• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 releasing in May 2014!

Weetrick

On the latest Nintendo Voice Chat podcast, Jose hinted at some new Mario kart news that he couldn't confirm yet.

This would be a nice surprise, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Hindl

Fuck I want this to be so true it hurts but this is almost definitely Amazon screwing up dates. Especially since Nintendo would announce this in a Direct probably, and that probably won't come for another 2 weeks at least.

But oh man, if Nintendo sends out an update on social media announcing this change...that would be incredible.

Davey Cakes

I don't get "fucking up dates." It's not like the estimated delivery date wasn't already set to June 3rd before, which is in line with the original release date plus shipping time.

Amazon can be weird though.

It'd be nice if they locked in my points on the pre-order, regardless.

AdanVC

Woah, it would be amazing if MK8 gets released on april instead. May 30th seems soooo far away and the only worthy release Wii U has on april is NES Remix 2...

Spiderduff

I think its mistake. I looked it up on Amazon as well and its saying the game released on March 10th and that it takes from 2 to 4 weeks to deliver which would drops it in the middle of April.

Jethro

Pipe Dream: New Direct around the corner with the new MK8 Release Date and the reason behind that decision is they have another Title ready for May/June.

TreIII

Pipe Dream: New Direct around the corner with the new MK8 Release Date and the reason behind that decision is they have another Title ready for May/June.
I'd buy that, if it meant Zelda Musou was ready to be released (and thus adhered to the Summer 2014 dating from the Japanese Direct).

Anyway, I am all for them moving it up, if they can really say that the game is jam-packed with content for both SP and MP. I'm at least expecting a revamped Mission Mode from MKDS!

MegalonJJ

Banned
Most likely date screw-up by Amazon but it ought to be noted that the DKC:TF delay was first 'noticed' by an Amazon date change, before Nintendo later confirmed it.

Most likely date screw-up by Amazon but it ought to be noted that the DKC:TF delay was first 'noticed' by an Amazon date change, before Nintendo later confirmed it.
I can't remember now but didn't they also have the correct date when they made the change and not just a placeholder?

Either way March 10th couldn't be right unless Nintendo stealth released the game two weeks ago and no one noticed O_O

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This would be great if true.

hughesta

Banned
I can't remember now but didn't they also have the correct date when they made the change and not just a placeholder?

Either way March 10th couldn't be right unless Nintendo stealth released the game two weeks ago and no one noticed O_O
I love the image of a gamer just walking into GameStop and finding an untouched row of Mario Kart 8 copies sitting there, covered in dust.

I just checked the MK8 webpage on Amazon. It says it would ship in 2-4 weeks, and it doesn't say "Pre-Order: Add to Cart" like every other game that is not out. Could it be out coming out early?

Anth0ny

Moving the release date up would be a very good idea.

The wait from now until May 30th with ZERO Wii U games is fucking brutal. Wii U actually got some sales momentum from Donkey Kong, believe it or not. 3+ months between DK and the next game would stop it dead in its tracks.

Andrew.

Banned
Is the release still May 30th?

Ugh. Well, at least we get NES Remix Vol. 2 to keep us occupied til then (late April)

Right?

......Right?

So...I think it might be out earlier than expected. I just chatted with Amazon support, they said they might be receiving the game earlier than expected. I can post the conversation if you guys like.

Andrew.

Banned
Moving the release date up would be a very good idea.

The wait from now until May 30th with ZERO Wii U games is fucking brutal. Wii U actually got some sales momentum from Donkey Kong, believe it or not. 3+ months between DK and the next game would stop it dead in its tracks.

Yeah but dude, PS4 and One owners have jack shit to play until what, September?

That's pretty brutal too. We can all be miserable together.

jmizzal

So...I think it might be out earlier than expected. I just chatted with Amazon support, they said they might be receiving the game earlier than expected. I can post the conversation if you guys like.

Something is up, I hope its true, might mean other games are ready and they can release Mario Kart 8 earlier, then we can get Bayo 2 and Hyrule Warriors summer in NA too

Could we get a ND this week, I def expect one early April

3D world was supposed to be a December release but got bumped to November.

Just last year actually. Super Mario 3D World was going to come out in December, and Tropical Freeze was coming out in November. Those games switched release months, and TF got delayed to Feb.

Last year 3D World was set for December but was changed to November at some point.

Oh, right.

Hmm..

Maybe the end of May release date was the absolute latest that Nintendo would release it, and the final stages of development went better than planned.

Maybe, Nintendo didnt think it was wise to release it right before e3, if they didnt have to.

Still, i can't get my hopes up.

Anth0ny

Yeah but dude, PS4 and One owners have jack shit to play until what, September?

That's pretty brutal too. We can all be miserable together.

PS4 just got Infamous. Xbone just got Titanfall. They both just got Ground Zeroes.

+

MLB 14 in May (PS4)
Watch Dogs in May
The Evil Within in August
Destiny in September

Wii U between now and September is looking like Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, and...

HaNks

Banned
if they've finished it well within schedule, early release seems a no-brainer. early eshop release? don't think that would please retailers much...

it is a game they could be pushing hard via digital, providing the price is comparable. will still go for the retail myself.

PS4 just got Infamous. Xbone just got Titanfall. They both just got Ground Zeroes.

+

MLB 14 in May (PS4)
Watch Dogs in May
Destiny in September

Hmmmm looks like I have a long wait to see some real titles on these next gens :(

Watch dogs was on my radar a long time ago, kinda dropped off now, comeon E3!!!

Andrew.

Banned

+

MLB 14 in May (PS4)
Watch Dogs in May
Destiny in September

Dont forget NES Remix vol. 2! We dont even have a definite date for Bayo yet =(

What the hell do we do during June and July and most of August? Summers are always empty with game releases so maybe Platinum can shower us with a godsend.

jmizzal

if they've finished it well within schedule, early release seems a no-brainer. early eshop release? don't think that would please retailers much...

it is a game they could be pushing hard via digital, providing the price is comparable. will still go for the retail myself.

They released WW HD early digital, also the Mario Kart VC promotion discount on Mario Kart 8 is coming this week

Mr-Joker

Banned
Does Nintendo know how to do box arts or what?!

VyE5SqE.jpg

I will always love The Wonderful 101 box art, so wonderful.

Dont forget NES Remix vol. 2! We dont even have a definite date for Bayo yet =(

What the hell do we do during June and July and most of August? Summers are always empty with game releases so maybe Platinum can shower us with a godsend.

Most people don't play that much during the summer with the better weather and holidays ;) guess that's why there are never any AAA releases then

22015 cinema year, 2016 huge game year is my guess

Top Bottom