• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

I don't know if I'd agree. I personally dislike grinding to make things viable once I have them. And you still have to do it for +s and skill-ups, so it isn't like that factor isn't there.
Splurging on Gungho PEM gave me about 11 +egg holders and I have a few 297 TAMAs in my mail still. I have 20+ piis of each color in my mail too (which I really should start using before they expire). My problem is similar to Jody's - hard to pull anything new without landing a ton of crap or worthless dupes. I'm more prone to throw stones at collab and seasonal REMs if I'm less likely to get a bunch of dupes than the traditional REM.

What I really hope they do is make jewels more worthwhile again. They are taking up the bulk of my mailbox space and I'm not enthused at the prospect of spending stones to store them in my regular box in ~90 days. I guess I could always sell them lol.

I'm not a fan of micromanaging stamina and not having stamina to keep farming is awful (especially early game) but the entire structure of the game is sadly built around it. Without stamina, team cost (and therefore card cost and the "big" single-player badges) would be irrelevant. The value of MP and MP cards would nosedive if you could infinitely farm it. Even if not many players stone for continues or refreshes, it's still something that wastes stones, which is better for GungHo's coffers in the long run.
Gotta keep the stamina system so players don't play more than one hour a day. 😉

Bladelaw

I thought I saw on Discord that it was random.

It's random but once you know which one you have that will always be the one.

In other news I FINALLY GOT ANOTHER CRUSADER. Need Geist and Justice another still but it's progress. How many descends have alt drops?
Agni, Star Justice, Cosmo Crusader, Liberty Geist, Kuramitsuha...any others?

well, got this today too

4yIyKwu.png

has it really been 1000 days

Bladelaw

Anyone here clearing coliseum? If so with what team(s)? I really want Orpharion and I'm sure I have the box for it but I don't know enough about the dungeon in practice to effectively team build for it. I know gravity and delay are crucial. I don't have any machine killer latents so I'd be reliant on either cards with the awakening or just do a stupid amount of damage. If the head was a guaranteed drop from Mech Zeus/Hera I'd probably just stone my way through it. Bonus is it looks like it'll become a tech in the near future so I'd like to grab the stone for it today.

I guess I could run Minerva cheese but I don't know that I have 4 hours to get through this.

EDIT: Just popped on JP to get the login goodies and apparently over the last few months I've been gifted enough MP to buy Dathena. So I'm probably going to grab her since I have a decent but a little janky team.

Dath, Haku, Sima Yi, Eschamali, CeresMari. It's jank but it's actually the first fully functional team I'd have over in JP. I'll be short skill ups and +'s for a while but they're pretty generous over there so I'm not too concerned.

J0dy77

I'm at the point where I make my own fun for the game. I like trying oddball leads with new or interesting mechanics. Today's task is getting Awoken Durga up and running. I have everything I need except XP and I think one green divine mask. Having these little tasks are nice, then you get to play with the new toy.

I've been toying with writing an LMeta team guide just because she's doesn't appear to be getting much love for some reason. She's surprisingly flexible to build around.

I agree, I like trying out the new leads and making personal challenges. It's what keeps me playing at this point. I still think Yamamoto is a very underappreciated lead after all my testing.

Quantum

I think the game needs a re-vamp. having played many mmorpgs on of the things I like to do is run alts/sub accounts

rather than having multiple teams in each account I think the game would benefit from having "sub" accounts - or a running record of what each team is able to beat - certainly giving awards for each accomplishment would be ideal, but a running list of each teams accomplishments would encourage players to branch out.

- each team could have its own set of friends lists
- each team could have a running tab of the dungeons it has passed.

- as with many recent posts I am completely burnt out skilling and leveling cards to create alternative teams that I'd like to try but really serve no purpose - so just not doing it and playing other stuff recently.

p.s. - middle finger to stream rewards, friday at 9pm - lol - I'll be out for dinner/drinks

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
JP having another 10 stone REM, this time though it has all regular pantheon monsters as pulls, but they drop at max LV / skill LV / awakenings

What stage of evo? Would be worth 10 stones to skip having to exp up a revo, otherwise GH can fuck off with their 10 stone REM garbage.

10-stone stuff is obnoxious as hell, it's a huge investment for NIAP (and IAP) players and it's getting less and less worth it (the current one is a joke)

Sweetening the pot by evolving them once, something that for every pantheon monster in the game takes ~2 hours worth of stamina at most, is silly

we just want a REM refresh with less junk and more reasonable 5*s, but apparently that's too much to ask -- even pantheons being 6* now is the future apparently

p.s. - middle finger to stream rewards, friday at 9pm - lol - I'll be out for dinner/drinks

ya friday night streams are obnoxious as hell but thankfully not being in PST I can usually make it home by 1-2AM or whenever the site closes

Aesnath

Tried the OSC on a whim, died at Lucifer. 7 combos is hard without skyfall. But it is hephdra, so I wonder if I can cheese it with Minerva.

What stage of evo? Would be worth 10 stones to skip having to exp up a revo, otherwise GH can fuck off with their 10 stone REM garbage.

I think the implication seems to be awoken forms, as the only pantheons have awoken only. Still, kinda seems like a solid deal, given how godfests have been playing out. I'd much rather spend 10 stones on a pantheon than most GFE.

Edit: just read Quantum, pre awoken forms really reduces the value of the max skill thing for most of them.

So in my ongoing search for a viable 7x6 team I've tried pairing RYomi with Romia and so far it looks promising.

I still need to revo my Artemi but the final team will look like this:

RYomi
RMeimei
RMeimei
RArtemis
RArtemis
Romia

True full activation that includes 5o1e green with green TPA is pretty easy on 7x6 if the orbs exist and the Meimeis hit for incredible damage, like over 10mil each and mine aren't even plussed yet.

Team Simulator

Bladelaw

Tried the OSC on a whim, died at Lucifer. 7 combos is hard without skyfall. But it is hephdra, so I wonder if I can cheese it with Minerva.

I think the implication seems to be awoken forms, as the only pantheons have awoken only. Still, kinda seems like a solid deal, given how godfests have been playing out. I'd much rather spend 10 stones on a pantheon than most GFE.

Edit: just read Quantum, pre awoken forms really reduces the value of the max skill thing for most of them.
Fun fact: the SBR badge can work against Lucifer. With Minerva cheese that means you can ignore his bullshit if you get lucky on the coin toss and bring an awakening bind clear.

I wonder if the 6* panetheons actually have that much worse rates to pull - since there's way more junk in 5* it might actually not be significantly more difficult to pull a specific 6*.

Aesnath

Fun fact: the SBR badge can work against Lucifer. With Minerva cheese that means you can ignore his bullshit if you get lucky on the coin toss and bring an awakening bind clear.

I've not unlocked that badge yet. I can't get over 51% on a rank dungeon. I suck.

3P might be fun when NA gets it just to watch players attempt to pilot teams they obviously don't have the ability to play (this happens all the time in JP 3P)

W-00

Incoming evo-mat skill rotation on June 2! Oh boy oh boy oh boy, I hope Satsuki will be included this time! The Satsuki triplets on my alt (and one on my main) have been waiting months for a chance at skill-ups.

She is! Woohoo!

And her skill-up mat is... Dark PreDRA. And only Dark PreDRA.

Fuck you, GungHo.

they need to remove predras from the skillup rotation and add the -lits or keepers or dragon seeds or pengdras or whatever

the only time you would blow thousands of MP on skilling up a card is if you have your paycheck directly deposit into GungHo America's account or if you hate yourself and want to die

With A1 being a reasonable and quick stamina dump now to stave off 5 more hours of stamina management, I'm strongly considering pulling out of the skillup game almost entirely. I haven't cared about tans in maybe two months. Plus, most good cards are getting to the point where skillup monsters are irrelevant for awoken/reincarnated forms anyway.

tricho

Hey. I'm looking for a suitable bindclear option for my revo bastet team.
I'm cooping with myself and use following Teams:

A: Revo Bastet - Vishnu - Kaede - Super Gunma - Revo Yomi (Need dem fingers)

B: Revo Bastet - Robin Hood - Verdandi - Super Gunma - Revo Kush

Right now i'm very susceptible to binds cause only Kush is bind immun and has the row bind clear.

So i'm not sure what bindclear i could use. I have Grodin on both accounts but his awakenings dont really fit my team and playstyle.

Thank you. :)

The correct and obvious answer is Odin Dragon (Light Lance Form), which is technically farmable: unbindable, 2 fingers, 7 combo awakening, active provides full bind and awoken bind recovery.

You can always inherit GrOdin on someone like Vishnu or Gunma if you need the active bind clear -- it will give some extra stats as well. Other bind clear greens you might have are Alraune, Mito (unbindable), or Ceres, and you could farm Ras or Star Justice if you felt you desperately needed a hard bind clear.

Otherwise I'm not really sure that you need an active for it except in very specific dungeons. Scrounging together 6 hearts, especially with Kaede and Verdandi able to (almost) guarantee that through their actives, should be fine for most things up to and including the Arenas.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hey. I'm looking for a suitable bindclear option for my revo bastet team.
I'm cooping with myself and use following Teams:

A: Revo Bastet - Vishnu - Kaede - Super Gunma - Revo Yomi (Need dem fingers)

B: Revo Bastet - Robin Hood - Verdandi - Super Gunma - Revo Kush

Right now i'm very susceptible to binds cause only Kush is bind immun and has the row bind clear.

So i'm not sure what bindclear i could use. I have Grodin on both accounts but his awakenings dont really fit my team and playstyle.

Thank you. :)
Do you not have any inheritable bind clears? A lot of the silver trash pulls from the REM that long time players bitch about make good bind clear options such as the fairy tale girls or the dragon knights. If you don't have any of them, farm up Aamir.

I only play my revo Bastet for easier farming stuff, but is it really necessary to have a Gunma on both of your teams when you're cooping? Her multiplier without activation is enough to clear a lot of trash floors and it seems wasteful to basically be playing a man down on both of your teams.

tricho

I use this team mainly for Arena 1. Only wipes i get are Sopdet, Parvati and unlucky Binds. And i want to get more consistend with a hardbind clear.

I have Revo Ceres. Dont ask me my i havent considered her. Thanks for the hint Moblin! I have Grodin inherit on Kaede but she is not bind immune... and by murphys law you know where the bind will hit. ;).

You are right Liquid. But i'm used to the gunma use on both teams. Maybe i will swap Revo Ceres for Gunma on team A .... maybe i will get along without it.

Thanks for your help guys. :)

Bladelaw

I got the green Samurai 2 god from the free JP pull of the 10 stone Pantheon REM. I'm ok with this.

Also I just realized I could be pairing Sima Yi with Dathena. For where my JP account is right now it's plenty sufficient to clear normal, techs, and most descends. Still super short on skill ups since I haven't been carefully planning Py distributions but hey it's an actual team. Sheena-->Simy Yi is a hell of a burst on a 7x6 board.

Bladelaw

I don't understand the purpose of this new evo mat dungeon. Why these particular drops? Is it going to change daily?

In PADX it's called Evo Materials Survey Dungeon so maybe this was voted on in JP? I'm not going to complain too much since my alt needs Urd skill ups so his is pretty convenient (after 6/2 at least).

In PADX it's called Evo Materials Survey Dungeon so maybe this was voted on in JP? I'm not going to complain too much since my alt needs Urd skill ups so his is pretty convenient (after 6/2 at least).
Ok. Yeah I'm not gonna complain because everything needs dub mythlits and I always need dub topalits for evoing baby tamas.

bjork

I got maxed skill on... that fire lady with the crazy name and the 20% HP cut, good times.

Also got Awoken Karin max awakened, so she's in my blue team now. Now I want to look at getting one of each color (like blue+red, blue+yellow, etc) for levels that need all colors represented. I think it'll be like
Meri (blue/green)
Awoken Karin
Claymore (blue/red)
Alrescha (blue purple)
and maybe Sumire for blue/yellow?

Not sure what that gives me for skill binds and whatnot, but I think the only other blue/reds I have are Scheat and a dragon, and I have zero other blue/yellows than Sumire

Bladelaw

I got maxed skill on... that fire lady with the crazy name and the 20% HP cut, good times.

Also got Awoken Karin max awakened, so she's in my blue team now. Now I want to look at getting one of each color (like blue+red, blue+yellow, etc) for levels that need all colors represented. I think it'll be like
Meri (blue/green)
Awoken Karin
Claymore (blue/red)
Alrescha (blue purple)
and maybe Sumire for blue/yellow?

Not sure what that gives me for skill binds and whatnot, but I think the only other blue/reds I have are Scheat and a dragon, and I have zero other blue/yellows than Sumire
If you need 100% SBR Claymore and Scheat will disappoint. Scheat is the better choice for damage though since Claymore's active doesn't help your team whereas scheat can flood the board which is usually what you want for Meri (unless there's a combo shield). Your choices with regard to SBR: Pair Meri with a different lead that has SBR (Andromeda might work if you can find a friend that has her up), use an off color sub in the Claymore slot with SBR, accept 80% SBR and curse your luck when it doesn't pan out, or use the 50% SBR badge. Unfortunately the SBR badge requires doing well enough in a ranking dungeon to earn which can be a pain in the ass.

Aesnath

Well, I'm weak. I made another roll on director's carnival last night.

Apocalypse

Kinda cool. Seems like it was a GFE for a while then they demoted it. Active is relevant to at least a couple of teams as well.

His concept is...strange. Like, he is a one-off GFE that is some odd rainbow cyberdragon. Was he supposed to be king of the cyberdragons or something? The concept is just very strange.

I'm ready to find out what is in the PCGF. I would kinda like to sit it out, as I feel like I have too much to work on already; but if it does end up being pantheon-heavy, I will find it hard to do so.

Also, I'm super happy that back to 4x descends. Maybe I'll get to die on Lucifer a fourth time! Last time, I had seven combos, but neglected to see how two sets of green were touching in an unfortunate manner. Combo shields are the devil.

whaaaaaaa people still do this?

I would go crazy

when I came back to the game and y'all told me that farming and evolving Pengdras isn't a thing anymore it was such a relief
I feed most of the babies and I don't farm specifically to evo them but I never sell any of the mats needed so they accumulate over time and I use them when I can.

LiQuid!

Mishap with my new iphone today and my PAD account is now RIP. Hope Gung Ho's customer service is on point otherwise it's going to be suicide watch time for ol' LiQuid!

Bladelaw

Mishap with my new iphone today and my PAD account is now RIP. Hope Gung Ho's customer service is on point otherwise it's going to be suicide watch time for ol' LiQuid!

Holy shit! Good luck with support. From most accounts if you IAP'ed it's way easier to recover an account so it should just be a matter of time.

LiQuid!

I might lose my consecutive logins if this takes more than a day and it's the weekend... I think it's actually just suicide watch time regardless.

LiQuid!

Why would they give you the transfer code in the IN GAME mail. That shit pisses me off. If they SMS'd it to me I could just reuse the code, but I didn't write it down and I wasn't expecting to lose access to the account on my old phone too. I had icloud enabled and everything but it didn't restore it.

LiQuid!

I'm actually in a fucking state right now. They couldn't even be bothered to send me a confirmation email of some kind so I know my request went thru.

Why can't these idiots have some kind of facebook or game center integration for fuck's sake. All the other trash ass cell phone games I play just work on the new phone, no problem.

I'm typing like an angry person but IRL I'm actually very sad and scared. This sucks.

yep, it's a really weirdly old-school system given how much money they
used to
rake in.

I dug through the maze of options and wrote down those dumb device codes and everything and keep them on my PC.

If you spent any money (the "one-time deal" etc.) bring it up in all your correspondence :/

Aesnath

Why would they give you the transfer code in the IN GAME mail. That shit pisses me off. If they SMS'd it to me I could just reuse the code, but I didn't write it down and I wasn't expecting to lose access to the account on my old phone too. I had icloud enabled and everything but it didn't restore it.

For reference, we had to restore my son's PAD account about a month ago. I never thought to write down his secret code, so that was an issue. I filled out their form, they will ask you for some monsters and a stage that you beat recently. They would also like a date of a purchase on the account. Additionally, they want a picture of the receipt (not sure if it was necessary or just helpful, but they asked for it specifically after I initially filled out the form). The whole thing took from Apr 27 until May 5 to get his account back up and running.

Good luck.

LiQuid!

For reference, we had to restore my son's PAD account about a month ago. I never thought to write down his secret code, so that was an issue. I filled out their form, they will ask you for some monsters and a stage that you beat recently. They would also like a date of a purchase on the account. Additionally, they want a picture of the receipt (not sure if it was necessary or just helpful, but they asked for it specifically after I initially filled out the form). The whole thing took from Apr 27 until May 5 to get his account back up and running.

Good luck.
Well that's the end of my consecutive logins then. Fuck me I guess. I wrote down my secret codes thankfully, for whatever good that will do.

I just wish I knew what happened. Somewhere during the process of restoring my new phone somehow whatever icloud backup I had just wiped for no reason that I can tell. I even successfully transferred the account to the new phone at first, but then my new phone fucked up and I had to restore to factory default. Nothing else on my icloud wiped except PAD...

Are there benefits to the consecutive login besides the 7-day 10k gold and 2 free PAL rolls (and the larger number)?

I thought all the worthwhile bonuses like the stones and 1000-day Tama and such were cumulative bonuses.

Top Bottom