• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack II in development for PS4, according to animator's résumé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaswa101

I could use more Knack in my life, so I'm game. Bring back the king.

Although I'd have preferred a Crash reboot. 😭

DevilFox

The idea that Sony believe resources can be spent on Knack 2 rather than the dozens of more deserving IPs, recent or old, is disturbing, even supposing that Knack 2 development is cheap.
In my opinion Knack was a good move at launch, they needed something to grab moms' attention. But now.. seriously. Unless of course, Knack is a codename for the new Crash Bandicoot :D

Oversoul

Banned
Can you prove that anyone in this thread saying the game is shit hasn't actually played it?

And I actually do think my "Knack is utter shite" posts do serve some use. I bought Knack because there were plenty of posts on here proclaiming the game to be good. In the absence of any posts saying it's shit, the average person would get the impression that the game is probably great, and was maybe just misunderstood at release/review time... or simply has some aspects that drag down an otherwise well-made game (like say, Sonic Unleashed). So I'm here to say "nah it's not like that... it's just shit throughout".

To be fair tho: just looking at 1 minute footage of Knack being played should have told you everything.

This mistake did not have to be made.

Nesther

Great, I really enjoyed playing Knack. Imho, most people should've played it on hard to get the true Knack experience.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The idea that Sony believe resources can be spent on Knack 2 rather than the dozens of more deserving IPs, recent or old, is disturbing, even supposing that Knack 2 development is cheap.
In my opinion Knack was a good move at launch, they needed something to grab moms' attention. But now.. seriously. Unless of course, Knack is a codename for the new Crash Bandicoot :D

They still like to sell consoles, so they still want "mom's attention". ;)

Mom's are not front loaded... no pun intended.

Ok let me rephrase it. I would rather the work force working on a potential Knack 2 to work on something else. Idiot.

Is this like a, "I would rather they work on some shit I have no clue about A), versus Remasters of some shit people actually enjoyed or did not play B)" disingenuous post?

I would rather Shu come to my house, rub my foots, say "PlayStation On" hitting my controller button, all while doing Sake bombs, but sad it does not happen. :(

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It sold well so it does make sense to make a sequel. How are people not getting this.

It was a launch title of course it sold well.

I'm sure Sony knows over one million reasons.

Again it was a launch title that was HEAVILY marketed and pegged as one of the goto titles for launch. At the time you had this, resogun, some PSN games, and KZ:SF. On top of that it was the holidays and people were snatching up deals left and right such as the b2g1 at target.

Here's a good example. KZ:SF moved over 2 million units if I remember correctly... and yet the online community was ridiculously weak thanks to poor word of mouth and negative fan reception.

Maybe Sony have a better ideia of how good it was received.

And I have the opposite word of mouth situation... I bought it because most guys I talked said it was fun and enjoyable... and for me it was.

I want a sequel and Sony knows there are enough guys like me to make the game deserves a sequel.

Killzone will have a lot of sequels yet lol

That's all well and good. Every game ever is almost guaranteed to have some people out there who want a sequel, obviously barring catastrophic failures or outright broken games. That being said the game has a score in the 50s from critics and a 6.5 user rating on metacritic. The social media reaction to the game was also overwhelmingly negative, and the hate is STRONG on neogaf and other forums of the like. When you see reactions like that, the game is doing something wrong.

Ryse: son of rome sold over a million units. Would it be smart to make a sequel to that? There is more than meets the eye when it comes to numbers.

Raylan

Banned
When will this Knack meme die?

2394550-8479861398-knack.gif

foxbeldin

While i finished knack and didn't think it was as bad as some people say it is : it is not an IP that deserves a sequel imo.

MrHoot

True.
If people are constantly excusing sony for not investing in Vita IPs or reviving old popular IPs, or physical versions of games in the US. But yet they'd put money in motherfucking Knack 2 ?

Knack got removed from the artist's resume......... that was fast

And so the knackening dies

mrklaw

MrArseFace

It's like all those hospitals the government would definitely build if they didn't spend so much on defence.

Why is everyone acting like knack 2 means Sony cancelled crash + ape escape + jumping flash?

It's just a game. Blimey I'm starting to feel guilty for getting platinum on it. Must be a false memory that I enjoyed it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Men Without Hats made an anthem to unite us against non-dancers. It should be Knack 2's them song.
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well, they're no friends of mine

Indeed they have!

bombshell

It's about diversifying the lineup.

Will Gravity Rush 2 sell millions upon millions?
Will The Last Guardian sell millions upon millions?

Believe it or not Knack sold well and it's not an expensive game to make.

MrHoot

It's about diversifying the lineup.

Will Gravity Rush 2 sell millions upon millions?
Will The Last Guardian sell millions upon millions?

Believe it or not Knack sold well and it's not an expensive game to make.

"Man our 2016 line up is looking great. But I think we could add a little more garbage in it to even it out"

chixdiggit

I am a true believer in you are entitled to your own opinion. But Knack is one of those games that I can't wrap my head around how anyone can call it anything above a mediocre game. It was basically a poor mans Skylanders without the collectible figures and none of the fun.

Memento

That is... surprising. Well, the IP has a lot of potential, so I am not mad. I would prefer Japan Studio to make Puppeteer 2 though :/

Raylan

Banned
Ryse: son of rome sold over a million units. Would it be smart to make a sequel to that? There is more than meets the eye when it comes to numbers.
It's funny when people bring um Ryse, or The Order: 1886, etc.
We're talking about a small-budget Knack game and not about big AAA games with big marketing cash behind it. Making Knack makes a lot of sense. You can easily bundle it and you have a "family game" for the holidays.

And btw. what's here to hate? Don't like it? Don't buy it and move on. Tons of other dev studios out there to support. "Hate" makes no sense.

I imagine the first knack made a boatload of money due to the fact that it was probably fairly cheap to produce and that being a launch title helped it sell way more then it should have.

I don't know if a sequal is something people have been clamoring for though and I think those resources could be better spent on a different projects.

Lemondish

What? Cerny always said Knack was a small side-project and meant to be a third or fourth tier pick-up.

Actually, he said he wants it to be people's second game at launch.

Not third or fourth. Jesus, you guys. This is as frustrating as first meeting the beetles in the forest of Knack chapter 2!

Footos22

True.
If people are constantly excusing sony for not investing in Vita IPs or reviving old popular IPs, or physical versions of games in the US. But yet they'd put money in motherfucking Knack 2 ?

Vita games don't sell, knack sold over 2 million.

Most those old IPs didn't sell either. Most exclusives don't, they are library fillers which get talked about far more later by very vocal fans then when they actually got released.

prwxv3

It's like all those hospitals the government would definitely build if they didn't spend so much on defence.

Why is everyone acting like knack 2 means Sony cancelled crash + ape escape + jumping flash?

It's just a game. Blimey I'm starting to feel guilty for getting platinum on it. Must be a false memory that I enjoyed it.

GD2 a sequel to a vita game that did not sell very well still exists. I don't think those other games mention would be canceled for knack 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom