• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack II in development for PS4, according to animator's résumé

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be a good game but they need to totally revamp it. The idea of a transformable main character is a good one but they did nothing with it in the original and just made a bad god of war clone.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
SONY HAS KNACKED IT OUT OF THE PARK!

zU3hoVx.gif

Oversoul

Banned
Metroid Federation Force is nothing compared to this announcement. NOTHING.

Can't wait for the petition to cancel this.

Camjo-Z

I saw someone in another Knack thread make a suggestion that I think would be really great for Knack 2. Knack should, at random times, make knack-related wordplay (ex: "You've got me knackered, Doc"), turn to the camera, and wink as a canned laugh track plays. No other characters will notice or acknowledge this, and gameplay continues as normal.

prwxv3

Glorious. Loved the first one. The game is not a platformer its a brawler with emphasise on learning enemy paterns and having tight reflexes. Hard mode in the original game was glorious. Hope the second game has better performace and checkpoints though.

Wabba

Knack II can be good, liked the first game. It was not great but with a tighter script and more advanced gameplay this can be really good.

Tizoc

Sequels can be better than their predecessor games.
That's all I hope for with this game, even it becomes an actual true platformer as opposed to the linear action game that the first Knack was.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
I would rather the developer to work on something else than Knack 2. So hopefully this is false. No one talks about Knack outside of Neogaf and a few other hardcore forums.
You obviously know jack shit of Japan Studio, if you think a measly Knack 2 is all they're doing. Lmao.

prwxv3

I don't know why this is casing so much butthurt. It's probably a pretty cheap game to make it won't stop other games from being developed.

Slime

Banned
Maybe a sequel would actually take inspiration from PS1 platformers. I don't know what Cerny was talking about when he said it was inspired by Crash and Spyro. Maybe visually, kinda? Certainly not gameplay. It just felt like an arcadey God of War.

I thought it was fun

Zach

I bet my son and I will play it. We enjoyed playing though Knack. Didn't buy it, though; borrowed it from a friend.

I liked Knack. I hope the sequel (if true) lives up to its potential. Give us more control over the type/size we are and some actual platforming, that's all I ask.

cyba89

I saw someone in another Knack thread make a suggestion that I think would be really great for Knack 2. Knack should, at random times, make knack-related wordplay (ex: "You've got me knackered, Doc"), turn to the camera, and wink as a canned laugh track plays. No other characters will notice or acknowledge this, and gameplay continues as normal.

Everytime Knack isn't on screen everyone should ask "Where is Knack?"

prwxv3

Only someone who hasn't played the game at all, or possibly played it on easy would say this. I'm going to assume the former.

Knack on harder difficulties will kick your ass. The only frustrating thing are the bad checkpoint placements.

farisr

I liked Knack. I hope the sequel (if true) lives up to its potential. Give us more control over the type/size we are and some actual platforming, that's all I ask.

Yup, they completely botched the initial idea of playing at various sizes by forcing you to be certain sizes throughout the regular levels (it's understandable they'd want you to be certain size for the boss fights). Opening up the level design, or designing them in a way that allows you to go through them in different ways depending on what size you are/choose would do the game wonders.

Also, they need to work on the fun factor of playing as big knack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom