• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

statham

I've played mostly single-player, and sometimes with friends online or with my nephew offline. You should have a great time playing solo, you wouldn't really miss out on anything.

Fine, there is even a combination of items that make playing alone very advantageous (as you can achieve a perma 50% damage reduction which is super OP for higher difficulties).

Nice, I'm in.

molnizzle

Hows is the game if your mostly going to play single player?

It's great, and also super easy to take your SP characters online if you want. Also one of the best couch co-op experiences ever.

PS4 digital pre-order ready to rock. This has pre-load, right?

SeanTSC

Pretty excited for this. A friend at Blizz gave me a free copy of D3 on release and I played through Inferno with friends, but never picked up the expansion. I'm hyped to go through all the new content.

Will be picking it up on the PS4 for sure. And I'm glad they clarified that the PS4/Xbone versions will get patched and have full support, that had me a bit worried.

Tempted to get this but I have largely stopped playing DIII on PC. Not sure if I will touch this edition even if I bought it.

Still tempted, though.

Great OT Yoshi

Something that surprised me when I played the 360 demo for the original, playing on a console feels very different from playing the PC version. The re-worked ui, rolling, how certain attacks work, etc... It makes the game feel very fresh, even after putting hundreds of hours into the PC version of the game. Sure it will be the same areas, same story, etc... A new rift or two I think. But changing the feel of the game is pretty significant. I would recommend downloading the D3 ps3 or 360 demo if you haven't and give it a go.

Magnus

I was so dead set on getting this for PS4, but the inability to play with my PC friends has diminished my frothing demand.

Since I already have D3 on PC, I might just get RoS there.... :(

Awesome! Ive been waiting for this since the pc release. Im little bummed out hearing about the whole patch debacle, but I'm sure I'll still be able to enjoy it.

oneils

Something that surprised me when I played the 360 demo for the original, playing on a console feels very different from playing the PC version. The re-worked ui, rolling, how certain attacks work, etc... It makes the game feel very fresh, even after putting hundreds of hours into the PC version of the game. Sure it will be the same areas, same story, etc... A new rift or two I think. But changing the feel of the game is pretty significant. I would recommend downloading the D3 ps3 or 360 demo if you haven't and give it a go.

I have D3 on PS3, already. I agree that it was much better than I thought it would be. But I find it a little slower. I couldn't quite make the transition. Especially after ROS released. I think I spent more time on ROS than vanilla D3 (200 hours vs. 150 hours).

I don't have a next gen console yet. I think I will wait until I get a ps4/x1 to try this out. Still looks awesome.

Jolkien

Nice OT, can't wait to play. Amazon.ca list my delivery date on august 26-27, that better be wrong I selected 2 day delivery -_-

For those more familiar with the game - does it do a good job of teaching you what to do at the beginning or does it just kind of throw you in and maybe I should read up on things?

ZenaxPure

For those more familiar with the game - does it do a good job of teaching you what to do at the beginning or does it just kind of throw you in and maybe I should read up on things?

You'll be fine, nothing really matters until max level anyway so you have a long time to learn how the game works.

ZangBa

You will be fine. Diablo III is a very streamlined game, it's not difficult to get into.

anthym

Neo Member
Can't wait. Put over 1000 hours into it on PC. Got it preordered for ps4. Add me on psn if you want: ncslamm

Friction

Excited for this. Cant wait to coop with the wife. Anyone know if its possible for both of us to go online from a single xbone?

Fularu

Banned
Day one (preordered)

Won't be able to play it before september though, I leave next monday for Washington and only come back september first :p

So that will end up beeing :

- Vanilla PC CE
- Day one 360
- RoS PC CE
- Day one UE PS4

Quadruple dipping ftw :D

Jolkien

It's pretty self explanatory. There's not a large tutorial but the game also doesn't need one. Make sure you turn on Elective mode (it allows you to place your skill build like you want instead of having 1 skill of each type). It gives you way more flexibility in builds you want to try. When you level up use a red gem in your weapon to really boost your damage (Ruby in weapon gives you a flat damage boost), when your near the max level and your critical hit chance is getting higher switch to a green gem in your weapon. (Emerald in weapon gives you critical hit damage). If you get a helm with a socket for leveling up I suggest you put a red gem in it it gives you a % more xp for faster leveling.

The rest if pretty simple you can always ask your questions in here if you have any.

Apparently you need your old copy of D3 to be able to transfer your 360/ps3 character. ive sold the game since I was double dipping on the PS4 version. I guess Ill start fresh again. How is the Crusader compared to the Barb???

It's pretty self explanatory. There's not a large tutorial but the game also doesn't need one. Make sure you turn on Elective mode (it allows you to place your skill build like you want instead of having 1 skill of each type). It gives you way more flexibility in builds you want to try. When you level up use a red gem in your weapon to really boost your damage (Ruby in weapon gives you a flat damage boost), when your near the max level and your critical hit chance is getting higher switch to a green gem in your weapon. (Emerald in weapon gives you critical hit damage). If you get a helm with a socket for leveling up I suggest you put a red gem in it it gives you a % more xp for faster leveling.

The rest if pretty simple you can always ask your questions in here if you have any.

Thanks for this and all the really quick responses above, I appreciate it! Glad to know it's not too confusing, I was afraid there might just be a ton going on at the beginning that I didn't understand that might prohibit me from succeeding but it sounds like that won't be the case

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Already went and pre-ordered the game in the PSN store. Glad to see it has pre-loading. Already looking into classes and the new Crusader one looks badass. Guess I'll use that :p

Jolkien

Apparently you need your old copy of D3 to be able to transfer your 360/ps3 character. ive sold the game since I was double dipping on the PS4 version. I guess Ill start fresh again. How is the Crusader compared to the Barb???

In general, way more tanky, but way less mobile. It's a pretty slow class but fun class. You generally with most build bunch up a ton of ennemy and then work on them, not too much room for killing while running.

Thanks for this and all the really quick responses above, I appreciate it! Glad to know it's not too confusing, I was afraid there might just be a ton going on at the beginning that I didn't understand that might prohibit me from succeeding but it sounds like that won't be the case

All you need to remember is to always level up your blacksmith lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Ettie

OG DIII didn't feel so much like 60fps on PS3 to me, playing through it local mp with the missus. Will this really be a 50% reduction in framerate?

Nintendad

I held off on the PS3/360 version because I had a feeling it would come to Playstation 4 and Xbox One. I pre-ordered the digital version on PS4. I'm very excited!

I'm Contemplating picking up a used 360 copy of d3 so I can transfer stuff over

Yea I think my plan is to buy a used 360 copy from gamestop, do the update and export character, then return the game within 7 days for a full refund. I wish Redbox had it for rent, it would be less of a hassle :( I worked hard on my barbarian build, so I might as well transfer it over...

Great OT yoshichan. You did a great job, I read through the whole thing, something I rarely do with OTs. Can't wait to play my first diablo!

Top Bottom