• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 releasing in May 2014!

I just chatted with Amazon support myself, sounds like they are pretty confident about the new Mario Kart 8 release date..

MitvI32.png

"I want to inform you that the item was already released"
Yeah... in the past the Amazon rep's have been pretty silly with this stuff, take it with a pinch of salt.

narton

Aww man, I was out today and went ahead and payed for Mario Kart at gamestop in full with some trades. I'd be really upset if it was just amazon getting and dispatching early, but I bet it'll be fixed.

I think I remember someone's store description mentioning you could make your own tracks with the gamepad. But it was only that one store that mentions it. Maybe that's the IGN news?

Tabasco

Holy fucking shit.

I'm so hyped right now thanks to this thread and all the evidence.

I just hope it's true.

Aww man, I was out today and went ahead and payed for Mario Kart at gamestop in full with some trades. I'd be really upset if it was just amazon getting and dispatching early, but I bet it'll be fixed.

I think I remember someone's store description mentioning you could make your own tracks with the gamepad. But it was only that one store that mentions it. Maybe that's the IGN news?

I think that was newegg, and the info came from a mario kart 8 wiki page, iirc.

I was the biggest Nintendo apologist there was but damn if I'm not sour and bitter with them now. The wiiu support has been a disaster of epic proportions. It's a complete failure in my eyes. It's the only Nintendo console ive ever owned that just sits by my tv collecting dust. Pathetic.

Their decision to not make the wii an hd console and learn to develop in hd like sony and Microsoft is going to be their ultimate undoing.

I was the biggest Nintendo apologist there was but damn if I'm not sour and bitter with them now. The wiiu support has been a disaster of epic proportions. It's a complete failure in my eyes. It's the only Nintendo console ive ever owned that just sits by my tv collecting dust. Pathetic.

Their decision to not make the wii an hd console and learn to develop in hd like sony and Microsoft is going to be their ultimate undoing.

What does this have to do with MK8? There are plenty of other topics to hate on Nintendo - this is NeoGAF. Go there.

Hiltz

I don't necessarily see the point of a Wii HD doing much for Nintendo back in say, 2010. It would impact their development schedule for Wii software in that year, and who would this console be aim at anyway ? The expanded audience would likely be content with sticking to their old Wii and its not like they care much for HD resolution. What controller would the Wii HD primarily use, the motion plus ? I think most people would be disappointed since Wii U wouldn't seem like much of a potential change from the Wii. Besides, its not like third parties were very content with the sales of their hardcore titles on Wii, so at best, we'd probably see some niche efforts on Wii HD like what we mostly got from third party publishers on Wii anyway.

Ignore if already posted but Japan are getting some cool (I think) looking Gamepad cases to coincide with Mario Kart 8 release:

y2lTp6v.png

georly

If this gets bumped up, I think that's a really good sign from nintendo. Like, really really good. Like, they actually have more games coming out sooner than later. If this gets bumped up that means they don't want it to compete in sales with other Nintendo games coming out may through end of year. It also is a sign that they know that they need a mario kart to help sell systems and they need it sooner than later, especially so that they can sell the rest of 2014's lineup. If so, I smell an early april Direct with some hope for the future. I really really hope this is true.

Deku Tree

They on a very frequent basis tell retailers release dates and anounce new products to them before officially announcing this info to the public.

Give me an example when Amazon previously accidentally reveal a release date early bump for another game? (not a delay...)

Andrew.

Banned
Seriously, what a horrendous fucking release date. May 30th? You might as well release it June 6th. It's just another week.

The games gotta be practically gold at this point right? I mean cant they cut us a break and put that shit out on the 16th or hell, even the 23rd?

COME ON

Top Bottom