• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 releasing in May 2014!

Varg

Banned
Disappointed on the release date. Should have been March or April at the latest. I trust that they are making this the best mario kart possible

I knew it. The last year of major/consistent home console support Nintendo saw was 2010. So we're soon reaching a 4 year drought. Congrats, Iwata.
So much for keeping momentum, lol.

As someone who has played it, I'm not really looking forward to it that much. Plays almost identically to the Wii version, which is the worst version in my opinion.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It was rumored to be April but we finaly got a confirmation on release date which is May. I'm pleased with the scheduled month. I can't wait to pick it up.

Andrew.

Banned
Ive played every Kart, and never once actually bought a copy of one. This will be my first.

Mostly because there wont be fuckall to play on the machine post February 21st.

Snaku

Banned
Right after finals. Convenient for busy college students that don't have time for games, but uh....sorry everyone else with free time. Buy a PS4 or Xbone. =/

Anony

really, the fuck are we going to do from now till may, i bet smash will prob come out at that time as well

if it does, i'm only getting one of those games
had they some planning, i would get both of them if the release is spaced out

really, the fuck are we going to do from now till may, i bet smash will prob come out at that time as well

if it does, i'm only getting one of those games
had they some planning, i would get both of them if the release is spaced out

Smash is probably a holiday game.

AzaK

So 3 months minimum without a new Wii U game I want to play. That might be just enough time for me to give up completely and get a PS4.

spliced

Long drought between DK and MK but there is loads of stuff coming out for other systems in March so multisystem people should be fine.

Alcibiades

Anyone seriously think Smash is a 2014 game? Development began less than 2 years ago for a project that probably takes a good 3+ years.

I've been saying since it was announced that Mid-2015 (or maybe Q1 next March) is a much more reasonable because a 2-year development cycle just didn't make sense. They had to delay Brawl, which didn't have the HD or a 3DS game in the works. Trying to polish, balance, and perfect that game is probably going to take months once it is "completed."

Top Bottom