• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

Astarte

I have a Japanese copy I never got to since I never finished 4 (which I have to do tomorrow), but I'm very tempted to install it before I start the US version.

It was my main reason for wanting a physical disc :y

Oh man, this song, this everything!

It will be glorious. I hear they're working with 3DfX on the chipset.

BTW, anyone know of a clean version of that image? I've never been able to find it anywhere.

sarah-bak.jpg

MYeager

Does 5 not have a way to watch the story from the previous games like 4 did?

It does. It's limited though in what it recaps though, you're better off either playing the games or watching youtube videos. It's useful for a refresher but you'll still miss a lot that way.

Jimrpg

I'd like to see them put in more Sega Arcade games in Arcade. Wonderboy, Out Run, Golden Axe, (wouldn't mind Streets of Rage either - that would be hilarious). I know they want us to buy them on Steam or PSN or whatever, but I've already bought them twice over.

One of the reasons I got Animal Crossing for Gamecube were the NES classics. That was unreal... Animal Crossing for me just hasn't been the same without them.

Clive

I'm seriously considering re-buying a Ps3 for this...Maaaaaan...

-hovers over add to cart-

Buy a cheap used one and sell it for practically the same amount after finishing the game. Used PS3s are getting cheap. You could even buy a defective one with a faulty disc drive. Keep in mind that you need a HDD larger than 60 GB.

Stuart444

Just finished Part 1 Chapter 1 before stopping for tonight.

Didn't know it'd sync with the Japanese trophies so I already have 18% (doubt I'll go for platinum though) done lol.

I'd like to see them put in more Sega Arcade games in Arcade. Wonderboy, Out Run, Golden Axe, (wouldn't mind Streets of Rage either - that would be hilarious). I know they want us to buy them on Steam or PSN or whatever, but I've already bought them twice over.

One of the reasons I got Animal Crossing for Gamecube were the NES classics. That was unreal... Animal Crossing for me just hasn't been the same without them.

Yakuza 0 contains several Sega arcade games appropriate to the late 1980s setting.

Kyolux

Just finished Part 1 Chapter 1 before stopping for tonight.

Didn't know it'd sync with the Japanese trophies so I already have 18% (doubt I'll go for platinum though) done lol.

It does? Guess I'll take the last 5 minutes to see how many I had already. (Edit: I'm at 17%.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Since 0 has already been announced, I think chances of 6 and Kiwami coming over are good, unless 5 and 0 lose more money than Sony/Sega are anticipating.
The fact that they're doing a physical release for 0 is what makes me worried. That game is going to sell for 10 bucks at Gamestop a couple of months after it comes out and then Sega has another excuse to let the franchise die again, even with whatever money Sony is offering.

MYeager

Eh, while that might've been a good reason to get AC for the Gamecube, that's not really the draw here. They're bonus content. I mean you've got several pachinko machines, bowling golf, batting cages, karaoke, different gambling games, fishing (stream and open sea), crane games, arcade games, rhythm games, arena tournaments, darts, pool
ramen making, chicken racing, air hockey, hunting, Idol career stuff, street racing, snowball fights,
etc.

In terms of additional content I don't think it's lacking or needing classic games to make it worthwhile.

The fact that they're doing a physical release for 0 is what makes me worried. That game is going to sell for 10 bucks at Gamestop a couple of months after it comes out and then Sega has another excuse to let the franchise die again, even with whatever money Sony is offering.

Really? It appears that Sega is relying on Atlus USA to handle the release of Yakuza 0, and Atlus is certainly no stranger to putting out physical releases that sell few copies. I don't think the physical format is likely to have a negative affect on further localizations.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Really? It appears that Sega is relying on Atlus USA to handle the release of Yakuza 0, and Atlus is certainly no stranger to putting out physical releases that sell few copies. I don't think the physical format is likely to have a negative affect on further localizations.
I hope they realize that they should expect Neptunia or other low-tier Japanese game numbers, not Persona numbers. Certainly someone else can repost those dismal numbers for 4 and Dead Souls.

Top Bottom