoothie) are heading to Chocolate Town so there will be fights.

2. Don't know to much with this but the cake baking will not go 100% easy, greg believes the first cake will be destroyed and then thats when the Charlotte family and the cooks all team up together using there powers to get this cake back up as fast as possible.

3. Now that all the forces are on the island there no fast escape and they have to work together, those who can help with the cake stay with Sanji, Pudding and Chiffon and the chefs. While the others do everything in there powers to hold/distract Big Mom till its done.

4. Luffy will feed the Cake to Big mom by delivering it to her via an attack to the face, this is how he will get involved in the finale.

5. Pudding powers will be used to reveal the truth, Greg believes (and I'm sorta in agreement) that Puddings memory powers will play a big role in this finale a power to restore and create memories, remove memories and view other memories in an arc where the main antagonist has no memories of a huge event in there life or even character of a central figure.

6. Big Mom will not return as a straight up antagonist, this is her arc and she will not return as the big bad again by the time this arc is over we could be looking at a good amount of her forces defeated: Katakuri, Cracker, Smoothie (she a woman so who knows), Snack, Dai (since if he is there he fighting Sanji), ministers (we saw Germa beat a few and probably more), etc (including possible Oven and Pero). We will probably not get another arc when her biggest assets (her SC and veterans who are built up to be the strongest and above the rest in her family/pirates) will suffer. Especially after having a huge all out war against currently the strongest Yonko and his forces in Wano.

And this isn't even taking the big idea that greg and others believe with the truth revealed Big Mom will change and there will be some form of truce with the SHP, especially after they just saved all there hides and all of totland (the BMP still don't know Sanji been helping with the cake) along with revealing the truth to BM.

And again this doesn't mean we won't see these guys again, Elbaf (the world strongest nation that not even Yonkos have made a step too conquer unlike Wano) Greg seems to believe that not everything with that Wedding arrangement has been revealed and there just been to much obscurity. Since we will dive deeper more into it there and memory shenanigans (greg seems to have the idea that Lola was not the original bride to Loki, her relationship with Lola, etc) and then there the final war.

I doubt this would happen, but it would be an interesting development given my theory that eating DF users is the loophole in how to get around the "only one fruit" rule. Like, she eats Katakuri, Smoothie, Perospero, and Brulee and just becomes an inhuman monster beyond her already immense power, but maybe loses sanity as a part of that, making for an even grander showdown on Elbaf.

I agree Oda's probably not going that way (even the cannibalism outcome for Luffy v Katakuri would be Luffy eating everything but Katakuri's head, then he just recovers himself later by growing his mochi body back).

This will not happen, Blueno said back in EL that a person that eats two DF will have there body destroyed, Blackbeard is the execption since:
A). We don't know his method of how he holds the two DF.

B). Marco comment which seems to reinforce Bluneo thing about 2 destroying the body, that Teach isn't normal he is different his body is structured unlike anyone else.

Ogodei

This will not happen, Blueno said back in EL that a person that eats two DF will have there body destroyed, Blackbeard is the execption since:
A). We don't know his method of how he holds the two DF.

B). Marco comment which seems to reinforce Bluneo thing about 2 destroying the body, that Teach isn't normal he is different his body is structured unlike anyone else.

The loophole is that you're not eating the fruit, you're eating the person (or part of the person) that ate the fruit. It does an end-run around whatever causes you to blow up from eating two devil fruits.

Ray Down

Banned
The loophole is that you're not eating the fruit, you're eating the person (or part of the person) that ate the fruit. It does an end-run around whatever causes you to blow up from eating two devil fruits.

Naw still don't think so especially with Blueno and Marco establishing that not only having two devil fruits will kill you but the very uniqueness of Blackbeard himself is the only reason why he is able to do this which separates Teach from the other Yonkos.

A lot of that theory seems to allude to a truce/ally style situation by the end of it and man I don't want that

Hey I doubt this thread look forward to Germa being allies and turning good but thats gonna happen :p

Lunar15

I mean, so many villians in the series have become have allied with Luffy and it's a major shounen trope, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Also, while Big Mom wanting Lola to marry Loki is most likely tied to the fact that Big Mom really likes the Giants, I also wouldn't be surprised if another main reason was to get her hands on the Poneglyph which is almost certainly on Elbaf.

Also, I'm waiting for the big shoe to drop, which is that Lola married Lucky Roo, putting Big Mom at odds with Shanks.

Ray Down

Banned
I doubt Lola even married Lucky Roo since the last time we saw her (which was not too long ago in OP time frame) she and her crew where in Water 7 with the Franky family.

Wasn’t it explained in a way that two devils inside you would fight therefore that’s the reason you can’t have two. So in theory no eating someone would still cause you to explode that “devil” is still inside you

Just can’t wait for vegapunk oda said a certain scientist would explain complexity of devil fruits later in the series

Idc about the supernovas or warlords or whatever but I want these yonko to go down screw teaming up. All 4 gotta go down at the very least before the teamup with the strawhats

The strawhats don’t necessarily have to even be the ones to do it. They take out kaido/Blackbeard somebody else deals with shanks and big mom so be it

Top Bottom