• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack II in development for PS4, according to animator's résumé

Status
Not open for further replies.

prwxv3

If this is true, it just shows once again what I shitty job Yoshida is doing.
And yes, I played and finished Knack 1.

Oh he green lit a sequal to a successful game what a shitty job he is dooing. You still have games like GD2, TLG, Dreams, Horizon, R@C, ect that he as greenlit.

bombshell

Why would anyone spend money on developing a sequel to that gigantic piece of shit?

I refuse to believe anyone genuinely enjoyed the first game. I don't know why people would lie about having fun with it but they are.

Knack is literally the worst thing to ever happen. Releasing it in America should have been considered an act of war.

They don't like it. They're either lying to us our lying to themselves.

No you didn't.

It was worse.

2372.jpg

THAT APE ESCAPE TWEET

Please, Overlord Sony, please grant me my dreams this year!

If they popped out a Crash, an Ape Escape, and Ratchet in one year I'd cry and never doubt them again. Even if the Crash game is by Activision and Sony just funds it or oversees it.

Astral

I played a demo for Knack at Gamestop once. It literally felt like torture. The fucking thing just never ended. It was the least fun I have ever had playing a video game. I actually got angry at how little fun I was having. Knack II needs to practically be a completely different game to catch my interest.

SDCowboy

Uh... it's a third person game! And... you can jump!! Uh... uh... and if you move the analog really fast, Knack spins!!!

Pretty much. lol Crash is a pure action platformer whereas Knack is a corridor beat 'em up with the occasional jump up to another ledge.

Ricker

Will they call it Knack Knack... ?

Never played it but its good news,might give it a try with the sale but the big rumours its getting close to PS + also...not sure and the fact that many say its harder then you think.

nampad

Oh he green lit a sequal to a successful game what a shitty job he is dooing. You still have games like GD2, TLG, Dreams, Horizon, R@C, ect that he as greenlit.

Successful? If it was, only because it launched on the back of a weak exclusive launch line up which Yoshida was responsible for and it was bundled in Japan.

Yoshida is doing a terrible job. He is lucky that his Twitter persona is somewhat likable and the rest of SCE did a good job with designing and marketing the PS4.

AudioEppa

I started the first game along time ago but never finished it, but from what I remember it was a pretty fun game, my only dislike was given him a voice.

Hope to get back into it soon.

It has a fixed third person camera with often terrible camera angles therefore is identical to crash.

Well that's not like Crash at all... unless you're backtracking in THOSE levels. The camera's fine for the most part. I don't recall it being TOO terrible in Knack, but I realize this isn't the point you're trying to make anyways, so carry on.

prwxv3

Successful? If it was, only because it launched on the back of a weak exclusive launch line up which Yoshida was responsible for and it was bundled in Japan.

Yoshida is doing a terrible job. He is lucky that his Twitter persona is somewhat likable and the rest of SCE did a good job with designing and marketing the PS4.

Wat is terrible about the current announced games right now.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I enjoyed both just as much.

Come at me.

Same.

It's your opinion, you can like what you like. Most people just just agree it's a shit game

Here we go... lol.

Guess we are not in the cool kids group, sad face.

This thread is delivering.

O we transitioned into the yosh hate now have we. Damn knack stop killing families and taking wives leave gaf alone knack!!

Bahlor

I hope it gets real splitscreen coop mode this time. While the coop was fun, it was pretty hard to play together with my son. We had a lot of fun with the first one though... just it could've been much better implemented. Seemed to be a last minute decision and just put on top of the actual game. Still better than none.^^

Hope sony will also consider a sequel for the order... this game just had so much wasted potential, it could be something really really great.

MrHoot

SOMEONE CALL DUNKEY ! MILLIONAIRES

Honestly as much as I disliked the game, why not a second go but oh man oh man will they need a lot to fix the catastrophe of the first one. Like almost a reboot.

That big cinematic feel felt so out of place for a game that would certainly be more suited to a simple crash bandicoot or arcade approach. I would wager if they could ditch story, focus on better use of the "growth" mechanic and better platforming, as well as better performance (the original one really didn't run that well) I could potentially be...okay.

I don't think Knack as a franchise now has ever the chance of being better than okay so i'm also confused as to why they're even trying. First one poisoned the well. And while it's funny, I really don't get why people would even recommend or encourage a sequel to knack. Some stuff isn't worth saving

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
There are a lot of people that liked the game too... so I think it is unfair to use "most".

Its not thoigh, because it got very poor reviews and wprd of mouth was overwhelmingly negative.

I enjoyed the game to an extent when there was nothing to play except resogun. That being said it makes 0 sense to make a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom