• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The skies are blue today. Daytona USA coming to XBO via 360 BC.

Synth

I purchased the Xbox 360 version maybe two years ago. I still have the same Xbox 360.

How do I get this on my Xbox One S without having to buy it again? (This was a digital-only release, as it was on PSN).

I have totally different Xbox accounts for 360 and Xbox One.,

If someone could tell me how to do this step-by-step, it could save me a lot of time messing with passwords, email confirmation, and Xbox One's cluttered UI.

Thx!

If the account hasn't yet been recovered to your Xbox One, do that first.

Then set your Xbox One as the "home" Xbox for that account in Settings -> Personalisation -> My Home Xbox.

Then go to your Ready to Install list, and Daytona USA should be there.

Download it, and it should be playable with your current main account without requiring the previous account to be sign in anymore.

jelly

Finally, AfterBurner and Outrun next please. Gave my son my Xbox One to install it in his room with the only condition that when Daytona USA, Outrun or Afterburner become backward compatible, he has to put it back in the gaming room. Sucks for him :)

Outrun was delisted but still available to play obviously. Not sure if they would get permission.

Synth

Aha! There he is!

200.gif

jelly

With any digital purchases, so long as you already own it, you can re-download it at any time. There are a few BC titles that aren't available to buy directly through the store that are supported.

I know Forza Horizon disappeared after BC but have any delisted games become BC after being delisted?

breakfuss

MS needs to stop giving us this trash for BC

Who even wanted this game, like sheesh

I'm not going to be as harsh, but yea, I sort of feel like there's some inside joke here with Daytona. All these people clamoring for it and I dont get it lol. Shit was only fun in arcades anyway.

Jazzem

I'm not going to be as harsh, but yea, I sort of feel like there's some inside joke here with Daytona. All these people clamoring for it and I dont get it lol. Shit was only fun in arcades anyway.

It's a fast paced arcade racer with a charming-as-hell aesthetic and spot on handling, what's not to love?

clav

It's a fast paced arcade racer with a charming-as-hell aesthetic and spot on handling, what's not to love?

So the experience is only worth it if you have a wheel setup?

Is there force feedback?

If so, what wheel do you recommend Xbox One owners to buy?

Daytona is more interesting mechanically than OutRun.

I guess on the surface from videos, OutRun is about hitting brake/downshifting and swerving for a couple of seconds where as Daytona looks like it has some curves going on requiring drivers to slow down.

What about SEGA Rally?

Justinh

I've never played Daytona outside of an arcade in those big cockpit machines. Glad it made it over because I know people wanted it.

Personally, I'd rather have some other SEGA games added, but that's life...

Synth

So the experience is only worth it if you have a wheel setup?

Is there force feedback?

If so, what wheel do you recommend Xbox One owners to buy?

It's a great game even with a joypad (so is Outrun 2, but Daytona USA is better!)

I guess on the surface from videos, OutRun is about hitting brake/downshifting and swerving for a couple of seconds.

What about SEGA Rally?

In both Daytona USA and Outrun 2 (especially in Outrun 2's case), there's very little need to use the brakes if you're using manual transmission.

Outrun 2 is mostly a simple case of shifting down one gear to start a drift and then back up quickly to maintain your speed. Daytona USA is similar, but there's more important on which gear you shift to affecting the angle and stability of the drift you make. With a joypad it's recommended that you map the 4 gears to the face buttons, so you can easily select which gear to shift to, rather than relying on sequential shifting.

In both games however, you can simply initiate drifts with the brakes if you're not comfortable with manual shifting. It's both slower and less precise however.

Sega Rally feel entirely different to both, and bares more resemblance to more modern games like Dirt etc in regards to its handling model. The cars in Outrun and Daytona may as well be spaceships concerning their absolutely disregard for how a real car's physics work.

Branson

Playing this game on a wheel was a fun and nostalgic experience. I hope they've kept wheel support in.

Sigh i want a rush game now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I guess on the surface from videos, OutRun is about hitting brake/downshifting and swerving for a couple of seconds where as Daytona looks like it has some curves going on requiring drivers to slow down.

What about SEGA Rally?

If by 'slow down' you mean 'slam it from 4th to 2nd gear and yank the wheel over to drift' then yes

:)

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
while true, and while Daytona is aesthetically strong, the theme of driving a Ferrari cross-contry straight into the horizon goes a really long way for me

OutRun's aesthetics do it many favors, and I do love OutRun, but it is fairly easy and there isn't as much under the hood as there is in Daytona USA. Also you can play Daytona USA against people!

Can the emulation force better texture filtering? The really poor filtering was the only problem I have with the HD version.

Though even if id doesn't I'll still buy the 360 version now, since I doubt Sony will ever move my PS3 version anywhere ;___;

Grabbed it on my lunch break, and no, it doesn't have better filtering.

Still, it's a great game, and I'm glad it's BC now.

Izuna

Banned

How did I miss this? You got the troll on lock, I have to resign.

AmyS

If the account hasn't yet been recovered to your Xbox One, do that first.

Then set your Xbox One as the "home" Xbox for that account in Settings -> Personalisation -> My Home Xbox.

Then go to your Ready to Install list, and Daytona USA should be there.

Download it, and it should be playable with your current main account without requiring the previous account to be sign in anymore.

Thank you very much. Will try this tonight.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I'm confused, is daytona delisted or are people referring to outrun?

RedToad64

It is so nice to finally have this on Xbox One. I was about to pull out my 360 to play some Daytona today, I'm not joking. It is quite the racer.

FinKL

YES YES YES.

LOVED THIS GAME!!!!!

I remember turning it on a few years ago and online being barren though :( It seems all backwards compatible games are graveyards

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i... don't remember this releasing. honestly not sure if i own it or not, lol. will buy tonight if not though :D

P.S. Sega, why are you literally leaving money on the table and not porting arcade perfect (or even better @ 1080p) ports of your arcade titles? especially ones that NEVER released for consoles? pack em together or sell them individually, people will buy.

Get home, get the game downloaded and jump into multiplayer looking forward to some fucking rolling starts

No. Literally dead. Deserted. Are you fucking joking. This is why the Sega of my childhood are dead

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Seems the online landscape is dead unfortunately. :( No regrets though, about time I had Daytona in my collection.

Get home, get the game downloaded and jump into multiplayer looking forward to some fucking rolling starts

No. Literally dead. Deserted. Are you fucking joking. This is why the Sega of my childhood are dead

you guys should coordinate

I'll be on this weekend

I hope this runs very well, it was already near perfect.

Also, I HATE that I bought all these games on ps3 digital the last few years. DAMN....

Please have a huge and very cheap 360 sale MS

Top Bottom