• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

Yeah, villages and cities are certainly demanding. The game is hovering at 20-30 fps at Hateno village on my PC, averaging at 25-26.

Texture resolution won't help you much, it only affects your GPU. The emulator is still heavily CPU demanding.

Other than the ground texture glitch after a cutscene, I haven't encountered any other glitches so far. But I have only played for like 5 hours with cemuhook.

Pick a shrine and clear it or fast travel anywhere. Afterwards hop on a horse and run. You will crash within moments. That's 100% repeatable for everyone. You can work through the game. It is far from ideal.

Is there any way to rip the games without installing homebrew on my wiiu?

You don't have to "install" anything, you do however have to run Homebrew via the web browser. Absolutely nothing is permanent if you do it that way and a restart removes the exploit from memory.

Not real sure what the purpose of this is? I can easily show you it happening as well. It didn't happen in 5 minutes. I've lasted 20 minutes before the crash. You will crash though. Without question. That is in the megathread and is recognized by Exzap as an issue. It is one of the reasons people think crashes are random. It is because after you do any fast travel you will crash, eventually.

Pick a shrine and clear it or fast travel anywhere. Afterwards hop on a horse and run. You will crash within moments. That's 100% repeatable for everyone. You can work through the game. It is far from ideal.

Not real sure what the purpose of this is? I can easily show you it happening as well. It didn't happen in 5 minutes. I've lasted 20 minutes before the crash. You will crash though. Without question. That is in the megathread and is recognized by Exzap as an issue. It is one of the reasons people think crashes are random. It is because after you do any fast travel you will crash, eventually.

But how do you hop on a horse right after fast traveling?

Most of the time, my horse is too far and couldn't hear my call. So I usually don't bother to mount after fast traveling.

Other than that, I fast travel a lot and still no crash like what you mention on your second post.

It doesn't have to be right after. It's fast travel when combined with rapid movement. So a paraglider works. Fast travel to a tower hop off and paraglide as far as possible. Then repeat. Eventually you will crash. That is repeatable and acknowledged.

Moments, while not specific, does have a sense of immediacy. So for absolute accuracy, fair enough. It is random and doing those things increases the likelihood.

shanafan

It doesn't have to be right after. It's fast travel when combined with rapid movement. So a paraglider works. Fast travel to a tower hop off and paraglide as far as possible. Then repeat. Eventually you will crash. That is repeatable and acknowledged.

Moments, while not specific, does have a sense of immediacy. So for absolute accuracy, fair enough. It is random and doing those things increases the likelihood.

So, not a horse but a paraglider instead.

This your first time on the internet? I was going to let the first one go, but responding to semantics and a lack of baseline comprehension is meaningless. The internet is built on short prose and then expects baseline comprehension to fill the gaps. Mainly because short responses are typically done on phones with limited time. (Such as work) So when someone says rapid movement in the context of Zelda BOTW they mean all rapid movement which includes, but is not limited to: Horses, paragliding, and a flying machine.

This your first time on the internet? I was going to let the first one go, but responding to semantics and a lack of baseline comprehension is meaningless. The internet is built on short prose and then expects baseline comprehension to fill the gaps. Mainly because short responses are typically done on phones with limited time. (Such as work) So when someone says rapid movement in the context of Zelda BOTW they mean all rapid movement which includes, but is not limited to: Horses, paragliding, and a flying machine.

When talking about emulator bugs, sometimes context means nothing. Crashes can happen because of any number of factors; the way I understood your initial post is that you had to ride a horse to crash the game. Not "any type of rapid movement." You had first mentioned a horse, so we thought it was significant until your recent post.

nkarafo

Ok so there are some applications that you can use to update the games for CEMU but i noticed you can also download the DLCs without any restrictions. My question is, do these files exist in a private server of some sort or do you get them straight from Nintendo? And if you do get them from Nintendo, how come there is no protection? You can just download their DLC packs like that from their own servers?

The thing is, you specifically said that it's far from ideal (the current state of Cemu to play BotW?). And this 100% crash you mention is actually not happening from normal gameplay loop. I mean, why would I want to fast travel, paraglide, only just to fast travel again in normal gameplay?

Also, I've tried doing that earlier, I fast traveled to a shrine near Kakariko village and immediately paraglide down to the village, still no crash. There's only several instances where you can glide right after fast traveling, as not every shrine is on the higher ground. I'm not saying that I don't believe you though. The thing is, even if that crash issue is true, it doesn't make the game unplayable. It's like you really have to try hard to make the game crash from that.

i had been getting decent 20-30fps on earlier versions but this one dropped down to half that. since then i have looked into overclocking. i was running a i5 4690 at 3.5 and have since overclocked to 4.2. so far it is running smoothly and the game is much much faster, back to a playable state (a subjective matter but imo not too slow that it is distracting).

MUnited83

For you.
Ok so there are some applications that you can use to update the games for CEMU but i noticed you can also download the DLCs without any restrictions. My question is, do these files exist in a private server of some sort or do you get them straight from Nintendo? And if you do get them from Nintendo, how come there is no protection? You can just download their DLC packs like that from their own servers?

You get them straight from Nintendo's servers. Nintendo aren't very good at this digital thing so it's fairly trivial. The only thing required is having a valid title ID where it basically gets the "key" needed for the server to allow you to do it.

To do it legally, technically speaking, you have to use your own extracted TitleIDs

spons

You get them straight from Nintendo's servers. Nintendo aren't very good at this digital thing so it's fairly trivial. The only thing required is having a valid title ID where it basically gets the "key" needed for the server to allow you to do it.

To do it legally, technically speaking, you have to use your own extracted TitleIDs

In Nintendo's defense, Sony does the exact same thing. When you've got a license file you can download games, patches and DLC from the PSN servers and decrypt them.

here is something that dramatically boosted my fps, getting 30+ in most areas now, even towns: while trying to tweak Cemu i was told somewhere to open up properties and set it to Compatibility Mode for Windows 7. so i had been just setting that and leaving it. well, turning that off and letting it open up normally (As Administrator) really helped out. if the emulator is running slowly double check to make sure you aren't doing this.

kamikazilucas

Neo Member
so i just got 1.8 and its saying for all of the graphics packs including the ones pre installed that they are outdated, is that a bug or does it mean i have to re enter all the title keys again

kamikazilucas

Neo Member
here is something that dramatically boosted my fps, getting 30+ in most areas now, even towns: while trying to tweak Cemu i was told somewhere to open up properties and set it to Compatibility Mode for Windows 7. so i had been just setting that and leaving it. well, turning that off and letting it open up normally (As Administrator) really helped out. if the emulator is running slowly double check to make sure you aren't doing this.

i did that and im getting 20 with no 30 unless i go into the menu

jediyoshi

so i just got 1.8 and its saying for all of the graphics packs including the ones pre installed that they are outdated, is that a bug or does it mean i have to re enter all the title keys again

Graphics packs are just graphical mods, they don't involve the running of the game or your ability to run them.

jediyoshi

Protip: If your 'compiling cached shaders' screen for Breath of the Wild is taking noticeably longer than before (2x, 3x~ longer), straight up just delete the precompiled shaders file (cemu\shaderCache\precompiled). BotW will probably be your biggest file in there, though the file name matches the directory name for its save game (2912eb2f = US ver).

I'm not big on weird workarounds outside of Cemu, but I'm getting a 2+ minute difference here and it was driving me nuts.

Important, don't delete from your transferable folder.

nkarafo

I only have a bad experience from all graphics packs. In Mario Kart, it removes bloom, In Mario 3D world, it makes some effects look wrong, etc. If you just want a pack that doesn't interfere with particular effects, delete everything in the text file except the first sentence that changes the general resolution.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I only have a bad experience from all graphics packs. In Mario Kart, it removes bloom, In Mario 3D world, it makes some effects look wrong, etc. If you just want a pack that doesn't interfere with particular effects, delete everything in the text file except the first sentence that changes the general resolution.

All of the lines aside from the resolution are fixes implemented to either correct broken effects, or to also enhance the resolution on other lower res elements.

Your recommendation should leave a whole lot more stuff broken.

nkarafo

All of the lines aside from the resolution are fixes implemented to either correct broken effects, or to also enhance the resolution on other lower res elements.

Your recommendation should leave a whole lot more stuff broken.
For me it seems like it fixes things though.

daninthemix

There's an issue where certain sound effects are waaaay too loud and clipped, regardless of the volume setting in Cemu. For example, in NSMBU when Mario gets hit and downgraded, it's enough to blow my speakers.

Is this universal across all games? It's pretty much a deal breaker for me.

jediyoshi

There's an issue where certain sound effects are waaaay too loud and clipped, regardless of the volume setting in Cemu. For example, in NSMBU when Mario gets hit and downgraded, it's enough to blow my speakers.

FFZsevu.png

This is how it should be (and how it is at default), higher and you're going past max volume which is when clipping would mostly occur. Adjust the volume through windows sound mixer if you actually want to adjust it.

FFZsevu.png

This is how it should be (and how it is at default), higher and you're going past max volume which is when clipping would mostly occur. Adjust the volume through windows sound mixer if you actually want to adjust it.

How about the super low BGM sound in Xenoblade X? Is it caused by the same issue?

nkarafo

FFZsevu.png

This default setting is to low though. I have to go up to 60%+ volume on my receiver to be able to have a "normal" experience (not too loud but loud enough to be enjoyable) when other games/apps only need around 30% to cause neighbors to call the police.

Is the WiiU so silent by default then?

daninthemix

FFZsevu.png

You are correct - I lowered it to that level and it stopped all clipping. I'm wondering why they bother including a volume control?

BTW does Cemu now have cheat support? I read something about a memory scanner in 1.8? Will we be able to find and share cheat codes?

Carl7

I7 7700k 4,6ghz and gtx 1080.

Breath of the wild is playable except for some occasional sttuters and random crashes. I also noticed some glitches with rock textures.

Built a new computer so I figured I'd give Cemu a go. I am playing BoTW at 4K and getting a rock solid 30FPS. You do get occasional stutters/freezes as the game caches the shaders, but that lessens the more you play. I just made it to Kakariko Village and the framerate is still holding at a solid 30FPS!

kamikazilucas

Neo Member
it dosent make any sense though cause when i screen cap it and put it in photoshop it says its 1080 but the graphic pack says 4k so it must be broke

kamikazilucas

Neo Member
Built a new computer so I figured I'd give Cemu a go. I am playing BoTW at 4K and getting a rock solid 30FPS. You do get occasional stutters/freezes as the game caches the shaders, but that lessens the more you play. I just made it to Kakariko Village and the framerate is still holding at a solid 30FPS!

im still getting locked 20

jediyoshi

it dosent make any sense though cause when i screen cap it and put it in photoshop it says its 1080 but the graphic pack says 4k so it must be broke

A screencap will only ever capture your monitor's resolution, nothing more. Use shift+print screen to capture the full rendered frame.

BTW does Cemu now have cheat support? I read something about a memory scanner in 1.8? Will we be able to find and share cheat codes?

In a sense since it's built in now, yes. Though at the moment you're better off using cheat engine to modify values if you're really interested.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Hey y'all. I'm modding Smash 4. Any skins that use custom models are all black in game.

Is there any confirmed workaround or solution for this, or naw?

Top Bottom