• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The skies are blue today. Daytona USA coming to XBO via 360 BC.

The 360 takes another step towards my storage area.

Really happy to see this. Just played some, I still sucks at it. I wish Sega would get AM2 port team to port the original Sega Rally.

Synth

Seems the online landscape is dead unfortunately. :( No regrets though, about time I had Daytona in my collection.

Get home, get the game downloaded and jump into multiplayer looking forward to some fucking rolling starts

No. Literally dead. Deserted. Are you fucking joking. This is why the Sega of my childhood are dead

Unfortunately, Daytona USA has a pretty terrible online searching system where you can't see the lobby if people are actually racing... so finding games is difficult even before there are population issues.

I put up an LFG post for it (Gustavo83). If you wanna play, then feel free to join up.

Synth

Yea, there are people playing online. Been playing online for the last hour or so.

You may need to refresh the game search a bit as the lobbies don't show when people are racing, only when they're in the lobby waiting for the next race to start.

Justinh

everytime someone posts "DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
uXDtYK8.gif

this was my reaction when watching that DF Retro video...

Still unsure, but I'll probably end up buying it, and never playing it ever.

Buzzy42

Neo Member
I hope this runs very well, it was already near perfect.

Also, I HATE that I bought all these games on ps3 digital the last few years. DAMN....

Please have a huge and very cheap 360 sale MS

Haha, yeah, the PS3 was my primary platform that generation but I was sure I had picked up all the Sega games on both during various sales. And of course I'm missing Daytona when I go look at the Xbox site. (I can't say I really factored BC into buying decisions although as a 1st gen PS3 owner which at the time played everything Playstation ever made, I figured it was a safer bet going forward!) You win some, you lose some...

Argh! To buy now, or to wait a few weeks to see if there's a sale.... it'd only be the 300th time I've bought this game, or so...

Thank you, Sega and Microsoft!!

Justinh

I never heard of this game, was this game only released in arcades? I only know Outrun from Sega.

I think DF Retro did a great rundown of the different versions of the game for consoles and how most of them didn't stack up to the Arcade version.
V
DF Retro did a segment on Daytona USA for those people who need a video explaining the game's significance: https://youtu.be/Tv_GQNh9D68

Thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1287395

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I forgot how distracting the skyboxes could be in motion. I don't remember noticing them as much in the arcade.

Radiant Silvergun would basically push me over the edge in needing a Xbox One. Ikaruga, Guardian Heroes, NiGHTS, and now Daytona USA are tempting enough but Radiant Silvergun is NOWHERE else to be found other than XBLA.

Thank you Microsoft for making this a valuable purchase when I get around to buying one.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Radiant Silvergun would basically push me over the edge in needing a Xbox One. Ikaruga, Guardian Heroes, and now Daytona USA are tempting enough but Radiant Silvergun is NOWHERE else to be found other than XBLA.

Thank you Microsoft for making this a valuable purchase when I get around to buying one.
i don't like treasure very much but I'd like to see more shmups come to XBO BC for sure.

gelf

Sometimes I think I should get an XBO just for the backwards compatibility. Probably only get Daytona on PS4 if they put it in Yakuza.

If MS ever added OG Xbox support as well and supported the key Sega titles on that I'd probably buy it just as a Sega classics machine.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I don't own an xbox one but congratulations to you guys nonetheless.

Now bring out that damn Daytona 2 and Scud Race collection with up to 120 cars online multiplayer support.

Patrick S.

Banned
I don't own an xbox one but congratulations to you guys nonetheless.

Now bring out that damn Daytona 2 and Scud Race collection with up to 120 cars online multiplayer support.

Daytona 2 and SCUD Race are both worse games than Daytona USA, though.

It surprises me just how many people have never heard of Daytona. You couldn't walk into a arcade or mall in the 90s without hearing that theme song. I still see those arcade machine around. Places like Dave and Busters usually have a row of them going to this day.

Cheddahz

Banned
finally got it downloaded this morning!

*plays normal mode and gets first place* "ok, i'm still good at this"
*plays arcade mode with endurance laps* "damn it, i suck at this"

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I can't distinguish it from the arcade, original or emulated on the Nebula emulator I may or not have played it on. And it has some extra modes.

I have the game on PS3, play it regularly and confirm this. It should also be noted that the force feedback in the PS3 version feels nothing short of orgasmic on a direct drive ffb wheel. Even the arcade cabinet's own ffb wheel by Sega can't compare.

God Bless El Semi. I hope he's doing well :)

Top Bottom