• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

butman

Sorry for insisting with the questions but have you played Zelda BotW? how does it run as in resolution and fps?

I didn't installed the emulator yet, that's why i'm asking. And i'm not planning to play BOTW because i finished it on the Wii U console. I'm interesting in playing the other Wii U exclusives like Bayonetta 2 and Super Mario 3D World.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
no matter what i do i just can't get BOTW to run well at all on my PC.

i7-6700K at 4.5GHz, 16GB 2666, GTX 1070 8GB, Windows 10.

tried all the recommended tweaks and stuff but the game stutters and freezes so much it is unplayable. i know it needs to build a shader cache but i've been at it for hours and no sign of improving. also when i go into shrines the FPS hits 60fps making everything run faster. i use rivatuner and people have recommended nvidia inspector but nothing will cap the fps to 30.

i really miss this game and want to be able to play it. maybe i'll just need to go back to the wii u because even that has better performance than i'm getting on PC.

void666

Banned

tried all the recommended tweaks and stuff but the game stutters and freezes so much it is unplayable. i know it needs to build a shader cache but i've been at it for hours and no sign of improving. also when i go into shrines the FPS hits 60fps making everything run faster. i use rivatuner and people have recommended nvidia inspector but nothing will cap the fps to 30.

i really miss this game and want to be able to play it. maybe i'll just need to go back to the wii u because even that has better performance than i'm getting on PC.

I have an i5 4670k 4.4ghz, 16gb ram and a 1080ti. Game is playable. Out there in the wild it usually stays at 30 fps. Certain areas and cities are a shit show though.
I used nvidia inpector to cap the fps. No idea why isn't working for you.
I set vsync to "force on" as well. Don't know if it helps.

By recommended tweaks and stuff, did you mean gpufenceskip hack from the cemuhook?

You don't really need to tinker the settings that much, tbh. What I needed to gain stable 30fps is only the cemuhook hack.

i5-7600, 16GB 2400, GTX 1060 6GB, Windows 10.

I've never noticed any performance increase or decrease in BotW from the 'tweaks' on reddit, so with 1.8.1 I've just gone back to using only Cemuhook and the GPUFenceSkip hack. I also decided to build my own shader cache instead of using one from the subreddit.

Performance is completely acceptable on my i5-4690K 3.5GHz and the only time I notice drops is when a new shader is being cached or if I'm in a town. I'm also using the 5K, no anti-aliasing, and the high res shadow graphics packs and the game looks wonderful.

I should also mention that I'm using G-sync, but I'm not sure how much of an impact it has at 30fps and below. It certainly looks smooth to me most of the time.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
By recommended tweaks and stuff, did you mean gpufenceskip hack from the cemuhook?

You don't really need to tinker the settings that much, tbh. What I needed to gain stable 30fps is only the cemuhook hack.

i5-7600, 16GB 2400, GTX 1060 6GB, Windows 10.

yep used the gpufenceskip hack every time. framerate is better but not anywhere near stable 30fps. it will still drop to about 12fps and freeze for a second or so even after hours of playing. framerate goes to 60fps in menus/shrines even with vsync on and capped in both rivatuner/nvidia inspector.

yep used the gpufenceskip hack every time. framerate is better but not anywhere near stable 30fps. it will still drop to about 12fps and freeze for a second or so even after hours of playing. framerate goes to 60fps in menus/shrines even with vsync on and capped in both rivatuner/nvidia inspector.

Strange.. that's certainly not what I'm experiencing. Try restarting from scratch if you would, delete everything but the game and download the latest cemu and cemuhook. For 30fps on shrines, I only use rivatuner to cap the cemu.exe.

jediyoshi

To clarify, the stutter occurs specifically when you run into something you haven't before and it has to generate the shader right then. It's not doing anything in the background while you're playing, the act of playing and seeing something new is when stutter occurs.

jediyoshi

That's really cool actually. But I use a 360 wired pad :(

c-can you go back to cute anime girl avatars and not scary squiderinos?

:mad:

e9GOx9V.png

jk

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm so glad I waited to play BOW. 1440p with better shaders and frame-rate is divine. This is
why I usually game on PC. Going back and playing older titles with better everything.

jediyoshi

Does this work for the Switch Pro Controller or Steam Controller too or just Dualshock for now?

Just dualshock for now, though the author said they'd be up for the Steam controller if they had one. Amazingly I believe they've said they don't even own a DS4 and had to jury rig a bootleg one as a stand in for testing.

Copper

I'm so glad I waited to play BOW. 1440p with better shaders and frame-rate is divine. This is
why I usually game on PC. Going back and playing older titles with better everything.

Honestly would have a really hard time going back to the switch version.
My only problem is the frequent crashing. Making the Master trials impossible because you can't save during it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Just dualshock for now, though the author said they'd be up for the Steam controller if they had one. Amazingly I believe they've said they don't even own a DS4 and had to jury rig a bootleg one as a stand in for testing.

Man, if Steam controller with motion control would be added I would make another run at Zelda on Cemu.

dsk1210

Not sure what's going on with my Cemu at the moment?

Windows 10 did an update the other day and now the shader caches are taking ages to load up, just like it does the first time, except it does it every time now which is a pain the ass for Zelda that crashes every now and again.

Edit: Deleting precompiled shaders fixed it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. I'm just going to wait a little longer until BOTW and XCX are fully emulated. I want a perfect experience. Both are like 95% good on latest version.

Didn't one of the devs say that crashing in BOTW is because of some desync between CPU and GPU? And that it would half performance to fix it?
So with this limitation there won't be a perfect way to play BOTW with Cemu.

jediyoshi

Cemu 1.8.2 is out for Patrons

http://cemu.info/patreon/changelog/cemu_1_8_2.txt

# Cemu detailed changelog for 1.8.2
# Patreon release date: 2017-07-18
# Public release date: 2017-07-25

general: Any .rpl files placed in cafeLibs/ directory will be loaded instead of the internal HLE modules (experimental feature, no real use yet)
general: Cemu window can now be resized

CPU/JIT: Fixed a bug in recompiler SRWI instruction
CPU/JIT: Fixed a bug that could cause the recompiled code to skip an instruction if the thread was switched between the beginning of a loop and an inlined function
CPU/JIT: Added STBUX instruction to recompiler
CPU/JIT: Several other optimizations for the recompiler:
Use AVX non-destructive 3-operand instructions to optimize some copy operations away
Delay/Avoid endian-swapping between LWZ/STW if the data is not used for any other operation
Generate shorter code for BCTRL, BL, BLR and other far branches (2 instructions, only 1 for far branches with no LR update)
Replace branches with conditional moves (CMOVcc) if possible
Avoid redundant FPR loads and stores
Better detection for situations where x64 flags can be used instead of testing CR bits
Avoid extra work of thread scheduling checks in tight non-infinite loops

coreinit: New API OSTryAcquireSpinLockWithTimeout(), OSSwitchFiberEx(), MCP_Open(), MCP_Close()
coreinit: More accurate emulation of foreground bucket memory and it's subregions
coreinit: FSOpenDir() no longer ignores the current working directory
coreinit: Fixed integer overflow in OSTicksToCalendarTime()

AX: Added AX voice debugger
AX: Fixed biquad filter
AX: New API AXSetVoiceSamplesAddr(), AXSetVoiceLoopOffset()

GX2: Improved detection of changed data for typical screen-size textures in texture cache (fixes softdec videos)
GX2: Fixed invalid GLSL code being generated for 3D texture access with offset
GX2: Fixed bug in indices generation for PRIMITIVE_RECTS
GX2: Fixed a bug where adding entries to a shader cache .bin archive would sometimes have no effect (causing Cemu to recompile the affected shaders everytime)
GX2: Various smaller optimizations throughout the graphic backend (performance gain 1-3%)
GX2: Added support for tileMode filter in graphic packs texture rules (Useful to exclude video frames or other CPU-accessed textures)
GX2: Aspect ratio calculation now uses effective size of texture (after graphic pack rescaling) rather than original size

After playing for a few hours last night, I'd say the emulation is nearly in a state where I could recommend it for first playthroughs of BOTW. The only major issue I think is performance, which, although it maintains a pretty good 27-30 out in the open world, still craters to 20 in several towns, stables, and trees, on my 4670K.

thundr51

Has Bayonetta 2, gotten any better yet? I recently upgraded my GPU, but I remember the slowdown/activation for witchtime was terrible and not sure it'll make a difference yet.

jediyoshi

1.8.2b is out for Patrons, basically fixes Star Fox 0 and Bayonetta 2 crashes

Botw this botw that how is W101 doing on Cemu? Black screen during boot last time I tried.

It's been working for a while now with some blatant shadow issues, the current Cemu 1.8.2 has some big performance benefits for it.

Is Tokyo Mirage Sessions bootable by now?

The compatibility has fluctuated all over the place up to ingame, but nothing remotely playable due to visuals.

Has Bayonetta 2, gotten any better yet? I recently upgraded my GPU, but I remember the slowdown/activation for witchtime was terrible and not sure it'll make a difference yet.

What aspect? The previous Cemu version fixed the crazy sound explosion when it was activated.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
After playing for a few hours last night, I'd say the emulation is nearly in a state where I could recommend it for first playthroughs of BOTW. The only major issue I think is performance, which, although it maintains a pretty good 27-30 out in the open world, still craters to 20 in several towns, stables, and trees, on my 4670K.

To be fair, breath of the wild on Wii U does that too lol.

The first one is coming up at $366 and the second one isn't available at that price. Click to add into cart, and you'll get the message.

I know, that's why I wrote the prices. Since yesterday Amazon has been putting different Video Cards in like "$279.99 New shipped from Amazon" but taking them down in LITERALLY less than a minute. So I have been refreshing like crazy and managed to pre-order those two at those prices so I wanna know which one is better.

Edit: Like right now the one you said it's at $366 is at $299, I don't know what's happening to Amazon but I hope I get it at the price I ordered it!

F34R

I know, that's why I wrote the prices. Since yesterday Amazon has been putting different Video Cards in like "$279.99 New shipped from Amazon" but taking them down in LITERALLY less than a minute. So I have been refreshing like crazy and managed to pre-order those two at those prices so I wanna know which one is better.

Edit: Like right now the one you said it's at $366 is at $299, I don't know what's happening to Amazon but I hope I get it at the price I ordered it!

I still see it at 366... what does your receipt show?

I still see it at 366... what does your receipt show?

I don't know how to put pictures that are from my computer on NeoGAF but I ordered it at the price I mentioned. Like I said, the prices are constantly changing for some reason and when I wrote my response to you it was at $299.99 new shipped and sold by Amazon while the $366 says it's used and sold by amazon warehouse deals.

Just keep searching "GTX 1060 6gb" and click the Amazon Prime check box and you'll probably see some weird price changing. I noticed this happening since yesterday.

Edit: Whelp, talked to a friend and decided on the ASUS.

Top Bottom