• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

MrDaravon

Curious how the last gen versions hold up, I'd imagine not well given that D3 vanilla struggled on last gen and RoS and Adventure mode get waaaaay crazier.

Any reason for the $20 difference in price between versions?

Because on last-gen they're not selling the expansion on it's own, so their options were either do a $40 release (which also is a goodwill gesture) or essentially charge people $60 for an expansion even if they had the original which people (fairly) would have bitched to high heavens about.

The game has never been released on PS4/X1 so the regular price there they can justify as it including the base game and the expansion.

Xander51

Targeted, but was barely reached during the hectic moments - especially if you're playing local multiplayer. On top of that, Reaper of Souls is much more demanding than vanilla.

Buying the PS4/Xbox One version is a significant boost to performance and a definite upgrade.

Fuck, I'm sounding like a Blizzard PR-guy now :( Gotta go to the SC2 thread and hate now.

That's good to know, thanks!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah, my recommendation guys would be to just upgrade to the PS4/Xbox One version. PS3/360 won't handle RoS very well, unfortunately.

ZangBa

I think the lack of patch support for last gen versions is enough to ignore them in favor of current gen, even if you have to wait a bit longer.

After putting a couple hundred hours in the PC version, I'm not sure that there's enough new here worthy of a double dip. I did try the vanilla PS3 demo a while back, however, and it seemed to work great on console.

anddo0

I'm getting this on PS4. I haven't pre-ordered yet. But I'm definitely going to do it int time to pre-load.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I think the lack of patch support for last gen versions is enough to ignore them in favor of current gen, even if you have to wait a bit longer.

I would put patch support near the bottom of the list IMO. Performance would be number 1 reason to get new gen version. Vanilla D3 would drop into single digit frame rates in multi-player games and sub 20 FPS in single player. Next would monser density the very poor density of the last gen consoles made leveling take 10 years. That and spending more time walking than killing sucks. Next would come patch support it is more like icing on the cake.

Please add me PSN dirtgnap should be on a ton launch week. Since I took it off of work to play UEE.

GVA1987

Pre-ordered and paid off waiting to go on the XB1 version. Feel free to add my GT:GVA1987 for some co-op gloriousness.

Question about pre-order bonuses, OP... Are these retail pre-order bonuses, digital, or both? Thanks! (Sorry, just dawned on me.)

The Infernal Pauldrons are available as the pre-order bonus everywhere. Those Shadow of The Colossus and The Last of Us items are in the PS3 and PS4 versions only.

Also if you pre-order digitally on PSN you get a set of helm and weapon transmog recipes, a Spectral Hound minion, and three additional character slots.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Just a heads up for the PC players on the fence. The console version had tweaks to class balance. Might be different enough to entice you. Hopefully it is balanced as well as vanilla D3 2 was for consoles. Hopefully there are more capable builds for the console this time around again like vanilla D3.

Grimiku

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13764516332?page=1#13

Oddly enough this thread is pretty relevant to my personal play experience. I'll be playing a Monk on a last-gen system for UEE, so these concerns will be on my mind while I play, and keep an eye on feedback. The original Diablo III on console launched with content up to patch 1.0.8, but there were a number of tuning changes, including changes made to skills, that were console-specific and didn’t reflect what was live on the PC version. Ultimate Evil Edition will work the same way. While it will effectively launch with content up to patch 2.0.6, our designers did take care to do additional tuning on each class so that they would feel great on console. Because of this, it might be best to wait and see how all of those changes work together in order to tell how class balance feels.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This OT... it's so beautiful! Yoshichan done growed up. Great work.

Sent from my iPhone
Yes! Almost teary eye over here ,_,! This is the response I had been waiting for! I can now go to sleep :3

ZangBa

I would put patch support near the bottom of the list IMO. Performance would be number 1 reason to get new gen version. Vanilla D3 would drop into single digit frame rates in multi-player games and sub 20 FPS in single player. Next would monser density the very poor density of the last gen consoles made leveling take 10 years. That and spending more time walking than killing sucks. Next would come patch support it is more like icing on the cake.

Please add me PSN dirtgnap should be on a ton launch week. Since I took it off of work to play UEE.

Don't get me wrong, the performance is very important to me, but I prefer content over anything else. I've never seen frames drop significantly, though, and I've played enough to reach paragon 26.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Here is information for the OT confirmation no last gen support in the game.

In the comment section at blizzard site blue confirms it. At work so can't log on to get exact link

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15157764/#comments Scroll down a few posts.

Lylirra

Ultimate Evil Edition on last-gen console platforms will ship with 2.0.5 content on the disc, and will be receiving a day 1 patch to introduce 2.0.6 content. There are no plans, however, to provide ongoing patch support for PS3 and Xbox 360 post-launch. While we'd like to regularly deliver updates to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions as well, there are enough differences between console generations that it's not feasible to do so without impacting our ability to deliver high-quality updates in a timely fashion.

oneils

Tempted to get this but I have largely stopped playing DIII on PC. Not sure if I will touch this edition even if I bought it.

Still tempted, though.

Great OT Yoshi

ZangBa

Hows is the game if your mostly going to play single player?

I've played mostly single-player, and sometimes with friends online or with my nephew offline. You should have a great time playing solo, you wouldn't really miss out on anything.

The Infernal Pauldrons are available as the pre-order bonus everywhere. Those Shadow of The Colossus and The Last of Us items are in the PS3 and PS4 versions only.

Also if you pre-order digitally on PSN you get a set of helm and weapon transmog recipes, a Spectral Hound minion, and three additional character slots.

Fantastic! Thanks!! ^_^

I'm so excited for this. It'll be my first experience with the Diablo series but the gameplay looks like a deeper version of other games I really enjoy! Picking it up day 1, digitally. Looks like a PS4 game I can really put a lot of time into and have a blast with friends in too

bebop242

I have not been so hyped for a port of a two year old game before.

I have zero experience with Diablo.

Ps4ers, feel free to friend me. PSN name is the same as my gaf. bebop242

oneils

Is this the full Diablo III game with expansions and upgrades?

yes, but it looks the 360/Ps3 editions will not be getting any future upgrades. For example, Diablo III 2.1 is coming out in the fall for x1/ps4 and pc but probably not for 360/ps3

guaranteed will log more hours in this than Destiny

edit my level 60 DemonHunter is ready day one for the transfer

PSN:Alcoholikaust

I will roll adventure mode until my eyes bleed

False

Pre-ordered this as soon as it showed up on the PSN. They took their sweet time, but I'm sooooooo ready!

Top Bottom