• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Never, metroid is my favorite Nintendo series

Otiy8IH.jpg

What the fuck happened to xenoblade

At least it aint the faces from X

Eila

I swore I saw framerate dips when they were zooming in on Link while he was standing (with his back turned?).

The graphics looks PS3-era, you can't see shit past your character. It's like how they bloomed the fuck out of Twilight Princess to obscure how ass everything looked.

I saw several through it, not sure if it was added during video editing because it wasn't during busy scenes.

PaulSane

Otiy8IH.jpg

What the fuck happened to xenoblade

Change in art-style to get away with using lower number of polygons? :) I can't think of anything else.

Regarding this presentation in general, i was once again reminded why i never even considered getting a nintendo console - aside from Xenoblade, i have zero interest in any of the other nintendo-exclusive games. Also, these new gimmicky controls will once again bind a lot of games to the system, so those games will die alongside it when Nintendo decides to use another "innovative" controller for their new system, but that's the usual process, nothing new :p

Gaming side is a mine field. Portbegs everywhere.

I was hoping for a new Animal Crossing for Switch. That's probably the only game that could have gotten me to buy it at launch. As it stands, it's probably best to wait a year or so to let the library grow a bit, as with all consoles.

Surprised they didn't show Monster Hunter in the presentation either.

Animal Crossing is coming to mobile.

rtcn63

The thing for me is, I jumped off the bandwagon after the Wii because even the first-party games were massive disappointments even when you included the Gamecube. I don't care if they reviewed well, because we all know how objectivity goes out the window when a professional reviewer's series loyalty and nostalgia hard-on kicks in. Besides one or two okay games, Nintendo just has nothing for me.

My first consoles were a Super Nintendo and OG Gameboy.

Vibranium

Banned
I have a feeling Nintendo is going to have some trouble with the paid online thing. Being Canadian, the higher price for a Pro controller and console makes it even worse. I will wait a year and see how things change (maybe Nintendo will price cut and the CAD will rise higher).

Still have lots of PC games to play.

Tizoc

i think all the games they showed look great

will be a cool console to buy like a year from launch lol
How do u feel about the mini controllers? I cant see myself using that one from what ive seen
Would need to hold an actual one myself to give it propet impression

Also if capcom are releasing sf2 hd remix on steam i will freakin riot

bbd23

man I was so in on the switch during the first reveal but this was just...bad.

what are even the launch games? and this is going to be what 399 in canada?

rtcn63

How do u feel about the mini controllers? I cant see myself using that one from what ive seen

Don't worry they'll gladly give you the opportunity to spend $50-80 on a Pro controller that will only play a fraction of the games.

Tizoc

The thing for me is, I jumped off the bandwagon after the Wii because even the first-party games were massive disappointments even when you included the Gamecube. I don't care if they reviewed well, because we all know how objectivity goes out the window when a professional reviewer's series loyalty and nostalgia hard-on kicks in. Besides one or two okay games, Nintendo just has nothing for me.

My first consoles were a Super Nintendo and OG Gameboy.
Ninty's first party games for the wii all lookd good to me even tho i hadnt played all of them, such as metroid mother
I loved super mario galaxy for one thing

Tbh i dont have a good feeling about the switch and worry itll be a dud like the wii u if not worse :/
It could pull off a ps3 or 3ds though so only time will tell

zkylon

zkylewd
Some of them didn't even have gameplay.

Arm is the "get bored after 20 minutes" game.
arm is probably the get tired after 10 for me lol

but i found all of them to be exciting in some way or another

i appreciate that there were tons of colors and a complete lack of violence and murder

seems like just buy a pro controller and be done with it lol

Knurek

Don't worry they'll gladly give you the opportunity to spend $50-80 on a Pro controller that will only play a fraction of the games.

I need two things:

a) Battery life on that thingy comparable with Wii U ProCon.
b) Mayflash adapter (or hell, Switch4Windows tool)

Then I'm buying it, €70 or not.
Not buying Switch, since lol-paid online and lol-Nintendo

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Well Switch's launch lineup seems small like Wii U was. Though I would be pretty amazed if that Xenoblade sequel comes out in 2017. That is a pretty quick turnaround for Monolithsoft. Xenoblade Chronicles X wasn't that long ago, to have a whole new game of that size in 2017.

Tizoc

Seems ultra sf2 for switch has the original st
Crisis averted but apparently it is switch exclusive?
Eh whatevs ill wait for it to release elsewhere a year later

Obcidian Legacy, early access on January 31. Only really noteworthy because it's published by DMM.com / Powerchord Studio (Japanese online store and their browser game brand, I believe). The developer Black Tower Studios themselves are responsible for Magus.

Seems ultra sf2 for switch has the original st
Crisis averted but apparently it is switch exclusive?
Eh whatevs ill wait for it to release elsewhere a year later

well no, Capcpom is just letting you switch between HD Remix and Super Turbo sprites

we don't know if it'll use Super Turbo's balance or Sirlin's 'balance'

edit: oh wait, since Evil Ryu and Violent Ken are 'new' characters, just expect HD Remix gameplay

Grief.exe

I wonder if Dragon Quest Heroes being announced for the Switch makes it more or less likely to be ported to PC.

I might just pull a Jshacks and pick it up on Switch as it would be convenient to play portably.

Edit: got that confused with dragon quest builders ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Dragon Quest Heroes is a lost cause, Tecmo can't do anything right

I just hope Square brings a mainline Dragon Quest that sells gangbusters, or Builders

Tizoc

I was so excited, and everything got fucked up. This is beyond disappointing. Skipping until it's cheap.
I was uninmpressed with the start with what they shown
And mario o releasing by xmas?
Really ninty?
Really?

Also every ody go spam sega eu's twitter
We are halfway thru the month, they should at least tive us a date for theit announcements

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
BG&E2 not making an appearance didn't come as a surprise. Three strikes in a row now on that front. I think it's safe to say that Dale's source has been feeding her porkies, especially as the rumour only changed in response to facts that cast doubt over it (it was in active development until Ancel announced that Ubi had greenlit the project, and the teaser unveiling changing from the Switch reveal to the Switch media event didn't come until after the former). She did well on the hardware side, though (USB-C charger, no region locking on games, and so on).

I was uninmpressed with the start with what they shown
And mario o releasing by xmas?
Really ninty?
Really?

Also every ody go spam sega eu's twitter
We are halfway thru the month, they should at least tive us a date for theit announcements
I liked the idea, everything is a damn joke.

Paid online? $70 controllers? $300 launch with no pack on at all? Garbage ass (S)NES games rented out with your subscription? Requiring an app (which still needs to be fucking bought!) to use online chat and stuff? No upgrade plans for owners of Mario Kart 8 and such? A stupid red and blue SKU that matches nothing else in the system?

This is just a small list of fuck ups today and that's not even counting line ups. Guess I'm really PC only now.

I liked the idea, everything is a damn joke.

Paid online? $70 controllers? $300 launch with no pack on at all? Garbage ass (S)NES games rented out with your subscription? Requiring an app (which still needs to be fucking bought!) to use online chat and stuff? No upgrade plans for owners of Mario Kart 8 and such? A stupid red and blue SKU that matches nothing else in the system?

This is just a small list of fuck ups today and that's not even counting line ups. Guess I'm really PC only now.

The biggest fuck up was not telling me when I can buy a Bayonetta amiibo. And also not having release the Bayonetta amiibo yet.

Tizoc

Gotta say tho
Enough with peach being kidnapped by bowser
Odyssey's setting and stages really dont make me want to rush to saving her

Bowser in suit and top hat is major swag tho

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I can't see myself getting the Switch even if the price drops significantly. Having to pay for online on top of $80 games isn't worth it for me since I only really care about Pokémon and Smash.

Torment is suddenly one of my most anticipated games of 2017. I didnt realize it was far future scifi.

Playing Planescape for the first time right now. Still in the tutorial area

yuraya

So I guess pc is the only place with free online multiplayer now.

For now.
Xbox Live Gold coming to UWP Store near you.
(Also, Windows Update will disable TCP/IP support for Win32 at the time, requiring all Internet access to go through only supported UWP apps).

Tomorrow Gabe announces Steam+ required for play online.

120$ per year.
2 free games every month.
1 tf2 or csgo box key every month (can't sell or trade on market)
1 free tf2 hat every month (can't sell or trade on market)
5% off any steam store purchase. Available for one time use only.

Knurek

The best thing about Nintendo Switch being the next PSVita is that we'll be getting Steam ports of most of these bomba games a year or so from now.
Lack of second screen will make for nice, easy porting.

MUnited83

For you.
Lmao @300$, Switch is gonna bomb.

A new No More Heroes is pretty cool tho, will buy when it releases on PC.

Also lmao at paid online.

What a goddamn disaster. I had low expectations and Nintendo managed to hit even lower.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I was so excited, and everything got fucked up. This is beyond disappointing. Skipping until it's cheap.
I'll probably wait until the release of either that SMT game or a mainline pokemon game/spinoff in the vein of colosseum. Paid online kind of killed my interest in the platform from the get go, and the details that are slowly being revealed about how the online features will work is making things worse. Plus the first half of the stream completely killed my hype with how dull it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom