• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
No time for one fighter yet alone billions. But as someone who loves the FGC, I will support this game. We can do streams of it if need be.

yay

the netcode is really fucking solid. i played a bunch the other night, i know there aren't a ton of ppl on now since the game isn't out. but based on how it is now, i'm loving it online.

yay

the netcode is really fucking solid. i played a bunch the other night, i know there aren't a ton of ppl on now since the game isn't out. but based on how it is now, i'm loving it online.

Even though pre-release online impressions are usually worthless, that's good to hear.

Skilletor

You're only approaching this from the "ease-of-creation" standpoint which is the *exact* same way I looked at it until the cheating angle was pointed out. My mind doesn't work that way, so I never considered it. But tournament organizers do have to consider it because there are plenty of people who do function that way.

I suppose so. I know it's not something we'll have to worry about in my scene.

yay

Good to hear.

GrayFoxPL

Ezio doesn't look like a problem. He looks slower than one would expect and lows look easy to step. They're all very linear.

THEORY FIGHTER.

I kinda mean when he combos to cross bow, not single random shots.

THEORY FIGHTER 2 HYPER THEORING

yay

Sweet!

Who do you play as?

alstein

That's why I mentioned what I said ;)

Yoshimitsu is my main, then Patroklos.

Will probably use Ivy like I did in SC2 but her new throw commands are wtf to me lol.

What are the throw commands? I realized I signed up to play this at FR so I'll get this despite my reservations about it not being finished, but I'm going to need a new character since everyone I played has been left on the bus.

TDLink

Look, it really does kinda suck for people who want to play Devil Jin, but this is the way it has to be right now. If and when Project Soul create and release a Devil Jin character that doesn't need to be made in CAS mode and then checked for the tournament requirements, he will instantly be available for tournament play. It really is that simple. I encourage everybody to follow IdleMind's advice and let Daishi know that you want a pre-made, instantly selectable Devil Jin character. He knows what he's talking about.

It isn't "the way it has to be" because 8wayrun does not control EVO. My worry is that EVO will just adopt their policy since they are the largest online community for the series (although I hope they don't)...we need to wait for Mr. Wizard to weigh in on that I suppose, or see what they do with the first major next month. Regardless, I don't think anything has to happen (or should happen) just because a few admins on one website say that is the way it has to be. This should be a community decision and if the community is not agreed upon it (which they obviously aren't) I don't even know why they are letting it happen. I am happy to see that a few people in here have local scenes who aren't just blindly following what the 8wr admin team dictates.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Patroklos a rush type character?

Can you say in general how many new moves did the old characters get?

I don't know to be honest. But Pat is definitely not a rush type character, he's kind of sluggish IMO.

Can she at least buffer commands again?

Yeah, she can, but her shit is like 28284666A+G now lol. Just gotta get used to it. And SS is a BE move, weird.

I miss Talim...

and Rock, and Hwang, and Sophitita, and Setsuka, and Li Long, and Bangoo... :(

Alas, the highs and lows of fighting games. You get so attached to the characters and it's depressing to see them get passed over. At least there's always a chance that they'll be brought back.

Kokonoe

Banned
I don't know much about Soul Calibur V just yet, I do wish it doesn't have the same flaws as the previous game though.

Either way, (Alucard voice)i'm interested in this, and plan on making Captain Falcon once more.

Allow me to submit some evidence.

Link:

http://membres.multimania.fr/delirezone/Soul%20Calibur%202%20Link.gif[IMG]

I'll admit he looks a little out of place with the rest of the cast, but I wouldn't ever go so far as to call him goofy.

Now, a medley of created characters:

[IMG]http://mimg.ugo.com/200812/14482/cuts/SheHulk_288x288.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://mimg.ugo.com/200812/14490/cuts/Mario_288x288.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://mimg.ugo.com/200812/14499/cuts/Leonidas_288x288.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://mimg.ugo.com/200812/14500/RonaldMcDonald.jpg[IMG]

I rest my case.[/QUOTE]

One of my old CaS designs. NOT out of place:
[img]http://radiantdreamer.net/wp/sc4cas/sienna02.jpg

yay

This is the sole reason why I started updating my ps3 firmware again, to play SCV online. My body is ready!!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Anyone who has an early copy, had you checked to see if player 2 in offline versus can load a profile / save, like to access their CAS stuff?

Personally, I always liked messing around with CAS. Its only downside is that custom parts that involved lots of cloth, like robes, tended to be low quality due to the need for them to be generic. I wonder if that's improved any.

Personally, I always liked messing around with CAS. Its only downside is that custom parts that involved lots of cloth, like robes, tended to be low quality due to the need for them to be generic. I wonder if that's improved any.

Thankfully you can customize those now with the emblem and pattern functions.

alstein

It isn't "the way it has to be" because 8wayrun does not control EVO. My worry is that EVO will just adopt their policy since they are the largest online community for the series (although I hope they don't)...we need to wait for Mr. Wizard to weigh in on that I suppose, or see what they do with the first major next month. Regardless, I don't think anything has to happen (or should happen) just because a few admins on one website say that is the way it has to be. This should be a community decision and if the community is not agreed upon it (which they obviously aren't) I don't even know why they are letting it happen. I am happy to see that a few people in here have local scenes who aren't just blindly following what the 8wr admin team dictates.

It isn't just one website, it's the SRK of SoulCal sites. Would you want 8WR determining banlists for SF4? There is nothing inherent about Evo, SRK, or the Cannons that makes them a better judge of tourney worthiness then the 8WR folks.

Thread: Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man! Reply to Thread

600full-salaryman-kintaro-poster.jpg

WILL DO.
i will try my best to create him in this game, hopefully the places you can utilize your created character are more enoyable than last games tedious offerings.

DR2K

Banned
What part of "sold" you don't get?

Sold to retailers =/= sold in homes. Very big difference when it comes to choices in regards to making DLC for games. Why make DLC when only few hundred thousand people actually bought the game?

d0c_zaius

Sold to retailers =/= sold in homes. Very big difference when it comes to choices in regards to making DLC for games. Why make DLC when only few hundred thousand people actually bought the game?

DLC production (at least initial DLC ) is not decided based on sales, as it needs to be made/greenlit before the release date is even close.

GrayFoxPL

Christ.
When they "shipped to retailers" they actually use that word, sold is actually sold.

You think Tekken released on 3 platforms didn't sell 3,5 millions since 2009? You realize the franchise is always multi million seller right? For over 17 years. 3,5 is still low compared to previous Tekkens, but few hundred thousand? You aren't delusional, right?

mugwhump

SC5 features over 20 stages to choose from. In addition to the wall-less and walled arenas of previous games, Tekken-style endless stages are available for the first time. Also, ROing an opponent on certain multi-tiered stages will result in your fighting in another area/level during the next round.
Okay, now this is cool. I thought the stage progression just happened automatically, but if it requires a ringout, that introduces an interesting strategic element.

PRE-ORDER BONUSES
HMV, GAME, The Hut, Play.com - Dampierre DLC code
Amazon and Walmart - $10 store credit
GameStop and EB Games Canada - Ivy Valentine Bobble Budd figure
Best Buy U.S. and Canada locations - Dampierre DLC code
Select 24 hour Walmart U.S. locations - special “Fastest Way to Play” event and midnight launch for SC5, limited edition laser art-cell
Future Shop locations across Canada - limited edition laser art-cell
wat the poo-poo
Thanks for this though, I would have been lost otherwise.

DR2K

Banned
DLC production is not decided based on sales, as it needs to be made/greenlit before the release date is even close.

I doubt this is applicable to all DLC.

Christ.
When they "shipped to retailers" they actually use that word, sold is actually sold.

You think Tekken released on 3 platforms didn't sell 3,5 millions since 2009? You realize the franchise is always multi million seller right? For over 17 years. 3,5 is still low compared to previous Tekkens, but few hundred thousand? You aren't delusional, right?

Nope sold to them is is sold to a retailer. There's no data in the world that would back up 3.5 million copies sold in homes. Tekken 6 never even charted in the US/Euro, and was minimal in Japan.

d0c_zaius

I doubt this is applicable to all DLC.

of course which is why I edited it. but your example only covers the last DLC made, and does not determine if DLC is made at all. This is speaking from experience.

if companies waited for sales numbers before deciding to make DLC, the window from release to release would be too large.

but my statement is very applicable to DLC being ok'd, which was your point (I think).

DR2K

Banned
of course which is why I edited it. but your example only covers the last DLC made, and does not determine if DLC is made at all. This is speaking from experience.

if companies waited for sales numbers before deciding to make DLC, the window from release to release would be too large.

but my statement is very applicable to DLC being ok'd, which was your point (I think).

DLC in general. Tekken 6 had some preorder DLC though.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Either that, or having a default DJ on machines running Soul Calibur, in which case it isn't any different than making sure each machine in a game like, say SF or MK, has all DLC.
You say this like it isn't already a problem for some games.

Fucking post office. My bro had the day off tomorrow and so we planned to hit up the pre release party. Now he has to work tomorrow and we cant make the trip. Someone get me a shirt =(

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Added the Famitsu review score and CE unboxing video to the OP, thanks for sharing!

Also, I completely forgot to add that Insert Coin is doing SC5 apparel to the Extras section, lol. They have some pretty nice designs in general, looking forward to what they come up with aside from this Cervantes shirt.

iCnLGqRWKrBQz.jpg

http://www.insertcoinclothing.com/tees/guys/cervantes-de-leon/

I will be heading over there shortly! Excite! :)
So jealous of you, God's Beard, and MarkMan!

Top Bottom