• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

saelz8

Space Marine is visceral as hell. I don't think I've played a game that more made me feel like I'm slaughtering fools.

Ooh I've got another one; GFWL Marketplace.

Me a few days ago said:
Apparently I own all the DLC, fucked if I know how to get it in the game though! Oh I'll wander into this room in my sanctuary, there we are. Oh now GFWL overlay is up and going on about points. Oh zero points, that's nice. Oh I need to launch the full client to see my download queue, okay that's annoying but sure. Maybe I'll browse the rest of the DLC here since that in-game UI is awful. Oh right, GWFL Marketplace is in limbo right now so I can't do that.

Maybe I'll play something else.

Chesskid1

Banned
Space Marine is visceral as hell. I don't think I've played a game that more made me feel like I'm slaughtering fools.

damn you! i was resisting, this put me over the top and i just got it as well. never played a warhammer game before :D oh and had a like $4 credit just asking to be spent at GMG.

id be all over saints row 3 for $15 deal as well, but damn the DLC/season pass thing really annoys me, so at least i'm resisting something, but i've bought so many other games with lots of DLC. idk.

Alright PC GAF,

Instead of making a brand new (and useless) thread I decided to ask here. I have been trying to game and beat games like crazy since school is around the corner. I finished Limbo, Jamestown, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Dead Space 2 over this small break. And I am ready to tackle another game and here are my choices and I am sure I cannot lose because they all seem like great games.

Aquaria
Deus Ex: Revolution
Assassins Creed 2
Bastion
Darksiders
Gemini Rue
Portal 2

Thanks GAF :D

MRORANGE

Relic has mastered the art of british orks.

There better be some bower hats DLC coming soon :|

Alright PC GAF,

Instead of making a brand new (and useless) thread I decided to ask here. I have been trying to game and beat games like crazy since school is around the corner. I finished Limbo, Jamestown, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Dead Space 2 over this small break. And I am ready to tackle another game and here are my choices and I am sure I cannot lose because they all seem like great games.

Portal 2

Portal 2!

Nabs

Alright PC GAF,

Aquaria
Assassins Creed 2
Bastion
Darksiders
Gemini Rue
Portal 2

Portal 2 is a good pick. It's great and won't take very long. Try and do the co-op if you get a chance.

Relax.MX

Alright PC GAF,

Aquaria
Assassins Creed 2
Bastion
Darksiders
Gemini Rue
Portal 2

Portal 2 with a friend...and play one of the best coop ever

Alright PC GAF,

Aquaria
Assassins Creed 2
Bastion
Darksiders
Gemini Rue
Portal 2

Portal 2 or Darksiders.

Edit: Didn't see Bastion on that list at first. Some of the best 5-6 hours you will spend. Beat it in an afternoon then move on to Portal 2.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yep, you are going to play Portal 2 next. It's a must play and it's only several hours long, depending on how much of a dummy you are.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Alright PC GAF,

Aquaria
Assassins Creed 2
Bastion
Darksiders
Gemini Rue
Portal 2

Portal 2 is the best game on that list, so save it for the finale. I'd start with the smaller games, such as Bastion, and gradually move to the larger/longer games.

My vote on that list goes to Bastion. All the GOTY awards are a bit much but it's a really enjoyable game to play, and might even make you think.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yes Fable 3 hate. Yessss.

Worst. Game. Ever.

EVER.

FUCKING. E V E R.

A R G H

horsecrap2pjp4.png

No the gaming media isn't paid off. Nooooo, of course not. It's totally fucking legit when the WORST GAME EVER gets a fucking 80.

Turfster

2nd EDIT: And that solved Jack. Even though I downloaded a little bit after verifying the cache, same thing. Hangs after 2 minutes of the DirectX bullshit.

Most Steamworks titles redownload the main exe after cache verification with a new key or whatever the hell those few changes in the exe file are.

PC GAF is awesome. :)

JaceC makes a point. Portal 2 is obviously the best game in my list, so I might as well hold off plus nobody to co op with.

1. Bastion
2. Portal 2
3. Deus Ex: Revolution
4. Assassins Creed 2
5. Darksiders

Thanks again.

MNC

PC GAF is awesome. :)

JaceC makes a point. Portal 2 is obviously the best game in my list, so I might as well hold off plus nobody to co op with.

1. Bastion
2. Portal 2
3. Deus Ex: Revolution
4. Assassins Creed 2
5. Darksiders

Thanks again.

Oh how I long for such a short backlog.

MRORANGE

I wonder how EA feels about the fact that linking to Origin is now a meme?

It just considers that person who visited the link are active members and adds it to it's 5 million active members it already has.

edit: (looks like I have Far Cry 2, going to give it away here later on)

NBtoaster

Whenever Fable 3 goes on sale I regret not picking it up for $12 or whatever. But that video, showing the sanctuary, co op, farting, combat...seems like I'll wait until it's 2.50, if only because it seems nice to look at.

dLMN8R

NOOOO

My categories are GONE. FUCK. Any emergency plans? :(

What exactly did you do before losing categories?

This happened to me too recently, and the only thing I can think that could have caused it is this:

1) Sign in using computer A
2) Sign in using computer B (A gets kicked off)
3) Go back to computer A later, do not log in. Close steam without entering password instead of logging back in

Any chance you did the same thing?

Chesskid1

Banned
alice:madness returns, bastion, bulletstorm, warhammer 40k, deus ex:HR, psychonauts are my main priorities right now.

not bad :D don't think i should start anymore till i beat one of em. those are some amazing games i heard so shouldn't be too much of a problem to play em.

Card Boy

Banned
So. Fable III is a bad game?

Weather he is a douche or not, watch that Angry Joe video i posted and draw your own conclusions. Some of the design decisions in that made my jaw literally drop to the floor.

This isn't showing my RPG backlog. *cries*

Indeed.

Still got Skyrim (currently playing), Witcher 2, 2 Drakkensag games, Last Remnant, Divinity 2: Dragon Age Saga, Dragon Age Ulitmate, Two Worlds 2, Borderlands, EYE, Fable 1, Fallout NV (with DLC), Jade Empire, KOTOR, HOMM Clash of Heroes, Risen, Vampire TM to get through.

I made progress on Witcher 2, Last Remant, Borderlands, Dragon Age and KOTOR. I usally get half way through an RPG and give up.

Blizzard

Banned
Categories seem to vanish for people every so often. I think there's a system set up where every time someone asks about Episode 3, a random Steam user gets their categories erased out of spite.

Oreoleo

id be all over saints row 3 for $15 deal as well, but damn the DLC/season pass thing really annoys me, so at least i'm resisting something, but i've bought so many other games with lots of DLC. idk.

Where in god's name are you seeing SR3 for $15? Or are you just being hypothetical?

Des0lar

will learn eventually
What exactly did you do before losing categories?

This happened to me too recently, and the only thing I can think that could have caused it is this:

1) Sign in using computer A
2) Sign in using computer B (A gets kicked off)
3) Go back to computer A later, do not log in. Close steam without entering password instead of logging back in

Any chance you did the same thing?

Could be it. Gottamn. Oh well, at least I can look at my pretty backlog even more now.

So its good then? But bad? Is it so bad its fun like DNF because thats a bad I can actually deal with.

I dunno man, at least with Duke the combat had some really fun moments. Also I can't recommend in good conscience a game which contains progress-blocking bugs. A PC game, which contains progress-blocking bugs which you can't remove with user patches, or edit your save, or enter a console command to bypass. Just let that sink in for a moment.

so what does that mean? it's a good game? and a bad game?

at the same time?

Schrodinger's Game Review?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom