• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

shermas

The planetary materials are a joke. On this we can agree... The amount of rep that you earn when you turn them in is just enough so Bungie can lols, right?

Although, because each planet has a green and blue version (dusklight shard and dusklight crystal, for example), I'm secretly hoping for another materials grind for exotic swords.

Prestige Leviathan done

DMkFjdDUEAEaNRR.jpg:large

Man, people are so corny in this game lmao. Running around with Nightstalker on, just crouching corners with Quickfang to pad out their KD.

Unrelated but Uriel’s Gift needs to be reeled back or everything else needs a buff because it bothers the shit out of me that that thing is a top 5, maybe even 3 gun for how utterly lazy you can be with using it.

Little rant incoming.

This games PvP is so bad solo. Who was asking for 4v4 and a more team focused game again? I was booing at my monitor when they announced this shit at E3.

Not being able to pick which mode you want to play is so dumb. I was having so much fun this IB because I at least knew what to expect mode wise. I've had game sessions where I've play supremacy 10x in a row. Legit worst mode in the game. Emperor's respite is flat out broken on control. If your team spawns on C you might as well quit the game.

Last hope needs a range nerf, invis hunter needs to not get rid of aim assist. Invis hunters not coming out of invis when shot has to be a bug right? Sword ammo needs to be reduced to at least 4, or better yet just take swords out all together! (yeah right) I've seen so many players just hiding and running around with it for half of the game. Thanks to the higher health you can't really do much even if a sword user is mid range. Better hope he's running at all of you like a idiot out in the open and not crouched/invis behind cover or in a corner!

I really like this games PvP but it's so unfun to play sometimes. The usual lag and dumb spawns/spawn camping seem so much worse now. The overall weapon balance is great. Just so much potential. It could be amazing but right now it's decent at best. The highs are okay, but the lows are so crushingly low.

/rant

Sometimes I feel like a crazy person for thinking the PVP is largely fine

I win about as often as I lose, I die to all kinds of weapons, classes and abilities, I enjoy every mode except the bomb one, I rarely feel like the game is fucking me over

It doesn't have the progression hooks of a CoD or intensity of a TLOU to keep me playing outside of the challenges/milestones, but still. Maybe its much worse in Competetive, I play Quickplay exclusively outside of Trials/Iron Banner.

Guppeth

I win about as often as I lose, I die to all kinds of weapons, classes and abilities, I enjoy every mode except the bomb one, I rarely feel like the game is fucking me over

It doesn't have the progression hooks of a CoD or intensity of a TLOU to keep me playing outside of the challenges/milestones, but still. Maybe its much worse in Competetive, I play Quickplay exclusively outside of Trials/Iron Banner.
I feel the same way, plus I like the bomb one and I always play Competitive. Some times we get crushed by excellent teams and cheap tactics, and sometimes we’re the ones doing the crushing, and sometimes it’s really close and exciting and I do something heroic and we win and I’m like YEAH I LOVE DESTINY AND VIDEOGAMES.

Guppeth

DIM now displays user ratings for all the guns. I like it. I pulled all the 4-5* guns out of my vault and I'm going to take them for a spin. I've been throwing everything into storage because I find the number of weapons so overwhelming, so finding out that I have 20 guns that people love, that I've never even fired, has inspired me to experiment a bit more.

Edit: it's just in the beta for now.
https://beta.destinyitemmanager.com

You guys must play with pretty good teammates most of the time. I get constantly put in games against full teams with high K/Ds all the time when playing solo. This game is all about communication and playing with a group of randos who don't talk makes for a frustrating experience. I would play with my clan but they're not around all the time. Getting team shot to hell and back when all you want to do is finish the milestone or the daily challenges is meh. Almost every single game feels sweaty as hell without a group.

Bold One

Should have stayed 6 v 6 with an option of 4 v 4.

that was my most unwanted and disappointing announcement at the reveal. If youre going to cut the player count to make it more competitive, make it 60fps with dedis, otherwise wtf are you doing?

Xur:

Sweet business
Raiden flux
Doom fang
Winter's guile
Thankyouoffice.gif

Now once I pick up Sweet Biz I’m pretty sure barring the prospector I have every exotic gun in the game, at least anything I care to use or try to get, sorry ain’t gonna do the raid for the dumb shotgun.

Just need one 300 piece on each of my characters too to finally hit 305. Will probably goof for kicks for a bit longer after that but I think it’s time for me to go back to Overwatch unless the season thing turns out to be a big deal tomorrow.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Thankyouoffice.gif

Now once I pick up Sweet Biz I'm pretty sure barring the prospector I have every exotic gun in the game, at least anything I care to use or try to get, sorry ain't gonna do the raid for the dumb shotgun.

Just need one 300 piece on each of my characters too to finally hit 305. Will probably goof for kicks for a bit longer after that but I think it's time for me to go back to Overwatch unless the season thing turns out to be a big deal tomorrow.

The raid isn't even the hardest part of getting Legend of Acrius. The strike you have to do after it is fucking MURDER. It acts like a prestige NF but you only have 8 minutes to do the whole thing.

The raid isn't even the hardest part of getting Legend of Acrius. The strike you have to do after it is fucking MURDER. It acts like a prestige NF but you only have 8 minutes to do the whole thing.

Arms dealer prestige for Acrius is pretty easy, the Anomalies give you plenty of time. Best run we had about 9 minutes to spare after killing the boss.

Wootball

It's really not difficult. The strike automatically gives you an extra 3 or 4 minutes in the middle. The prestige Nightfalls are much harder.

Hugstable

Banned

All the people you turn tokens into have reputation levels?! I never see anything mentioned about levels in game :(. Does anythinf change in what they give you as they go higher?

I'm at leve 173 and no antiope. I just settled for the sondok for now. Same gun really.

Is Antiope that submachine gun? Is there something special about it? I got 2 of them before but I dislike subbies so much that I think I may have used them for shards.

noomi

Sweet business? nice. Got the prospector earlier this week and the sweet business is the last exotic weapon I needed.

Got 'em all.

Now time to do it all again on PC

All the people you turn tokens into have reputation levels?! I never see anything mentioned about levels in game :(. Does anythinf change in what they give you as they go higher?

As far as i know, that number is not your "level" with the vendors per se, it´s just the number of engrams that you received from them.

Scary thought, if my math is correct, my Antiope cost me around 5070 shards* /ಠ_ಠ/ /ಠ_ಠ/ /ಠ_ಠ/

*Edit: materials, not shards

Kaibutsu

I didn't do a lot of the raids in Destiny 1 so I don't know how quickly this became a thing, but I feel like difficulty level and par time to complete the Destiny 2 raid has dropped a lot quicker than I expected. At least for me anyway. I've completed the raid three times now, the first time I had to do it over three sessions that roughly lasted about 7 hours total. The 2nd time it took about 4 1/2 hours with half a group that had not done it before. We did it last night with an all veteran group and it took us 2 1/2 hours and we could have done it in less than 2 if not for a bunch of weird glitches in the Calus fight. My question to the Destiny 1 raid vets, was this a case with Vault of Glass, etc? After doing those raids twice did everyone pretty much have them down so they could just fly through?

edit: I thought about it and i really answered my own question I guess. This raid is heavily dependent on knowing how the mechanics work in each section of the raid. After that each part can be done in literal minutes. The banner parts all combined were probably the longest part of the raid for us last night (outside of a long calus fight) so if you skip those you could probably knock at least another 30 minutes off. I don't remember this being the case with the Destiny 1 raids, i thought it was more of a git gud thing?

edit2: Looking at the raid report website it looks like last night's raid only took 2 hours 4 minutes so without the calus glitches we could have probably done it in like 1 hour 40 minutes. seems pretty damn good to me

Zakalwe

Banned
Solo Q is fine if you don't try to run around hoping to blitz like you could in D1.

Of course you'll get instances of leavers, stacked teams, etc... but overall you follow the same rules as with a group: follow your team, don't rush, play it cool.

I hated D2 pvp at launch, now I think it's great. The real problem is the bare bones suite. Two playlists and occasional pvp isn't enough.

Dammit Xur. I just got sweet business and winter's guile, and the other two are campaign mission rewards.

Sweet business and winter's guile are very cool exotics though, so everyone should get those.
It's nice to set up a rally barricade at the edge of a public event and just hose down everything with sweet business like you're that guy in Predator. Bonus points when other people join you at the barricade and start adding to the insane firepower.

I hear it does insane DPS on Callus too, so long as you hold on to enough primary ammo.

I'll need to get involved in some raids soon. Unfortunately my time zone and my kids make it difficult to get on the GAF raids. I've joined a few LFG groups on the app to try and get a cheeky Callus kill for the milestone, but never got very far since someone always has no idea what to do. At least it's good practice though.

ch4fx_

Thanks for the run! Got really close their at the end haha

Our runs somehow got progressively WORSE last nigh, lol. They all eventually ended well, so that's what counts. Don't be a stranger!

Thank you so much Ch4fx and Tacoz for the easy Prestige Nightfall (My first) and my Rat King Nightfall run both tonight. You guys are awesome. I was trying to do my little pew pew pew as much as possible 😂😂 Thanks a million!

Glad we were able to get both of them done last night. The first pNF was a total fail, but we all got our act together the next time & smashed it. Super smooth, thanks for joining up & running them with us! We're always (well, "usually") around, so don't hesitate to ask if you need/want to do something.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Still looking for a couple more Guardians for the below Newbie Raid:

So far The Friday night (PS4) Newb Raid (10pm EST) looks like: *full*

Sherpa:
- CarbonFire
- sephi22

Newbs:
- Griffy-
- Deadly Cyclone (psn?)
- Mairu
- Wolffen

PSN name is DeadlyCyclone (no space). Go ahead and add me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I didn't do a lot of the raids in Destiny 1 so I don't know how quickly this became a thing, but I feel like difficulty level and par time to complete the Destiny 2 raid has dropped a lot quicker than I expected. At least for me anyway. I've completed the raid three times now, the first time I had to do it over three sessions that roughly lasted about 7 hours total. The 2nd time it took about 4 1/2 hours with half a group that had not done it before. We did it last night with an all veteran group and it took us 2 1/2 hours and we could have done it in less than 2 if not for a bunch of weird glitches in the Calus fight. My question to the Destiny 1 raid vets, was this a case with Vault of Glass, etc? After doing those raids twice did everyone pretty much have them down so they could just fly through?

edit: I thought about it and i really answered my own question I guess. This raid is heavily dependent on knowing how the mechanics work in each section of the raid that each part can be done in literal minutes. The banner parts all combined were probably the longest part of the raid for us last night (outside of a long calus fight) so if you skip those you could probably knock at least another 30 minutes off. I don't remember this being the case with the Destiny 1 raids, i thought it was more of a git gud thing?

Once you know the mechanics all the raids are super easy, even the hard versions.

None of the gear or even the emblem looks nice. yuck

Is the new skin for the Acrius cool looking? Trying to decide if I want to go for it or just delete the space eating quest in my inventory. I'm happy with the shotgun as is after unlocking all the perks.

edit: nm, i just googled it. meh

The incentive to run Prestige raid is close to zero.

Rare emblem (not even legendary, or even nice looking), Acrius ornament (purely cosmetic) and a cosmetic aura that only lasts till the weekly reset. Gear is purely cosmetic (hunter and titan gear is mobility LUL). There is not even a separate trophy/achievement to mark the completion (can get it from Prestige NF).

Not to mention the various bugs and glitches still present in the raid (since day one).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The incentive to run Prestige raid is close to zero.

Rare emblem (not even legendary, or even nice looking), Acrius ornament (purely cosmetic) and a cosmetic aura that only lasts till the weekly reset. Gear is purely cosmetic (hunter and titan gear is mobility LUL). There is not even a separate trophy/achievement to mark the completion (can get it from Prestige NF).

Not to mention the various bugs and glitches still present in the raid (since day one).

It's sad, really. Game had gone too casual imo

Top Bottom