• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

Sectus

Actually the main problem I have with CaS was (at least in SC4), it seemed one costume per character was made specially for them (and looked really good) and one costume was made in CaS (and the quality just wasn't there).

That's not true. If you choose to customize a character, and then choose to customize the colours of that character's 2P, you can see there's a clear difference in quality, especially with all the shadows. Technically, there's 2 versions of every 2P in the game. One version which is a single model and is in higher quality, and the CAS version which is in individual parts. The single model version also detailed variations for armour break.

Oh yeah Link was the man. If memory serves he had this one grab that tossed guys behind him, so if you were at the edge of the arena with a little risk you could get real easy ring outs. Not to mention how cool his projectiles were.

He may have been a little overpowered but I don't care, I mostly play against the CPU anyway.

As long as my main man Siegfried is there I have no qualms. I've been knocking the schtauffen out of opponents with him since he was just a wee nipper in SoulBlade.

Skilletor

It's silly to me that people are like, "My out of place character isn't as silly as THAT out of place character."

Light Sabers or a random elf walking around holding a bomb over his head. All looks stupid to me. :p

Ezio is a great fit, though.

dreamfall

Beautiful OT! I'm mad excited, but will have to probably use Pyrrha as my main. Will Sophitia be DLC? Collector's edition pre-ordered, ready to fight! THE SOUL BURNS (and this wait will kill!)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
As long as my main man Siegfried is there I have no qualms. I've been knocking the schtauffen out of opponents with him since he was just a wee nipper in SoulBlade.

Damn it, that was really good. lol

This may be the first time I spend more time using the 2P costume than 1P. Because Hilde's is pretty damn awesome.

TDLink

Beautiful OT! I'm mad excited, but will have to probably use Pyrrha as my main. Will Sophitia be DLC? Collector's edition pre-ordered, ready to fight! THE SOUL BURNS (and this wait will kill!)

There is an alternate version of Pyrrha called Pyrrha Omega that is literally just Sophitia in terms of moveset.

That's not true. If you choose to customize a character, and then choose to customize the colours of that character's 2P, you can see there's a clear difference in quality, especially with all the shadows. Technically, there's 2 versions of every 2P in the game. One version which is a single model and is in higher quality, and the CAS version which is in individual parts. The single model version also detailed variations for armour break.
OK that may be true. However I still feel there's a difference in quality between the 1P outfits and the 2P outfits.

OSHAN

Can't wait to see how they managed to screw Raphael further this time around.

But he has a new hat...

new-hat-stacy.gif

I was under the impression that the female edgemaster variation is sophitia. elysium or something.

btw how does the new main character play? the son of sophitia? another sophitia/cassandra/lizardman style character? I think it is getting out of hand with those, if true

and: is this coming to vita? I know there is a rumor about a 3ds version, but i am not sure about vita

V_Arnold

I really hope that there will be at least a decent EU-Gaf activity with this one.
UMVC3 was not a good gamble on that regard.

GrayFoxPL

I like Mitsu and all... but it's true, haha! His path never directly crosses with the swords.

Mitsurugi at 87:

"Grandpa, grandpa! Tell us how you fought the wars of Soul Edge and Soulcalibur!
"???"
"You know the magical swords!"
"What swords...?
"..."
"..."

Great OP!

Pretty sure I've read every page on this game on GAF and was not informed the game has 50 (!!!!) player lobbies, replays that autosave and ghost data based on top players. I did see endless pages on how this looks just like SC4 and constant bitching about Kilik. Thanks, GAF!

Aeonin

Any word on custom soundtracks? Just got a bunch of OSTs I'd like to fight to.

EDIT: Interesting coincidence - listening to the Gladiator OST. Happened upon track #15 - "Elysium".
But then I suppose it was a big in Greek culture - the afterlife, paradise.

V_Arnold

Mitsurugi at 87:

"Grandpa, grandpa! Tell us how you fought the wars of Soul Edge and Soulcalibur!
"???"
"You know the magical swords!"
"What swords...?
"..."
"..."

But, at least, in the original SoulCalibur, his bio stated that his lifelong goal was to develop a way to defeat bullets. And he did that in the intro of SoulCalibur 2, and therefore I was happy for him :D Kinda went off-track after that...

Barakov

Can't wait. Still trying to decide what version to get. Though, I'm still pretty salty about Taki not being in there. Part of the reason I dreading what Namco does with the DLC.

NeonZ

You're picking SC4 custom characters who were especially made to look out of place though. Look at the story mode only characters or most of the customs seem in the Tower, they were mostly pretty decent, even if generic sometimes.

Here's a quick example. Azola, a story mode-only enemy who was based on a discarded design from Soul Blade. She was made entirely with custom parts:

Azola_01.jpg

Azola_custom_01.jpg

GrayFoxPL

But, at least, in the original SoulCalibur, his bio stated that his lifelong goal was to develop a way to defeat bullets. And he did that in the intro of SoulCalibur 2, and therefore I was happy for him :D Kinda went off-track after that...

Because in Soul Blade he was shot with Tanegashima. Still has that wound.

Then I don't know what happened but definitely something trippy as he was fighting Darth Vader last time I saw him.

TDLink

btw how does the new main character play? the son of sophitia? another sophitia/cassandra/lizardman style character? I think it is getting out of hand with those, if true

Patroklos has an all new style, he is not like Sophitia or Cassandra at all. Lizardman (Aeon) also has an all new style, so he isn't like he used to be.

In other news, new gameplay videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZmPNDmLzEg&feature=player_embedded#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvZLa5Hketo&feature=player_embedded

No bullshit, he essentially said "Fuck looking for a magic shortcut. I'll become so badass that it won't matter what the hell my opponent is using." His only concern is finding a decent challenge and pursued the wielder of the swords to just to fight them. This is was essentially backed up when he fought Algol to a standstill using a plain ol' katana.

Salaadin

Im bitter about Takis removal :(
I dont care if shes 50 and I dont care if she still wears skin tight body suits.

I hope Natsu is just as cool. Im not too crazy about the way she looks.

GrayFoxPL

Patroklos has an all new style, he is not like Sophitia or Cassandra at all. Lizardman (Aeon) also has an all new style, so he isn't like he used to be.

Nice vids. Good play.

"I'm soooorry!
"Yeah right."

English voices still pretty bad mostly.

Im bitter about Takis removal :(
I dont care if shes 50 and I dont care if she still wears skin tight body suits.

I hope Natsu is just as cool. Im not too crazy about the way she looks.

Cameltoe to the knees.
Pancake boobs wiping the floor.

Sectus

She looked to have some Cass moves as well...don't know who's closer to Sophi

I've looked at a bunch of videos of both and I kinda get the impression they both are primarily based on Sophitia.

From the moves I've seen so far I'd say that normal Pyrrha mostly has new moves, a bunch of Sophitia's moves and a few of Cassandra's moves. While Omega Pyrrha has very few moves, a ton of moves from Sophitia and some moves from Cassandra.

So omega is the closest you'll get to Cassandra in the game, but she still is more like Sophitia.

V_Arnold

Oh wow, I cant wait... Ezio actually changed from "meh" into "well, I will have to try him out as well" category after that montage. Great.

Top Bottom