• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

iCiFG8HqdT7AO.jpg

iohOGK8dLRKgz.jpg

What kind of FPS are people getting? I feel really sad that I can barely play on high with no AA at 2560x1440. My 7870's feel like a waste of money...

Sethos

Banned
I don't know how to post screens, I will just tell you they look good ;)

I suggest you open them in some image editing software, resize them to 1920xwhat the aspect ratio is and save them as PNG or High-Quality JPEGs.

10mb BMPs in that resolution are annoying.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hmm, did they remove the vignetting feature Kylen? Or are you using some consolecommand to hide hud/weapon ?

Its okay I guess, it feels like a slightly more open Crysis 2 MP (which I was pretty good at). Performance is a concern for me, I can't tell if its my PC or what but It runs terribly 1440 high no AA or Vsync.

mehfis9e.png

Now I have played it a bit more I am still not really impressed. It still seems like every other shooter I have played (this is MP wise). Though hunter can be fun and tense at times. I really liked Crysis 2's MP so I am surprised I don't like it as much.

Corky

No point in me playing this game until I have a pair of 770's or something. I guess I'm too frivolous with the settings.

crysis3mpopenbeta201379uc1.png

crysis3mpopenbeta20132cuag.png

Oh frustrations. Tried the beta but HEY vram wall. So then, oh look a new driver, download/uninstall blah blah hope my DS doesn't break, and it seems the driver does not install and better yet its been taken down everywhere. I am now driverless and have officially met with my vram concern.
Far be it from cool to complain about having a 690, sure, but it still is quite shitty that it was labeled and advertised and even written up in a few reviews as having 4gb of video memory when its only 2 per core, and unshared. I should have done more research and been more aware, but I still feel shafted. I would have spent the same money, but I would have done two 4gb 670s or 680s. Downsampling is not necesary, but it is pretty amazing, and its frustrating to have the processing oomph to handle it, to have shelled out this (too) much money, but have 5 fps dropped down like an iron wall. So futureproofing was not a thing when I got this.

Coconut

Banned
Is crysis three using a new engine visually it doesn't look that drastically different from 2 but maybe it's because I haven't played 2 for awhile?

Corky

Is crysis three using a new engine visually it doesn't look that drastically different from 2 but maybe it's because I haven't played 2 for awhile?

It definitely doesn't look drastically different from 2.

heyf00L

So that put all that effort into making a Tanager advertisement and use Arial font on it? Graphic design is a part of graphics, Crytek.

Corky

Saw neogaf user shinnn post some crysis 3 shots from the beta thread. One of them was taken in a similar spot to one of my earlier shots so I thought it would be fun to show the difference.

360 native :

iYJaMpLuzBcPw.JPEG

PC downsampled :

crysis3mpopenbeta201379uc1.png

Top Bottom