• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

Vuze

Does anyone else ever see the ground texture in Zelda BOTW get replaced by a checkerboard rainbow pattern? It never happens right away but usually after playing a bit it eventually appears...
It's a known issue, happens after a cutscene plays and can apparently only be fixed by a restart of cemu/the game. If it's not caused by cutscenes in your case, idk.

daninthemix

Anyone else have issues with random sound effects playing way too loud and clipped? One example is when Mario gets hit and downgraded in NSMBU.

Am wondering if this is a new thing or Cemu has always been like this. Seems like the only thing between perfect NSMBU emulation, but it's a pretty annoying bug.

jediyoshi

bVNfbt9.jpg

9pgXfP1.jpg

Seik

Banned
Oh man, I need to try CEMU again, I've been paying 5$ for a couple of months without trying anything...Switch got all my attention. :O

Did the performance get a lot better in the last 2 months?

shanafan

I'm trying to use new shaders with BOTW, but the older shaders keep reappearing in the transferable folder.

I have..

1) Deleted my NVIDIA folder in Roaming, and my precompiled folder.
2) Enabled Shader Cache in NVIDIA settings for Cemu.

I have even tried to rename my new shaders with the older shaders name, but the precompiled folder keeps returning.

I am running Cemu 1.7.5.

Any ideas?

jediyoshi

I'm trying to use new shaders with BOTW, but the older shaders keep reappearing in the transferable folder.

I have..

1) Deleted my NVIDIA folder in Roaming, and my precompiled folder.
2) Enabled Shader Cache in NVIDIA settings for Cemu.

I have even tried to rename my new shaders with the older shaders name, but the precompiled folder keeps returning.

I am running Cemu 1.7.5.

Any ideas?

The shader system has nothing to do with any driver/nvidia settings outside of Cemu.

In your shaderCache folder, open transferable and delete everything, open precompiled and delete everything. Assuming you have new (1.8.0) precompiled shaders from another source, put them in transferable, when you launch Cemu, they'll generate themselves into your precompiled folder. The transferable/precompiled folders and how they work as far as how you manage them is identical to any Cemu <1.8.0 versions.

I played BotW for the first time yesterday with 1.8.0b.

Combined with cemuhook, it's surprisingly run pretty smooth, mostly at 30fps. No glitches nor crashes either. It's only stuttering badly at the start when Cemu is gathering the shaders. Other than that, it's perfectly playable. I'm on i5 7600, gtx 1060 with 16gb ram.

shanafan

The shader system has nothing to do with any driver/nvidia settings outside of Cemu.

In your shaderCache folder, open transferable and delete everything, open precompiled and delete everything. Assuming you have new (1.8.0) precompiled shaders from another source, put them in transferable, when you launch Cemu, they'll generate themselves into your precompiled folder. The transferable/precompiled folders and how they work as far as how you manage them is identical to any Cemu <1.8.0 versions.

Thanks. I decided to update to 1.8.0b and it's compiling new shaders.

Ritzboof

is anyone else having the wacky issue where cemu is going fullscreen on the wrong monitor? with 1.8.0, it seems that instead of fullscreening on the main monitor, it does so on whichever monitor windows considers monitor 1. i couldnt figure this out for the longest time, and it was a huge drag

i was able to fix it by plugging in my monitors differently, so now my main monitor is also monitor 1, but im still not 100% sure how that changed things (i cant get the numbers on two of my monitors to change anymore). beyond that, the only solution i had was to use a program like windowed borderless gaming to change the resolution of the window, but cemu was very uncooperative with it

that 1.8.1 UI though

h0tp0ck3t

Newbie here
After a lengthy (17 hours lol!) disc dump of XCX I finally got this going.

intel i5 2500k 3.3ghz
GTX 970
12gig RAM

Was only getting around 15-17 fps during battles but overclocking the cpu to 3.7 seems to be getting it to around 25 during battles and 30 otherwise

looking good so far can't wait to play this in 1080p!
Edit: Loaded the 4k textures and lower bloom graphics packs too

aravuus

Finally managed to dump and launch Xenoblade... But now I can't set my controller inputs. As soon as I click an input field, it automatically sets it to 'Y rotation-' or something similar. I managed to set A and B and got into the settings menu, but the cursor kept scrolling up, as if I was holding the left stick in an upward position.

Not sure what's going on, cause it (DS4 + DS4Windows with "Hide DS4 controller" option enabled) has worked perfectly for everything else since I uninstalled a weird custom driver that, ironically, created that same holding-up-with-stick problem but with the right stick with Tales of Berseria earlier.

Has anyone had the same problem and managed to fix it? If not, anyone got a X360 controller (it interprets the DS4 as one: http://puu.sh/w8Iz0/a17c3e08ad.png) config file I can try and import?

jediyoshi

Not sure what's going on, cause it (DS4 + DS4Windows with "Hide DS4 controller" option enabled) has worked perfectly for everything else since I uninstalled a weird custom driver that, ironically, created that same holding-up-with-stick problem but with the right stick with Tales of Berseria earlier.

Completely disable DS4Windows. Cemu will still see the controller.

aravuus

Completely disable DS4Windows. Cemu will still see the controller.

I ended up grabbing one of my brother's Xbone controllers, works fine with that. I'll try this when he inevitably comes to steal it back though, so thanks!

I can't believe I'm playing Xenoblade X in 4k lol. I don't think there have been any talk on implementing ways to cheat with cemu any time soon, right? I loved my time with XBX, but it'd be fun to screw around with some cheats on the second playthrough.

e: also another question because I'm woefully uninformed and a real quick search didn't give an answer: the occasional stutters mean it's building the shader cache, am I right? It seems to stutter only for a second or two on certain parts, then never again.

e2: no wait, I guess I could use cheat engine? Oh man, this is going to be great

nkarafo

I played BotW for the first time yesterday with 1.8.0b.

Combined with cemuhook, it's surprisingly run pretty smooth, mostly at 30fps. No glitches nor crashes either. It's only stuttering badly at the start when Cemu is gathering the shaders. Other than that, it's perfectly playable. I'm on i5 7600, gtx 1060 with 16gb ram.
How much faster is the 7600 compared to a 4670?

Also, does Cemuhook make the emulator run faster?

laxu

So what's the state of BotW on CEMU? Does it still crash or is it fully playable albeit with perhaps some dips in fps? Do you still need to use a version before 1.2.0 or something?

I've got a 980 Ti and 6600K @ 4.5 GHz and hope to play it at least in 1440p.

Can you use a Steam Controller or the Switch Pro Controller with it?

So what's the state of BotW on CEMU? Does it still crash or is it fully playable albeit with perhaps some dips in fps? Do you still need to use a version before 1.2.0 or something?

I've got a 980 Ti and 6600K @ 4.5 GHz and hope to play it at least in 1440p.

Can you use a Steam Controller or the Switch Pro Controller with it?

Feel free to crank it up to 4k or higher. There's a lot of room to spare on the GPU end.

If i use cemuhook, do i need to edit the game profile ini and disable GPUFence?

I dunno, but it looks lime what cemuhook offers.

I installed cemuhook from the start and it introduces the GPUfence feature into Cemu.

I think cemuhook is just an easier way to tweak cemu without having to tinker stuff yourself.

nkarafo

I dunno, but it looks lime what cemuhook offers.

I installed cemuhook from the start and it introduces the GPUfence feature into Cemu.

I think cemuhook is just an easier way to tweak cemu without having to tinker stuff yourself.
Just tested it, even with cemuhook, if i don't edit the inis, the game runs at 20fps. Only if i edit the inis it runs at 30, with or without cemuhook.

I didn't see any improvement with cemuhook in general tbh, except for the videos in Mario Kart.

Comandr

Just tested it, even with cemuhook, if i don't edit the inis, the game runs at 20fps. Only if i edit the inis it runs at 30, with or without cemuhook.

I didn't see any improvement with cemuhook in general tbh, except for the videos in Mario Kart.

Included in cemuhook is a new option on your tool bar under options > GX2SetGPUFence Skip. Once that is enabled you shouldn't have to edit any files. That option does the legwork. For Zelda, don't forget to set nvidia (assuming you have nvidia) control panel to adaptive vsync half rate. Otherwise shrines and the menu will be double speed.

Have you checked if your CPU hit the bottleneck while playing?

If it doesn't, maybe you'd want to restart installing everything from scratch.

I never have to tinker any .ini files whatsoever. Just install cemu then cemuhook. I also have cemu manager just for looks.

nkarafo

Included in cemuhook is a new option on your tool bar under options > GX2SetGPUFence Skip. Once that is enabled you shouldn't have to edit any files. That option does the legwork. For Zelda, don't forget to set nvidia (assuming you have nvidia) control panel to adaptive vsync half rate. Otherwise shrines and the menu will be double speed.
Have you checked if your CPU hit the bottleneck while playing?

If it doesn't, maybe you'd want to restart installing everything from scratch.

I never have to tinker any .ini files whatsoever. Just install cemu then cemuhook. I also have cemu manager just for looks.
Ah ok, i didn't see the new option, for some reason i assumed it would just work automatically.

Also yes, i did notice that shrines run in fast forward and 60fps but i used RTSS to cap it to 30 instead since it's far easier and faster to toggle on/off.

I ended up grabbing one of my brother's Xbone controllers, works fine with that. I'll try this when he inevitably comes to steal it back though, so thanks!

I can't believe I'm playing Xenoblade X in 4k lol. I don't think there have been any talk on implementing ways to cheat with cemu any time soon, right? I loved my time with XBX, but it'd be fun to screw around with some cheats on the second playthrough.

e: also another question because I'm woefully uninformed and a real quick search didn't give an answer: the occasional stutters mean it's building the shader cache, am I right? It seems to stutter only for a second or two on certain parts, then never again.

e2: no wait, I guess I could use cheat engine? Oh man, this is going to be great

Indeed you can use cheat engine. In fact give Reddit a quick browse and you'll find the cheat table already there which lets you fully uncensor the game. In addition to getting whatever items and mecha you want.

A quick note on Cemu hook. Cemu hook is for Zelda pretty much exclusively. You can cap most other games without it. XCX is one of those titles and Cemu hook introduces crashes where there otherwise wouldn't be as confirmed by exzap himself.

Blam

Odd I can't run cemu anymore most games just instantly crash when launching or using any 3d elements.

edit: nm i never saw the shader thing on the subreddit.

this emulator is really amazing. the progress they have made is incredible. it is still crashing on me but no big deal since it constantly auto saves. the game is looking really nice.

for some reason it is slowing down for me. i downloaded the public 180b build and played for the first time yesterday and fps was pretty good, close to 30 most of the time, for a good 4 hours. now i am in Hateno village and it is hovering around 8-12 fps. not sure what to do.

is there a way to run this in low res mode? i know there are graphics packs but i haven't gotten those to work, it simply uses a lower res texture but the game is still high res. i would like to run this in 720p if possible just to get max fps.

is there a way to run this in low res mode? i know there are graphics packs but i haven't gotten those to work, it simply uses a lower res texture but the game is still high res. i would like to run this in 720p if possible just to get max fps.
Unless you have a pretty weak or old graphics card, lowering the res will probably do next to nothing.

edit: somehow missed the part where you couldn't get graphics packs to work

~Kinggi~

Banned
So what is the real status right now with game compatibility. Seems to be a variety of games people are posting. Does it play most wii u games at 30 fps?

Thanks. Seems like maybe that is a bit outdated? They list Zelda BOTW as merely 'runs' where people seem to be playing it fine.
Well considering BOTW runs with largely subpar performance, crashes frequently, has numerous graphical glitches, and can't play any of its pre-recorded cutscenes without the aid of a third party dll, "runs" seems like a perfectly acceptable description of it's compatibility with Cemu. Most likely, when the crashing is addressed it will be moved to "Playable" status.

Rufus

Thanks. Seems like maybe that is a bit outdated? They list Zelda BOTW as merely 'runs' where people seem to be playing it fine.
Certainly. Every entry has a date as well. My intent was to show that things are still far from perfect, despite the rapid progress they've made.

Also, I image they only list the satus as they run on stock Cemu, without plugins like Cemuhook and such.

If there's a particular game you're interested in, you're better off googling.

this emulator is really amazing. the progress they have made is incredible. it is still crashing on me but no big deal since it constantly auto saves. the game is looking really nice.

for some reason it is slowing down for me. i downloaded the public 180b build and played for the first time yesterday and fps was pretty good, close to 30 most of the time, for a good 4 hours. now i am in Hateno village and it is hovering around 8-12 fps. not sure what to do.

Yeah, villages and cities are certainly demanding. The game is hovering at 20-30 fps at Hateno village on my PC, averaging at 25-26.

Texture resolution won't help you much, it only affects your GPU. The emulator is still heavily CPU demanding.

Well considering BOTW runs with largely subpar performance, crashes frequently, has numerous graphical glitches, and can't play any of its pre-recorded cutscenes without the aid of a third party dll, "runs" seems like a perfectly acceptable description of it's compatibility with Cemu. Most likely, when the crashing is addressed it will be moved to "Playable" status.

Other than the ground texture glitch after a cutscene, I haven't encountered any other glitches so far. But I have only played for like 5 hours with cemuhook.

jediyoshi

What are your specs? My lowest dips are around 28~ in towns, otherwise traveling around the world has been fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xiq-VDgi_kw

In emulation terms, 'playable' only implies it's able to be completed.

Top Bottom