• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

Since you guys are on the topic of Grant Morrison, I have a question: Is his run on Batman and Robin good enough to be worth dropping $60-70 for the Absolute collection? I'm knee deep in his Batman run, just finished R.I.P. and will continue from there.

Acid08

Banned
Since you guys are on the topic of Grant Morrison, I have a question: Is his run on Batman and Robin good enough to be worth dropping $60-70 for the Absolute collection? I'm knee deep in his Batman run, just finished R.I.P. and will continue from there.

I feel like the consensus of this thread is that B&R is the best part of his run.

No love for Secret Avengers #1? I think the issue was very good.

I liked the first issue and I hope Spencer can keep up the momentum. He recently did a Q&A on the CBR forums and it seems like he has long term plans that could turn out to be great.

I also had no idea that Daisy Johnson was the Director of SHIELD.

3ONPnxF.png

- J - D -

Cool. I've heard good things about B&R but I'm hoping that it'll be an improvement over his immediately preceding work on the character. I don't think I so much enjoyed reading Batman & Son, Black Glove, and R.I.P. as perhaps rather merely appreciated Morrison for being incredibly studious of Batman history.

Also it's fucking weird at times, even with the Black Casebook absorbed fully in my mind prior to reading any of this. God, that was a slog. 50's era Batman comics. Never again.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
How much is the New X-Men Omnibus?

If you aren't against digital comics, you could split your money between Comixology (for newer stuff) and Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited. MDCU has over 10k Marvel back issues, including all of New X-Men. Not a lot on there from the second half of 2011 to present, but it is great for older stuff.

The price is $10/month or $60/year. If you use the code below, you can get an annual sub for $48. Basically the price of one $3.99 comic a month.

COMEBACK3

http://marvel.com/comics/unlimited

It's about $75 online. I'm all digital now for floppies (except for Archie). I just made the change. I'm still going to buy trades and hardcovers though. Thanks for the idea, I didn't think that New Xmen would be on that service. I subscribed right when it came out but not since then.

Can you read MDCU on a MacBook Air or does the flash thing interfere?

kswiston

Marvel is really good right now. It makes me really worried that Age of Ultron is going to ruin everything.

Age of Ultron is only being released because it was Bendis' pet project that was originally passed over for AvX. From what we have seen, it has minor implications for other titles. There are a few stand alone tie in issues, but that is about it. It won't be like past crossovers where some books are stuck in tie-in mode for 3-6 issues.

Infinity on the other hand may be a different matter.

Troll

Banned
Age of Ultron is only being released because it was Bendis' pet project that was originally passed over for AvX. From what we have seen, it has minor implications for other titles. There are a few stand alone tie in issues, but that is about it. It won't be like past crossovers where some books are stuck in tie-in mode for 3-6 issues.

Infinity on the other hand may be a different matter.

Do we know if the Infinity issues will have the same structuring as the AU issues? That would be amazing.

Rich updated his GL rumor: Tomasi is apparently taking over the main book, and Fialkov will be on GLC and Red Lanterns. Both of these make more sense, especially since Fialkov had previously said he had two books in the works that were connected.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/15/green-lantern-rumours-the-morning-after/

Hopefully the rainbow lantern party is finally over and we get some actual space cop action, with the better characters from other corps occasionally showing up instead of ALL RAINBOW, ALL THE TIIIIME.

tim1138

Hopefully the rainbow lantern party is finally over and we get some actual space cop action, with the better characters from other corps occasionally showing up instead of ALL RAINBOW, ALL THE TIIIIME.

I would guess you'll still get rest of the Corps in New Guardians, since that's the point of the book.

tim1138

Tomasi makes sense. But Fialkov is definitely an interesting one. Wouldn't mind seeing what he'd do with Red Lanterns.

Yeah, you keep a sense of familiarity on the main book, and let the new guys run on the side books and see how it sticks. I hope Vendetti gets New Guardians.

-Cwalat-

Hey guys, i'm a noob comic book reader. I love the batman novels.

Was wondering if i could get some advice on which comic books i should get if i'm interested in the "Death of the family" story.

JJD

This might be a little late for Valentine's Day but it's just adorable...

original.jpg

I love how it seems that Scott is blasting DC in the back! Lol!

8bit

Knows the Score
I would guess they'll be like the Ultron ones, ie extra out of sequence issues but with ∞ symbols instead of numbering.

Retrocide

I liked the first issue and I hope Spencer can keep up the momentum. He recently did a Q&A on the CBR forums and it seems like he has long term plans that could turn out to be great.

I also had no idea that Daisy Johnson was the Director of SHIELD.

3ONPnxF.png

Daisy was named Director of the reconstituted SHIELD at the end of the series "Secret Warriors".

Acid08

Banned
Hey guys, i'm a noob comic book reader. I love the batman novels.

Was wondering if i could get some advice on which comic books i should get if i'm interested in the "Death of the family" story.
Batman 13-17 are the main issues of that arc. Pretty much all the other Bat books have tie-ins too if you're interested.

8bit

Knows the Score
I sent Rich a tip on his section about Johns launching a Stargirl ongoing in June. Lets see if it gets a message.

I made up a lot of nonsense and sent it to him a few years ago and he posted it in Lying in the Gutters. Now that I think about it, it might have formed the basis for the new 52.

Dysun

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
you guys are thinking about this too simply....

it probably means hes dropping the robin moniker rather than getting offed. i dont think DC would be that foolish as to kill him off outside a major event.

Considering Morrison take is the only one I have liked on the character I'm ok with it.

Edit seems the covers are ligit. Rich is saying the same dude spoiled ASM 700 as well

ElNarez

Banned
Why are we being all hush-hush about a fucking cover? Seriously, what's the big deal? You guys are LITERALLY JUDGING A BOOK BY ITS COVER. Speculation isn't spoilers. Namasté.

I still trust Morrison but I sincerely hope this isn't what some people are speculating... that
to prevent the apocalyptic future we've seen, Bruce either kills Damien or allows him to die.
I mean, the guy
won't off a clown but he'll do his own son
?

That's bull.

ElNarez

Banned
Who cares? The more stuff that is spoiler tagged, the better.

Fuck no. What's the point of discussion if we can't discuss shit? Fuck spoiler tags on fucking covers, fuck spoiler tags on comics on the day they're released, fuck a third thing fuck I only really have two grievances.

Owzers

You can discuss something without spoiling everything. If you want to discuss all the spoilery stuff, use spoiler tags. O_____O Covers aren't really spoilers, and they tend to misdirect anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom