• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Zaverious

HR is barely a mentor to Barry so it wouldn't have much impact. Heck has HR even had one of those scenes where someone speaks to Barry in private about his problems every episode?

Nabs

This seriously better be the best reveal ever.

Even if they do land it, they still have a low tier season 3 to deal with.

Thankfully, Arrow and Legends have been on point.

There is one, one other person that we are entirely forgetting..... Hunter Zolomon. I'm not saying it'll make any sense but I wouldn't put it past the writers to allow Zolomon back into the picture. Something something Time Wraiths something something Time Remnant(s) something something bargaining with the Speed Force.

ZeroX03

Banned
There is one, one other person that we are entirely forgetting..... Hunter Zolomon. I'm not saying it'll make any sense but I wouldn't put it past the writers to allow Zolomon back into the picture. Something something Time Wraiths something something Time Remnant(s) something something bargaining with the Speed Force.

Teddy Sears is on another show

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I do think something is up with HR. The conversation about his date didn't really feel organic...it's hard for me to articulate. Seemed suspicious.

My theory: H.R. is actually Earth 19s Thawne. Their Thawne went back in time, stole H.R's identity so he could crossover when Team Flash looked for a new Wells. He knew that Gypsy would come after him if he just went to another world normally​, but being a Wells meant Team Flash would protect him. Why is this new Thawne crossing over? To get away from the Black Flash that is chasing him cause he's a time remnant. It's all so simple, the clues have been right there the whole time.

Teddy Sears is on another show

Speed Force shenanigans allows a different actor to play Zolomon. There. Solved it. Been trapped for so long, his appearance changed.

It's not going to be HR. But if there is a 1% chance that Savitar is HR I wouldn't drop the show. I will tolerate the writing to see Speed Force shenanigans, the Rogues, etc.

ZeroX03

Banned
I do think something is up with HR. The conversation about his date didn't really feel organic...it's hard for me to articulate. Seemed suspicious.

Nothing about HR feels organic. That's his thing. He's on a completely different wavelength to everyone, and it seems that's not really an Earth-19 thing considering Gypsy is relatively normal. HR is a loon. It's why he's great.

Speed Force shenanigans allows a different actor to play Zolomon. There. Solved it. Been trapped for so long, his appearance changed.

It's not going to be HR. But if there is a 1% chance that Savitar is HR I wouldn't drop the show. I will tolerate the writing to see Speed Force shenanigans, the Rogues, etc.

Say no to recasting

Really liked the episode, mostly because Abra Kadabra was a fun, hammy villain. I want season one fun Flash back. Seasoned one was great because Reverse Flash was a threat and menacing, and yet the show was still fun with him in the background. I feel like Abra Kadabra or The Rogues as a season long villain hamming it up without the ever present threat of "someone important is gonna die" would be great. I loved Flash because it was light-hearted with fun premises - it's turned dour with the whole Iris-is-gonna-die plotlines and sucking the life out of the show.

Honestly kinda wish the Legion of Doom would set up shop in regular 2017, mess with Flash and Arrow recurringly(secretly and not so secretly) then decide to jump worlds.
And then Legends crosses over with the different worlds we have seen as well as new worlds for the majority of the season.
Earth 2, Supergirl's, etc.

carlsojo

Savitar is HR. No one else calls Wally Wallace. SAVITAR, GOD OF SPEED is totally something a writer from another universe would come up with too.

It could just be that Wally eventually stops going by Wally and people know him as Wallace. I mean, at this rate he's going to be a grown man calling himself Wally and Kid Flash. Gotta grow up sometime.

carlsojo

Oh man I had no idea Tobin Bell (Jigsaw from Saw) voiced Savitar. That's fucking awesome. Just like Candyman voicing Zoom last season!

If HR is Savitar, the one on the team wouldn't actually be Savitar yet, right? So Savitar insulting the "coward" HR makes sense.

Salamando

Savitar knows he kills Iris. Future Flash must know that too. And yet, Future-Flash still saw fit to lock him somewhere that allows him to fulfill his Iris-killing destiny. Is that about right?

So much about Savitar's timeline makes no sense to me, and I expect the explanation to be just "cus Flashpoint".

carlsojo

Savitar knows he kills Iris. Future Flash must know that too. And yet, Future-Flash still saw fit to lock him somewhere that allows him to fulfill his Iris-killing destiny. Is that about right?

So much about Savitar's timeline makes no sense to me, and I expect the explanation to be just "cus Flashpoint".

Kind of. Original Barry imprisoned Savitar sometime in the far future into the Speedforce. When Prime Barry went back and created Flashpoint, Savitar observed Wally becoming the
gullible
Kid Flash. This gave him the idea to make Prime Wally into a speedster so that he could goad him into taking his place in the Speedforce.

Original Barry had no idea Savitar could do this, because in his timeline Iris is still alive and they are married.

But why is HR on the roof, aiming at Savitar in the future? Or is he aiming at BA?

Savitar is Tom Cavanaugh.

As in actually Tom Cavanaugh, the actor. He's trying to take over the whole of the Flash multiverse as he consists of nearly 50% of it's characters, and his acting creations must stop him.

Zen Aku

Savitar is Tom Cavanaugh.

As in actually Tom Cavanaugh, the actor. He's trying to take over the whole of the Flash multiverse as he consists of nearly 50% of it's characters, and his acting creations must stop him.

Savitar is Tom Cavanaugh as in he's trying to kill all the alternate universe Wells so in the end he'll be the only Wells, with all the powers.
07d8205279f013955ecda6f9da693af3.jpg

carlsojo

But why is HR on the roof, aiming at Savitar in the future? Or is he aiming at BA?

That's Harry from Earth 2. He did a couple of stakeouts on Zoom back in S2 with a similar looking rifle. He loves that rifle. HR probably doesn't even know how to aim a gun.

Well shit guys, HR is Savitar. GAF done figured it out!

Yeah..... When HR pat Crisco on the back during the last episode, Crisco seemed to have paused just a bit. It kind of looked like he had a vibe but then decided not to act on it. Those two will interact more and Crisco is going to find out something he never wanted to find out.

HR's sexual encounter with the woman he mentioned. One of many encounters that HR will mention in intense detail for his new novel: Savitar, the God of Speed™. A erotic novel based on a man who goes through many, many sexual relationships in the speed of light.

Blader

I'm usually pretty forgiving of this show when others have not been in the last two years, but this last ep stood out to me as pretty bad.

Was Cisco really giving Gypsy the cold shoulder at the end because she had a boyfriend three years ago? :lol

Also, goddamn, Julian got blown up three separate times without so much as a scratch.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm usually pretty forgiving of this show when others have not been in the last two years, but this last ep stood out to me as pretty bad.

Was Cisco really giving Gypsy the cold shoulder at the end because she had a boyfriend three years ago? :lol

Also, goddamn, Julian got blown up three separate times without so much as a scratch.

I think the reason was because of her taking Abra Kadabra back instead of them getting the information about Savitar from him.

tci

What is it with CW shows that it seem to scale back on the heroes abilities unless there is a need for the hero to perform well?

The chase scene with the ship was so unnecessary. Almost laughable. The only good thing was Flash actually doing something at the end of it. Both Kid Flash and Flash could have done that within 10s of the ship appearing. Also really silly to see them speed by cars and humans in "slowmo" compared to their actual speed.

This is the reason I stopped watching both Arrow and Supergirl. And this might be my last season of The Flash.

The writing is awful. Acting is really all over the place. Cisco is the only really consistent one. In some parts really good.

The show have lost its wonder it had in S1. What made it was the way it managed to show progression. Now it is holding back on that to show something just for the sake of it. The writers have very little imagination and don't take the show any further. Really sad to see this happening once again.

What is it with CW shows that it seem to scale back on the heroes abilities unless there is a need for the hero to perform well?

The chase scene with the ship was so unnecessary. Almost laughable. The only good thing was Flash actually doing something at the end of it. Both Kid Flash and Flash could have done that within 10s of the ship appearing. Also really silly to see them speed by cars and humans in "slowmo" compared to their actual speed.

This is the reason I stopped watching both Arrow and Supergirl. And this might be my last season of The Flash.

The writing is awful. Acting is really all over the place. Cisco is the only really consistent one. In some parts really good.

The show have lost its wonder it had in S1. What made it was the way it managed to show progression. Now it is holding back on that to show something just for the sake of it. The writers have very little imagination and don't take the show any further. Really sad to see this happening once again.

You've probably already figured it out but..... Their full potential, like nearly anything involving powers, only comes out during certain events.

You would expect Future Barry to be super fast, right? Faster than Savitar. Things should nearly always be in slow motion or frozen to him. We saw that during the opening of one of the episodes this season. Barry was thinking and moving his fingers slightly while everybody in STAR Labs was frozen in time.

We also don't know if Barry and co. needs momentum and acceleration. One moment they don't and the next moment they do. We saw during the crossover that a P90's bullet was fired (P90 fires really fast with a fast velocity to boot), Barry grabbed the bullet and everybody was frozen!

The writers need to be consistent with how they write his powers. Does he need momentum and acceleration or does he not? He's been mentioned to be Mach 13 (or whatever the fan calcs are right now). How is a time ship faster than Barry? Even with all the zig zagging around, that shouldn't bring his speed down that much that he is struggling to catch a ship....

Barry runs like mach 2 to 3.

Lol. That's probably correct. His peak and most powerful, when he goes all out, is probably Mach 10-500 or something. To be able to have everybody, including bullets fired from a P90, Uzi, MP7 frozen in time (ok in slow mo) though? Yeah. Ok Barry. Your top speed is not Mach 10-13, lol.

The best thing he and Kara has done was save people from all over the US within minutes (probably) of an Alien invasion. That is way, way faster than Mach 3-13.

tci

You've probably already figured it out but..... Their full potential, like nearly anything involving powers, only comes out during certain events.
Of course that is how it should be. But that doesn't mean they have to be slower than a spaceship or a damn car in between. Remember the chase of Flash and Kid flash a few episodes ago. They running behind a car while being shot at. Like, a few seconds and they could have taken them all out, put handcuffs in them, put them in jail and be back at Star Labs.
You would expect Future Barry to be super fast, right? Faster than Savitar. Things should nearly always be in slow motion or frozen to him. We saw that during the opening of one of the episodes this season. Barry was thinking and moving his fingers slightly while everybody in STAR Labs was frozen in time.
By no means do I expect that. Not at least until Barry have fully matured and developed. But that doesn't mean he can't outsmart him. What I want is the show to be consistent and progressively increase their power. And maybe actually use their brains at times.
We also don't know if Barry and co. needs momentum and acceleration. One moment they don't and the next moment they do. We saw during the crossover that a P90's bullet was fired (P90 fires really fast with a fast velocity to boot), Barry grabbed the bullet and everybody was frozen!

The writers need to be consistent with how they write his powers. Does he need momentum and acceleration or does he not? He's been mentioned to be Mach 13 (or whatever the fan calcs are right now). How is a time ship faster than Barry? Even with all the zig zagging around, that shouldn't bring his speed down that much that he is struggling to catch a ship....
Exactly. Be consistent and make sense of their power and terms of learning their abilities.

This show have dropped the ball too many times already. It is like they just want drama to hide their lack of ideas. When a couple of speedsters team up, I would expect them to push each others powers to the next level. To learn from each other. There have not been a proper episode of this at all. Just a few scenes where Barry needs to learn Kid Flash or Jesse quickly at a crucial time.

What I want is a build up throughout the season where you can see progression in the people there. There is no payoff. That is why it is so inconsistence right now. Suddenly there are scenes where Flash just knows what to do, or does something powerful. And that with no real progression in the show.

Hope some of that makes sense. I am not good at explaining at times. I just really wish this show can save itself. I will hold off my judgment until the season finale on if I will continue watching it or not. As of now that is very unlikely.

i-Lo

So I have always wondered if the other speedsters were technically faster than Barry (like Reverse Flash and Zoom) why is Barry the only one who can screw around with time travel so easily?

Also, unless Savitar requires Barry for something that directly affects in him becoming who he is, I fail to see why he is currently keeping his distance from him now only to kill Iris West in the near future when he can get over with it now. And even then won't the speed force reapers attack Savitar?

But the question that perplexes me most is how Savitar says that he's about become who is "very soon" to the present Barry but the magician guy says that he was the first person to become a speedster?

Top Bottom