• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Series Community Thread | Analyzing the complexities of Square and Triangle

Yessssss! I've been waiting for some Raohtomi footage for a while. Looks like the Sengoku Juggernaut is truly back to reek havok. So hype.

zroid

Banned
Yea Hyrule Warriors is prolly gonna be the first musou game I actually buy, lol. I have played them before, mostly at friends' places, just never owned one.

Oh hey a Musou thread, gotta love the timing of me finding this because I've been starting to seriously get into this stuff as of late. First one I ever played, I honestly can't say I remember since I was at a friend's house a long while ago, but I do remember playing as Lu Bu and having a blast. It would be several years since then when I'd get to actually play another game of the type with Ken's Rage (say what you will about it I actually enjoyed it) a year ago, and recently I tried DW8 and One Piece 2. As well as those I played a little bit of Gundam 3 in co-op with a friend, which I should probably get my own copy of. Since the PSN sale One Piece has been eating a bit of my time and I'm gonna make it a point to stick around with this stuff for a bit.

Kurtofan

It's a great game and one of the best but since it is very likely that the updated rerelease is coming overseas for PS3 and maybe Vita so you could always wait for that one.

It IS one of the best game in the series like others have said, so yes WO3 is a very good game to start.

WO3 and DW8 are the best Warriors games to play.

Its probably the best Musou game ever imo, so you can't go wrong. The game just never ends. There are 150+ characters to level up/unlock weapons iirc, so yeah, its really full of content and a lot of fun.

Thanks, I'll check it out, I don't have a PS3 yet just a Wii U.

Tiu Neo

We know that those licensed Musou games get a lot of fans from the original series playing Musou games, but has the opposite happened to anyone else here?

I started watching One Piece after the first Kaizoku Musou. Loved it.

-MD-

I haven't played one of these games since DW6 because it was fairly disappointing. What's the best one these days? 8 any good?

Shengar

I haven't played one of these games since DW6 because it was fairly disappointing. What's the best one these days? 8 any good?

lol you skip 7, one of the best DW before WO3 came out. I think 8 is good, but have yet to play far so I'm not sure personally. Though I highly recommend WO3 to jumped back for some musou action.

Zhao_Yun

I would also be interested in how good DW8 is.. I was a big fan of DW in the PS2 era and DW3 is probably still my favorite DW. Really liked the weapon system and getting 4th and fifth weapons was fun as hell. I played 6 and 7 last generation and although 7 was definitely better than 6 I couldn't get into it as I used to. Any chances that I will enjoy 8 more?

Tabby

DW6 is the worse DW by far, universally agreed upon.
DW8 is the best, followed by DW7.
DW8 changes up the combat a bit, not a lot but nice changes that breaks things up. Story mode retains the DW7 style of kingdom based story telling, not character based story.

JoRo

DW8 fixes a lot of 7's problems like cloned move sets and no free mode. I highly recommend 8 over 7. Best musou game since WO3 imo.

Yawnier

Banned

7 and 8 are both top tier and among the best in the series, but 8 is probably the best one to get now because of everybody being decloned (i.e. every playable character has their own unique moveset) and with free mode being added back (DW7 only had conquest mode, no free mode) and what-if scenarios being added in story mode for replay value.

Jarate

Banned
Im very glad this thread existst

Koei warriors is filled with horrendous people, and the /vg/ thread is filled with waifu talk

Also, if you guys are fans of Dynasty Warriors, I would highly suggest reading Romance of the Three Kingdoms, the Moss Roberts translation.

Also, can we discuss how Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 is one of the best strategy games of all time in here?

Shengar

Koei warriors is filled with horrendous people, and the /vg/ thread is filled with waifu talk

Also, if you guys are fans of Dynasty Warriors, I would highly suggest reading Romance of the Three Kingdoms, the Moss Roberts translation.

Also, can we discuss how Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 is one of the best strategy games of all time in here?

NO U
Romance of the Three Kingdom X for lyfe
Just listen to this piece of classic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwOoiP-lNtQ

Tabby

I still want to try out ROTK 12 damn it, people say it's terrible but the fact that there's no English version just makes me want to play it more.
I've only ever played ROTK 10

Jarate

Banned
8 is da best due to the, RPG elements

Seriously, its actually one of the best "role-playing" games on consoles (putting emphasis on roleplaying)

Shengar

I still want to try out ROTK 12 damn it, people say it's terrible but the fact that there's no English version just makes me want to play it more.
I've only ever played ROTK 10
Why not try RoTK XI? It doesn't have RPG element like X, but still decent for me.
I really want Koei to release all RotK title as PS2 classics D:
8 is da best due to the, RPG elements

Seriously, its actually one of the best "role-playing" games on consoles (putting emphasis on roleplaying)
I've seen my brother really dig the game in despite he played RotK X first. I didn't played it due the low quality portrait (I know, stupid reason but that just me) back then, only watch my brother play as Sun Ce and conquer China.

Tabby

Why not try RoTK XI? It doesn't have RPG element like X, but still decent for me.
I really want Koei to release all RotK title as PS2 classics D:

I've seen my brother really dig the game in despite he played RotK X first. I didn't played it due the low quality portrait (I know, stupid reason but that just me) back then, only watch my brother play as Sun Ce and conquer China.

Sorry, ROTK 11 is the one I played not ROTK 10. My bad.
ROTK games are hard to find, I would love it if they rereleased the games.

Shengar

Sorry, ROTK 11 is the one I played not ROTK 10. My bad.
ROTK games are hard to find, I would love it if they rereleased the games.

Ow, you should played that one. I've never play RotK VIII which also employ RPG playstyle compared to grand strategy gameplay that IX and XI have, but RotK X RPG element is one of the best I've ever played. It offered almost limitless playtime.

2 Characters were announced for Samurai Warriors 4, Kojuro Katakura and Toyohisa Shimazu.

This is my personal hope for characters in 4

Morichika Chosokabe
Hideie Ukita
Hideaki Kobayakawa
Naomasa Yi
Yasumasa Sakakakibara
Tadatsugu Sakai

Tiu Neo

Nothing to discuss here, it's the truth. Loved creating my custom character, joining a random army, and climbing up the ranks.

Jarate

Banned
Nothing to discuss here, it's the truth. Loved creating my custom character, joining a random army, and climbing up the ranks.

AWWW Shit

ive been preaching this game for a while. The game is fairly expensive for an old PS2 game, but seriously, if you guys want an incredible strategy game, ROTK 8 is one of the best.

Tiu Neo

AWWW Shit

ive been preaching this game for a while. The game is fairly expensive for an old PS2 game, but seriously, if you guys want an incredible strategy game, ROTK 8 is one of the best.

Imported VII + VIII for kinda cheap a few years ago. Totally worth it. Still have to play X.

The only thing that DW7 kinda does better than DW8 is the story mode and its cutscenes. Well mostly the cutscenes.

2 Characters were announced for Samurai Warriors 4, Kojuro Katakura and Toyohisa Shimazu.

Really interested in how the sword, shield and flute wielding Kojuro Katakura will play.

Yawnier

Banned

I don't know if I ever played ROTK8, but I absolutely love ROTK10 and ROTK11. They are among two of my favorite strategy games ever. I've already read ROTK multiple times too :p, love that novel.

Also, the koeiwarriors forum is pretty shite but the website itself is decent for the latest news on Koei/Tecmo games. There are quite a few immature and childish people on there, I've though no doubt about that.

Jarate

Banned
I don't know if I ever played ROTK8, but I absolutely love ROTK10 and ROTK11. They are among two of my favorite strategy games ever. I've already read ROTK multiple times too :p, love that novel.

Also, the koeiwarriors forum is pretty shite but the website itself is decent for the latest news on Koei/Tecmo games. There are quite a few immature and childish people on there, I've though no doubt about that.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00009B05V/?tag=neogaf0e-20

GET IT (Buy the non 70$ version amazon is trying to sell it for)

JoRo

Does anyone happen to know if the PS3 save file for DW8 can be transferred over to the PS4 version with Xtreme Legends? I'd love to have the combo Xtreme Legends/DW8 together on PS4 (when I get a PS4, that is), but I'd hate to have to play through EVERY kingdom story again. But man, the PS4 version looks so pretty, plus there would be all the new XL content... Ugh, I guess I'll end up getting it anyway, but a save file transfer would be nice. I don't even know if that's possible on PS4 from PS3.

Shengar

If PS4 can contain that much enemies o-screen, I wonder whose musou gonna be the most hilarious to see when your 1080p screen filled with grunts.

Noi

Looks drastic enough on PS4. Finding PS3 screenshots of DW8 that aren't those bullshot-y promotional ones is hard.
ifsvhEywiveoj.jpg

i8YDfSkllOjaG.jpg

JoRo

If PS4 can contain that much enemies o-screen, I wonder whose musou gonna be the most hilarious to see when your 1080p screen filled with grunts.

I dunno about you guys, but I love seeing the one on one grab or stab musous that Huang Gai and Wang Yi have (there are others, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind). Wang Yi's air musou is pure awesome. It's like a bird stalking it's prey in the first part with her in the air, then the follow up stab in the chest while she's laying on top of them... hnnnnng

mankoto

I honestly don't know much about The Warriors games. But I figured why not start looking into it thanks to Zelda... I only have a Vita and 3DS right now, how's Next?

On a separate topic (I don't want to double post) here's an interesting interview that came up today, there's more in the link, but I only took out the most interesting bit

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/1...g-game-tecmo-koei-talks-future-possibilities/

During the interview, Famitsu asks about what kind of possibilities are in store for the next generation of Tecmo Koei’s Warriors games.

Want A Dynasty Warriors Hunting Game? Tecmo Koei Talks Future Possibilities screenshot

“On the subject of possibilities and new introductions, I believe that an open world Warriors game, or an RPG that utilizes a Warriors system would be quite interesting,” says Koinuma. “Also, we’ve acquired the knowhow of hunting-action games after developing Toukiden, so a Warriors game combined with elements of a hunting-action game would also be a possibility."

I honestly don't know much about The Warriors games. But I figured why not start looking into it thanks to Zelda... I only have a Vita right now, how's Next?

On a separate topic (I don't want to double post) here's an interesting interview that came up today, there's more in the link, but I only took out the most interesting bit

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/1...g-game-tecmo-koei-talks-future-possibilities/

Sooooooooo, a sequel to the Strikeforce series?

Or are they pretending that doesn't exist for whatever reason

-------------------------------------------

Next is ok. It gets way too heavy on all the touch gimmicks that it pretty much becomes a chore. On the plus side, it looks great, lol.

I would say the best Warriors game on the Vita right now in English is the PSP game Warriors Orochi 2.

Yawnier

Banned
I honestly don't know much about The Warriors games. But I figured why not start looking into it thanks to Zelda... I only have a Vita right now, how's Next?

Not sure how I feel about that, sounds a lot like strikeforce which I wasn't a terribly big fan of.

JoRo

I was shocked how good DW Next looked on Vita. The touch controls are a bit much, but it's still a great DW experience outside of that.

Top Bottom