• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Negator

Pulled for Meri yesterday...didnt get her but Uruka. Sadly i dont have too much use for her but she is my first 75k MP unit.

If you're not teambuilding with her, she is mostly used as an inherit for troublesome Arena 3 spawns. Plenty of use to go around!

Unless you already have Fujin, then ;_;

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If you're not teambuilding with her, she is mostly used as an inherit for troublesome Arena 3 spawns. Plenty of use to go around!

Unless you already have Fujin, then ;_;

Yeah thanks, i saw that she i used in RaDra or similar teams but i dont run any of those. Her CD is quite high as well...i think ill just use her Dark version on my Dathena team as a regular sub - double TPA + nearly 3K attack is impressive.

Kwhit10

I Yolo pulled on the pink REM and got a diamond egg... Karin eh. I have 3 of the regular ones already

Edit... Then tries my luck for one pull on director choice and got another diamond egg... Ameratasu, my first.

Bladelaw

There's a couple of nice things in the Pink REM but nothing worth chasing IMO (Standard collab rules apply I guess?). It'll be nice when Kenshin comes back. Not for anything specific just that it's a solid collab with decent bait across rarities.

My alt cashed in a bunch of stones from the mail and made two pulls: Julie and Illmina. So now I can self coop Julie in A3. It's not as fun as LMeta coop though.

I'm actually really surprised by how good LMeta is in A3. The biggest problem is in order to bring the utility needed for A3 you sacrifice a lot of orb changers so you need to know where you can stall, and when you need 5, 8, 9, or 10 lights to sweep.

Current team takes advantage of guard break:
LMeta (Varies, currently Uruka)
Revo Indra (Indra)
L/B Apollo (Revo Apollo)
Revo Ra (Varies, currently Saria)
Wedding Izanami (Orochi)
LMeta (Light Cecil)

The team has ~37k HP with the HP badge, can recover all of it with 3 hearts, and deals over 10 million per card with 2 crosses. Guard break is for the high defense floors so I don't have to waste an active.

Aesnath

The Pink REM is a hard pass for me. Even though there are some seasonal pulls I'd like, they didn't even put most of those in.

I'm also mourning the loss of any manner of easy XP. It is starting to take gross amounts of XP to level me (rank 552), so I'm just having to wait on natural stamina.

Messing around this weekend, I decided to try Kaede as a lead, since I pulled my second a few GFs ago and got to skill it this weekend. I'm still waiting on Wednesday to evo my Ruel, but, in the meantime, I've been prepping green attackers. I kind of had a bad taste in my mouth about kaede due to the fixed team challenge, but I walked away pretty impressed. 49x with two green matches, crazy TPAs, more time than gremory and actives nearly every turn. Honestly, I think I was too focused on getting that third green match (which is tough for me with a heartcross, see Ronove), but since it works with two, it is nice. Also, I had a lot of green skyfall uptime with Vishnu, which made the occasional green skyfall somewhat realistic. It kind of makes me want a third kaede so I can give the whole system a shot. For reference my team was Kaede (lead)/Kaede/Vishnu/Perseus/Verdandi.

Yaaaaaay! Glad you're finally out of that hell.
Thanks! Only took ~20 runs this time.

King Tanned her for skills because F that dungeon.
Fed her tamas.
Fed her + eggs.
Fed her Extreme Kings and actually got a Great with no bonus chance!

Ok time to add her to the team....

Cost Exceeded.

O_O

I can still use her, just with the +1 sec badge. It will take about a dozen more ranks before I'll have enough team cost for the +2. The quest continues, haha.

Bladelaw

The Pink REM is a hard pass for me. Even though there are some seasonal pulls I'd like, they didn't even put most of those in.

I'm also mourning the loss of any manner of easy XP. It is starting to take gross amounts of XP to level me (rank 552), so I'm just having to wait on natural stamina.

Messing around this weekend, I decided to try Kaede as a lead, since I pulled my second a few GFs ago and got to skill it this weekend. I'm still waiting on Wednesday to evo my Ruel, but, in the meantime, I've been prepping green attackers. I kind of had a bad taste in my mouth about kaede due to the fixed team challenge, but I walked away pretty impressed. 49x with two green matches, crazy TPAs, more time than gremory and actives nearly every turn. Honestly, I think I was too focused on getting that third green match (which is tough for me with a heartcross, see Ronove), but since it works with two, it is nice. Also, I had a lot of green skyfall uptime with Vishnu, which made the occasional green skyfall somewhat realistic. It kind of makes me want a third kaede so I can give the whole system a shot. For reference my team was Kaede (lead)/Kaede/Vishnu/Perseus/Verdandi.

I'm curious how Kaede system works in the current meta. I can build pretty much the "perfect" Kaede system (I think?) Kaede x3, Odin Dragon, and something to hold Facet inherit (Revo Parvati? Awoken Perseus? Vishnu?). I don't have enough skill delay to just load everyone up with 5 to make it an A3 team, plus I'd expect trouble from Heph dragon since he breaks the system and hera dragon because skyfall. I did skill the others up this week though. I'm not saying she can't clear A3 with those spawns, just I lack the skill to reliably navigate those scenarios.

EDIT:
I'd like Halloween Rozuel, NY Yomi, or Halloween Parvati but there's so much crap in the Pink REM it's really hard to justify rolling.

Aesnath

I'm curious how Kaede system works in the current meta. I can build pretty much the "perfect" Kaede system (I think?) Kaede x3, Odin Dragon, and something to hold Facet inherit (Revo Parvati? Awoken Perseus? Vishnu?). I don't have enough skill delay to just load everyone up with 5 to make it an A3 team, plus I'd expect trouble from Heph dragon since he breaks the system and hera dragon because skyfall. I did skill the others up this week though. I'm not saying she can't clear A3 with those spawns, just I lack the skill to reliably navigate those scenarios.

EDIT:
I'd like Halloween Rozuel, NY Yomi, or Halloween Parvati but there's so much crap in the Pink REM it's really hard to justify rolling.

Yeah, I'm genuinely unsure about how anything stacks up to true end-game content, as the closest I've come is one-shot challenges and the occasional radar dragon-cheese. I do seem to recall Kaede being near the top of the tier lists when A3 was the endgame benchmark, so I bet it is pretty doable.

I think I was just surprised at how well the whole thing played. I imagine with the system variant, the constant stream of heart and green seems great. Not only that, but the vishnu skyfall uptime could be constant. I was also impressed with how much everyone did with one TPA, a second green, and a cross (probably just about the most I can do at one time reliably). It just seemed like it would be a smooth playing experience. On the other hand, you still have problems with combo shields (the cancer for heart-cross) and, with a system, you'll have to rely on inherits for a lot actives, and, without using the system, your ability to stall may be somewhat impaired, hurting your ability to get to those inherits. Still, I quite enjoyed it, and would try the system if I had the third Kaede.

Thanks! Only took ~20 runs this time.

King Tanned her for skills because F that dungeon.
Fed her tamas.
Fed her + eggs.
Fed her Extreme Kings and actually got a Great with no bonus chance!

Ok time to add her to the team....

Cost Exceeded.

O_O

I can still use her, just with the +1 sec badge. It will take about a dozen more ranks before I'll have enough team cost for the +2. The quest continues, haha.

Crap, I missed that you finally got her. Congrats!

But yeah, it is weird to have team cost matter again. When I first got the +HP badge, I was surprised at how few of my teams could fit under the reduced cost. Not as much of a concern now, but I'm never ranking up again.

Bladelaw

Right now I'm playing with a bunch of different team compositions to find my favorite (most reliable while being faster than Minerva cheese) A3 team. Julie is probably my most reliable clear but I'm a little short on team cost to run the 35% RCV badge (Rag Drag x2, Mathena, and Odin Drag are 500 team cost LOL) so it doesn't stall as effectively as Aizen and LMeta but the extra HP makes up for a lot. LMeta is the most fun, mostly because using a former joke card to clear A3 is fun as hell. Not as consistent since I need to be extra careful where I can stall and how much damage I deal. I lack a DMeta so my Aizen team is only a little more consistent than LMeta. Ra Dragon works well enough but it's exhausting to play over the course of A3 when I can get comparable damage out of the others for less effort, and with Julie I don't even have to sacrifice HP. Dathena is great but I get skill bound all the time with this team.

That's why I'm wondering about Kaede system. It seems that with a system you don't have to stall and can just blast through. I'm not sure where the hiccups would be outside of the usual Arena stumbling blocks (Sopdet, Kagu, Thoth, Radars) though.

Crap, I missed that you finally got her. Congrats!

But yeah, it is weird to have team cost matter again. When I first got the +HP badge, I was surprised at how few of my teams could fit under the reduced cost. Not as much of a concern now, but I'm never ranking up again.
Thanks! Subbing out RYomi and +2 badge for Hino and +1 leaves me with 7.5move time instead of 9.5, which after a few runs tryharding random easy stuff the lower move time isn't that big of a diff. Definitely worth the extra damage Hino brings which is millions more than RYomi when activating with TPA. Switching to stylus and watching more DzyDino has already brought my average combo before skyfall up at least by 1. I feel like I can reliably hit 6 without thinking and often hit 7 just as easily unless the board is really messy or actually doesn't have 7 combos.

The lack of team cost is just forcing me to git gud.

Bladelaw

I yolo'd once on both rems. Halloween Karin and Amoratsu. Both new and I'm happy with both.

Grats! I just talked myself out of rolling it altogether.

For anyone considering rolling:
Odds from Reddit via JP whales:
4* = 58%
5* = 22%
6*+7* = 18%
8* = 2%

The only cards I'm going to get any use out of (since I have all the 4* and all but parv at 5*) is in the "not going to happen" range of rolling.

Karin, Roz, would be useful on some dark teams (Dath inherit and Noctis respectively) but Lumiel is better than both and I have 3 of her. Chasing 7-8* is dumb and while NY Yomi would be welcome on LMeta it's not worth the roll. If I'm going to whale for LMeta (spoilers: I am) then I'm waiting for the June Bride REM to come back.

W-00

I had to roll at least once on this trap REM just for shits and giggles. Out pops Halloween Blonia. I'll take my prize and walk away.

I also yolo pulled and got me a diamond egg. Princess Tsukuyomi!

Not sure where she fits maybe I will stick her on my kushi team for that 7 combo awakening.

I Yolo pulled on the pink REM and got a diamond egg... Karin eh. I have 3 of the regular ones already

I yolo'd once on both rems. Halloween Karin and Amoratsu. Both new and I'm happy with both.

You lot convinced me to make a YOLO roll on my main (combined with my main getting 5 stones for its 550th consecutive logon). Halloween Parvati. Unless I'm missing something, she's completely useless. At least she's cute.

Wait, what? Why? Is there a use for her?

Bladelaw

You lot convinced me to make a YOLO roll on my main (combined with my main getting 5 stones for its 550th consecutive logon). Halloween Parvati. Unless I'm missing something, she's completely useless. At least she's cute.

Wait, what? Why? Is there a use for her?

G/D unbindable dragon killer. Useful in some ALB SDR cheese and a few other places, but not a hard requirement anywhere. I like options and look for value in each rarity tier to judge whether I should roll. This REM doesn't have a lot of value overall for me even though Parv would be a nice 5* pickup.

EDIT: I just saw that she's bindable, I was confusing her for Halloween Alraune. NM I don't want her LOL.

Aesnath

Ahaha, the bitter sting of crushed hope... At least my opinion that she's nothing but cute trash is affirmed!

I have used her a few times for the killers and high poison resist. Not a lot of teams want her, but that is some reason to keep her at least. I guess you could run her on Awoken Perseus, if you decide to make that team. See, optimism!

I got Halloween Blonia. Good for Dath? Her active looks perfect, but there's a long cooldown for it.

Her awakenings are quite bad for D.Athena, which make her a tough sub to slot in for end-game stuff. No Skill Bind Resistance on her and both D.Athenas means you need 5 among 3 subs to get full coverage. The rows are also almost entirely irrelevant as you should want your subs to mirror D.Athena's TPA-focused damage for maximum efficiency. Also no RCV hurts with no naked RCV boost for D.Athena (requires attack activation for the RCV boost).

She's better as an inherit tbh.

Bladelaw

I got Halloween Blonia. Good for Dath? Her active looks perfect, but there's a long cooldown for it.

It's a great board change and since she's on color with the team you get the stat boost as well if you choose to inherit her on someone instead of just using her. The long cooldown shouldn't matter for longer dungeons (Arenas, One Shot Challenges, Coliseum) so you should have plenty of time to stall it up. Plus paired Dath leads give you 6 SB to start. Like Moblin said, she's bad on the team but a great inherit for a kill board.

----

I'm still looking for ways to optimize my LMeta team. I'm keeping guard break as a "requirement" for my team building purposes because actives are at a premium, so novelty aside I still think it's a net benefit to build in that direction. I know I've gone over what's usable but I'm really looking for alternate choices. L/B is probably the hardest slot to fill.

Dark: Revo Indra (Indra)--> I don't see anything else beating this slot. 7200 HP is vital to this team, and the skill was a given either way. the 2 SBR means you can run 2 subs with 0 SBR, and the two prongs mean you can chip out sopdet without needing to burn Fujin/Uruka.

Blue: There's really only two choices that make sense, ADQXQ and L/B Apollo. I don't have DQXQ and if I did I would Revo and put them on Myr meaning I lose the blue subtype. L/B Apollo is painfully low on HP but his attack, prongs, and powerful active make a difference.

Green: Revo Ra brings the most HP and useful awakenings. AnaValk provides burst and Allura brings garbage clear and potential non cross damage via 7-combo. Revo Izanagi brings burst, strong awakenings, and decent (but not Revo Ra levels) of HP.

Red: Lots of options depending on need. This is probably the safest flex slot for dungeon specific mechanics. I like Wedding Izanami. Lots of OE, Dark resist is great vs DQ hera. Great HP, low cooldown active means you can inherit whatever you need and still be able to use her shield in a pinch.

That's how I chose my team. Latents are kind of random and I'm not sure I'm happy with inherits yet. I think god killers would be super useful across the non-prong members of the team, SDR is always welcome. One rainbow resist sub for 100% gravities.

Inherits are kind of flexible beyond Indra and maybe fujin. A spike isn't needed so board and orb changers work for Ra and Apollo. Having a delay on Izanami and a way to ensure enough hearts to bind clear help on LMeta.

Anyone else really digging into LMeta? I think I've just been hungry to play a non heart cross light lead. Granted it's still a cross lead but I'll take it.

NineH

Told myself I'll pull until dupe because I wanted to try to get a NY Mitsuki. I got

Halloween Parvati
Black Witch, Xiang Mei
Misery - dupe

So, I didnt get what I wanted but I'm pretty sure I'll never be so lucky to pull an 8* ever again so I stopped it at the aptly named Misery but to be fair, I am pretty darn happy.

b33r

I might make a team for lmeta down the line, still deciding.

I had enough MP on my JP account for dathena and I only really mess around and experiment on that account, so I tried her out. Have rhaku and Sima Yi as a good start for subs. Been trying different subs for the other two spots, kinda need uvo Satsuki for her 2 sbrs, so I'll have to inherit something on her. Put facet on dathena for now.

Dathena is very good, but this has cemented me not buying her in NA. She won't get me past anything that teams I have won't already and she has issues of her own. I do think she's worth it for some people, just not for me. It'll be nice having a strong dark team on my JP account though.

Red Myr, like a year later lol
DAe8cREXYAA16lF

a self-imposed combo shield for full activation?

would love a red myr but I'll have to settle for little red riding hood for now.

she'd be a reasonable sub with those awakenings but likely not worth the cost if they ever put her in the shop

J0dy77

Red Myr, like a year later lol

Very solid card, I'll be interested to see some videos of her in action. My Myr team was one of my favorites throughout PAD, cleared a ton of content with her and was very well balanced. I'd like to give the heart cross style another try since I've gotten better at comboing since then.

Aesnath

Red Myr is...interesting. Her multiplier is OK, but nothing special; especially in light of the somewhat challenging activation requirement. On the other hand, she is obviously designed to abuse the 7c awakening, which is a generally powerful strategy. Her active skill is also most likely an upgrade, making her a solid sub for herself. Eldora is also a cool sub in that it actually helps all parts of her leaderskill.

If you are good with her, you won't have to worry too much about combo shields at least.

All this adds up to:

If you are a very skilled ronove player (i.e. can consistently hit full multiplier without skyfall), you are probably going to find this Myr pretty strong. However, she isn't a major upgrade until you can both populate your team with several 7c subs and hit 7c reliably (including a cross) on kill turns at least.

However, for me (and other players like me) who can't reliably hit cross plus 3c without skyfall nor 7c reliably under any circumstance, going to be a hard pass.

Kinda sad. I was really hoping for a 7x6 Myr variant. That would have been fun.

Aesnath

Either way she's PADR exclusive

True, but I thought there was some possibility that she could see a future D. Athena-like MP shop release. Not a certainty for sure (I mean, we never heard anything about Light Heradra, who was a similar promotion to both), but definitely a possibility.

On the other hand, how was D.Athena being released to the MP shop received in Japan? Like, were people who bought the token pissed that others got her? That could certainly impact their desire to do a repeat.

StMeph

My last pull on the Heroine REM was Julie. Not sure if I should make a water, wood, or bicolor team for her.

Depends on your subs. The JP-ideal team seems to be wood, with 3x RagDra + Wee Jas, but the consensus seems to be that if you don't have that, TPA-water is next in line, and much easier to assemble with a wide sub pool. But if your wood > water nothing should stop you from making it wood-oriented instead.

Negator

Julie is a really fun lead to play, wow. So tanky, hits like a truck, killers everywhere with the shield is so satisfying.

Edit: Went into OSC blind with only Bladelaw's Julie with an Inherit and never even came close to dying.

J0dy77

For anyone considering rolling:
Odds from Reddit via JP whales:
4* = 58%
5* = 22%
6*+7* = 18%
8* = 2%

This is my biggest gripe with the game right now. The rates are just garbage and the benefits of chasing in the REM is simply for whales. Nothing has changed since the game was released years ago. A lot of gacha games have been released since with (for the most part) better systems. You have Fire emblem where it benefits you to pull in bunches and reduces stones spent while giving stones at a faster rate. Other games guarantee a high level pull after a certain amount spent. It's so unbelievably frustrating for long time players that have a good chunk of the long term pantheons but now have to chase lightning striker type odds for the rarest cards.

I rolled 6 times in the Heroine REM chasing and got the same 2 cards 6 times. 4 Momiji and 2 Mel... completely worthless. If I spent a real money pack on that I'd be pissed.

Aesnath

Finally cheesed Heradra descended last night with a buddy. I already had one from the last OSC, but he needed her for yomidra, so we had been trying to figure out how to get him through it. Ended up going with Minerva cheese, but he didn't have a minerva, so he had to run Lifive for his lead. Meant everything took FOREVER as we were at 3x base multiplier and only at 18x for dragons at our best. It worked, but it took like an hour and 45 minutes.

Afterward, I was feeling good, so I decided to roll on the director's carnival before bed. Got Hades, which I felt pretty good about. I've learned the value of inheritable gravities and a solid dark cheese lead seems useful as well. So, I think, let's go for two. Got Raphael! Pretty nice, better than any of my rolls on the last godfest. I'm stopping here, leaving while I'm ahead. Not sure if I should start trying to skill Raph, since he might get an awoken soon and I feel like there are a few ways that his active could get better.

Looking at the OSC, I'm not sure what I should try. IF I get Noahdra, I'm pretty sure that I could drop it with stalling and Meri. However, if it is Hephdra, I don't think that will work (unless I am blessed with an unreasonable amount of water skyfall). On the other hand, Minerva or Minerva cheese could probably take him down, if I can get either team to the dragon. I'm going to have to think about it. Padguide was a bit odd about the stage; does anyone know if we have a set radar dragon again, or if it is randomly determined each time you enter the stage?

This is my biggest gripe with the game right now. The rates are just garbage and the benefits of chasing in the REM is simply for whales. Nothing has changed since the game was released years ago. A lot of gacha games have been released since with (for the most part) better systems. You have Fire emblem where it benefits you to pull in bunches and reduces stones spent while giving stones at a faster rate. Other games guarantee a high level pull after a certain amount spent. It's so unbelievably frustrating for long time players that have a good chunk of the long term pantheons but now have to chase lightning striker type odds for the rarest cards.

I rolled 6 times in the Heroine REM chasing and got the same 2 cards 6 times. 4 Momiji and 2 Mel... completely worthless. If I spent a real money pack on that I'd be pissed.

Momiji and Mel did just get somewhat relevant buffs in JP. Well, Mel still sucks, unless you are pretty early game, but Momiji is now the proud owner of that super-cool anti-resolve awakening. Legit, I think she becomes pretty desirable for any non-row team that can use her.

In other news, Meri got a time extend. Sure, not the Skill boost or SBR that would have really made a difference, but she often does feel a bit time crunched.

Julie is a really fun lead to play, wow. So tanky, hits like a truck, killers everywhere with the shield is so satisfying.

Edit: Went into OSC blind with only Bladelaw's Julie with an Inherit and never even came close to dying.
Nice! I see you got Heph dragon, what group are you in for daily dungeons? Does anyone know yet if that's even what it's based on?

Bladelaw

I love Julie. She's my new preferred tank lead. She doesn't hit as hard as Dathena but fielding an almost unbindable team is a great quality of life improvement over Dathena. I use Julie (Uruka), Rag Drag(Skuld), Rag Drag(Beach Sonia), Mathena(Sheen), Odin Dragon (Wee Jas), Julie (Force) and can clear A3 wiith reasonable consistency. Skyfall troll is generally how I fail. Odin Dragon's 7-combo awakening often makes up for his lack of damage, and I have forever to manipulate the board. My complaint is the team cost is too high to use the 35% rcv badge which is this teams primary weakness. I've been debating throwing Revo Astaroth or Balboa in over Mathena as an RCV stick but Mathena's raw damage is so useful on the team on floors where killers don't apply.

You're not wrong. High end play requires a stupid amount of REM investment, or enough play time for the odds to eventually turn up in your favor. If they want to push multiplayer and stop driving people away, REM rates need to improve. If not then the community will stagnate (already happening) and people will move on. I bring up multiplayer because running things like Coliseum and A3 with a partner requires a lot of coordination if the team isn't using a cookie cutter build. If player A's box isn't up to snuff then odds are good player B will look for someone else. This bums out player A who is now less likely to engage in Multi.

Having high end farmable leads goes a long way toward alleviating this problem but Myr is not enough without sub support, and the MP cards are a catch-22. If you can afford or farm for them, odds are good you don't need them. Yuki has proven you can clear A3 with almost anything (Awoken Amon ffs) but like I think Aesnath said, A3 is now more about having the right inherits than the right team which of course means heavy REM investment.

EDIT: re OSC: I got Hera dragon last time I think. Anyone that had Hera last time know what they got this time? I'm hoping at least that is consistent.

Be warned, Padx lies about floor 18.

Megido Cannon ( 105700 )
< 30% HP, 100% Chance

I knocked him under and then he healed and next turn used this when he was well over 30%.

EDIT: re OSC: I got Hera dragon last time I think. Anyone that had Hera last time know what they got this time? I'm hoping at least that is consistent.
I think I got Hera last time. I'm in group C and got Heph this time.

W-00

Oooh, Elgenubi's LS got buffed from 4x on 5o1e to 5x on 5o1e! If I'm doing the math right, that would mean that with a 5o1e and a TPA, a Kuvia on her team would do more than 284x damage. That's respectable, and even more reason for me to want to make the team.

Too bad that my alt doesn't have an Elgenubi - it has better subs for the team than my main. It has a Markab for an unbindable machine that can inherit a bind-clear. My main doesn't. This may be the first time outside of seeking a Markab-system where someone has actively wanted a Markab.

I agree that GungHo needs to do something about the rates. I'd like to see a multi-pull system that gives an extra roll and guarantees a higher-rarity monster, like LL:SIF does. Or at the very least, a multi-pull option that gives an extra roll like SAO:MD. Maybe after X amount of rolls you get a ticket for a special gacha without the regular trash - like one of the memorial gachas or the GFE gacha. Maybe even gachas for particular pantheons or colors.

Still, while I want GungHo to do something to improve the REM, I can't be too mad at them about it. In the other two games I mentioned a trash roll is forever a trash roll, while in PAD a trash roll might one day be useful.

J0dy77

You're not wrong. High end play requires a stupid amount of REM investment, or enough play time for the odds to eventually turn up in your favor. If they want to push multiplayer and stop driving people away, REM rates need to improve. If not then the community will stagnate (already happening) and people will move on. I bring up multiplayer because running things like Coliseum and A3 with a partner requires a lot of coordination if the team isn't using a cookie cutter build. If player A's box isn't up to snuff then odds are good player B will look for someone else. This bums out player A who is now less likely to engage in Multi.

Having high end farmable leads goes a long way toward alleviating this problem but Myr is not enough without sub support, and the MP cards are a catch-22. If you can afford or farm for them, odds are good you don't need them. Yuki has proven you can clear A3 with almost anything (Awoken Amon ffs) but like I think Aesnath said, A3 is now more about having the right inherits than the right team which of course means heavy REM investment.

I like that they continually keep cards relevant rather than make us chase new cards at terrible rates. However, this really kills the long time players. Continually rolling dupes and silver trash to buy one card that I need 4 of the same rare card for the ideal build is draining. I wish the game was geared towards making every card have relevance and make the time/money investment into developing the teams. The fact that I get lucky in the REM and immediately make the card max level and +297 instead of getting a card and performing in game tasks to make the card viable is wearing on me. End game content is really just there to say, I did that rather than giving any real benefit.

I still love the gameplay mechanics and it is a great game at its core but hopefully Gungho shakes things up as the game is slowly starting to fall off as seen by the falling sales in JP/US.

Momiji and Mel did just get somewhat relevant buffs in JP. Well, Mel still sucks, unless you are pretty early game, but Momiji is now the proud owner of that super-cool anti-resolve awakening. Legit, I think she becomes pretty desirable for any non-row team that can use her.

Yeah, but not sure I need 6 of her (lol). I had dupes of her from the first time the Heroine REM came around.

Bladelaw

Oooh, Elgenubi's LS got buffed from 4x on 5o1e to 5x on 5o1e! If I'm doing the math right, that would mean that with a 5o1e and a TPA, a Kuvia on her team would do more than 284x damage. That's respectable, and even more reason for me to want to make the team.

Too bad that my alt doesn't have an Elgenubi - it has better subs for the team than my main. It has a Markab for an unbindable machine that can inherit a bind-clear. My main doesn't. This may be the first time outside of seeking a Markab-system where someone has actively wanted a Markab.

I just saw the Elgenubi buff. This might actually make her lead worthy. 2.25x | 56.25x | 2.25x is pretty great and easier to activate than Krishna. The down side being mostly OE focused instead of TPA/Row based.

Something like Elgenubi, Markab, Antares, Kuvia, Kuvia with the +2 TE badge. Kuvia is the heavy hitter, Stick something like Fire Dragon Swordsman on Markab. Antares is your garbage cleaner when you don't want to override skyfall buffs. I'm looking forward to these buffs. Use a Barbara or Baldin inherit (or sub really over a second Kuvia if needed) to spike down. If Urd ever gets machine type she'd be perfect too.

I did it I did the thing

^^ nice, now level up the subs and reincarnate the 2nd Haku :p

I've struggled with A3 solo due to the radars but everything else, including A1, is comically easy for her. Ryunes (inherited) are great for healing and you can always find people who have non-delay inherits if you need Jewel Princess burst or Fujin or a laser or whatever.

I just wish I was able to consistently hit 7c with her, I feel like that would make things easier.

Kwhit10

I'm group E and got hera dragon.

Used Revo kush/rhaku/allura/gadius/yomi/rkush.

7 combo on hera Dragon kept allura at 1.9m damage just under the 2mil absorb.

Aesnath

I like that they continually keep cards relevant rather than make us chase new cards at terrible rates. However, this really kills the long time players. Continually rolling dupes and silver trash to buy one card that I need 4 of the same rare card for the ideal build is draining. I wish the game was geared towards making every card have relevance and make the time/money investment into developing the teams. The fact that I get lucky in the REM and immediately make the card max level and +297 instead of getting a card and performing in game tasks to make the card viable is wearing on me. End game content is really just there to say, I did that rather than giving any real benefit.

I still love the gameplay mechanics and it is a great game at its core but hopefully Gungho shakes things up as the game is slowly starting to fall off as seen by the falling sales in JP/US.

I don't know if I'd agree. I personally dislike grinding to make things viable once I have them. And you still have to do it for +s and skill-ups, so it isn't like that factor isn't there. It is is honestly one of the things that made me drop Fire Emblem Heroes: I just do not feel like playing things over and over to get xp or sp; even when I've drawn something good.

The game is also OK at making older things viable, something that I see other games neglecting. At the end of the day, a company wants you to want the shiny new thing, so you'll try and get it. While not every leader is meta, you can get through a lot of content with a variety of leads and teams. Again, comparing it to FEH, there are a lot of truly crap rolls in FEH, no matter where you are in the game. Even if you get something cool, if it is at 4*, you are going to have to grind feathers for quite a while to upgrade it. Sure fruit dragons in PAD suck, but people run them early game. A lot of the 4* have a niche, even if it is a bit narrow, which is at least acceptable. I'll admit, none of that justifies them being so damn common that you will have a large number of dupes eventually.

Now, I will agree that it would be nice if farmables had more viability or if you felt more rewarded for taking on challenging content. I'm not sure what they could do in that regard, however. I do think it is a problem if someone like me (playing for 8 mos, several solid teams, OK with those teams) looks at end game content and says "nah, not worth the trouble/stamina." That is where I find myself a lot of the time. I just don't feel like wasting 100 stamina figuring out the narrow path to beat a particular dungeon.

I also sort of feel like the stamina system is a bit unnecessary. I mean, the gatcha is probably enough to get people to IAP if they are inclined to do so, and who cares if someone can spend all their time farming evo mats or drops or whatever? It wouldn't really throw off game balance and probably wouldn't impact their bottom line. Moreover, it would make it easier for some people (like me) to justify trying things outside of their comfort zone.

Yeah, but not sure I need 6 of her (lol). I had dupes of her from the first time the Heroine REM came around.

Yeah, OK, fair enough. I'm not sure too many things that one would want 6 of. Can run a whole team and inherit it on top of them!

I'm not a fan of micromanaging stamina and not having stamina to keep farming is awful (especially early game) but the entire structure of the game is sadly built around it. Without stamina, team cost (and therefore card cost and the "big" single-player badges) would be irrelevant. The value of MP and MP cards would nosedive if you could infinitely farm it. Even if not many players stone for continues or refreshes, it's still something that wastes stones, which is better for GungHo's coffers in the long run.

But something with the system does feel very off. Stoning for continues or refreshes is much less consequential and stones are handed out like candy now, which means the value of stones has collapsed. GungHo's method of balancing this is to have an increasingly crappy REM (or 10-stone REMs), which means more stones are needed for less overall box value.

Just a weird game economy. If the game wasn't nearing the end of its life it would be neat to see a "complete" server reset of sorts, rebalancing everything at once, resetting rank, letting players with achievements keep their goodies, etc.

J0dy77

I don't know if I'd agree. I personally dislike grinding to make things viable once I have them. And you still have to do it for +s and skill-ups, so it isn't like that factor isn't there. It is is honestly one of the things that made me drop Fire Emblem Heroes: I just do not feel like playing things over and over to get xp or sp; even when I've drawn something good.

The game is also OK at making older things viable, something that I see other games neglecting. At the end of the day, a company wants you to want the shiny new thing, so you'll try and get it. While not every leader is meta, you can get through a lot of content with a variety of leads and teams. Again, comparing it to FEH, there are a lot of truly crap rolls in FEH, no matter where you are in the game. Even if you get something cool, if it is at 4*, you are going to have to grind feathers for quite a while to upgrade it. Sure fruit dragons in PAD suck, but people run them early game. A lot of the 4* have a niche, even if it is a bit narrow, which is at least acceptable. I'll admit, none of that justifies them being so damn common that you will have a large number of dupes eventually.

Now, I will agree that it would be nice if farmables had more viability or if you felt more rewarded for taking on challenging content. I'm not sure what they could do in that regard, however. I do think it is a problem if someone like me (playing for 8 mos, several solid teams, OK with those teams) looks at end game content and says "nah, not worth the trouble/stamina." That is where I find myself a lot of the time. I just don't feel like wasting 100 stamina figuring out the narrow path to beat a particular dungeon.

I also sort of feel like the stamina system is a bit unnecessary. I mean, the gatcha is probably enough to get people to IAP if they are inclined to do so, and who cares if someone can spend all their time farming evo mats or drops or whatever? It wouldn't really throw off game balance and probably wouldn't impact their bottom line. Moreover, it would make it easier for some people (like me) to justify trying things outside of their comfort zone.

Yeah, OK, fair enough. I'm not sure too many things that one would want 6 of. Can run a whole team and inherit it on top of them!

I agree about grinding and Fire Emblem Heroes. I stopped playing because the game was just lacking to me. Getting a high end card is really all it takes to brute force 99% of the content. It got very repetitive, very quickly.

Gungho has done something right to keep me playing for 1600 days (just hit that milestone). I'd just like to see a shift away from this 8 * better chance of being struck by lightning chase for the best cards and put more meaning into the challenges end game for progress.

Evolving Myr and Ra Dra were some of the best tasks in game, more stuff like that. Or how about this for an idea? Make challenge modes drop key evolve pieces, specific dungeons require you to use a fire team or lock out a certain color. It forces people to use their entire box rather than just spamming SS tier leads.

Bladelaw

I'm at the point where I make my own fun for the game. I like trying oddball leads with new or interesting mechanics. Today's task is getting Awoken Durga up and running. I have everything I need except XP and I think one green divine mask. Having these little tasks are nice, then you get to play with the new toy.

I've been toying with writing an LMeta team guide just because she's doesn't appear to be getting much love for some reason. She's surprisingly flexible to build around.

Aesnath

I agree about grinding and Fire Emblem Heroes. I stopped playing because the game was just lacking to me. Getting a high end card is really all it takes to brute force 99% of the content. It got very repetitive, very quickly.

Gungho has done something right to keep me playing for 1600 days (just hit that milestone). I'd just like to see a shift away from this 8 * better chance of being struck by lightning chase for the best cards and put more meaning into the challenges end game for progress.

Evolving Myr and Ra Dra were some of the best tasks in game, more stuff like that. Or how about this for an idea? Make challenge modes drop key evolve pieces, specific dungeons require you to use a fire team or lock out a certain color. It forces people to use their entire box rather than just spamming SS tier leads.

OK, now I think I agree with you. You're challenge suggestions sound pretty good. You know, really the quest system is rather poorly implemented when you think about it. Rather than getting you to try different things or play a different way, it is more of a milestone marker for stuff you were likely trying to do anyway.

Top Bottom