• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Man Magic dropped that shade all over Ice In His Veins DRuss in the presser today.

"D'Angelo is an excellent player," Johnson said, per ESPN.com's Baxter Holmes. "He has the talent to be an All-Star. We want to thank him for what he did for us. But what I needed was a leader. I needed somebody also that can make the other players better and also [somebody] that players want to play with."

That last part lol

FZZ

Banned
Clarkson been tweeting weird shit and he blacked out his whole account on Twitter

Feel like we might get a Clarkson + Deng trade to the Bulls or Knicks

lmao

effzee

Some shit from SAS's ass. Right, some miracle deal where the team (without a GM) gets a deal that lands them all the parts they would want/need. Riiiiiiiiiight.

GTFOOH, SAS.

I still need to know what, who, and how it would have worked. Involved SAS as well.

And while I don't take his opinions seriously, he does have inside information when it comes to players he is close to, in this case Melo.

Anth0ny

i9DwQAw_d.jpg

I miss 2003 fashion

Clarkson been tweeting weird shit and he blacked out his whole account on Twitter

Feel like we might get a Clarkson + Deng trade to the Bulls or Knicks

lmao

Clarkson is not nearly good enough to package with Deng's contract.

Best bet would be to keep JC, hope playing with Lonzo inflates his performance/stats and flip him next offseason for a draft pick to shed his salary if they really want to be players in the '18 offseason.

Furyous

That seems like a reach but ok.

Anyway speaking of Stephen A...I caught a portion of his radio show today and he was just wrapping up a segment about a supposed 5 team trade where Cavs would get Melo and PG.

Anyone know what the whole supposed deal was?

What was the trade scenario he mentioned and who did the Cavs give up?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I think this is by default the best off-season Hornets have ever had. Got a decent center in Dwight, got rid of that albatross of a contract Plumlee had, & got what might be the steal of the draft. Damn good week.

ryseing

"D'Angelo is an excellent player," Johnson said, per ESPN.com's Baxter Holmes. "He has the talent to be an All-Star. We want to thank him for what he did for us. But what I needed was a leader. I needed somebody also that can make the other players better and also [somebody] that players want to play with."

That last part lol

Hey man, people hate snitches.

I think this is by default the best off-season Hornets have ever had. Got a decent center in Dwight, got rid of that albatross of a contract Plumlee had, & got what might be the steal of the draft. Damn good week.

In Cliff I trust. Plus Carolina and Duke should be relatively down this year so maybe people will turn to the Hornets for their fix.

Never gonna happen

Tommy DJ

lmao Lamarcus Aldridge is busy deleting any mention of the Spurs from his social media. The man seriously went back to delete a 2015 (Two Thousand and Fifteen) tweet about him going back to Texas.

Yeah, the dude definitely isn't going to be a Spur soon.

Rvaan

Banned
Imagine being so bad, the Spurs of all teams can't get you to improve your shooting skills.

Imagine also being so childish that you want out of a place that has the best 2 way player in the game, best coach in the game, and has had like 3 bad seasons in your lifetime.
If you can't make it work in SA's culture where the hell are you going to make it work?

Dragun619

lmao Lamarcus Aldridge is busy deleting any mention of the Spurs from his social media. The man seriously went back to delete a 2015 (Two Thousand and Fifteen) tweet about him going back to Texas.

Man, I honestly don't get what led to this. I mean, we got 2 60+ win seasons and a western conference finals appearance. And dude ain't happy, Wtf?

If he wants to be traded then alright, but I don't see why you gotta go and do all that shit. smh.

Tough to say that because they're the Spurs and they're not morons, but I'd be okay with a buy low trade for LMAo.

Duxxy3

oh my god if he did this in boston that might be the worst way to endear yourself to a fanbase

If Tatum did that in Boston, the Celtics would be forced to release him.

edit: Maybe it's nothing, but something about Jackson strikes me as odd.

What was the trade scenario he mentioned and who did the Cavs give up?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. All I heard was 5 teams and Melo and PG ending up in Cleveland
For Cleveland to absorb Anthony you would have to move JR, Shump, Frye unless you can find someone interested in Thompson's unmovable contract.

Then you would need to sign and trade Paul for Love I guess.

So you would need to find two teams interested in giving NY the equivalent of JR, Shump and Frye's expiring.

NOP takes Shump and Philly takes the veteran leadership of JR then NY receives Asik, Okafor, Frye with whatever picks need to be distributed to make these teams agree to this shit.

Tommy DJ

Man, I honestly don't get what led to this. I mean, we got 2 60+ win seasons and a western conference finals appearance. And dude ain't happy, Wtf?

If he wants to be traded then alright, but I don't see why you gotta go and do all that shit. smh.

I figure there's an attitude clash over there. I remember he had attitude issues in Portland when he was no longer the undisputed first option. Unfortunately for Aldridge, he couldn't have predicted that Kawhi Leonard would go from a 15PPG player to a 30PPG in only two years.

So about the Kings trading #10 for #15 and #20. Bill Simmons was really negative on it. And I don't really like the move either, I'd probably have taken Monk if I were the Kings.

Regardless, there is maybe a little bit of sense with the move. The Kings need as many darts as they can get to try and hit a bullseye. And the Giles pick is exactly that. If he can stay healthy, he could be a game changer.

But what I don't get is drafting Justin Jackson at #15. He probably has a high floor, should be an okay rotation player at worst, but his ceiling seems pretty low. Why not take a project like Justin Patton there? He may be boom or bust, but booms are what the Kings need, they can fill in rotation players later.

So about the Kings trading #10 for #15 and #20. Bill Simmons was really negative on it. And I don't really like the move either, I'd probably have taken Monk if I were the Kings.

Regardless, there is maybe a little bit of sense with the move. The Kings need as many darts as they can get to try and hit a bullseye. And the Giles pick is exactly that. If he can stay healthy, he could be a game changer.

But what I don't get is drafting Justin Jackson at #15. He probably has a high floor, should be an okay rotation player at worst, but his ceiling seems pretty low. Why not take a project like Justin Patton there? He may be boom or bust, but booms are what the Kings need, they can fill in rotation players later.

Simmons' bases that opinion on the fact that he talked himself into believing that Monk is the next Steph Curry. He legit said that Monk's worst case scenario is a "better Lou Williams", which begs the question, if he's that great why didn't he want the Celtics to take him at 3?

Top Bottom