• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Katyusha

In preparation for the beta

i6eISf02EW9dL.png

IoCaster

I might as well post a couple of Skyrim screens with some of the lighting I'm experimenting with at the moment. It definitely needs some work, but I think that I can tune it up for a nice effect.

chall2.png

bnbarb.png

Sethos

Banned
Lol the grass looks like it got a massive downgrade from all those hype trailers

Typical crytek

Exactly, I seem to recall this thick, dense grass slowly swaying in the wind.

Then we get this anemic, artificially placed shit that makes the landscape look like a mangy dog.

Sethos

Banned
Just hope its only in MP...

That's what I'm hoping for as well. However didn't they show off that exact same level with much, much better grass? Perhaps the MP map is just a copy of the SP section.

Crossing my fingers!

Also, did they add a touch of chromatic aberration?

iavi

Who cares what tech they have if they don't actually use it in their game

After all the hype about their grass tech, you would think it would look better than that terrible stuff in the actual game

I'm going to echo the ' I do think its because of the MP' too. They've shown footage of this exact level in the SP campaign and it looks a lot better

Spazznid

ibc2jrZjnI8GWd.png

iEY9533rPmeRR.png

I'm okay with it. There's plenty of grass already, much more and it becomes WAY easier for the hunters. Single player will have more, I'm sure.

Game is so much more fun than I anticipated...

Spazznid

idpsZf05KRxes.png

iVr3L7WEBIHFo.png

By the way, I have a 580, and the game runs at 45 solid with shaders at high and everything else maxed, and 30 fps with all maxed on the swamp level. Swamp level is a tiny bit more demanding than this one.

30 feels fine, for some reason, though. like in Planetside.

KKRT00

Who cares what tech they have if they don't actually use it in their game

After all the hype about their grass tech, you would think it would look better than that terrible stuff in the screenshots

If You watched that video carefully, You would noticed that he erased old vegetation, then used exactly the same asset but painted it all over the place. He was using C3 assets and its not like the Train level we saw do not exist and people havent played it already.

strata8

Ugh, can't wait for the next generation of consoles to finally come around. Really easy to tell that some of the assets they've got there are optimised for the 360 and PS3.

Still looks really great though.

Top Bottom