• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

I had a pretty great PCGF

Main rolled a pack and pulled (Notable rolls only)
Loki x2 (first and second ever)
Liu Bei x3 (already sitting on three)
Haku (5th one...)
Leilan (New)
Diao Chan (New)
Orochi (like 6th?)
Andromeda (third, now I can safely make awoken and lose nothing!)
Acala (2nd)
Isis (5th?)

Everything else was a non-useful PCGF Dupe or straight trash (gold egg divinegon GTFO) PCGF hit rate was ~70% on my main.

Alt made a killing with 8 rolls:
Ilm (first)
Eschamali (first)
DQXQ (Dupe but useful)
Persephone (3rd)
Anubis (2nd)
Jize
Kushi (first)
Acala (First)

I know my rates aren't indicative but god damn I'm happy after this PCGF. Only thing that would have made it better was another Diao Chan on my main, or a Haku, Ganesha, or Liu Bei on my alt.

Aesnath

First off, anyone trying to beat OSC Lucifer, I discovered something last run. Since I had hepdra, I was trying to bring stuff with long inherits in order to soak the skill delay and still have a few actives. This lead to bringing a friend Minerva with a Raphael inherit. This is my fifth try at the stupid stage, and each time it has been due to me screwing up Lucifer's second combo shield. However, I was stalling quite a bit (to have my delay up for the awoken bind dragon), so by the time I reached the floor before Lucifer (Surtur), Raphael was up. I popped Raphael (two turn damage void, board change to heart), then popped a board change to finish Surtur. Lucifer's preemptives ate one turn of damage null. But then I just zero combo during his first combo shield. He tries to kill me, but the damage null stops it. Now, he has no shield, but I'm still skill bound. I match some colors to bring him below half, he throws up his second combo shield, but I have my skills now. I didn't bring any true damage, but I use and Ilm board to get seven combos pretty easily.

TL;DR: If you are having trouble with Lucifer, bring a multiturn damage null. I used Raphael but I bet it can be done with genie or thanatos as well. If timed correctly, you can have active skill use for the second combo shield. Sorry if this was already known.

As for this godfest, it is odd, as it is much better than average, but it doesn't really include much I want/need. My daughter wants me to buy a D. Athena, but I still think it is a bad idea and so much of this godfest is about D. Athena. Also, I have the anubis team, and can't run it, so dupes of diochan or anubis will suck. On the other hand, I'd still like an Indra or a Ganesha.

Four rolls

1. Hanzo (dupe, of questionable value)
2. Haku (pretty cool, I suppose it'll be helpful if I am running Persephone with my daughter's D. Athena)
3. Yomi (dupe, not sure how useful)
4. Leilan (pretty cool. I think I wanted her more when I was scraping for Minerva subs; not as necessary now)

I'll probably roll a few more times. I just hate that such a good godfest is full of stuff I am a bit indifferent about.

I beat all of the Devil Challenge 2 fights, hadn't been able to clear that kind of stuff before. Julie as a friend captain is pretty great, I'm tempted to run with my Julie as a captain too instead of Meri, but I don't think the damage gets as high?

Julie does do worse damage, but has the upside of being much tankier due to the HP and shield. Subs are a bit more restrictive, as you'll need a source of both blue and green from at least some of your subs. Also, Julie's active kinda sucks. That being said, she is, overall at least as good as Meri, if not better. Very different playstyle though

Just bring something with Guard Break awakening to Lucifer if you can't hit 7c reliably

You're guaranteed a rainbow board so there's no way for you to fail unless you try not to match rainbow

Aesnath

Just bring something with Guard Break awakening to Lucifer if you can't hit 7c reliably

You're guaranteed a rainbow board so there's no way for you to fail unless you try not to match rainbow

I hadn't really thought of that. However, I only have like two things with the awakening and none of the teams I could conceivably beat a OSC with would lend themselves to all attributes. I was just happy I figured something out I hadn't thought of, figured I'd share the strategy.

Jagernaut

Once again a weak pcgf for me.

Free roll - Shedar dupe
Ra - 3rd but useful
Pandora - 3rd
Zweihander - 2nd and pretty useless
DQXQ - 3rd
Shadow Dragon Knight - new, actually wanted one
Kakkab - new
Strawberry Dragon - dupe trash
Ra - 4th but still useful for button team
Hanzo - 3rd

Not very good, but they were all free stones anyway.

Aesnath

So... Anubis is easy to use if you have 13 seconds of move time every turn. I really want that second Diao Chan now.

Not for me man. I just can't fit enough combos into the board reliably. I think it should work, I've watched videos, but I inevitably run out of things to do around 6c.

For reference I have Dio Chan/Dio Chan/Yomi/Cecil. Time is, apparently, not my actual problem.

Main:

Orochi (First!)
Anubus (like 4th)
Orochi

Alt:
Kanna
Indra (2nd so I can have awoken and non-awoken forms)
Rajin
Anubis

Not bad. I may buy one more pack on my main. Would really love to get one more Andromeda or one more Haku.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Main pulled a lot of non-Haku dark attributes:
Alnair (free)
Jize (dupe)
Yomi (dupe)
Nepthys (dupe #2)
Henry Boram (...)
Loki (dupe #4)
Grape dragon (WHY)
Loki (dupe #5)
Earth Swordsman (dupe)
Sima Yi

My hot new alt (who somehow pulled Napoleon as its starter god) got the Haku I craved:
Red Riding Hood (free)
Loki
Sima Yi
Ilm
Isis
Haku

I guess the game (or Loki) is telling me I really don't need to go buying DAth.

bjork

Sima Yi
Pandora
Pandora
Acala
Leilan
Creuse

Sima Yi seems good but I had all the others except Creuse who seems bad so idk. Might try to put Sima Yi's special onto one of my Meri team people.

Bladelaw

Not for me man. I just can't fit enough combos into the board reliably. I think it should work, I've watched videos, but I inevitably run out of things to do around 6c.

For reference I have Dio Chan/Dio Chan/Yomi/Cecil. Time is, apparently, not my actual problem.

So here's what I've been doing, I'm preparing to seriously take on Coliseum with Noctis so I've been practicing getting high combo counts with prongs. A lot of what I've been doing there applies to Anubis.

1) Count the combos on the board, if you have 8 combos it's just a matter of putting the junk orbs out of the way of the good ones. Also use one of the junk orbs to move around so you're not at risk of missing that last combo.

2) practice bi-color boards. Setsu has optimal bicolors for almost any combination. Anubis does so much damage that prongs aren't needed, just combo away. Sheena is on almost all my subs.

3) pick a corner and pack orbs in a stacking fashion. There's always at least one corner with three orbs you can start with.

4) if there's hearts and you can survive the next hit don't worry about killing. If skyfall solves the problem for you great! This takes the stress off of comboing.

Not a general tip but stacking high HP monsters helps with 4. RYomi has a monstrous amount of HP as does Super Yomi Dragon. Yomi is also great Player Skill Issue insurance for Must Kill turns. 18 seconds of move time should be enough to get the job done no a usable board.

Sima Yi
Pandora
Pandora
Acala
Leilan
Creuse

Sima Yi seems good but I had all the others except Creuse who seems bad so idk. Might try to put Sima Yi's special onto one of my Meri team people.

Sima Yi is a good inherit for water if you have no use for light orbs. The unlocking is reeeaaal nice in some dungeons and he doesn't break hearts.

I know he'll get another finger down the line, which is lovely as I'm still only rocking my single Haku on D.Athena.

W-00

Rolled a few more times.

Main got Eschamali (first!), Basilisk (sold), and Oda Nobunaga (first).

Alt got Diadem (really, the second today?), Ra x2 (in a row?!), and Ganesha (first).

I suppose I can't really be too unhappy with these results. My alt's Barbara will appreciate Diadem if I ever make a team for her. My alt's two new Ras are actually #3 and #4, so I could have a pretty luxury button-team if I wanted to. I suppose Oda could take the place of Pandora when I pair with my alt's Lu Bu - a little less HP but better ATK and RCV - but I don't remember when the last time I seriously tried to use that pairing was. I don't have any current use for Eschamali, but, y'know, she's Eschamali so it's good to have her. If, once she comes out, I roll Inahime on my main I'll be able to use the second Leilan on a Rozuel team.

I think I'll wait until tomorrow to roll any further. The rest of my PAD attention today should be focused on evolving and awakening what I already have.

Ducarmel

I rolled twice on my main chasing orochi, indra, or fujin? Got dupes on the first two pulls decided to stop.

Alt was doing good but then I got 3 Indra's in a row decided to stop for now.

On the jp side of things I dont know if gungho did any math for this upcoming gfe rem, but 7 times 0 is still 0

And the REMdra descend event just has been free mp nothing useful out of any of the pulls I got and it sucks silvers can come out the gold rem pull.

Bladelaw

Aside from Fujin what are people hoping to grab?
Haku/kushi is obvious but anything lower tier?

I've given up hope of ever seeing Kanna and with it my TPA Myr dreams end.

I cashed in some challenge stones for another roll and pulled the second Diao Chan so I feel compelled to run Anubis once I get them skilled up.

b33r

I've given up hope of ever seeing Kanna and with it my TPA Myr dreams end.

I cashed in some challenge stones for another roll and pulled the second Diao Chan so I feel compelled to run Anubis once I get them skilled up.

I wanted a Kush and Sima Yi mostly. Had enough for ten rolls from challenge dungeons, didn't get either. What I kept was my 3rd Haku, 1st Yomi, 1st Persephone, 1st Sheen, and 2nd Orochi.

So five out of ten were pretty good and I won't complain. Though with that 3rd Haku I'll probably grind some challenge dungeons tonight/tomorrow for another pull or two and hope for Kush.

Edit: also, any idea when our MP max gets expanded? I'm very close to max right now.

Bladelaw

I wanted a Kush and Sima Yi mostly. Had enough for ten rolls from challenge dungeons, didn't get either. What I kept was my 3rd Haku, 1st Yomi, 1st Persephone, 1st Sheen, and 2nd Orochi.

So five out of ten were pretty good and I won't complain. Though with that 3rd Haku I'll probably grind some challenge dungeons tonight/tomorrow for another pull or two and hope for Kush.

Edit: also, any idea when our MP max gets expanded? I'm very close to max right now.
I imagine it has to be soon. The MP cap boost happened shortly after Dathena entered JP's MP shop right?

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member

Mostly Haku, as she would be the last piece of a good DAth team (barring Fujin). I've been itching to pull that trigger but can't really justify it without a Haku. Was also hoping for Orochi, Lumiel, or another Indra for inherit usage. In general I lack inheritable delays and true damage actives.

Acala free first
Loki first
Andromeda DUPE I wanted
Woodbahn yuck
Ceres dupe
Persephone dupe
Oda Nobunaga first

Pretty happy. Really wanted that dupe Andromeda. Oda is apparently a great sub and not a bad lead?

jay23

I haven't posted here in a while, had 250 stones and pretty much used them all

Notables

2x dakali I have 4 now 0_0
2x sima yi
Hermes
Persephone
2xLiu bei(finally get him after all this time)
2x haku(I have 5 now)
Panda
Orochi and hydra
Raijin
3x ganesha
2x lumiel
Andro
Ra

Really wanted Indra, sucks that he didn't pop out after all those stones. Overall I'm really happy with my rolls. Decided to buy Dark Athena since I have pretty much the perfect team(except Indra/susano)

alt got the haku I was hoping for a dupe of on my main, an oda, and sima yi

I need a few hundred more MP and I can have a cute OP team without having to go through the mess of wasting weeks' worth of stamina to build a Myr on the alt ;___;

also now that I'm nearing a for-funsies Astaroth team, is there any practical use for the "counterattack" part of the skill besides resolve cheesing?

Jagernaut

alt got the haku I was hoping for a dupe of on my main, an oda, and sima yi

I need a few hundred more MP and I can have a cute OP team without having to go through the mess of wasting weeks' worth of stamina to build a Myr on the alt ;___;

also now that I'm nearing a for-funsies Astaroth team, is there any practical use for the "counterattack" part of the skill besides resolve cheesing?

Also good for baiting bosses like Zaerog to waste a turn dispelling the buff.

Among the many shit silvers and troll golds (fucking Fafnir!?!?!) in my 15 pulls, I got Kush, 2nd Andro, and 2nd and 3rd DQXQ.

Alt got Indra, Andro, 2nd DQXQ, Leilan, from it's 9 pulls.

Probably going to buy a pack on my main to chase Indra and at least 1 Haku but going to grind more challenge stones first.

yuki beating A3 with Goetia is so emasculating
I've realized from watching him that as long as you have "The A3 Inherits" you can beat it with any team with decent damage output, good combo skills, and a bit of luck.

hermit7

I bought rag dra today. Not sure exactly why (still have around 200k mp or so), but he is useful and I think is a good option.

Now on to get a bunch of mats for his Evos.

I got:
-Henry Boram (free)
-Haku (first one!)
-Dill Sirius
-Leeza (dupe)
-Anubis (dupe)
-Zweihander
-DQXQ (yeah!)
-Kurone

I've always wanted a DQXQ and I absolutely needed Haku, so I'm feeling pretty alright about the results.

chrono01

My free pull was Oda Nobunaga. He's not a dupe, at least.

I probably won't use my stones to pull this Godfest. I usually save up 100+ and go all-in, and much of my reserve was spent on the Heroine gatcha a while back.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
No PCGF for me. Fuck every single one of you bitches.

Quantum

I bought a stupid amount of stones. I hate myself for how weak I am.

I have 2 days and six hours to make a bad decision, but it is unlikely that I will.

The way I look at it is if it will increase my enjoyment of the game I'll spend.

There are 6 cards I could use (including the desirable dupes) - especially on my alt account.

I can basically clear everything now (except the top 1-4% of content) - while it is tempting to have a damage absorb block and a decent multiplier inherent, it is NOT worth whaling for. It wont change the way I play, it would just change the speed and clear rate - which doesn't really matter because of the creep.

Any content I've wanted to clear but couldn't has been made easier given time.

maybe after 1500 days I have figured out that everything you make will be useless in 4-5 months, and therefore I'm not overspending without a specific goal.

screw random teams, they can never compete with the meta - unfortunately the Meta has gotten really expensive.

as for feeling bad - don't - the game is designed to get you to spend money - its really good at that!

b33r

I grinded another 5 stones and got diochan, good active, seems ok. Should be able to grind another pull or three, kush or sima yi please.

NineH

Thanks to the PCGF, I am now sitting on 8 DQXQ as I had 5 before and I got 3 right now. What is the consensus on how many to keep since I'm sure I won't need all of them. I'm leaning towards keeping 5 but even that seems excessive.

jiggle

Got Diaochan & pandora #3 on main
Also Meridonalis + Ney over on jpn account!
Lucky day!

Decided to dip my toes into iap and grabbed the Bargain pack
Leilan #2
Andromeda #2
Sheen

Not bad at all

Negator

So I rolled a Loki and revo'd him, and now I have the perfect Dath setup.

I also rolled 2 Diaochan so I started hypering the Anubis team.

J0dy77

I'll never learn with the pcgf. Four rolls, 3 silvers and a Ra. /sigh

I'm a glutton for punishment, threw one more roll for day 2... Fujin!!!! Had to continue with one more roll because, you know, can't stop there... Lui bei my third.

I'll take it.

Bladelaw

So I rolled a Loki and revo'd him, and now I have the perfect Dath setup.

I also rolled 2 Diaochan so I started hypering the Anubis team.

My current stock of Badpys went toward RHaku and RLoki so I need to build stock back up but I'll be running Anubis as well. What's your team like? I'm running Anubis, Diaochan x2, Awoken Indra, and RYomi at the moment. I'm waffling on swapping RYomi with Light Cecil. I don't need the move time but RYomi's fingers do add a bit of consistency to my play.

Top Bottom