• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Series Community Thread | Analyzing the complexities of Square and Triangle

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got Shin Gundam Musou for Vita today. It does not suffer from any of the framerate issues that plague the DW8+XL Vita port. No reduced sound quality, either. In fact it's easily the best musou game on the Vita from a technical standpoint. The framerate stays solid, even when the screen is filled with enemies.

pMP6pmL.jpg

Szf8FPZ.jpg

XWGsu3d.jpg

G0ss2Wn.jpg

Lyte Edge

Is there some touch feature for Shin Gundam Musou? That first screenshot basically has a giant touch me here!

It's just for activating hyper/boost mode. The game features a partner system that makes use of this, too- when you power up, your partner will come out doing his/her attacks in their own mobile suit or even in a ship, which you have full control over. It's similar to the system used in One Piece Pirate Warriors 2.

sohois

Had no idea there was a community for this. Subscribed.

Also, Zhang Liao >Ma Chao > All the other scrubs

--

I wish Koei would release some of the games on PC - well at the moment there is only 1, DW7 and it only has a Japanese release. But being without a console at the moment it's the only way I can play the series, and the english fan translation is competent enough for the game. Doubt we'll see any more of the series on PC again though. Oh well, I'll get a PS4 eventually I suppose

Had no idea there was a community for this. Subscribed.

--

I wish Koei would release some of the games on PC - well at the moment there is only 1, DW7 and it only has a Japanese release. But being without a console at the moment it's the only way I can play the series, and the english fan translation is competent enough for the game. Doubt we'll see any more of the series on PC again though. Oh well, I'll get a PS4 eventually I suppose

DW4, 5, 6 and 7 have PC releases, along with SW2, WO1 and 2, and Z. Dunno if there is versions of others out there. DWO is dead so that doesn't count.

I came here to say that Zhou Tai is the best, most badass musou character in existence.

except when they took away his katana and gave him a chinese saber. and his shredder hat.

ShinMaruku

I was just playing some dlc on warriors orochi 3 and I must say these games work really well when they have off the all dlc. Like the one where you have to make Yoshitsune get used to scantily clad ladies. It hadd Hideyoshi acting all honrable and all the wacky characters in there. And of course it ends with complete nuttery. I loved it.

Great to see the Warriors thread come back to life. I love Warriors games. I'm still waiting for R1 Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate for the Vita! Hope I can bring my R3 PS3 WO3 save file over!

Got Shin Gundam Musou for Vita today. It does not suffer from any of the framerate issues that plague the DW8+XL Vita port. No reduced sound quality, either. In fact it's easily the best musou game on the Vita from a technical standpoint. The framerate stays solid, even when the screen is filled with enemies.

Is there an English version of this?

kubricks

pMP6pmL.jpg

Szf8FPZ.jpg

XWGsu3d.jpg

G0ss2Wn.jpg

I am buying this today right after work, thx for the info! ;D

Was released today in Japan, no announcement of an English version at the moment, would be surprised if it did not though since the other 3 came out internationally.

Waiting so hard for this. Hope it comes out sooner than later, would love to get this only a few months after Extreme FB.

Tiu Neo

I bookmarked that site, looks like they do ship to Canada and that they have some good deals.

Yes, bought a lot of things from them and had no problems at all. It's pretty popular store for Brazilian importers.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sansenki/

Dynasty Tactics is now on iOS and android

loooooool (it's a good game btw, this is just such a random announcement)

I would buy that and the RotK games if they released it in english for android/iOS. If there's one genre that works well on the touch screen, it's strategy games.

Greetings, Warriors-GAF. Consider me a new member. I have a question, actually:

Has it been confirmed that in DW8: XL every character will have a second EX attack? The only reason I ask is because I really, really want Wei Yan to have that grapple attack he has in WO3 to be in DW8: XL. I find it to be the most badass attack in DW games, and it needs to be in every DW game from now until the end of time.

I am really eager to play DW8: XL, but I am going to wait until I buy a PS4 beforehand.

Yawnier

Banned

Hey, are we the same person? Those are two of my favorite characters too :p.

I would buy that and the RotK games if they released it in english for android/iOS. If there's one genre that works well on the touch screen, it's strategy games.

Last I checked actually there were two ROTK games on iOS (in english as well), I don't know about android though.

Greetings, Warriors-GAF. Consider me a new member. I have a question, actually:

Has it been confirmed that in DW8: XL every character will have a second EX attack? The only reason I ask is because I really, really want Wei Yan to have that grapple attack he has in WO3 to be in DW8: XL. I find it to be the most badass attack in DW games, and it needs to be in every DW game from now until the end of time.

I am really eager to play DW8: XL, but I am going to wait until I buy a PS4 beforehand.

Yes, everyone has a second EX now.

IIRC, Wei Yan's new EX is based off his C2 now and it's just him spinning in the air like a hedgehog.

There are videos on Youtube showing everyone's new EX attack if you are interested in seeing it.

Tiu Neo

Hey, are we the same person? Those are two of my favorite characters too :p.

Last I checked actually there were two ROTK games on iOS (in english as well), I don't know about android though.

Checked the play store, didn't find anything. Well, my old ipad was collecting dust, at least it'll get some use!

Yes, everyone has a second EX now.

IIRC, Wei Yan's new EX is based off his C2 now and it's just him spinning in the air like a hedgehog.

There are videos on Youtube showing everyone's new EX attack if you are interested in seeing it.

Thanks for that! Dammit, Wei Yan's new EX is just a variation of his already existing EX. Oh well, it's still a good move.

Guan Yinping definitely has the funniest EX now. Smash your opponents with the freakin' EARTH.

I can't believe Jim likes Dynasty Warriors. Ugh.
Brilliant.

But yes, this series is my "thing", if I were to name a videogame series being a thing. Been obsessed with it since DW3, and I've never gotten enough of it.

Ugh away, my friend. Ugh, ugh away!

cafemomo

I was shocked how good DW Next looked on Vita. The touch controls are a bit much, but it's still a great DW experience outside of that.

DW Next is one of my most played Vita games. It really does look good.

Can't wait for DW8 vita. Might import it if I'm really impatient

Son Of D

Do you guys know if DW8 PS4 can cross play with DW8 PS3 online

Oh and I really hope Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate comes out here.

I believe it's been hinted/teased at for a Summer 2014 release. It'll probably be PS3 and Vita, unless they decide to do a PS4 port as well.

Shouta

Picked up DW8 for 25 bucks during Black Friday and it finally arrived two days ago, lol. I've been itching for a regular DW recently. Empires is fun but it doesn't fill that itch quite as nice as the regular stuff.

Mecha

Brilliant.

But yes, this series is my "thing", if I were to name a videogame series being a thing. Been obsessed with it since DW3, and I've never gotten enough of it.

We got Jim Sterling now, this thread is official.

Lyte Edge

Jim Sterling approved? Jim Sterling approved. Am I the only one who hears the music from the Jimquistion intro playing in his head when reading Jim's posts? :D

Great to see the Warriors thread come back to life. I love Warriors games. I'm still waiting for R1 Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate for the Vita! Hope I can bring my R3 PS3 WO3 save file over!

Unfortunately, the save files will not be compatible.

Not yet.

TreIII

I'm a Musou fan by default, anyway. But Zelda Musou has made me the most hype to play such a game in quite awhile.

But in the meanwhile, BASARA 4 and Sengoku Musou 4 will do quite nicely!

Noi

yay my thread is Jim approved.

I just hope that PS3 > PS4 save transfers in DW8XL are confirmed to work here too. Not that I mind doing everything over again, but I'd rather my 150+ hours not go down the drain!

MegaPanda

The more I play Xingcai, the more I miss her DW5 moveset. The sword and shield just seems like a downgrade compared to the spear + shield. At the very least, they could have given the spear + shield to Zhang Bao instead. It would've made some sense too considering
that he's the one that reclaims Zhang Fei's spear after his death.

I'm trying to figure out why there isn't going to be a cross-buy option for DW8 Complete Edition on PS4/Vita. There should be a cross-saves option so I could turn my PS4 off, sync my save to my Vita, and leave the house and continue playing where I left off.

ShinMaruku

Brilliant.

The warriors series is an art to some. I say make anybody go "Ugh" Not everybody needs to love every game. I am no nutcase.

crinale

Warrios series thread! How come I didn't notice it existed.
I'm overloaded with work but perhaps I could pick up Gundam Musou this weekend.

Josephl64

still playing Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate...also Gundam looks interesting, however if I never watched the show...would I be completely lost?

RangerBAD

still playing Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate...also Gundam looks interesting, however if I never watched the show...would I be completely lost?

Well, they do cover the story to some degree, except Unicorn which stops at episode 5 (episode 7 is the last episode and it comes out in May). It's not as in-depth as actually watching the respective anime of course.

hamchan

Started playing One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 and it's amazing how much better the game is compared to the first one. No more awful platforming stages is the best part.

Josephl64

Well, they do cover the story to some degree, except Unicorn which stops at episode 5 (episode 7 is the last episode and it comes out in May). It's not as in-depth as actually watching the respective anime of course.

ah alright, so would I be okay in assuming it covers the original gundam anime?

Mephala

A combination of seeing the Zelda Musou and being reminded of the SNK Moba makes me wish there is an SNK Musou that goes through the story from Art of Fighting up to the later KoF. DLC stage of dream matches and what not where they pit you against stupid numbers and difficulties.

Wishful thinking. T_T

Silky

Banned
There's a Musou thread? :D Subbed!

A combination of seeing the Zelda Musou and being reminded of the SNK Moba makes me wish there is an SNK Musou that goes through the story from Art of Fighting up to the later KoF. DLC stage of dream matches and what not where they pit you against stupid numbers and difficulties.

Wishful thinking. T_T

SNK Musou....oh baby

squall23

Almost every MS I've used got nerfed since the last game. Nu only has I-Field barrier with SP, Unicorn only has NTD with Burst, and God can't spin2win like he used to. DX got buffed though, it's charge shot is excellent.

Listonosh

Definitely DW8. It's the newest and best one. Though if you want to spend less DW7 is fine. Just stay away from 6...

Wasn't 6 the one that had the unlimited combo system? Where you would essentially never break out of your combos and continually attack? I thought that was pretty awesome.

Top Bottom